View Full Version : GKTW Meet: North Texas, October 1, 2011

stitchlover
07-19-2011, 07:13 AM
North Texas DisMeet

When: Saturday, October 1 Grapevine, Texas

Time: 11am-3pm

611 South Main
Grapevine, Texas 76051

Admission Price: $5 per person includes a sandwich provided by Weinberger Deli* and 2 raffle tickets per person

*Weinberger Deli has generously offered to provide the sandwiches free of charge for our event. We will need to purchase drinks and chips but once I get a better handle on how many people are attending I will try to get those items donated also.

An assortment of desserts are being generously being donated by the Lewis Bakery.

We will be collecting gift cards to send to GKTW in lieu of purchasing individual items from the Wish List. GKTW has suggested the following merchants for cards:
Disney Gift Card
Target
WalMart
Universal Gift Card
Toys R Us
Generic Visa/MC/Amex gift cards

Auction Details: We will have a silent auction/raffle during this event. Again, all proceeds to go to Give Kids the World. Each person will receive TWO tickets when they enter the event. More tickets will be available for purchase in the following bundles: 5 tickets for $5, 12 tickets for $10, and 25 tickets for $20. If at all possible, please bring cash with you. Checks made directly out to Give Kids the World Village will also be accepted.

Auction Items:

*Opening Minimum Bid $1,000: Deluxe Resort Review with Pete and Walter in 2012. 3 day/2 night stay at a Deluxe resort including meals.
*Opening Minimum Bid $250: Restaurant review with Kevin and John. Winner gets to choose any place (in Orlando!) EXCEPT Victoria and Alberts
*Opening Minimum Bid $100: Be a Part of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Podcast! You will have the very first chance to be a guest participant in a taping of the DIS Unplugged Disneyland Edition! Your winning bid will give you a backstage pass to join our recording session, which will include introducing the show and being our live peanut gallery! All you need to do is get a free download of Skype and be available on a Sunday night for taping (date to be determined with the winner).

*Limited Edition from Master Replicas: Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer Ears
*Framed Limited Edition Collector's Issue Pin of Chip & Dale Christmas 2008 signed by Pete, Walter, John and Kevin
*No Sew Disney Themed Blanket
*Vinylmation Set from DCL 2011 Dream Inaugural Cruise
*DVD Set Disneyland Resort: Imagineering the Magic signed by Marty Sklar
*DVD Set Magic Kingdom: Imagineering the Magic signed by Marty Sklar
*Mickey Mouse Ears from DCL 2011 Dream Inaugrual Cruise
*Book: The Works of Herbert Ryman
*No Sew Disney Themed Blanket
*Lee Cockerell has generously agreed to donate a signed copy of his book-Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney
*6 bottles of highly-rated assorted California red wines
*6 bottles of highly-rated assorted International red wines
*Disney goody bag put together by ABD London/Paris adventurers
*Classic Collection Figurine: Somethin' Fishy Mickey Mouse from Walt Disney's Simple Things
*Classic Collection Figurine: Rah! Rah! Mickey! from Touchdown Mickey
*Classic Collection Figurine: Brought You Something Mickey Mouse from Puppy Love
*Classic Collection Figurine: Watch Me! Mickey Mouse from On Ice
*Classic Collection Figurine: Mischievous Apprentice from Fantasia

Raffle Items:
5 $20 Gift Certificates to Weatherford Downtown Cafe
$30 Gift Certificate to Cafe Brazil
Wii Epic Mickey
5 one year subscriptions to Inside Gymnastics magazine
5 one year subscriptions to Inside Cheerleading magazine
5 one year subscriptions to Inside Volleyball magazine
Set of 2 Disney Theme Puzzles
3 signed photos of 2008 Olympic Gold Medalist Nastia Lukin
Signed copy of 2004 Olympic Gold Medalist Carly Patterson's music CD "Back to the Beginning"
$25 Gift Certificate to PetSmart
Mickey Mouse/WDW Watch
$50 Container Store gift certificate
Tinkerbell Photo Frame
Dallas native and Olympic gymnastics hopeful Steven Legendre autographed gymnastics grip and Team USA singlet worn in international competition. Also includes an exclusive poster featuring Legendre and his 2011 University of Oklahoma team, which finished 2nd at the NCAA Championships. Legendre, whose family lives in Flower Mound, is a member of three U.S. World Championships team and is on track for a 2012 Olympic berth. He is currently ranked eighth in the world on floor exercise and is a seven-time NCAA National Champion.

