PDA

View Full Version : GKTW Online Event: Tastefully Simple Fundraiser, EXTENDED to 9/10! New Products 9/1!!

amoggio816
08-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Hey everyone!
For those who has seen the other board, we're planning a couple fundraisers. The first one starts today with the Tastefully Simple one! :yay:

For those who would like to help GKTW while also ordering from a great company and enjoying family meals and snacks please go to the Tastefully Simple website and order under First Name: Give Last Name: Kids

All Tastefully simple foods can be made in 2 ingredients or less

Details:
www.tastefullysimple.com/web/amoggio
Shop around.
At Checkout look for "find hostess/event"
Type
FN: Give
LN: Kids
Check out

IF YOU SKIP THE FIND HOSTESS/EVENT LET ME KNOW ASAP!
Event HAS BEEN EXTENDED until September 10th so you can order from BOTH catalogs! (spring/summer and fall/winter) WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

Here's how it works:
0-999: 40% of my profits will be given to GKTW
Up to 6 people will receive a prize with a value up to 20.97!

1,000-1,999: 50% of my profits will be given to GKTW
Up to 15 people will receive a prize with a value up to 20.97

2,000 and up: 60% of my profits will be given to GKTW!
a minimum of 16 people will receive a prize with a value up to 20.97!

If we can hit $5000 in sales, 75% of my profits will be given to GKTW!

Additionally: For every party booked through me, whether catalog or taste-testing (It is possible to do taste-testing long distance, I can email the details) 30-40% of profits from those parties will also go towards GKTW (your hostess credits will not be given)

And Finally: We CAN ship internationally. :banana: It's just a little more expensive as the shipping cost is coming from me and MUST be done through me! So if you're international and would like to order, please let me know as I ship across country all the time. (Family in England)

I'm trying to see if this helps everyone see how much we've sold and how much is being donated:

As of 8/28:
We have sold in products just over $1000!
Once we hit $1100, 10 people will be getting PRIZES!
We've hit 50% of profits to be donated!! I'm so excited to write out the check!! :)

Parties Booked: 1
For Each party booked 30-40% of profits will be donated.
Please feel free to order under the following as well:
Stacie Baumgartner

Let's keep going!

All of our Seasonings are great. They add flavor to anything and if you dont add the mayo or sourcream to them are low-calorie. But any of our products can be low calorie and are GREAT on diets. Here are some tips:

Eat beans! Use them w/ Fiesta Party Dip Mix to make your own bean dip (canned black beans or non-fat refried beans). Serve w/baked chips.

Use Garlic Garlic to make your own hummus, serve with whole wheat pita bread. More cost effective too!

Corn Black Bean Salsa on a whole wheat tortilla and a little low fat cheese makes a great high fiber quesadilla.

For salt lovers, Seasoned Salt is the new secret weapon because you need a fraction of the normal salt and get twice the flavor -- not just saltiness.

Use Vidalia Onion Dressing or Honey Teriyaki Sauce on salmon (cardiologists LOVE when you eat salmon).

Put our marinades (Merlot Sauce is a favorite) or Dried Tomato Garlic Pesto on chicken in a ziptop bag for a few hours. Grill or bake.

Garlic Garlic soaked in a bit of olive oil (it's one of the "good" oils), sautéed w/shrimp and tossed with Barilla Plus* is a quick meal. *Barilla Plus pasta – (whole wheat, but looks like regular when cooked).

Use Fiesta Party Dip Mix with a can of crushed pineapple or other chopped fruit and serve over grilled fish.

Use low-fat mayo and reduced-fat sour cream w/ the dip mixes – Serve with veggies and whole wheat crackers or mini rice cakes.

Substitute applesauce for butter in Absolutely Almond Pound Cake.

The Savory WHEAT Beer Bread can be make with seltzer water or diet soda for even more nutrition (I prefer flavored seltzer water myself)

We also have WW points available and anything can be made low-fat. Our soups, like the perfectly potato chedder soup is only 190 calories for a cup. You can add some veggies, like broccoli for even more nutrition.

