PDA

View Full Version : GKTW Meet: Tennessee, February 18, 2012

Minnie_Mom
07-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in having a meet in Tennessee to benefit GKTW. I noticed that Disney on Ice is coming to Memphis in September... that might be a nice time to get something together. I might be able to get a box at the Forum donated for us to use.

Anyone interested?

*NikkiBell*
07-24-2011, 08:00 PM
Let me know what you guys decide so I can add you to our event list and map on the top of the forum. :)

Minnie_Mom
07-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks, Nikki. I will let you know if anything develops.

Minnie_Mom
07-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Ok, Tennessee, let's get going! We live in a state that is full of entertainment opportunities... from the Blues melodies in Memphis to Country music in Nashville to the beautiful Mountains of East Tennessee... Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

JenniBugInPink
07-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Memphis is on the wrong end of the state for me. ;) The Virginia meet is too far away as well. I'd be up for a SW VA/Upper East TN meet! :thumbsup2

Minnie_Mom
07-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Memphis is on the wrong end of the state for me. ;) The Virginia meet is too far away as well. I'd be up for a SW VA/Upper East TN meet! :thumbsup2

Yes, Bristol is a long way from Memphis. Hopefully, we can get something worked out... either a central location for everyone or a couple of different meets based on location...

maroo
07-25-2011, 07:33 PM
I am interested in this!! :)

I am from central MS - so this would not be too far at all! :)

djblu883
07-26-2011, 08:03 AM
If you do it on a weekend other than labor day I could do it!!! And I have things I could donate for auction!! Let me know if this gets going! I work in central Ms. but usually go home on weekends but would gladly do this! I would like to do Alabama but my being away from home prevents me from getting this done.:surfweb:

Minnie_Mom
07-27-2011, 04:06 PM
I am interested in this!! :)

I am from central MS - so this would not be too far at all! :)

If you do it on a weekend other than labor day I could do it!!! And I have things I could donate for auction!! Let me know if this gets going! I work in central Ms. but usually go home on weekends but would gladly do this! I would like to do Alabama but my being away from home prevents me from getting this done.:surfweb:

Great! Glad to have more people interested! :cool1:

Any thoughts of the when/where? I had thought about Disney on Ice (Sept 23-25?). I am fairly certain that I could get a box donated for us to use, but we might be limited on the number of people because the boxes at the Forum are on the smaller side.

Also, any ideas on how we can spread the word?

maroo
07-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Great! Glad to have more people interested! :cool1:

Any thoughts of the when/where? I had thought about Disney on Ice (Sept 23-25?). I am fairly certain that I could get a box donated for us to use, but we might be limited on the number of people because the boxes at the Forum are on the smaller side.

Also, any ideas on how we can spread the word?

This sounds like a lot of fun!!! :)

I think the 24th would be best...so that we can travel on Friday and Sunday, if we need to. :) I am so excited about this! I don't know if it is possible to get a handicapped accessible box? Lauren might be interested in coming...but she would have NO idea until that week before because she is starting college and probably has no idea of her schedule yet... And Rachel may be interested in coming, too. But both of those ladies would need a place that will hold a wheelchair. I can only "handle" one of them at a time...so we would only need one wheelchair spot...and if you can't get it, then that is totally fine...I just think they might be interested in coming. :)

This sounds fun!! :)

Yeti77
07-28-2011, 11:11 AM
My wife and I would be interested, as we're in Memphis, too.

poohj80
07-28-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm in N. AL and would be interested in attending if we could come up with a meet more around the Nashville area.

heatherwillmom
07-28-2011, 10:36 PM

Me too! I used to live in Memphis. It's about a 8 hr drive for us. Tennessee is a loooong state.

lttlmc3
07-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Am I the only one in Nashville? We could car pool!

katcarter
07-30-2011, 02:27 PM
I am in Southeast Mo ---so either Nashville or Memphis works for me. I am excited for a event close to home!!

poohj80
07-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Am I the only one in Nashville? We could car pool!

I'm just a bit south of you, but in Nashville quite a bit especially during hockey season!

Pooh's Hunny
07-31-2011, 10:51 AM
I might be able to meet up as I live in Nashville. It would depend on when since I work Titans games on Sundays and I know there is a game on Sept 25.

lodgelady
07-31-2011, 10:17 PM
I would be very excited for a TN Dismeet! :goodvibes I live in the center of TN, so let me know what I can do to help make this happen.

lttlmc3
08-01-2011, 08:19 AM
I might be able to meet up as I live in Nashville. It would depend on when since I work Titans games on Sundays and I know there is a game on Sept 25.

just curious, how do you get to work the Titans games? Maybe we should have a Nashville Mini meet!

Yeti77
08-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm just a bit south of you, but in Nashville quite a bit especially during hockey season!

We are too! We're Preds partial season ticket holders and we drive into Nashville from Memphis a couple of dozen times throughout the season. So a Nashville meetup wouldn't be a stretch for us.

poohj80
08-01-2011, 04:56 PM
We are too! We're Preds partial season ticket holders and we drive into Nashville from Memphis a couple of dozen times throughout the season. So a Nashville meetup wouldn't be a stretch for us.

We gave up our mini season tix when DD turned 3, but we still try to get to as many games as possible.

Pooh's Hunny
08-02-2011, 12:58 PM
just curious, how do you get to work the Titans games? Maybe we should have a Nashville Mini meet!

I work as a fundraiser for my daughter's marching band.

Minnie_Mom
08-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Glad to see there is some interest in a meet. I think at this point we probably need to decide on a location. I am happy to help coordinate any event held in Memphis, but will not be able to really help coordinate with an event in Nashville.

Ok, Tennessee folks (and AL/MS)... let's decide.... Where are we going to have our meet?

jcb
08-03-2011, 04:55 PM
I would be very interested in attending a meet in Nashville. Memphis is a bit far for me (I'm in Knoxville).

Late September works ok for me but I suggest we find a date that will permit Pete and Walter to attend.