Attendees:
Stitchlover-Suzette
Webmaster Kathy +2
M&M's mom
Juliebug1997
mommystieg-Sharon, John, DD Sara (18), DD Emily (11), DD April (6)
javamomma
dallastxcpa-Lorrie, Dave, DD plus 2 kids
lmbcdb
Pilgrimr
Donnaz123-Donna and DH Stanton
Mrcricket-Jonathan
hrnfggcr-hrnfggcr and daughter (10)
Friendly Frog-Friendly Frog +1
Wellesleyprincess-Jennifer
Jaci-H
Zuzu-Zuzu and Carlos (DH)
exwdwcm-Michelle and her mother
Justsyd2-Cynthia and Don
tootogether-NaTasha & Chris
Andypok-1
Disneynutz-Bill and Kim
Plutofan-John and Cheri
TXYankee-Theresa
jisom12-Jeff and Mitzie

Please reply to this post if you are interested in attending. We would LOVE to meet you! Just reply to this post with your name and the names of anyone else who is joining in for the fun. Please include names and ages of children, especially, so that we can properly prepare.

mommy2allgirls
07-19-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm in and would love to help plan, I'm the op of the Texas meet post. I think end of Sept is a good time. Let me know what I can do to help

txvjc
07-19-2011, 06:37 PM
mmm...Weinberger's is so good...used to be on of my favorite places to go when I lived in Arlington...it'd almost be worth the flight to have some...and Dan (the owner) is a great guy

WebmasterKathy
07-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I've never tried Weinberger's, it sounds great!

Trying to picture Pete in Texas... :rotfl:

Walter, I get. Pete- not so much!

Although I would love to see my friends on MY home turf for a change!

m&m's mom
07-19-2011, 10:50 PM
The very first DIS meet I ever went to was June 2000. It was at Dick Clark's Grill in Grapevine Mills Mall. That was a longggg time ago. Every now and then Dan Murphy posts pictures of the M's as babies at that meet. They are now 15 and almost 12. :scared:

stitchlover
07-20-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm glad people like the Weinberger idea. He was very friendly and enthusiastic. If I haven't heard from Pete by Sunday afternoon with possible dates I'll get feedback from you guys about a date. For some reason October 1 stands out as a good day. Have no idea why!

juliebug1997
07-20-2011, 07:51 AM
I know that we are going to see "West Side Story" some Sunday during the fair. I will have to check our tickets before committing but I'm excited!!!!

mommystieg
07-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Count us in!! There is a small group of us here in the DFW area that have been meeting for quite a while. I don't think many of them are as active on the DIS as we all used to be - I will post on FB and let them know to check this out!!

book_junkie
07-20-2011, 11:42 AM
I'd love to if I'm not working!

:hippie:

mommy2allgirls
07-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Count us in!! There is a small group of us here in the DFW area that have been meeting for quite a while. I don't think many of them are as active on the DIS as we all used to be - I will post on FB and let them know to check this out!!

Ooh can others connect with y'all on Facebook? I would love to meet fellow disers and have regular meets

stitchlover
07-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Have a GKTW family that is willing to come to our DisMeet to talk to us about what the GKTW experience meant to them. Will let you know as soon as I hear back from Pete.

How are people feeling about Saturday, October 1?

mommy2allgirls
07-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Have a GKTW family that is willing to come to our DisMeet to talk to us about what the GKTW experience meant to them. Will let you know as soon as I hear back from Pete.

Sounds great! What can I do to help

javamoma
07-20-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm in! I live a couple of hours from there but am originally from Dallas. So we are there often to see family.

This will be my first dis meet!!!:woohoo:

Would also love to here from the GKTW family.

stitchlover
07-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Mommy2allgirls and anyone else who wants to help...Once we set a date I will work on firming up the location. Then I think I'll have a better idea of what needs to be done to get us ready for the big day!

mommy2allgirls
07-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Mommy2allgirls and anyone else who wants to help...Once we set a date I will work on firming up the location. Then I think I'll have a better idea of what needs to be done to get us ready for the big day!

Ok, just let me know. Can you send me a PM once you know

dallastxcpa
07-21-2011, 07:01 AM

I will definetly be there. With MY box of tissue. Any time I read the wish trip reports I just start crying so emotional. :)

I would also be happy to help set up or secure donations from vendors.

Oh by the way I am one of the long time DISer's on Facebook. My first meet was at Rainforest Cafe in Grapevine in 2003. If anyone would like to connect with me on FaceBook my full name is Lorrie Galliher.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/?sk=lf

dallastxcpa
07-21-2011, 07:05 AM
We are having a grand opening for our new in home photography studio in late September/early October but the dates are still flexible and I will work around the DIS meet. :thumbsup2

lmbcdb
07-21-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm in!

mommy2allgirls
07-21-2011, 07:49 AM
I will definetly be there. With MY box of tissue. Any time I read the wish trip reports I just start crying so emotional. :)

I would also be happy to help set up or secure donations from vendors.

