PDA

View Full Version : Moderate or Value?

momtoccc
07-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Hello

Thinking of doing mother-daughter trip for Spring Break next year. I've always stayed at Moderate or above but wondering since it is just the 2 of us if I should just try one of the Value resorts.

What would be the biggest difference between staying at POFQ vs Pop Century? (besides the cost)

Disneyhenry
07-31-2011, 12:12 PM
A frdige is come with the rom at POFQ and not at POP
The rooms are larger at POFQ then at POP
Hot tub at POFQ, none at POP
Pool has a slide at POFQ
Water craft, bike rental and carriage rides at POFQ not available at POP
I think POFQ is beautiful looking, POP is fun looking
What it somes down to is how much time will you spend at the resort? If it is just a place to sleep, I say go with POP. If you want to relax and enjoy the resort a bit then POFQ

Good luck with your choice, both are great! And have fun

1971DBday
07-31-2011, 01:25 PM
We have been staying at the Poly for the past cople of years and if we had to modify I would go to a Moderate (never a Value). The water slide is a necessity for us right now and a hot tub is a bonus (Dear WDW please put one in at the Poly!).

I prefer the atmosphere of the CSR compared to POFQ (just not interested) and we did not care for the CBR at all!

Sappermont
07-31-2011, 01:26 PM
I'd go for the moderate. If you stay at POFQ or POR you could take the Sassagoula down to DTD!

Baltazar
07-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Well, since it is just the 2 of you, why not just try Pop Century for a change.

KatMark
07-31-2011, 01:36 PM
You will also have queen beds, a coffee maker in teh room, and the option to share pools with POR-Riverside since they are sister pools and the boat to Downtown Disney.

I would pick a moderate every time.