Minnie_Mom
08-03-2011, 05:03 PM
If we are leaning towards a Nashville meet, does anyone in the Nashville area have any ideas for a location/activity? I don't know the Nashville area very well...

jcb- I completely agree with checking Pete, Walter, and the entire podcast crew's schedule before setting a firm date. From the sounds of the podcast, they seem pretty booked during the Fall months. What do you guys think about early 2012 (Jan, Feb, or March)?

Minnie_Mom
08-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Sorry... duplicate post... oops!

poohj80
08-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Disney on Ice is coming...maybe something in conjunction with that?

Pooh's Hunny
08-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I had thought Disney on Ice too as was suggested for Memphis. Minnie, did you have a back up idea for something in Memphis? Anyone know if any Disney movies are due out in the next few months?

jcb
08-04-2011, 09:09 AM
If we are leaning towards a Nashville meet, does anyone in the Nashville area have any ideas for a location/activity? I don't know the Nashville area very well...

jcb- I completely agree with checking Pete, Walter, and the entire podcast crew's schedule before setting a firm date. From the sounds of the podcast, they seem pretty booked during the Fall months. What do you guys think about early 2012 (Jan, Feb, or March)?

I had an idea for a Nashville location that I hope pans out. When I hear, I'll let you know. I think early 2012 would be a good time to plan for the meet. I've planned fundraising events and they take some work. Late September would be really pushing it.

k5jmh
08-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Depending on when the event happens, I might be in Owensboro, KY. I am kinda flexible with my schedule so I will be waiting for a date/location!

:surfweb:

jcb
08-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Depending on when the event happens, I might be in Owensboro, KY. I am kinda flexible with my schedule so I will be waiting for a date/location!

:surfweb:

In that case, I suggest it be September 10. ;)

Seriously, it would be nice to have a citizen of the state that a great son of Tennessee, Davy Crockett, rescued.

k5jmh
08-04-2011, 10:14 AM
In that case, I suggest it be September 10. ;)

Seriously, it would be nice to have a citizen of the state that a great son of Tennessee, Davy Crockett, rescued.

???

http://eater.com/uploads/pee-wee-herman-top-chef-texas-the-alamo-2.jpg

Ok, Ok, I know, I know. PeeWee did not "rassle a bahr when he was only 3."

jcb
08-04-2011, 10:31 AM
???

http://eater.com/uploads/pee-wee-herman-top-chef-texas-the-alamo-2.jpg

Ok, Ok, I know, I know. PeeWee did not "rassle a bahr when he was only 3."

PeeWee didn't "kilt" a bear when he was only three either. I think you might have just insulted all of Crockett's descendants. :rolleyes1

Interesting enough (to me at least), next weekend I have a retreat at the bed and breakfast where Walt stayed a few nights during the filming of the movie.

Minnie_Mom
08-04-2011, 12:45 PM
I had an idea for a Nashville location that I hope pans out. When I hear, I'll let you know. I think early 2012 would be a good time to plan for the meet. I've planned fundraising events and they take some work. Late September would be really pushing it.

Fantastic!

I agree that it does take some time to organize any event, especially fundraisers. For Disney on Ice (in Memphis), I had access to a few boxes at Fed Ex Forum so that was a pre-secured time/location/activity, but if we are wanting to start from scratch, which I think is a fantastic idea given the amount of interest in the Nashville area, it will definitely take some time.

Let me know what you find out! I have some event planning experience, but it is great to know that you have experience with fundraiser planning.

Minnie_Mom
08-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Everyone please check your calendars and maps...

Does a Tennessee Meet in the Nashville in early 2012 work?

Thanks!

luluxiu
08-04-2011, 09:01 PM
I have something I can donate the auction! Let me know if it is nothing! I work in the central women, but usually go home on weekends, but happy to do so! I would like to do in Alabama, but I ran away from home I can not complete this operation.

Pooh's Hunny
08-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Early 2012 works for me. I am happy to help in any way I can, although I don't have much special event planning experience either.

TSWJan78
08-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Can I make a suggestion... Do both!! The Disney on Ice box in Memphis in late September and then a big bash in January in Nashville .., they are far enough apart that if you can make it to both great and if only 1 works that is fine too... We have alot of work to get to 1 Million dollars! Just an idea

Disneygrl36
08-05-2011, 09:07 AM
I am in Jefferson City & would be interested in a meet in Nashville. :teeth:

k5jmh
08-05-2011, 09:44 AM
PeeWee didn't "kilt" a bear when he was only three either. I think you might have just insulted all of Crockett's descendants. :rolleyes1

Interesting enough (to me at least), next weekend I have a retreat at the bed and breakfast where Walt stayed a few nights during the filming of the movie.

I thought "Rassle" would be more humane. There are Bahr Rescue folk on here, you know! :rolleyes1

njbmickeyfan
08-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Can I make a suggestion... Do both!! The Disney on Ice box in Memphis in late September and then a big bash in January in Nashville .., they are far enough apart that if you can make it to both great and if only 1 works that is fine too... We have alot of work to get to 1 Million dollars! Just an idea

Doing both is a great idea. I live in the Nashville area but go to Memphis often. As far as Nashville we have a group of about 15-20 Disney fans who get together about once a month. I'll pass this along to them and most likely several will want to participate if its here in Nashville.

poohj80
08-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Doing both is a great idea. I live in the Nashville area but go to Memphis often. As far as Nashville we have a group of about 15-20 Disney fans who get together about once a month. I'll pass this along to them and most likely several will want to participate if its here in Nashville.

That would be great and would love to know when you get together. I couldn't make it every time but might like to make it once in awhile.

katcarter
08-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Nashville in Jan sound great! Just keep the page updated and I will make plans to attend!

Live in Southeast Mo

So glad you are taking the time to plan the event!!!

Kathy

aw24
08-20-2011, 08:25 PM
We live in Western Kentucky, so a Nashville meet would be good for us. We would make plans to attend.

Thanks for planning the event.

