PDA

View Full Version : Meeting up w/ my best girlfriend that I haven't seen in ages!

IluvKingLouis
08-15-2011, 08:20 PM
My BFF, her partner and I (as well as DH and DD8) are all going to meet up at WDW. I haven't seen her in 20+ years but we've kept in touch. I'm so excited to see her.

We had hoped to have a nice dinner at Cali Grill, but I can't get a ressie. So I was thinking to pop up there at 5 for drinks and an appie, and enjoy the view. Hope for a table, but if not perhaps we can eat at The Wave.

How does this sound?

PoohsFan1
08-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Sounds great but they won't let you up until 5:30pm, that is when the first seating is. Just simply let the CM downstairs know you want to go up and have drinks at the bar. However, you should be able to get a walk up table if you are willing to show up at 5:15pm and wait for a table to open up. Have a great trip and how exciting to be able to meet up with an old friend like that. Enjoy the view :goodvibes

IluvKingLouis
08-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Sounds great but they won't let you up until 5:30pm, that is when the first seating is. Just simply let the CM downstairs know you want to go up and have drinks at the bar. However, you should be able to get a walk up table if you are willing to show up at 5:15pm and wait for a table to open up. Have a great trip and how exciting to be able to meet up with an old friend like that. Enjoy the view :goodvibes

Thank you! After I posted this, I called WDW dining to book the Wave, and told the ressie gal that I had hoped to eat at CG, and she suggested checking. I had tried about four days ago, but something must have opened up because I got a 5:30 for our party.

I told her that we were kind of celebrating something. My girlfriend and I meeting up close to 30 years. She said they would do something special. I wonder what that might be? :goodvibes

TDC Nala
08-16-2011, 10:53 AM
In my experience they will let you up to the lounge before 5:30 and will even serve you a drink. However, they will not serve any food until after 5:30.

And I wouldn't count on that special thing. Might happen, might not.