Our giddy up Guacamole mix is also pretty healthy.

ninecrayons
08-01-2011, 12:42 PM
What a cool idea!

Any suggestions for products? Especially any diet friendly ones.

Cherinva
08-01-2011, 01:22 PM
This sounds wonderful...I will check it out. What a great idea !!!

linnell
08-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Fantastic! Just placed an order!

amoggio816
08-01-2011, 02:39 PM
All of our Seasonings are great. They add flavor to anything and if you dont add the mayo or sourcream to them are low-calorie. But any of our products can be low calorie and are GREAT on diets. Here are some tips:

Eat beans! Use them w/ Fiesta Party Dip Mix to make your own bean dip (canned black beans or non-fat refried beans). Serve w/baked chips.

Use Garlic Garlic to make your own hummus, serve with whole wheat pita bread. More cost effective too!

Corn Black Bean Salsa on a whole wheat tortilla and a little low fat cheese makes a great high fiber quesadilla.

For salt lovers, Seasoned Salt is the new secret weapon because you need a fraction of the normal salt and get twice the flavor -- not just saltiness.

Use Vidalia Onion Dressing or Honey Teriyaki Sauce on salmon (cardiologists LOVE when you eat salmon).

Put our marinades (Merlot Sauce is a favorite) or Dried Tomato Garlic Pesto on chicken in a ziptop bag for a few hours. Grill or bake.

Garlic Garlic soaked in a bit of olive oil (it's one of the "good" oils), sautéed w/shrimp and tossed with Barilla Plus* is a quick meal. *Barilla Plus pasta – (whole wheat, but looks like regular when cooked).

Use Fiesta Party Dip Mix with a can of crushed pineapple or other chopped fruit and serve over grilled fish.

Use low-fat mayo and reduced-fat sour cream w/ the dip mixes – Serve with veggies and whole wheat crackers or mini rice cakes.

Substitute applesauce for butter in Absolutely Almond Pound Cake.

The Savory WHEAT Beer Bread can be make with seltzer water or diet soda for even more nutrition (I prefer flavored seltzer water myself)

We also have WW points available and anything can be made low-fat. Our soups, like the perfectly potato chedder soup is only 190 calories for a cup. You can add some veggies, like broccoli for even more nutrition.

Our giddy up Guacamole mix is also pretty healthy.

Halloweenqueen
08-01-2011, 02:40 PM
I've never heard of TS until Pete's shout out. I'm happy to see this and can't wait to try some goodies! Any recommendations?

amoggio816
08-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Fantastic! Just placed an order!

Awesome! Thank you :)

You're not too far from me. We're both in Mass.

amoggio816
08-01-2011, 02:48 PM
I've never heard of TS until Pete's shout out. I'm happy to see this and can't wait to try some goodies! Any recommendations?

I personally love the Key Lime Cheeseball, and the bread (try staying away from that...its murder!) The Chocolate Pound cake is VERY delicious and also donates $1 from every box to the No Kid Hungry foundation.
I love the bacon bacon, it's like bacon bits, but better!
We love all the soups (perfect to put on while watching phineus and ferb! lol)
The twisty grahams are to DIE for! Put them with Nutella and you have a fabulous treat!

I love a lot of the products :) But thsoe are my absolute favorite.

Phoenixblue
08-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey everyone!
For those who has seen the other board, we're planning a couple fundraisers. The first one starts today with the Tastefully Simple one! :yay: . . .

And Finally: We CAN ship internationally. :banana: It's just a little more expensive as the shipping cost is coming from me and MUST be done through me! So if you're international and would like to order, please let me know as I ship across country all the time. (Family in England)

What about shipping to Alaska and Hawaii?
can we just order via the website or do we need to contact you as well?
I know most places often add a charge for our states. :headache:

Still... great food and for GKTW :goodvibes :woohoo:

Thanks!

ninecrayons
08-01-2011, 03:36 PM
All of our Seasonings are great. They add flavor to anything and if you dont add the mayo or sourcream to them are low-calorie. But any of our products can be low calorie and are GREAT on diets. Here are some tips.