Oh by the way I am one of the long time DISer's on Facebook. My first meet was at Rainforest Cafe in Grapevine in 2003. If anyone would like to connect with me on FaceBook my full name is Lorrie Galliher.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/?sk=lf

I tried to connect to you but the link just took me to my facebook wall

stitchlover
07-21-2011, 08:05 AM
I haven't heard anything from Pete and with his traveling this fall and the wedding coming up in December it is probably a long shot that they would be able to attend. I would love to get a firm date to Dan at Weinberger before his meeting with the City this evening. No one has objected to Saturday, October 1st at this point. I think that gives us plenty of time to gather donations for a silent auction, etc. I am going to go back to my original post on this thread and clean it up with an official date and a list of those that are interested so far. Of course all I have are your screen names. If you could PM me or email me at msc2slc@att.net and give me your name and a head count for your family so we can start building a list of attendees that would be great. As I firm up location and exact time I will add that to the first post. I hope to get a firm location within the week.

So anyone who wants to get donations for a silent auction GO FOR IT! When you get items please PM or email me so I know to add them to the list.

I am going to work with Dan at Weinberger to see if we can get vendors in Grapevine to donate items also. Who else has some ideas of things we should do and include in our gathering?

Suzette

mommystieg
07-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Ooh can others connect with y'all on Facebook? I would love to meet fellow disers and have regular meets

Sure!! We usually meet about once every couple of months. I will send you a PM with my e-mail address - that is how we usually communicate.

aggielawyer
07-21-2011, 10:41 AM
I can't guarantee I will be able to come up for it, but I've got it on my calendar and will definitely try.

stitchlover
07-21-2011, 10:47 AM
I can't guarantee I will be able to come up for it, but I've got it on my calendar and will definitely try.

Just let me know a week or two in advance!

book_junkie
07-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Sorry, I'm going to have to bow out... That weekend we're headed up to UIUC (University of Illinois-Urbana) for homecoming weekend, and won't be in town...

Definitely keep me posted about the next one!

:goodvibes

TXYankee
07-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Hi Suzett!

I would love to go just so I can see you again but I am not sure yet.
Did you know that October 1 is the 40th Anniversary of the opening of the WDW Magic Kingdom? I have plans to be in WDW for F & W the following weekend but I an trying to add a few days to be there for the 40th Celebration.

It looks like you have the ball rolling toward a very successful event!

pilgrimr
07-21-2011, 04:08 PM
I will love to come. I am putting it on my calendar.

WebmasterKathy
07-21-2011, 05:45 PM
John and Kevin have donated a dining review with Kevin and John as an auction item for our North Texas GKTW fundraiser meet!

The 'rules' are it has to be a minimum $250 bid and winner gets to choose any place EXCEPT Victoria & Alberts (I will not be able to get Kevin ito a suit jacket to save his life).

(He says "any place", but I think he means it does need to be in the WDW/Orlando area!)

stitchlover
07-21-2011, 05:50 PM
John and Kevin have donated a dining review with Kevin and John as an auction item for our North Texas GKTW fundraiser meet!

(He says "any place", but I think he means it does need to be in the WDW/Orlando area!)

Kathy thanks for getting this for us. I added it to the list on the first post. You're awesome!

Suzette

TheTXTaylors5
07-21-2011, 07:07 PM
This sounds fun. But, we won't be in town. We'll be at . . .

Walt Disney World!

Have a great event and make sure to post lots of pictures!!! :goodvibes

WebmasterKathy
07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Oh, Bill and Jennifer! You lucky dogs! We'll miss you...

mommy2allgirls
07-21-2011, 10:40 PM

This is awesome, Thank you John and Kevin!!!!

stitchlover
07-26-2011, 05:25 PM
The book arrived from Lee Cockerell today. I haven't forgotten everyone! I am playing phone tag with Weinberger Deli trying to confirm the date and nail down the time. I will post as soon as I speak with him.

mommy2allgirls
07-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks for doing that Suzette! I am still waiting to hear from some authors I have contacted. I am also going to be at WDW on Friday and am going to look into finding a 40th anniversary item for the event to add to the auction

christygobar
07-26-2011, 08:50 PM
We would love to be there, but that is when we are at WDW! :) (Actually, it's when we are in the Keys, on the way to WDW). DH, DD and I live in Garland :)

mommy2allgirls
07-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Ooh just listened to the show and Pete is coming!!!

