PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner Package 12-1-11

skylilly
08-16-2011, 10:52 PM
General question for anyone who has been to disney the week after thanksgiving. I noticed that Fantasmic is only offered on Sunday and Thursday the week we are at the park. Since it has limited showing is it best to just do the fantasmic dinner package or stand in line. I have booked a package with lunch at Brown Derby however after seeing the seating chart I am not sure this is the best idea. Any suggestions?

minnie mum
08-17-2011, 09:57 AM
In the interest of full disclosure, I'll say upfront that I am a big fan of the F. dining package. I refuse to see F. any other way and am quite happy to pay for the fixed price lunch or dinner (I'd be eating a TS meal in the park anyway and we use the DDP). I have only twice stood in line for the show (no F. package available) and vowed never again. 90 minutes of being jammed up against 7,000 of my new best tired, sweaty, restless friends.

The reserved seating area is not front and center, but still gives you a good, unobstructed view of all the action. An extra bonus is that it is close to the exit, so if you are lucky you can get out ahead of the hordes at the end of the show.

Even during quiet times of the year, DHS has historically been packed when F. is only shown twice a week. And one of those nights will be EEMH, which always brings up the crowd levels. If you MUST have center seating, then be prepared to be in line 90+ minutes early. If you don't care where you sit (or would be happy in the SRO section) then you can try showing up 45 minutes early. Totally up to you. I'm very happy to show up a little more than 30 minutes before the show, using the practically empty special walkway, and taking my guaranteed seat.