PDA

View Full Version : can guests at DL use pool at GC?

kazzie
05-06-2001, 11:35 AM
Can guests at DL use the pool at GC?

Thanks Karen :p

Michelle
05-06-2001, 12:27 PM
Karen, do you mean guests at the Disneyland Hotel? No, guests at each hotel may only use their own pool, and anyone NOT registered at a Disney hotel cannot use the Disney hotel pools. Hope that answers what you're asking! :D

kazzie
05-06-2001, 01:24 PM
Thanks Michelle.I did mean if you were staying at disneyland hotel could you use poll at GC.I understand now you can't.
I'm wondering now about staying at the GC,I don't have enough information to make uo my mind!
Are the pools at GC nice?I've only seen photos of the pool at DL Hotel.

Karen:confused:

Tink33
05-06-2001, 02:07 PM
Here is a picture of the Fountain Pool.
http://psc.disney.go.com/dlr/Images/ResortHotels/GrandCalifornian/drhdgchrec_fountainpoolfeat.jpg

I will post pictures of the Redwood Slide.

teri
05-06-2001, 09:34 PM
Hmmm.... it used to be that guests at Paradise Pier could pool hop to the Disneyland Hotel pool... is this no longer the case as well?

And quite frankly, I would not bother to hop from Disneyland Hotel to the pool at GC - the pool at DLH is very, very, very nice, much nicer IMO than the one at GC. Now, the snack bar is another story....

Michelle
05-06-2001, 09:39 PM
Teri, that was the case when the Paradise Pier pool was closed for rehab; once it opened I believe they got strict about the pools again. :)

The DL Hotel pool IS the nicest of the three, I agree. Actually we like the "quiet pool" at the DL hotel as there are two pools there and it is not so crowded.

teri
05-06-2001, 10:10 PM
Then they have definitely changed the policy.... last year we were allowed to hop, and the PP pool was open. I am not surprised, though. Good to know!

stlrod
05-12-2001, 07:47 AM
Per the official Disneyland site, pool-hopping is allowed. If you go to the FAQ page of the General Resort Information section of www.disneyland.com, it states that guests at any Disneyland Resort hotel can use the services of the other hotels. In fact, the specific example given is that Disneyland Hotel guests can use the pools at both of the other hotels. I've printed a copy of it to take with me in June just in case anyone gives me trouble when I hop over to the other poolks from the Paradise Pier hotel.

Tink33
05-12-2001, 08:47 AM
From the Disney Official Website:

Q: Can I use the services of the other Disneyland Resort Hotels although I am not staying at that specific Disneyland Resort Hotel?
A: Yes. As long as you are a Disneyland Resort Hotels Guest, you may use any of the services at the other Disneyland Resort Hotels. For example, if you are a Guest of the Disneyland Hotel you may use the pool at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and/or Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel.

Here is the link - Look Under Disney Resort Hotels
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/Qa/index

Thank you for the information stlrod.

Michelle
05-12-2001, 02:55 PM
Cool, thanks for the updated information! :D