Thanks for the tips! I just ordered!

linnell
08-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Awesome! Thank you :)

You're not too far from me. We're both in Mass.

Yes, I noticed that! Actually, not to sound too stalkerish, but I recognized Pete so... we were behind you in line for the Cars2 movie. My little guy was flirting with your adorable daughter. :)

Looking forward to getting the yummy stuff.

HillPete
08-01-2011, 04:51 PM
My order is in! Maybe I shoulda bought more brownies...:confused3

--Hillary

amoggio816
08-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Yes, I noticed that! Actually, not to sound too stalkerish, but I recognized Pete so... we were behind you in line for the Cars2 movie. My little guy was flirting with your adorable daughter. :)

Looking forward to getting the yummy stuff.

My daughter is a huge flirt, I'm not sure who was flirting with who! :rotfl: What a small world!

disneycrazzy
08-01-2011, 08:17 PM
OK - I've ordered - listening to the group talk about the food made my mouth water....I'm ready for that soup!:)

Lynn

rchristiansen
08-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Awesome! Putting my order in now :)

lovethecastle
08-02-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm very excited about this. You said that you have weight watcher points for the foods. I really want to try the brownies & also the potato soup that they made for the podcast but I want to work it into my w/w plan. Could you direct me to the point list. Thank you very much, Sandy

amoggio816
08-02-2011, 09:02 AM
OK - I've ordered - listening to the group talk about the food made my mouth water....I'm ready for that soup!:)

Lynn

You will definitely love it! If you enjoy Broccoli, add some broccoli to it for some potato chedder and broccoli soup! (cheaper than getting the birds eye bags!)

amoggio816
08-02-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm very excited about this. You said that you have weight watcher points for the foods. I really want to try the brownies & also the potato soup that they made for the podcast but I want to work it into my w/w plan. Could you direct me to the point list. Thank you very much, Sandy

Hey send me a PM with your email and I'll forward it along :)

lovethecastle
08-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Hey send me a PM with your email and I'll forward it along :)
Ok, I think I sent one

lovethecastle
08-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Amy, I tried the pm again with my email address this time. Thanks for your patience.

amoggio816
08-02-2011, 10:42 AM
the email was sent :woohoo: If anyone else would like a copy of the WW points, just PM your email address and I'll send it along :goodvibes

figment3258
08-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Amy I will be ordering later great idea! I was wondering if you can give a running total maybe to see how much money is being raised or if you can't I understand. All the fundraiser ideas are great! :cool1:

TSWJan78
08-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Amy I will be ordering later great idea! I was wondering if you can give a running total maybe to see how much money is being raised or if you can't I understand. All the fundraiser ideas are great! :cool1:

I think we should get Amy to do a tasting party at Erika's house Tracy... We can car pool!!

figment3258
08-02-2011, 02:55 PM
I think we should get Amy to do a tasting party at Erika's house Tracy... We can car pool!!

Yum we so should!

amoggio816
08-02-2011, 03:31 PM
I agree with that idea ;)

It may be a little tricky to do updates because it's profit based, so it depends on how many prizes we're giving away :)

I CAN say, right now we have at least 2 people who will be winning prizes!

JenniBugInPink
08-02-2011, 05:47 PM
A FOOD FUNDRAISER!!! Now that has my name written all over it. Will be placing my order shortly! :cutie:

Halloweenqueen
08-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Placed my order! :thumbsup2

JenniBugInPink
08-03-2011, 11:52 AM
A FOOD FUNDRAISER!!! Now that has my name written all over it. Will be placing my order shortly! :cutie:

Order placed as promised. Sure wish that bread mix was here now, though I don't have the beer right this minute either. Sure would love some nice warm bread, though...Bug is hungry! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

amoggio816
08-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Order placed as promised. Sure wish that bread mix was here now, though I don't have the beer right this minute either. Sure would love some nice warm bread, though...Bug is hungry! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Keep in mind, you can use ANYTHING carbonated :) I honestly love sweet things so I use Cream soda :woohoo: its SOOOO good!