CrusinLattas
07-27-2011, 01:43 PM
I just heard about this on the podcast! I plan on being there - with my two kids 5 & 7 and my husband if he is not working! I look forward to more details!:cool1:

coopersmom
07-27-2011, 02:00 PM
deleted

stitchlover
07-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Ooh just listened to the show and Pete is coming!!!

I haven't listened yet....cool!

I just heard about this on the podcast! I plan on being there - with my two kids 5 & 7 and my husband if he is not working! I look forward to more details!:cool1:

Crusin-added you to the list. Can't wait to meet everyone.

donnaz123
07-27-2011, 03:37 PM
I will be there along with my husband Stanton. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

mommy2allgirls
07-27-2011, 04:31 PM
I wonder if I can talk my hubby into taking pics at the event. He has a fancy camera and loves taking pics. It would be nice to have one person in charge of all of that

stitchlover
07-27-2011, 04:40 PM
I wonder if I can talk my hubby into taking pics at the event. He has a fancy camera and loves taking pics. It would be nice to have one person in charge of all of that

That would be great. See what he says!

stitchlover
07-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone!

For all those already on the list and anyone who lets me know you are coming from here forward:

Please make sure you give me a list of your total party. I need to make sure I have a head count for food, etc. Thank you so much! I think we are already close to 30 people.

Suzette

WebmasterKathy
07-27-2011, 08:19 PM
Suzette- I am now a party of THREE. :)

stitchlover
07-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Suzette- I am now a party of THREE. :)

Woohoo! I will make the change to the list. Thanks!

I hope to have the exact address by the end of the week.

todd222222
07-28-2011, 11:06 AM
We will be there:

Total of 6 (probably)
Todd, Nicole, Ashton (9), Ryleigh (7), Malin (16, exchange student from Norway) and Ruth (MIL). :)

:cool1:

mrcricket
07-28-2011, 11:17 AM
I hope to be there. Party of one.
Jonathan

Euphscott
07-28-2011, 11:22 AM
I'd love to attend but I will be on a cruise that day!

PirateMommy
07-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Can you put me down as a maybe? I live in Austin, but I need to wait on soccer schedules for DS5 and DS7 before I can 100% commit to coming to Austin for the weekend. It won't be hard to tie in a trip to Legoland as long as we don't have soccer conflicts.

Thanks for organizing everything. :)

Annalynn, Carl, Alex (7) and Ryan (5)

mrcricket
07-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Jonathan

Oh, and I live in Grapevine. Whoohooo.

mommy2allgirls
07-29-2011, 12:36 AM
Suzette, please forgive me for not responding to the planning email. We went to WDW a day early so I've been away all day. I will respond soon though!

Everyone else I can't wait to meet all of you

stitchlover
07-30-2011, 08:51 AM
We will be there:

Total of 6 (probably)
Todd, Nicole, Ashton (9), Ryleigh (7), Malin (16, exchange student from Norway) and Ruth (MIL). :)

:cool1:

Jonathan

Can you put me down as a maybe? I live in Austin, but I need to wait on soccer schedules for DS5 and DS7 before I can 100% commit to coming to Austin for the weekend. It won't be hard to tie in a trip to Legoland as long as we don't have soccer conflicts.

Thanks for organizing everything. :)

Annalynn, Carl, Alex (7) and Ryan (5)

I have you all listed!

Suzette, please forgive me for not responding to the planning email. We went to WDW a day early so I've been away all day. I will respond soon though!

Everyone else I can't wait to meet all of you

Casey no problem. Just wanted you to know what I had taken care of so far. Have a great weekend!

hrngffcr
07-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Just heard about this tonight as I listened to the podcast (I don't always get to listen as soon as they're posted). I would like to come, and am excited that there is a meet and give kids the world event so close to home (I'm in Tyler). Will need to check with DW as she and my son will be at a Mom and Me campout that weekend. Make sure she doesn't want me closer to home in case something happens. But otherwise it will be me and my daughter (10). I also look forward to meeting Pete before the Podcast Cruise 3.0.

stitchlover
07-31-2011, 10:46 AM
But otherwise it will be me and my daughter (10). I also look forward to meeting Pete before the Podcast Cruise 3.0.

I will put you down as a Maybe. Please let me know by September 15th if you will be able to attend. Thank you!

stitchlover
07-31-2011, 11:08 AM
In lieu of purchasing individual items from the GKTW wish list and having to figure out how to get the items to Orlando we are recommending and encouraging people to purchase gift cards to the merchants that GKTW has suggested. A list of those merchants can be found in the first post.

hrngffcr
07-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Posting that list was a great idea. I was wondering how I could help. I couldn't think of anything to donate to an auction, but I can buy several things on that list, and maybe encourage others to do the same.

