PDA

View Full Version : akershus Royal ???

Forensicmom
08-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I keep reading that this is the best place to go to meet the Princesses but my question is about the food. Is the food worth it? We're looking to make the ADR's for our trip and are having trouble finding restaurants available. This one is, along with Biergarten, Coral Reef and Tutto Itlaia in Epcot. I'm not sure which one to go with.

The princesses would be nice for my youngest but the quality of food is more important.

2forMe
08-16-2011, 12:48 PM
We love the breakfast.. best place for meeting the princesses too! Worth it and better than others you have mentioned in Epcot,imo.

julie4423
08-16-2011, 12:55 PM
I keep reading that this is the best place to go to meet the Princesses but my question is about the food. Is the food worth it? We're looking to make the ADR's for our trip and are having trouble finding restaurants available. This one is, along with Biergarten, Coral Reef and Tutto Itlaia in Epcot. I'm not sure which one to go with.

The princesses would be nice for my youngest but the quality of food is more important.

So, the question is which one has the best food? That's a tough call. They are all very different, so it's hard to compare. The only one I've not been to is Coral Reef, but I would go to all of the others again. Based on food alone...maybe a tie between Tutto Italia and Akershus. We went to both for dinner, and I really enjoyed both. However, if I had to choose based on overall experience, I'd definitely choose Akershus. I loved meeting the princesses! Also, there are lots of food options because of the buffet before dinner, so you get to try many things.

333disneymom
08-16-2011, 01:07 PM
If you are looking for food only, my pick would be Tutto, but I love Italian. My husband liked it, but not his favorite. The whole family loved Coral Reef - food and experience, so it's a must for us every trip. If you would like to give your daughter a fairytale experience, then go for Princess Storybook. The inside is like a castle and the princesses interact wonderfully with little ones. The food, IMO, is good. But, my husband does not like the food here. I think, with the cold buffet and then the hot served meals, there is enough to choose from. I've also heard that the breakfast is good, although we have never been there at that meal. Honestly though, you will probably get tons of different answers, as dining is very subjective. What one person likes, another may not. I would suggest checking out the menus online to see what is actually offered, and compare that to what your family enjoys.

MickeyNicki
08-16-2011, 01:18 PM
We did the breakfast twice and the food was great but the characters were awesome...if we bring our nieces again we will def put this one on the list

Forensicmom
08-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Thanks so much for the tips. I wanted to make sure that the food was worth it too and not just the experience.