jennbunn
08-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Awsome can't wait to try the food and help GKTW : )

amoggio816
08-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Hey everyone! I just updated the First post! We've sold so far just UNDER $400 in products and have about 4 prize winners!! You guys are awesome! Please remember, 40% of product sold is NOT what's going to GKTW. It's 40% of profits. We're almost at 50%! Lets keep going guys!! :thumbsup2 We're doing a great job and donating to a great cause while eating DELICIOUS foods!

While I doubt we'll get $10,000 to donate, it is possible :dance3:

We also have ONE party booked! Which means MORE money will be Donated to GKTW!
Uncle Pete is going to hit 1 million in NO time! :cool1:

amoggio816
08-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Wow! Just wanted to thank everyone so far! :banana:
Remember our vendor event is in October, all of you will need to replenish by then :lmao:

HillPete
08-05-2011, 09:02 AM
My order shipped at 3:00 this morning! I can already smell the brownies baking!!:thumbsup2:cool1::cool1::banana::banana:

--Hillary

amoggio816
08-05-2011, 04:36 PM
All orders placed before yesterday have been shipped!!! All orders from 8/4 will probably be shipped out Monday or tuesday! :banana:

I can smell your ovens prepping!:laughing:

amoggio816
08-05-2011, 06:26 PM
just updated the post!

roomthreeseventeen
08-07-2011, 09:28 AM
I just spent wayyy too much money on some yummy treats!!!

Annabelle64
08-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Can't wait for my package to get here!:woohoo:

amoggio816
08-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Yummy treats are always good though roomthree! LOL

We've hit over $700 in orders!!!

HillPete
08-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Just got my order!!! Now I'm considering ordering more of the brownies, plus a few things I forgot on the last order... I may need a 12-step program. :thumbsup2

--H

TSWJan78
08-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Just got my order!!! Now I'm considering ordering more of the brownies, plus a few things I forgot on the last order... I may need a 12-step program. :thumbsup2

--H

Did you see they have an Auto stock program.. They will ship you things on a monthly basis.. may help your brownie fix!!

amoggio816
08-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Did you see they have an Auto stock program.. They will ship you things on a monthly basis.. may help your brownie fix!!

That is true, We do, but she can't benefit GKTW on that ;) lol

Hey everyone!

In a WEEK! Between all you wonderful disers and Stacies party we're $10 short of $800 in sales!!! :scared1: :banana:

Lets keep up the good work. As of right now, 6 people are getting prizes! Lets turn that into 8!

JenniBugInPink
08-09-2011, 11:04 AM

--H
I can't wait to taste that beer bread!!!! Please oh please let it come today!!!! :worship:

Tosie
08-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Just placed my order! I've been invited to these parties before but have never attended one - I'm looking forward to tasting the goodies!

amoggio816
08-09-2011, 12:33 PM
I can't wait to taste that beer bread!!!! Please oh please let it come today!!!! :worship:

Jenn I have your UPS confirmation showing up as "by the end of the day 8/10"
ALMOST THERE!!

amoggio816
08-10-2011, 09:28 PM
All orders have been shipped and most should have received them by now!! :banana:

We are SOOOO close to $1000 in sales!! Please lets keep up the good work! At $1000 I will be increasing the percentage up to 50%!!

amoggio816
08-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Just checking in on everyones thoughts about the food they ordered?! I hope everyone is enjoying the scrumptious goodness!

Also I just received the email for the upcoming products and I am SUPER excited!!! I can't wait for them!! MMMMMM

amoggio816
08-17-2011, 09:16 AM
I may keep the party open until Sept 19, so people can order from both season catalogs. Let me know what everyone thinks.

myweegirls
08-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Ordered! This month nearly got away from me, but I'm there. Can't wait to see what September has to offer - I might have to do another order... ;)

Amy, I'll PM you for the WW details. Thanks!

