PDA

View Full Version : Gold Party!

JerseyGirl
07-23-2011, 11:16 PM
I just got invited to a gold party...like the Tupperware home party but it's a rep that buys gold and silver and writes you a check on the spot. :yay: I'm rooting thru my jewelry box looking for those 80s gold rope chains and the one gold hoop earring or the gold charms to cash them in. Anyone do this before?

prncess674
07-24-2011, 09:32 AM
While it sounds like fun, I would first take my items to a few local jewelers and get an estimate for their purchase. Also realize that whoever is hosting the party gets a cut of the profits. The more middle men you can cut out the more in your pocket.

Madison'smommy
07-24-2011, 10:14 AM
While it sounds like fun, I would first take my items to a few local jewelers and get an estimate for their purchase. Also realize that whoever is hosting the party gets a cut of the profits. The more middle men you can cut out the more in your pocket.

This exactly! Have fun selling!!

JerseyGirl
07-28-2011, 09:34 PM
It was great! I just brought mismatched earrings and necklaces I never wear because they were from exs or just not my style anymore...I got over $300! Disney spending money!!:cool1:

Sure, the hostess got a cut but it was a fun night out and I didn't spend a dime, I got money for stuff collecting dust!