PDA

View Full Version : JetBlue vs Southwest

Samantha_Mommy
07-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Is their pricing the same, who has more of the deals?

Tower
07-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Is their pricing the same, who has more of the deals?Best bet is to compare for yourself. Sometimes SW is better, sometimes it's not.

JMJ3553
07-26-2011, 10:19 PM
I found Jetblue to have better pricing, but like the OP said... it could go either way. There are a lot of variables to take into consideration when comparing the two...

I am leaving from Ct in November and I found Southwest to not even be comparable to either JetBlue or Delta, but I have flown with Southwest before and had them be the best deal... you never know :confused3

roxysmum123
07-26-2011, 10:22 PM
You gotta price shop. Pricing is in a similar range but rarely the same and it depends on when you look.

disneyfan2
07-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Jetblue allows you to pick your seats, and they have tv's in each head rest!!:lovestruc

lizzyb
07-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Jetblue allows you to pick your seats, and they have tv's in each head rest!!:lovestruc

This!

Even if Jetblue is a couple bucks more I book with them because of the above but by chance this time they were the cheapest.

3pletprincesses
07-27-2011, 09:16 AM
We always had better prices with Jetblue except for this year as I was getting anxious seeing the prices raise and book when Us airways had a sale... now I regret it. jetblue seats went down and I'm stuck with Us airways where you have to pay $ 25 each way per baggage and there's no tv on the plane and not a direct flight. Oh well live and learn. I'm always a last minute perso nand have always doen well but this year as I planned a trip for 8 people, I got anxious looking at the prices raise and raise and didn't want to go back to people and say well our airfare are over $400 each.

mommylo
07-27-2011, 03:15 PM
I guess the only advantage of SW is if the prices go down, you can re-book without a "penalty". I booked my December trip way back when and the prices have come down twice, so I now have a nice $200 credit for the next trip:banana:

dsneygirl
07-27-2011, 05:46 PM
I guess the only advantage of SW is if the prices go down, you can re-book without a "penalty". I booked my December trip way back when and the prices have come down twice, so I now have a nice $200 credit for the next trip:banana:

This is why we prefer SW. You can rebook, move, change flights etc without fees as much as you want. Also no charge for checked bags. (not sure about Jetblue)