PDA

View Full Version : Ohana

sunshineNJ
08-15-2011, 08:25 PM
We will be in WDW from 8/35-8/30, leaving on the 8/31. I have been trying to get Ohana dinner and can't. If you were going to try a walk up when would you show up? Thanks

roxysmum123
08-15-2011, 08:58 PM
If you can't get an ADR for there, the chances of getting in as a walk up are pretty slim. I'd say go early and hope for the best.

Quin
08-15-2011, 09:30 PM
We will be in WDW from 8/35-8/30, leaving on the 8/31. I have been trying to get Ohana dinner and can't. If you were going to try a walk up when would you show up? Thanks

Today. Right now.

Honestly, they mean it when they say they are generally fully booked. You might wait all night and never get seated.

wdw lifer
08-15-2011, 09:39 PM
last fall we had to wait almost 45 minutes past our reservation time to be seated so I will say its almost impossible

coltsfanatic
08-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Lately, I have been hearing many reviews of empty restaurants, even places like Boma or Sci Fi-in the summer. I think that if you went right when they opened or an hour before they closed you may have a chance. If not, there's always Kona (never tried it-doesn't look to interesting but it is tropical themed and MUCH cheaper).

Quin
08-15-2011, 09:51 PM
If not, there's always Kona (never tried it-doesn't look to interesting but it is tropical themed and MUCH cheaper).

MUCH cheaper? Well, no. Both are 1 TS if you are on a dining plan. If you are paying OOP, AllEars gives the (non-summer) price for Ohana as $32.99. This includes salad plus appetizers plus entree plus dessert. At Kona, if you just ordered a salad OR an appetizer it would be around $8. Entrees range from $17-$29. Dessert will be at least $6. ETA: Oh, and another couple dollars for the (non-alcoholic) beverage. App + entree + drink + dessert will be close to $40, and it's still less food than Ohana.

And the food IS actually pretty good at Kona too, although I prefer Ohana.

Mom2Cody06
08-15-2011, 10:15 PM
The first time we went to Ohana we got lucky...we happened to go to Poly to resort hop while waiting to head to a different dinner ressie....I saw Ohana and went to the house phone, called reservations and were able to get in at 430 that afternoon (only and hour from when I called)....Check with the concierge desk in your hotels lobby....they can check if there is any availability...maybe some pixie dust will come your way!

Magic3forme
08-16-2011, 06:36 AM
we were there in July and I was in the wrong line. (this line was not moving at all.... it was the walk up line). I dont know how many actually got to eat that night. (when I got to the real line, it moved smoothly.)

keep checking online everyday, hopefully some pixie dust will come your way.

Hopefully
08-16-2011, 07:08 AM
If they have availablity they will allow you to book it. They don't hold tables for hotel guests or walkups. So if you tried to get in, you would be waiting and hoping for the last minute cancellation, or no show to happen.
People do report success, but your chances are very slim.
Good Luck

duketennisgal
08-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Keep trying to get a reservation. I've been checking online for the past two weeks and finally got one this morning for 8/27 at 9:15pm. We'll be there 8/27 - 9/3 and I've been checking for all dinner times for that entire week. Just be persistent and you might be able to find something.

TDC Nala
08-16-2011, 10:48 AM
4:30 (with restaurant opening at 5), to get in line. No later. And even then you might not get in...but at least they might let you know ahead of time you that you can get out of line if you don't have a reservation.

mom23kids
08-16-2011, 11:08 AM
I lucked out and got a reservation for our first night there! Keep trying:thumbsup2

MickeyNicki
08-16-2011, 11:13 AM
This past May we were chilling at the Tambu Lounge around 4pm and the line was forming at the check in desk. By 4:30 the line was down to Kona. At 4:45 the CM announced that they were not talking walk ins as they were booked up

ohanaMAMA
08-16-2011, 11:39 AM
at the risk of raining on your parade? I wouldnt count on getting in at all as a walk up.... Keep trying to get an ADR. Ohana has become a top contender , a destination if you will.. it IS good.. so its worth trying for.

TDC Nala
08-16-2011, 11:58 AM
This past May we were chilling at the Tambu Lounge around 4pm and the line was forming at the check in desk. By 4:30 the line was down to Kona. At 4:45 the CM announced that they were not talking walk ins as they were booked up

I discovered 'Ohana linewatching from Tambu as a spectator sport last year.