Ann

luckybrew
08-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Nashville sounds good! Please keep us posted. We are in Hendersonville so just a few minutes from Nashville. Let me know any ways that we can help! Items for auction, donations, etc... I have a few connections in the country music world.

luckybrew
08-21-2011, 04:09 PM

I would love to get in on these get togethers... please find me on FB at facebook(dot)com/lucky.brewer

lttlmc3
08-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Nashville sounds good! Please keep us posted. We are in Hendersonville so just a few minutes from Nashville. Let me know any ways that we can help! Items for auction, donations, etc... I have a few connections in the country music world.

Oh wow! I LIVE IN HENDERSONVILLE! We are pretty much across from the hospital. How crazy that we are from the same city. I had no idea there was another Hendersonville Diser!

luckybrew
08-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Oh wow! I LIVE IN HENDERSONVILLE! We are pretty much across from the hospital. How crazy that we are from the same city. I had no idea there was another Hendersonville Diser!

AWESOME! we are off of long hollow pke.
I have the little truck that has fantasia mickey airbrushed on the hood. Maybe you've seen it.
We also run Team Lilie (a heart defect foundation).

Look me up on facebook www.Facebook(dot)com/lucky.brewer
Sorry about the "(dot)" in the link, it wont let me post a link yet...

Let's get something planned......

AWHOFAN
09-06-2011, 10:27 AM
We live outside of Nashville TN in Smyrna which is south of :music: Music City. :rockband: We are planing on going to Disney on Ice in Sept 2011 also the Jan meet sounds like a good idea.

How many in your party?
Two adults, one kid (4 years old) :thumbsup2

Mississippianna
09-15-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm in North Mississippi! I'd love to go to a meet or fundraiser in Memphis! I have family in Nashville we could stay with if something comes together there but Memphis is easier. So glad to see at least some chatter from folks in the MidSouth. I almost didn't check here because there doesn't ever seem to be a whole lot of people from this area organizing anything. I'm not much of a planner, but if you plan it I will come!

I don't have Disney on Ice tickets yet, but would be more interested in going if some DISers would be there.

*NikkiBell*
09-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Hi All,

Just popping in to see how things are going here. Anyone need help? Please feel free to PM me if you have questions. Once something is finalized, I'll make this a sticky thread. :)

leamom2princesses
09-20-2011, 04:30 PM
We would be interested in a January meet in Nashville. We live just north of Nashville. :goodvibes

mdvlprof
09-21-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm casting a vote for Knoxville. Live a little over 2 hrs north. Don't think I could convince DH to drive all the way to Nashville.

luckybrew
10-05-2011, 08:27 PM
My uncle owns a restaurant in Hendersonville. He has agreed to let us have the entire place for a day to raise money for GKTW. It is a great location that will seat about 100 folks and has a huge kitchen.

We also have a cruise / ride set up for my daughters foundation Team Lilie (https://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamLilie) on Oct 29. We will meet at Silverados in Rivergate and ride to Joelton. The ride can be found at Ride 4 Life (https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=203829423014252) This isnt a specific GKTW event but we are donating a portion of these proceeds to GKTW.

Please private message me so we can get this ball rolling! This is the VOLUNTEER state folks... LETS DO THIS!

jcb
10-05-2011, 10:34 PM
My uncle owns a restaurant in Hendersonville. He has agreed to let us have the entire place for a day to raise money for GKTW. It is a great location that will seat about 100 folks and has a huge kitchen.

We also have a cruise / ride set up for my daughters foundation Team Lilie (https://www.facebook.com/#!/TeamLilie) on Oct 29. We will meet at Silverados in Rivergate and ride to Joelton. The ride can be found at Ride 4 Life (https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=203829423014252) This isnt a specific GKTW event but we are donating a portion of these proceeds to GKTW.

Please private message me so we can get this ball rolling! This is the VOLUNTEER state folks... LETS DO THIS!

:thumbsup2

AWHOFAN
10-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Hendersonville would be fine. (It's north of Nashville about ten miles) We live in Smyrna TN. What day are you thinking?

luckybrew
10-08-2011, 09:38 AM
I guess a better question would be, what month? My family will be in WDW the first 2 weeks of Nov. Then we have Turkey day and on to Christmas. Should we plan it during the holidays or wait til Jan / Feb? I am up to any input as I don't want it to be my sole decision. LOL. ... btw: I'm shocked there aren't more posts here.

poohj80
10-08-2011, 10:03 AM
We could do Hendersonville too. A weekend would be best for us as it's about a 2 hour drive.

AWHOFAN
10-08-2011, 10:06 AM
I guess a better question would be, what month? My family will be in WDW the first 2 weeks of Nov. Then we have Turkey day and on to Christmas. Should we plan it during the holidays or wait til Jan / Feb? I am up to any input as I don't want it to be my sole decision. LOL. ... btw: I'm shocked there aren't more posts here.

I think Jan would be good. Feb 5th 2012 is the Super Bowl so that will be a bad sunday, not matter what teams are playing. Saturday's might be better if people want to drive in and stay overnight. Dec 11-16th we will be at the World to see MVMCP and Osborne Lights.

luckybrew
10-08-2011, 10:35 AM
valentines wouldnt be good either. not sure what day it is on this year but im sure people plan things on the weekend closest to this holiday. i guess i need to get out a calendar and start X'ing out dates that wont work... I am currently messaging a ton of my artist and fabrication friends to donate hand made disney related artwork for a silent auction. i am deep into the custom car world so i have many creative friends surrounding me. i also go 20 years back with a good friend that is a guitarist for a very big female country artist. im sure he can help us get some country music related items! please start suggesting ideas, foods, auction items, etc... lets get this ball rolling!!! im tired of seeing this thread lie dormant. LOL. we are sooo looking forward to this!

poohj80
10-08-2011, 12:04 PM
What about President's Day weekend? Being a long weekend it might be easier for folks to make it an overnight getaway.

luckybrew
10-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Presidents Day weekend sounds like a great idea. Presidents Day is Monday, February 20th, 2012. I think the Saturday prior which is February 18th would be better than that Sunday. What do you guys/gals think?

I contacted a few of my friends today and so far we have 3 handmade art pieces that will be Disney related to auction off. Not a bad start...