XO
Liz

JenniBugInPink
08-23-2011, 09:40 AM
I may keep the party open until Sept 19, so people can order from both season catalogs. Let me know what everyone thinks.
MUST. HAVE. CHEESE. SOUP. So, you've got to let us order after the Fall catalog is available. Pretty please?

And that beer bread? SOOOO GOOD!! And how easy could it be? Pour beer in bowl. Add mix. Stir (barely). Pour in loaf pan. Insert in oven. Eat and eat and eat while still warm, with and without butter (without if you're in such a hurry to get it in your mouth that you don't want to wait). :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Cherinva
08-23-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm a little late to the party, but I just ordered the Beer Bread and the Caribbean Beach Bread...they both sound yummy. Can anyone tell me how long they take to ship out? We're leaving on vacation in 11 days...would love to try one of these before we leave.

disneycr8zy
08-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Just checking in on everyones thoughts about the food they ordered?! I hope everyone is enjoying the scrumptious goodness!

Also I just received the email for the upcoming products and I am SUPER excited!!! I can't wait for them!! MMMMMM

What a great idea for a fundraiser and such a great way for me to participate as I love TS products! Ordered and got mine already!

amoggio816
08-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Ordered! This month nearly got away from me, but I'm there. Can't wait to see what September has to offer - I might have to do another order... ;)

Amy, I'll PM you for the WW details. Thanks!

XO
Liz

Just shoot me your email and I'll send them right out! :thumbsup2
I am SOOO excited for September!! Just because this is on the main tastefully simple page as a preview...THERES GOING TO BE BOUNTIFUL BEER CHEESE SOUP!!! :)

amoggio816
08-23-2011, 02:11 PM
MUST. HAVE. CHEESE. SOUP. So, you've got to let us order after the Fall catalog is available. Pretty please?

And that beer bread? SOOOO GOOD!! And how easy could it be? Pour beer in bowl. Add mix. Stir (barely). Pour in loaf pan. Insert in oven. Eat and eat and eat while still warm, with and without butter (without if you're in such a hurry to get it in your mouth that you don't want to wait). :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

HAHA, yes SOOO easy!!

And the catalog is open for everyone as of sept 1st! Like I said, I may keep the fundraiser open an extra week or so, but there's also the Vendor fair in October!

amoggio816
08-23-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm a little late to the party, but I just ordered the Beer Bread and the Caribbean Beach Bread...they both sound yummy. Can anyone tell me how long they take to ship out? We're leaving on vacation in 11 days...would love to try one of these before we leave.

The order being placed today, I'm pretty sure it'll be there by the 30th or so. Youll receive an email when it's been shipped. No more than 5 days after it's been shipped you usually receive it, unless theres a weekend of course.

Cherinva
08-23-2011, 02:58 PM
The order being placed today, I'm pretty sure it'll be there by the 30th or so. Youll receive an email when it's been shipped. No more than 5 days after it's been shipped you usually receive it, unless theres a weekend of course.

That sounds great, thanks so much.

chirurgeon
08-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Now that I'm back to work, I can place an order. I love this stuff.

Kim

MaryJ
08-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Just placed my order, but I'm a little worried that I might not be here when it arrives. We will be leaving Sept. 1 and return Sept. 7th. Is it possible to delay my shipment until then? I would have waited but I've been wanting to help GKTW for a long time, and I was afraid that I would forget to order when i got back. My confirmation number is: 16985459

Thanks so much for doing this!!

Annabelle64
08-25-2011, 08:51 PM
LOVED LOVED LOVED all my goodies! The Caribbean bread was gone I swear in a half an hour...and the Onion Onion, Bacon Bacon, Garlic Garlic dips were a HUGE hit! Can't wait to try the rest of my order!

