PDA

View Full Version : Sci Fi scary for little kids?

shinysparklybubbles
08-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Does anyone think Sci Fi would be scary to a almost 3 year old and a 4 1/2 year old? I've been there before but not when I was a parent so I don't know if it would be scary to them or not? Thanks!

Chelley00
08-16-2011, 08:17 AM
I think it depends on the personality of your kids. My DD can be a little iffy about scary stuff (and a little bit of a drama queen :lol: ) and she hated it. She pretty much kept her head down and just ate while coloring. DS didn't care at all and thought they were funny.

CajunMomof3
08-16-2011, 08:20 AM
My boys were a little older our first trip, but they were not scared at all. The giant spider creeped me out though- LOL!

Geomom
08-16-2011, 09:02 AM
We went when my daughters were 9 and (almost)5. The 5 year old was fine with it and had fun...the 9 year old was not. She didn't eat a thing and was terrified the whole time. She had nightmares for weeks after it.

With your kids being young, they might be fine, and more focused on the fact that they're eating in a car vs. watching the B-flick movie clips.

Kyle+Breanna'smom
08-16-2011, 09:21 AM
We took our kids last Nov when they were 6 and 3 and they both loved it! That is the only ADR my son has requested for our next trip. They just loved eating in the car and they thought the shows were funny. I can see how some kids might be scared though. I think it depends on their personalities. Have fun planning!:)

Oliquig
08-16-2011, 09:27 AM
We skipped it with my niece, at the time six since she wasn't a fan of restaurants of that kind (Rainforest freaked her out.) This time around she wil be 11, so we'll give it a shot.

TDC Nala
08-16-2011, 09:30 AM
The clips may be disturbing to very sensitive children who don't get the jokes and think they're literally looking at giant spiders, huge marauding grasshoppers and aliens with ray guns. But they are certainly not frightening in and of themselves.

Although the clips can't be recommended for anyone with a serious aversion to bad acting or really bad special effects.

Jungle Cruiser
08-16-2011, 10:24 AM
The clips may be disturbing to very sensitive children who don't get the jokes and think they're literally looking at giant spiders, huge marauding grasshoppers and aliens with ray guns. But they are certainly not frightening in and of themselves.

Although the clips can't be recommended for anyone with a serious aversion to bad acting or really bad special effects.

So true! I think that's the main thing, these clips are so over the top and unrealistic most kids don't seem bothered by them. Additionally, a lot of the clips are in black and white (except the cartoons) and there is no blood or gore. It all depends on what your child will react to. My youngest got scared easily when she was little, but never seemed bothered by Sci Fi.

shinysparklybubbles
08-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks everyone! I think we will try it and see how it goes!

crazyangel
08-16-2011, 12:39 PM
we have eaten there our pass 3 trips and our kids think its great. they think eating in the cars is awesome. they are 7 and 8 now. enjoy *__*