We need help from anyone wanting to donate or gather items for the silent auction. Anything of value will be great.

I'm thinking of contacting Purity for ice cream and maybe Robert Orr Sysco for food items. I dont know anyone at either place so anyone that has a connection feel free to take this ball and run!

Any ideas or items that you folks can come up with would be great! This thread needs to be alive with discussion over the next couple of months.
Im excited to see this happen and i hope for a great outcome and lots of money for GKTW!

mdvlprof
10-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Not on a Sunday.

Presidents Day weekend might work. If roads are not bad, might be able to talk DH into driving down. Mapquest says it's 4 hours - doable.

DisneyKevin
10-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Just stopping by to say hello!

Hope y'all have a successful meet.

Kevin

safetymom
10-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Presidents Day weekend sounds like a great idea. Presidents Day is Monday, February 20th, 2012. I think the Saturday prior which is February 18th would be better than that Sunday. What do you guys/gals think?

I contacted a few of my friends today and so far we have 3 handmade art pieces that will be Disney related to auction off. Not a bad start...

We need help from anyone wanting to donate or gather items for the silent auction. Anything of value will be great.

I'm thinking of contacting Purity for ice cream and maybe Robert Orr Sysco for food items. I dont know anyone at either place so anyone that has a connection feel free to take this ball and run!

Any ideas or items that you folks can come up with would be great! This thread needs to be alive with discussion over the next couple of months.
Im excited to see this happen and i hope for a great outcome and lots of money for GKTW!

I would be happy to donate a print of one of my photos to the silent auction.

luckybrew
10-10-2011, 04:57 PM

Kevin

Thanks a million Kevin! So far... So good! :thumbsup2
I would be happy to donate a print of one of my photos to the silent auction.

Thank you so much! We will be in WDW Nov 1-9, We can meet up one day if that would be easier than shipping. (Plus we would love to say hello! :wave2: )

luckybrew
10-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Not on a Sunday.

Presidents Day weekend might work. If roads are not bad, might be able to talk DH into driving down. Mapquest says it's 4 hours - doable.

We have decided on Saturday, February 18th, 2012. More details will come asap! Please contact me if you are willing to help organize, gather donations, etc.

So far I have a few items being donated for the silent auction including:
* "MouseJunkies" books donated by author, Bill Burke.
* Several handmade Disney inspired art pieces by some amazing artists I have the pleasure of knowing.
* Print by Kathy Werling.

Thanks to everyone who has stepped up to the plate so far including Kathy from the DisUnplugged for donating a print today!

Pete, Got anything lying around on the pool table? LOL

poohj80
10-11-2011, 11:00 AM
I have several songwriter friends in Nashville. Don't know if we could get folks to come and donate to hear them perform a bit. Please let me know if this might be something you are interested in and I can start pursuing.

luckybrew
10-11-2011, 11:27 AM
I have several songwriter friends in Nashville. Don't know if we could get folks to come and donate to hear them perform a bit. Please let me know if this might be something you are interested in and I can start pursuing.

Yes please! Aything you can come up with! I cant do any of this without you guys... I am grateful for any help or ideas. feel free to contact me via phone or private message.

Skip2MyLou
10-13-2011, 11:22 AM
We are in Smyrna.

Not sure what I can do to help out but would love to participate!

luckybrew
10-13-2011, 11:39 AM
We are in Smyrna.

Not sure what I can do to help out but would love to participate!

Sounds awesome! Any help is greatly appreciated! I am putting together a list in the next day or two. Please private message so that we can work on some details. Thanks, Chris

luckybrew
10-13-2011, 12:13 PM

Kevin

Kevin, Thanks for the plug on this weeks show!
Let Pete know there will be NO gay lynching! I laughed so darn hard I had to listen to that segment twice! :rotfl: HAHA! I don't own boots nor lynching ropes! :rotfl2: We actually have large gay communities here.

poohj80
10-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Guess I need to catch up on the podcasts. :)

luckybrew
10-13-2011, 01:39 PM
yeah, leave it to pete! lol. it was hilarious! :lmao:

Disneygrl36
10-13-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm in Jefferson City about 45 min north of Knoxville. I would love to come if I can work it out. Maybe I am missing something but where is it going to be? I saw the date, but not where.:confused3

luckybrew
10-13-2011, 01:51 PM
I'm in Jefferson City about 45 min north of Knoxville. I would love to come if I can work it out. Maybe I am missing something but where is it going to be? I saw the date, but not where.:confused3

We have a location in Hendersonville TN but we are working on one of two AMAZING spaces in Nashville TN. Either way, Nashville and Hendersonville are only about 15 minutes apart from one another. That being said, just plan on the Nashville TN area.

Disneygrl36
10-13-2011, 01:56 PM
We have a location in Hendersonville TN but we are working on one of two AMAZING spaces in Nashville TN. Either way, Nashville and Hendersonville are only about 15 minutes apart from one another. That being said, just plan on the Nashville TN area.

Ok, Nashville area is great for us.
I am leaving on a Disney Dream cruise next weekend. I might try to pick up something ship exclusive that could be used in a silent auction if I see something that strikes my fancy. Do you think that would be a good item? I'll also try to think of some other ideas. :idea:

luckybrew
10-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Ok, Nashville area is great for us.
I am leaving on a Disney Dream cruise next weekend. I might try to pick up something ship exclusive that could be used in a silent auction if I see something that strikes my fancy. Do you think that would be a good item? I'll also try to think of some other ideas. :idea:

This sounds like a GREAT idea! I have never been on a cruise so i may have to bid on something too! ;0)

luckybrew
10-13-2011, 09:56 PM
I just received a message from Kevin.
He and John would like to donate:

A Dining Review with John and Kevin

There are a few restrictions that go along with this donation.

*It is for two people plus Kevin and John (total 4 people).

*It can be scheduled for the next time the high bidder is in Disney World.

* They are really flexible with their schedule, unless they are going to be out of town.