Will absolutely be a return customer! Thanks for doing this for GKTW!

amoggio816
08-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Just placed my order, but I'm a little worried that I might not be here when it arrives. We will be leaving Sept. 1 and return Sept. 7th. Is it possible to delay my shipment until then? I would have waited but I've been wanting to help GKTW for a long time, and I was afraid that I would forget to order when i got back. My confirmation number is: 16985459

Thanks so much for doing this!!

I'm going to give them a call first thing in the morning, since the order was just placed today, it should be possible. The other thing they may do, is if they can get it out tomorrow, you should receive it before you leave.

amoggio816
08-26-2011, 01:09 AM
LOVED LOVED LOVED all my goodies! The Caribbean bread was gone I swear in a half an hour...and the Onion Onion, Bacon Bacon, Garlic Garlic dips were a HUGE hit! Can't wait to try the rest of my order!

Will absolutely be a return customer! Thanks for doing this for GKTW!

I'm so glad!! :) We're doing the vendor fair in October for GKTW :)

amoggio816
08-26-2011, 01:14 AM

Did you get your email!? Delivery looks like Tuesday! (....storm permitting that is...)

wdwscout
08-28-2011, 07:36 PM
We received our box of goodies a couple of weeks ago.
I had made the tuscan tomato foccacia bread a week or so ago- and it was delicious. :thumbsup2
Work has been busy since and I hadn't made of the other tiems .... until Hurricane Irene was on her way!

On Saturday I decided a loaf of beer bread and a box of lemon bars were in order for our potential no-power weekend due to the storm. So I quickly and "simply" baked both and they were WONDERFUL!!
We thankfully never lost power, but we enjoyed the yummy goodies just the same.

I will be ordering more... :cool1:

Thanks Amy for allowing us to order from you and for giving a portion of your proceeds to Give Kids the World. Everyone wins!

amoggio816
08-28-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm so glad to hear that!! (and not losing the power) I'm also glad to say WE'VE HIT OVER $1000!

We received our box of goodies a couple of weeks ago.
I had made the tuscan tomato foccacia bread a week or so ago- and it was delicious. :thumbsup2
Work has been busy since and I hadn't made of the other tiems .... until Hurricane Irene was on her way!

On Saturday I decided a loaf of beer bread and a box of lemon bars were in order for our potential no-power weekend due to the storm. So I quickly and "simply" baked both and they were WONDERFUL!!
We thankfully never lost power, but we enjoyed the yummy goodies just the same.

I will be ordering more... :cool1:

Thanks Amy for allowing us to order from you and for giving a portion of your proceeds to Give Kids the World. Everyone wins!

amoggio816
08-30-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm extending the party to Sept 10th to Make it worth while for some to order starting sept 1st to order from both catalogs! Keep in Mind: the spring summer is as supplies last!!

We're $31.23 short of $1100 in sales!:dance3: :dance3:

gretchenohar@hotmail
08-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Just placed an order - you're over the $1100 mark!
Thanks so much for doing this!!!!:thumbsup2

amoggio816
08-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Just placed an order - you're over the $1100 mark!
Thanks so much for doing this!!!!:thumbsup2

:banana::cool1::yay::woohoo:

Cant hold back my excitement!

amoggio816
09-01-2011, 08:10 AM
The fall products are up! The fall products are up!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

HillPete
09-02-2011, 04:53 PM
I twisted my own arm until I convinced myself to place another order. It didn't take much! I'm dying to try that beer cheese soup from the new fall line. Does it compare to Le Cellier???? We shall see.

--Hillary

amoggio816
09-08-2011, 07:08 AM
2 more days on this party!! The next one will open in October and ALL the spring products will be unavailable! IF you'd like to order from both catalogs, it closes at 1159pm est on the 10th

amoggio816
09-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey Everyone!!

The prizes and their winners will be up soon I promise!! Unfortunately James has some extreme medical issues that have again put us in the hospital, and out of work for a week. Today we finally have the clear that he can go back to work. :banana:... were still not in the clear medically wise though.

Cherinva
09-27-2011, 10:28 AM
I forgot to report, that I got my package. Haven't tried anything yet, but I will soon.