PDA

View Full Version : ADR List - Feedback Please?

budafam
08-17-2011, 09:26 AM
We are headed back to Disney in May (I know, planning WAY ahead of time... I just can't help myself!) :) This will be our second trip. The first trip we only had 4 ADR's and they were Sci-Fi Dine In Theater lunch, Crystal Palace lunch, 1900 Park Fare breakfast & Chef Mickey's breakfast. We're only repeating Chef Mickey's this time (and 1900 Park Fare but doing the dinner instead). My MIL is coming along and we're staying offsite (so paying OOP for all the meals). So it will be me, DH (who is a very picky eater - only cheese pizza, mac & cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches, fries, pancakes, scrambled eggs, waffles & vanilla ice cream), MIL (very adventurous eater), DS (5) & DD (3). Here's the tentative plan:

Our night of arrival: HoopdeDoo Revue

1st Day
MK
Kona Cafe breakfast
Columbia Harbour House lunch
snacks at night

2nd Day
HS
Breakfast at house
Starring Rolls Snacks
Pizza Planet lunch
50's Prime Time Diner dinner

3rd Day
Epcot
Akershus breakfast
Cool Wash Pizza for DH
pick a QS around the world for lunch (everyone else)
Coral Reef dinner (I know they have bad reviews but we love seafood & still really want to try this place)

4th Day
AK
Tusker House breakfast
Flame Tree BBQ or Pizzafari (DH) for lunch
dinner at house

5th Day (Universal)
WWOHP
breakfast at house
oop Three Broomsticks @ WWOHP
DTD TRex Dinner

6th Day
MK
breakfast at house
Casey's Corner lunch
1900 Park Fare dinner

7th day - we leave
Chef Mickey's breakfast

tink20
08-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Looks good, you have a lot of character meals, I personally don't like that many, because I don't seem to relax, I am too worried about missing the characters to enjoy the meal, plus is you DS going to be okay with that many princess meals? Just my 2 cents, hope you all have a wonderful time. I too, plan way in advance, its the only way to keep the magic alive. Have Fun!

nkereina
08-17-2011, 10:12 AM
All looks good to me. I agree with PP, I don't like overdoing character meals. You pay for the experience too, and after a couple, it doesn't seem worth it to me anymore. I'd also skip T-Rex but it may be something your DS would enjoy. It's very similar to Rainforest Cafe, may even be owned by the same people, and has similar food to other chains like it such as Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood, etc. Nothing to write home about for food, but cool atmosphere.

budafam
08-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Good point on the princess breakfasts but I don't know which one to cut out :confused3 I'm thinking of cutting out the CRT... the price is pretty high and I like the princess selection at Akershus more. DS is going to be doing the Pirates League but DD will also be getting to do BBB. I just wish there were more for boys.

OhThePain
08-17-2011, 10:47 AM
...I'm thinking of cutting out the CRT... the price is pretty high and I like the princess selection at Akershus more...

Just so you are clear, there is no guarentee as to which princesses will be at which meals. The only guarentees are that Belle greets at Akershus and Cinderella greets at CRT. If you want to justify canceling CRT, just say that you'll be seeing Cinderella at the 1900 PF dinner. Also, the price is more expensive because your eating in the castle which is a nice experience, but, IMO, besides that Akershus is better than CRT in every other way.

budafam
08-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Just so you are clear, there is no guarentee as to which princesses will be at which meals. The only guarentees are that Belle greets at Akershus and Cinderella greets at CRT. If you want to justify canceling CRT, just say that you'll be seeing Cinderella at the 1900 PF dinner. Also, the price is more expensive because your eating in the castle which is a nice experience, but, IMO, besides that Akershus is better than CRT in every other way.

Yup, I know there's no guarantee... most experiences at Akershus seem to have either Jasmine or Ariel (both of which we haven't met) and like you said, the 1900 Park Fare will have more of a Cinderella feel. I'd love to eat in the castle but the food just doesn't justify the cost to me. Maybe I could fit in Kona Cafe for breakfast that morning (oooo, yay!) lol...

OhThePain
08-17-2011, 11:05 AM
...I'd love to eat in the castle but the food just doesn't justify the cost to me. Maybe I could fit in Kona Cafe for breakfast that morning (oooo, yay!) lol...

Sounds like a good plan to me. :thumbsup2

budafam
08-18-2011, 07:12 AM
Which ones require a credit card for reservations? I'm pretty sure I heard CRT does. How does that work then? How long would I have to cancel it up until before getting charged?

OhThePain
08-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Which ones require a credit card for reservations? I'm pretty sure I heard CRT does. How does that work then? How long would I have to cancel it up until before getting charged?

From your list I believe the ones that need a CC are Hoop Dee Doo which will charge you at the time you make the ADR and Akershus which will charge you if you do not cancel up until 48 hours before the ADR.

Sweet Melissa
08-18-2011, 09:21 AM
We don't do buffets or character meals, but I'll comment on places we have been.

Kona Cafe breakfast
I think they do a decent breakfast here. My partner disliked it (he ordered the Samoan and his eggs were very undercooked). While I do like the Grand Floridian Café more, I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying Kona.

50's Prime Time Diner dinner
I'm not crazy about this place. The food is okay but we don't enjoy the staff antics. Luckily, the wait staff seem to be very capable of reading their tables and tuning down the "performance" for less receptive parties. Again, I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying it, especially if you think you'd be in to the theme.

Coral Reef dinner
Honestly, one of my favorites. The bad reviews are from a vocal minority. I'm glad you're giving it a chance anyway. We've been several times for both lunch and dinner and have never had a meal here that we haven't liked.