* The winner can choose the restaurant, except Victoria and Albert's. V&A require a suit and John and Kevin don't own a suit and don't want to have to buy one to go to dinner.

* There has to be a minimum bid of $300.
(These dinners can get pricey and John pays for them. If the bid is less than $300, it makes more sense for them to just donate the money to GKTW.)

This is an AWESOME "item" !
Thank you John and Kevin for the donation and great idea!

Disneygrl36
10-14-2011, 10:37 AM
I just received a message from Kevin.
He and John would like to donate:

A Dining Review with John and Kevin

There are a few restrictions that go along with this donation.

*It is for two people plus Kevin and John (total 4 people).

*It can be scheduled for the next time the high bidder is in Disney World.

* They are really flexible with their schedule, unless they are going to be out of town.

* The winner can choose the restaurant, except Victoria and Albert's. V&A require a suit and John and Kevin don't own a suit and don't want to have to buy one to go to dinner.

* There has to be a minimum bid of $300.
(These dinners can get pricey and John pays for them. If the bid is less than $300, it makes more sense for them to just donate the money to GKTW.)

This is an AWESOME "item" !
Thank you John and Kevin for the donation and great idea!

Love this idea! :thumbsup2

katcarter
10-15-2011, 12:20 PM
I live about 3 hours away in southeast Mo. I will be there weather permitting. Please update the time and place so I can make room reservations. I am very excited that a meet for GKTW will be close enough for me to attend!:cool1:
Kathy

AWHOFAN
10-15-2011, 02:41 PM
I live about 3 hours away in southeast Mo. I will be there weather permitting. Please update the time and place so I can make room reservations. I am very excited that a meet for GKTW will be close enough for me to attend!:cool1:

Kathy I have "nothing" to do with this hotel but you may want to check the Gaylord Opryland Nashville. Its like the one they talk about on the DIS in Orlando. If nothing else it worth walking around, its about as close as Nashville will get to a Disney Hotels. Worth checking out at night. :dance3:

AWHOFAN
10-15-2011, 02:45 PM
We will be there. It should be a lot of fun. Two adults, one five year old.

luckybrew
10-15-2011, 04:42 PM
I have "nothing" to do with this hotel but you may want to check the Gaylord Opryland Nashville. Its like the one they talk about on the DIS in Orlando. If nothing else it worth walking around, its about as close as Nashville will get to a Disney Hotels. Worth checking out at night. :dance3:

My wife and I have stayed there for a weekend "get-a-way"! It's magnificent! Very Disney-like.
And just an fyi, travel agents get half off!

Pete, This should me motivation for you to come to the meet! ;0)

luckybrew
10-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Auction items are starting to show up at our door step! YAY! :cool1:

This is a donation made by the Nashville Symphony!

FOUR tickets to attend The Pied Piper Concert at the Nashville Symphony Schermerhorn Symphony Center on Saturday April 14th, 2012!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/300635_2574323881347_1351828169_33139762_208668182 4_n.jpg

AWESOME donation for the silent auction!

BTW: The Symphony Center had catostrophic flooding during May 2010s Nashville floods. This is truly a gift on many levels as they are still standing and have rebuilt from last years devistation. Its nice to know that they are able to donate such a nice item to attend a true place in Nashville history!! I'm sure if we ask nicely one could get a tour of the once flooded areas... maybe...

poohj80
10-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Auction items are starting to show up at our door step! YAY! :cool1:

This is a donation made by the Nashville Symphony!

FOUR tickets to attend The Pied Piper Concert at the Nashville Symphony Schermerhorn Symphony Center on Saturday April 14th, 2012!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/300635_2574323881347_1351828169_33139762_208668182 4_n.jpg

AWESOME donation for the silent auction!

Very cool! Good job!

mdvlprof
10-15-2011, 06:08 PM
I will be there weather permitting. Please update the time and place so I can make room reservations.

Currently, it will be Me, DH, DS-21, DD-20. DD knows some Japanese and can do 'tatoos', bookmarks, etc.

lodgelady
10-16-2011, 09:42 AM
I am so excited for a meet in Nashville. I think the Gaylord is a wonderful idea, although it is an expensive place to meet. If we had an idea of how many people would be there we could perhaps order lunch from them and get a meeting room for free? I would be glad to call if you think this is a good option.

poohj80
10-16-2011, 10:50 AM
I agree the Gaylord may be expensive to rent unless someone has a contact. The less money we spend on this event, the more we'll have for GKTW.

jcb
10-16-2011, 11:00 AM
When we first started talking about a Tennessee meet, Kevin very kindly tried to make a contact with Gaylord through the Gaylord Palms but got no where. I wouldn't give up completely on the Opryland but I'm not holding my breath, either.

DisneyKevin
10-16-2011, 12:35 PM
When we first started talking about a Tennessee meet, Kevin very kindly tried to make a contact with Gaylord through the Gaylord Palms but got no where. I wouldn't give up completely on the Opryland but I'm not holding my breath, either.

I called Opryland and got NO WHERE.

I asked about them donating a meeting room for GKTW.

I was told to submit a form and someone from the charity committee would get back to me sometime.

I tried calling Gaylord Palms in Orlando to see if they could provide me with a contact name.

I left three messages and no one has ever called me back.

I gave up.

luckybrew
10-16-2011, 03:08 PM
I called Opryland and got NO WHERE.

I asked about them donating a meeting room for GKTW.

I was told to submit a form and someone from the charity committee would get back to me sometime.

I tried calling Gaylord Palms in Orlando to see if they could provide me with a contact name.

I left three messages and no one has ever called me back.

I gave up.

Thanks for trting Kevin. Unless you have a six digit budget, those folks are tough to deal with. I think Gaylord Nashville was mostly mentioned as a place to stay as opposed to a place to have an event / meet. My Mom is currently with the folks at the Nashville Zoo or Chaffin's Barn (dinner theater) to host the event. I will keep everyone informed..
Please message me if you have ideas, donations or connections. Thanks.

poohj80
10-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks for trting Kevin. Unless you have a six digit budget, those folks are tough to deal with. I think Gaylord Nashville was mostly mentioned as a place to stay as opposed to a place to have an event / meet. My Mom is currently with the folks at the Nashville Zoo or Chaffin's Barn (dinner theater) to host the event. I will keep everyone informed..
Please message me if you have ideas, donations or connections. Thanks.

