PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier poutines- are lunch a dinner the same?

4orm
08-16-2011, 01:25 PM
I really would like to try the Le Cellier wine reduction spin on the poutine that I see on their dinner menu. On their lunch menu there is a poutine listed as a side but it's less expensive and the ingredients aren't listed. Could anyone please tell me if the lunch poutine is the same as their dinner one or it is something different all together?

DonaldDoleWhip
08-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Nope, they're not the same. The lunch one has gravy and nacho-style cheese. I thought it was gross. The dinner one, on the other hand, was amazing.

4orm
08-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks! That's what I was wondering - I'll be keeping our dinner ressie then ;D

goofyintoronto
08-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Nope, they're not the same. The lunch one has gravy and nacho-style cheese. I thought it was gross. The dinner one, on the other hand, was amazing.

OMG nacho style cheese??? Thats a disgrace to all poutines!!!!! :eek: How could they use that cheese? Thats gross!! Im from Canada, and i can assure you that is NOT how we make our poutines!

DonaldDoleWhip
08-16-2011, 02:07 PM
No problem! If it helps, here are pics of both.

Lunch :scared1:

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii106/DoleWhip/IMG_8087.jpg

Dinner :lovestruc

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii106/DoleWhip/IMG_8224.jpg

OMG nacho style cheese??? Thats a disgrace to all poutines!!!!! :eek: How could they use that cheese? Thats gross!! Im from Canada, and i can assure you that is NOT how we make our poutines!
I agree. The lunch one is not only inauthentic, but also quite heavy and unappealing. At least the dinner version is closer to the real thing (with actual cheese curds) and some upscale touches (red wine reduction and truffle salt).

goofyintoronto
08-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks for posting the pic! BIG difference between the two. The dinner poutine is exactly how it should be. Cheese curds! It looks really tasty! :)

TDC Nala
08-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Lunch is fries with cheddar cheese and gravy. Not sure how they call it poutine. Split it with someone, there's a lot of it.

TheTurners
08-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Shame on them for serving the lunch version. It looks like it was served at the Pop cafeteria.