PDA

View Full Version : OT-Southern Sweet Tea for Keurig question

mickeys friend
07-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Has anyone used the Celestial Seasonings Ice Tea in the Souther Sweet Tea flavor? It is suppost to have sugar already in it and was wondering if it's any good? I don't like lemon in my tea and this one doesn't have any in it and I love sweet tea but I know everyones seet tea isn't the same.So before I pay to try it,I'd like to hear from anyone who has used it.Thanks

bford1299
07-22-2011, 07:28 PM
It is delicious. My mother gave me a cup to try. I went out right away and bought two boxes. My husband and I like it.

lori123
07-22-2011, 08:36 PM
I have never tried it - but my guess is that it is artificial sweetener. If you like that I'm sure it is yummy!

Millermom0606
07-22-2011, 09:59 PM
it uses REAL sugar :goodvibes: I know b/c I'm allergic to the fake stuff... LOL....

and Oh goodness is it yummie!!! I <3 it!!!

bzkds
07-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Not sweet enough for me.. and cheaper to just make a pitcher on my own! But it's good in a pinch if I add extra sugar

lori123
07-22-2011, 11:22 PM
it uses REAL sugar :goodvibes: I know b/c I'm allergic to the fake stuff... LOL....

and Oh goodness is it yummie!!! I <3 it!!!

Good to know! Almost every K cup I have looked at (that is sweet) has the artificial stuff!

EDIT: I just looked it up - it has rebiana which is from stevia. Might be "natural" but not real sugar and I don't care for the taste.

aprilgail2
07-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Not sweet enough for me.. and cheaper to just make a pitcher on my own! But it's good in a pinch if I add extra sugar

I agree--it is SO not sweet at all-- I always end up adding sugar to it!

hannahdrewmom
07-23-2011, 04:54 PM
If you are from the south... this isn't going to cut it. It really isn't "sweet." Although it is a better alternative than just about any others we have found in the k cups.

fall08CP
07-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Just picked up a box of these on clearance at Marshall's. Haven't had the chance to try them out, but glad to hear positive reviews! I don't like super sweet tea so this might be perfect for me. Think I can fool my Southern friends when they come visit? :lmao:

sookie
07-23-2011, 08:20 PM
It's good, but not super sweet like real "southern" sweet tea is. Real southern sweet tea rivals pop - LOL!
But if you want something less sweet but still good, this is a good brew for you.

ZehnJahren
07-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Not a fan. The sweetener tastes VERY artificial to me. If you like Arizona teas, you'll probably like this - if not, don't buy it.

poohguys
07-23-2011, 11:55 PM
It is okay, but not that sweet. I like the other one with the lemon in it better, but that is not really sweet either.

Louise-Montreal
07-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Can any Kuerig make an iced drink or is it just a special type of Keurig brewer?
And my other question- if it comes out hot- doesn't all the ice melt?

This is all so confusing for an old broad like me.:lmao:

ZehnJahren
07-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Can any Kuerig make an iced drink or is it just a special type of Keurig brewer?
And my other question- if it comes out hot- doesn't all the ice melt?

This is all so confusing for an old broad like me.:lmao:

You brew over ice - and then have to add more ice after! Because YES, it comes out hot! (just don't brew it into any glass container; I use my Aladdin plastic cup)

I make iced green tea every morning to take to work with me; just add ice to my Aladdin cup and then, once it's brewed, put a ton more ice in, then drink a little, then more ice, and I'm good. It's just the regular Keurig brewer - the green tea is not supposed to be "brew over ice" but it works and I love it!