The Zoo would be cool as we have never been (sad to say) so would give us an excuse to finally get there!

Mississippianna
10-16-2011, 05:51 PM
This is really happening! How great! My birthday is 2/24, so I'll tell DH I want a trip to Nashville for my birthday! It'll be the 2 of us, and maybe DD (age 4), too. We live in North Mississippi, and would also need a hotel. It would be great, once a venue is booked, if someone could arrange a group rate at a nearby hotel. I'm not at all familiar with the city, so I can't help there. Surely we'd have enough of us coming from out of town to merit a group rate somewhere. Thank you, Nashville peeps, for organizing!

luckybrew
10-16-2011, 07:45 PM
This is really happening! How great! My birthday is 2/24, so I'll tell DH I want a trip to Nashville for my birthday! It'll be the 2 of us, and maybe DD (age 4), too. We live in North Mississippi, and would also need a hotel. It would be great, once a venue is booked, if someone could arrange a group rate at a nearby hotel. I'm not at all familiar with the city, so I can't help there. Surely we'd have enough of us coming from out of town to merit a group rate somewhere. Thank you, Nashville peeps, for organizing!

Glad to see the excitement! :goodvibes We are stoked to be doing this but I need some help planning, getting doantions and organizing this. Please get in touch with me if you are in the Nashville area! Thanks.

As for rooms, I have looked into this and every respectable hotel that I contact wants me to secure a block of rooms. They want me to sign a contract and I'm just not comfortable with that. :confused3

mdvlprof
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Since hotels want a contract signed -
Perhaps once we have a venue, and know which hotels are closest, those of us from out-of-town can all book at the same place. Someplace not tooo expensive.

jcb
10-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Since hotels want a contract signed -
Perhaps once we have a venue, and know which hotels are closest, those of us from out-of-town can all book at the same place. Someplace not tooo expensive.

This makes sense to me. It isn't as if February in Nashville is the vacation spot of the universe.

lttlmc3
10-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Okay, I'm so on board with this. I'm sorry for being out of the loop, but life has gotten in the way. What can I do to help?

poohj80
10-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Since many of us are not from Nashville, wondering what ya thought about asking for donations from places outside of Nashville? Do you think there would be much interest? For an example, I was thinking of a asking the US Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville if they would donate a day package for a family.

luckybrew
10-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Okay, I'm so on board with this. I'm sorry for being out of the loop, but life has gotten in the way. What can I do to help?

AWESOME! We need to meet up soon to bounce around some ideas. So glad you are my neighbor and on board!

luckybrew
10-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Since many of us are not from Nashville, wondering what ya thought about asking for donations from places outside of Nashville? Do you think there would be much interest? For an example, I was thinking of a asking the US Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville if they would donate a day package for a family.

I think this is a GREAT idea! We also need some DISers on board from areas as such.
Bowling Green, Huntsville, Ietc...

Minnie_Mom
10-20-2011, 05:02 PM
We have decided on Saturday, February 18th, 2012. More details will come asap! Please contact me if you are willing to help organize, gather donations, etc.

So far I have a few items being donated for the silent auction including:
* "MouseJunkies" books donated by author, Bill Burke.
* Several handmade Disney inspired art pieces by some amazing artists I have the pleasure of knowing.
* Print by Kathy Werling.

Thanks to everyone who has stepped up to the plate so far including Kathy from the DisUnplugged for donating a print today!

Pete, Got anything lying around on the pool table? LOL

Awww, man! This thread had nothing going on and I go to WDW and miss everything! I am so disappointed. My cousin is getting married on 02/18, so I will not be able to make it to the meet. So sad, I was really looking foward to getting to be involved in this meet!

katcarter
10-20-2011, 09:44 PM
I would by pass the Opryland Hotel! It may be better after the floods and the 'renovation' work they did due to the floods. But I stay there a few years ago and found it old nasty and poor pluming.
You may contact the Drury Inn located very close to the Nashville Airport --- they have convention rooms! Very nice hotel change. The actual company is based out of a town only 1 hour north of me and we always stay with them when traveling. They have free wi-fi and free finger foods at night and free drink cards. They also have free hot breakfast!

I may have a contact with Drury if people are interested?

Can not wait!!!

Kathy

poohj80
10-21-2011, 02:18 PM
I've heard really good things from folks who have hosted events at the Hotel Preston in the same area as well.

http://www.hotelpreston.com/

luckybrew
10-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Well folks. I got word late last night that we have the OK for an AWESOME venue. We might have to change the date to accommodate to their schedule. It is an AMAZING venue and everyone will love it! :banana:

As soon as I finalize the details I will let everyone know! :cool1:

Would a change in date be a problem with anyone? I'm not sure if we have to change the date as of yet. Just thought I would ask you guys just in case,,,

jcb
10-27-2011, 01:53 PM
changing the date won't be a problem for me.

poohj80
10-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Changing the date would be fine for me as long as I don't have a conflict. Am very curious about the venue though. Can you PM if you aren't ready to make public? ;)

luckybrew
10-27-2011, 02:53 PM
PM sent!

AWHOFAN
10-27-2011, 03:23 PM
Im good with a date change.

poohj80
10-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Hoping we can keep it on a weekend though.

mdvlprof
10-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Depends on what date it's changed to.

luckybrew
10-27-2011, 05:28 PM
FYI: it WILL stay on a weekend.

Pooh's Hunny
11-03-2011, 10:53 PM
I have totally been out of the loop--haven't been on the Disboards lately. Very excited for a local meet. I don't have much experience with this sort of thing, but glad to help any way I can.

Minnie_Mom
11-06-2011, 12:22 AM
A date change works for me, especially since I could not attend Feb 18.
Luckybrew- what can I do to help?

