PDA

View Full Version : Southwest charges for changing flights?

bande
07-29-2011, 07:28 PM
We are booking our trip for next Feb.2012 but we don't have my son's exam schedule yet and won't have it until January sometime. We are looking at a Thursday flight at 4:10pm but if he doesn't have exam that day we could take the early morning flight instead (assuming it was even still available). Does anyone know what the fee is for changing flights? Thanks.

roxysmum123
07-30-2011, 01:16 AM
I can't remember what the fee was, but if the flight is any more than what you already paid you have to pay the difference. It was going to cost over 200 for my boyfriend and I to switch to an earlier flight when we wanted to change at the last minute this past May with Southwest.

MedicGoofy
07-30-2011, 05:07 AM
Southwests slogan.....they dont charge you to change your flight. BUT, the catch in that....if you paid $100 for your original flight at 4:10 and you want to change it to the earlier flight and that flight is $150, you pay the difference. However, if it's cheaper, you get the difference. I believe, in a voucher.

So you dont get the customary change fee. You just worry about what the difference might be:)

Hope this helps!!