PDA

View Full Version : Older kids at Americana Niagara Falls?

alohamom
08-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Hi guys, I am thinking about booking the Americana Resort in Niagara Falls for one night in October just as a little getaway for my family. We have been to Great Wolf, the Fallsview waterpark but not the Americana. My kids are 14 and 11 and from what I can see, it looks like fun but maybe better for younger kids. What has been your experience here? I just want to try something different, any feedback is useful so tia...

dopeyluvsgrumpy
08-02-2011, 07:48 AM
If you've been to the other waterparks you will be disappointed. We went in May and were not overly impressed. Our oldest is seven and he was the perfect age but older kids would get bored quickly. Its a great area for toddlers and younger children. There were four slides and a wave pool but they were only open in shifts (15 mins wavepool, 15 mins 2 body slides, 15 min tube slide). Save your money and bypass this one.

Camilo
08-02-2011, 09:18 AM
For the age of your kids, I would not go.
See the big review I left on tripAdvisor, please: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g154998-d571707-r109679686-Americana_Resort-Niagara_Falls_Ontario.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

I still think it's great for small kids.

hope this helps.

Camilo

jasmom
08-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Hi I was there in the spring for a dance comp. My daughter 7 was fine but I did not bring my sons 11 and 9 and I am so glad I did not. They would have been so bored. There is nothing for older kids. Also the rooms are in rough shape. There were small holes in the walls and ripped and patched wall paper.
We have stayed a couple times at Great Wolf and I would go there. I have also heard great things of the fallsview water park. go to redflagdeals and check under travel in the hot deals section. I was looking there earlier today and there is some deals for the fallsview