Disneygrl36
11-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Date change would be fine for me too. I am really curious about the venue & would love a pm about it. I am such a spaz that I totally forgot while on the ship to get anything for the auction, but I am pretty crafty & have some ideas that I think could be fun like personalized autograph/scrapbook, disney themed painted glasses etc. What do you think about those ideas? I also have a friend that sews that would probably contribute something as well.

luckybrew
11-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey everyone. Sorry for not responding. We just got back from our ten day trip to WDW so we are adjusting back into "reality". LOL. I'm still waiting to hear back about a few details regarding this AWESOME venue space. It is a very well known place around Nashville and surrounding areas that provides dinners and entertainment.

Anyone willing to lend a hand, gather donations, food, decorations, etc. Please message me here for my contact info.

Thanks, Chris

luckybrew
11-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Date change would be fine for me too. I am really curious about the venue & would love a pm about it. I am such a spaz that I totally forgot while on the ship to get anything for the auction, but I am pretty crafty & have some ideas that I think could be fun like personalized autograph/scrapbook, disney themed painted glasses etc. What do you think about those ideas? I also have a friend that sews that would probably contribute something as well.

PM sent

aw24
11-27-2011, 11:12 AM
We are still interested in coming to this event. Are there any ideas as to what the dates may be changed to or where the event will be held? We are less than 2 hours away so any weekend would work for us. I was just curious as to what was going on with this meet.

Ann

luckybrew
11-29-2011, 08:31 PM
We are still interested in coming to this event. Are there any ideas as to what the dates may be changed to or where the event will be held? We are less than 2 hours away so any weekend would work for us. I was just curious as to what was going on with this meet.

Ann

i hate to admit it but i am still waiting on a venue commitment. i have talked to two locations several times but its been near impossible to reach either of them around the holiday season. going to try a few more places this week. trust me, i am working hard on it and god willing, it will happen and be awesome. i think the timing is bad to secure a spot being all the holidays in nov, dec and jan. anyone in the area that has something in mind, please, by all means, message me. thanks.

AWHOFAN
12-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I have been finding Disney items at the Disney Store, Flea Markets, Antique Stores. Thrift Stores. Mostly new and some rare. Looking for items for the silent auction.

I found Song Of the South on DVD if you think that would be a good item. It plays on American DVD players.

poohj80
12-02-2011, 01:37 PM
I found Song Of the South on DVD if you think that would be a good item. It plays on American DVD players.

I have one of these too but it's not an "authorized" copy. ;)

luckybrew
12-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Hello everyone,
I have been hard at work trying to secure a very cool location for our event. Several leads fell through, a few were insanely too pricey and some were just unwilling to help with anything.
That being said, I finally got GREAT NEWS today from the owner of Chaffin’s Barn Dinner Theatre (http://www.dinnertheatre.com/). I have secured a venue as well as entertainment. I will have more in depth details shortly after Christmas regarding cover charges, food offerings, etc...

The ONLY downside to this venue is that we can only have it during the week or on a Sunday evening. I vote Sunday evening since working on Mondays are over-rated anyway. HA! Chaffin's has Feb 26th, 2012 and March 5th, 2012 open and available to name a few. This venue space is well known and historic here in the Nashville area. It is located in historic Franklin TN. Anyone wanting to experience the Nashville area will enjoy everything about this location.

Please let me know what you all think about these dates / times.
Thanks.

One final thought. On the most recent episode of the Dis Unplugged. Pete stated on The Live Show that the Dis Unplugged would be taking the crew of the podcast on the road! Pete also mentioned a few episodes a while back that he was 95% certain he would be making this event. That being said, let's hope and pray that a date change can still allow Pete and the Dis Unplugged crew to make this event!

Anyone willing to help make this event as awesome as possible, please message me for contact information. I still need help with many many things. Especially items for the silent auction!

Thanks again,
Chris

*NikkiBell*
12-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Very cool! Please let me know when you have a date decided so I can sticky your thread and add it to the official list.

luckybrew
12-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Very cool! Please let me know when you have a date decided so I can sticky your thread and add it to the official list.

will do !

poohj80
12-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Hello everyone,
I have been hard at work trying to secure a very cool location for our event. Several leads fell through, a few were insanely too pricey and some were just unwilling to help with anything.
That being said, I finally got GREAT NEWS today from the owner of Chaffin’s Barn Dinner Theatre (http://www.dinnertheatre.com/). I have secured a venue as well as entertainment.

Thansk Chris,

I have been to Chaffin's Barn but it's been awile. Very cool venue! Can you share details of the entertainment you've lined up?

luckybrew
12-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Thansk Chris,

I have been to Chaffin's Barn but it's been awile. Very cool venue! Can you share details of the entertainment you've lined up?

I am going a dinner showing of "Boeing Boeing" this Tuesday where i will speak to the owner more in depth. We are going to discuss the show options, etc...

What is everyone's opinions/thoughts about Sunday. The time would be around 6pm.

poohj80
12-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Chaffin's has Feb 26th, 2012 and March 5th, 2012 open and available to name a few. This venue space is well known and historic here in the Nashville area. It is located in historic Franklin TN. Anyone wanting to experience the Nashville area will enjoy everything about this location.

Please let me know what you all think about these dates / times.

I'm ok with Sunday as long as it doesn't run TOO late as we'll have a 2 hour drive home plus work/school the next day.

Unfortunately though, we currently have conflicts on both Feb 26th and March 4th.

mdvlprof
12-28-2011, 06:35 AM
Not sure if I could make on a Sunday evening. It's a long drive, and college classes on Monday.

AWHOFAN
12-28-2011, 08:21 AM
I was wondering how many people are going and what day is better that way we can decide the best for most people. So please post if you think you will attend.

I’m ok with a not so nice place to meet if were only talking a few people.

Sounds like some want a Saturday, what do you think.

I’ve been getting Disney items to raffle for charity.

Either day is good for me.
2 adults, 1 five year old girl.
We do not need a hotel.

Lastly what day are we talking about. Didnt we decide Feb 18th is off the table which is the headline? Feb 26th, 2012 or March 5th, 2012

Mississippianna
12-29-2011, 12:14 AM
I don't think I'd be able to do a Sunday, especially since we're trying to conserve personal leave for a WDW trip this spring. it's about a 4-hour drive for us to Nashville.

Pooh's Hunny
01-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Since I am a local Diser, Sunday would work for me. It would be me and my teenage daughter.

I haven't been to Chaffins since I was a teen so I am looking forward to it. Great idea!

Minnie_Mom
01-03-2012, 05:47 PM
I could be at either date... Feb 26th, 2012 or March 5th, 2012

Can't wait!

AWHOFAN
01-05-2012, 05:58 PM
What day was decided and where? I need to ask off, I work on sundays.

AWHOFAN
01-12-2012, 11:31 AM
What day was decided and where? I need to ask off, I work on sundays.

Are we still a go for TN? I want to do this.

jcb
01-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Me too. I have some pretty cool (at least I think they are cool) "one of a kind" autographed podcast memorabilia for the silent auction. I am hoping to get some more before the event.

I'm past my current obligations to other nonprofits so would be happy to help out in planning.

heatherwillmom
01-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Any more details for the Tn meet?

jmccormick
01-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Any news on the date / location. I'm trying to make plans to get away if this is a go for 2/18. Its only a couple of hours drive, and it would be fun.

hoffman1
01-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Is this event still taking place? If so, when/where?

AWHOFAN
01-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Are we still having the Nashville Meet? From what I can tell we have atleast 20 people. I have a few items for a silent auction. I say it should go on and the person that can get the space should set a day that is best for them.

poohj80
01-25-2012, 09:57 AM
We're about a month out from the dates original discussed. I'm also curious if this is going to happen or not.

AWHOFAN
01-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Do we still have the Chaffin Barn to have the event?

AWHOFAN
02-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Posting to ask are we having the meet? I do not think so since the site has gone dry. But I still want to go.

Pooh's Hunny
02-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Me too!

poohj80
02-07-2012, 05:27 AM
Me three!

njbmickeyfan
03-20-2012, 10:27 PM
That would be great and would love to know when you get together. I couldn't make it every time but might like to make it once in awhile.

Hi Poohj80. I'm so sorry to just now be responding. Believe it or not I was having a hard time finding this post again. Anyway, our group is in the Nashville Area and we call ourselves the Music City Mouseketeers. We have a Facebook page too but right now I think it is listed as private. If you have Facebook I'll be glad to add you to the group. It would be so great if you could meet up with us. We are meeting in Franklin, TN this Saturday. Do you know where that is? We have another person that lives over the Alabama line and she comes often too. Let me know if you want more info and I'll get right back with you. My direct e-mail is nanbroadwy@comcast.net. We would love to meet you.

Well just tried to send you a PM but apparently I don't have enough posts. Hope you see this in the message board.

Nancy

njbmickeyfan
03-20-2012, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=AWHOFAN;42529179]We live outside of Nashville TN in Smyrna which is south of :music: Music City. :rockband: We are planing on going to Disney on Ice in Sept 2011 also the Jan meet sounds like a good idea.

I'm in LaVergne. We have a group that meets in the Nashville area. Would love for you to hang out with us! Let me know if you're interested.

Nancy

njbmickeyfan
03-20-2012, 10:55 PM
It sounds like the February meet didn't happen? I hope everything is ok. If people still want to do this, I'll be glad to do whatever I can to help make this happen.

lttlmc3
03-21-2012, 07:19 AM
I'm bummed that I can't go to the meet. :sad1: I tried to get off work, but there is just no way. Have fun though guys!

AWHOFAN
03-21-2012, 08:45 AM
How do I see about joining the Nashville Disney Club? Were in Smyrna TN.

poohj80
03-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks Nancy! I just sent a request to join the FB group. I know Franklin well. We come to a lot of songwriter shows up there. Ran into George Jones at Cracker Barrel last time I was in town. ;-)

Can't join this weekend as we'll be cruising on the Magic. :banana:

Sorry to hear the GKTW fundraiser never happened.

njbmickeyfan
03-21-2012, 03:30 PM
How do I see about joining the Nashville Disney Club? Were in Smyrna TN.

Hi! I see you found and joined the group on Facebook. Hope we get to meet you soon.

Nancy

poohj80
03-21-2012, 03:45 PM
I sent a request to join the group but haven't been approved yet from what I can tell.

Minnie_Mom
04-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Ok, guys, it looks like no progress has been made on a meet in the Nashville area. I do not live in/near the Nashville area so I can not really help in that area.

However, if there is any interest in the Memphis area, I can help.

Is there any interest for a Memphis meet?

poohj80
04-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Ok, guys, it looks like no progress has been made on a meet in the Nashville area. I do not live in/near the Nashville area so I can not really help in that area.

Memphis is a bit too far for us, but still hoping something happens in Nashville.

Mississippianna
04-24-2012, 11:01 AM

I'd be interested in a Memphis meet. I'm in north Mississippi.

Minnie_Mom
04-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Memphis is a bit too far for us, but still hoping something happens in Nashville.

I hope so, too!

I'd be interested in a Memphis meet. I'm in north Mississippi.

Great, thanks for posting.

luckybrew
07-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Hey folks. I have been absent from the world, it seems, for a bit. My wife and I recently had a baby and its just been crazy in general. The plans i had set up completely fell through as most of you know. I would love to plan something with Nashville area folks. I have been in process of trying to secure a venue, etc before I proceed with anymore details. If anyone is interested. PLEASE send me a private message so that we can exchange ideas. Thanks.

AWHOFAN
07-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Hey folks. I have been absent from the world, it seems, for a bit. My wife and I recently had a baby and its just been crazy in general. The plans i had set up completely fell through as most of you know. I would love to plan something with Nashville area folks. I have been in process of trying to secure a venue, etc before I proceed with anymore details. If anyone is interested. PLEASE send me a private message so that we can exchange ideas. Thanks.

I want to be part of the group.

Disneygrl36
07-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Still interetsed here!