By the way, my daughter and I will be there. Is the exact time and place (other than the date) still TBA, or did I miss it in one of the posts? It was still that way when I first saw the thread last night.

Amy276
07-31-2011, 03:26 PM
I think this is a great idea and my husband and I would love to come, but I might have to be out of town that weekend. Would you put myself (Amy) and DH (Ricky) down as a maybe.

Is Sept. 15th the confirmation deadline?

stitchlover
07-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Posting that list was a great idea. I was wondering how I could help. I couldn't think of anything to donate to an auction, but I can buy several things on that list, and maybe encourage others to do the same.

By the way, my daughter and I will be there. Is the exact time and place (other than the date) still TBA, or did I miss it in one of the posts? It was still that way when I first saw the thread last night.

Just thought about posting that Wish List today. Glad that it will come in handy for some folks. We are looking at 11-3 for the time I am hoping to confirm the exact address in Grapevine by tomorrow at the latest. As soon as I have it I will update the first post and post a message saying it has been updated.

Is Sept. 15th the confirmation deadline?

Amy-I will put you down as maybe. Yes, I think if we have everyone confirmed by 9/15 it will help with lunch and other supplies. I hope that is an okay cut off for people.

stitchlover
07-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Quick note to everyone...I have no idea if when I make a change to the first post if it is notifying all of you. So please note:

I have added a note about a GKTW wish list and the fact that Weinberger Deli will be providing sandwiches free of charge for our event. I believe drinks and chips will be at our own expense but once I have an idea of how large our group is I will probably just plan to donate those items myself or try to get a local merchant to donate them.

hookedonears
08-01-2011, 07:51 AM

The Aggies will be playing football in Dallas at Jerry Jones stadium that night.

wellesleyprincess
08-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Can you put me down as a maybe?
I'm in Houston, but could make a nice weekend out of it. Never have been able to go to a meet with my teacher's schedule

aggielawyer
08-01-2011, 03:57 PM
The Aggies will be playing football in Dallas at Jerry Jones stadium that night.

I can tell you where I WON'T be...we can't win in that stadium!

stitchlover
08-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Can you put me down as a maybe?
I'm in Houston, but could make a nice weekend out of it. Never have been able to go to a meet with my teacher's schedule

Update the list with you as a Maybe! Hope you are able to join us.

hookedonears
08-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I can tell you where I WON'T be...we can't win in that stadium!

The Aggies are supposed to have a pretty good team this year. I think there going to surprise some people. I think they're due.

stitchlover
08-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Drumroll please...and we have our location confirmed. Woohoo!

Westwood Centers of Grapevine has generously donated the use of their Texas Room to us on October 1st for our event. I have put the exact address in the first post of this thread.

Plutofan
08-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Please put us down for two as a maybe. We would love to go. Just need to see what time the kids are playing baseball that day to see if we can make it. Thanks for putting this together.

mommy2allgirls
08-03-2011, 02:18 PM
I plan on donating a iPhone case from Disney parks for the event. Just wanted to update

Friendly Frog
08-04-2011, 12:17 AM
How exciting. Please add me +1. :banana:

mickstwin
08-05-2011, 07:40 AM
mickstwin + 1 (Jennifer & Mark)

stitchlover
08-05-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm pretty sure I have the list up to date at this point. I also added your auction contribution mommy2allgirls, thanks! We have several items that I am just waiting for them to arrive before I list them. Also once school gets back in session August 22 I will have more time to work on donations. I think things are really shaping up! Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Suzette

wellesleyprincess
08-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Alright,
Just checked the schedule. I'm officially in. And does the deli do a veggie option?

Jennifer

jaci-h
08-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi Stitchlover- I'm in! I'm going to try to talk to my DH tonight about him coming too:)

Also, we have a nutritional supplement business with AdvoCare... and we're willing to donate an Spark & Slam energy drink basket. Who do I need to talk to about that??

stitchlover
08-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Alright,
Just checked the schedule. I'm officially in. And does the deli do a veggie option?

Jennifer
Jennifer-I have you as a definite on the list (post #1). I do not know if the deli has a veggie option. But here is their website: www.weinbergersdeli.com If they don't have something let me know. I will be meeting with the deli in a few weeks and can talk to them about options they might have.

Hi Stitchlover- I'm in! I'm going to try to talk to my DH tonight about him coming too:)

Also, we have a nutritional supplement business with AdvoCare... and we're willing to donate an Spark & Slam energy drink basket. Who do I need to talk to about that??

Jaci-H i will add you to the list. Let me know if your husband decides to join us so I can add him to the head count also. If you would like to make a donation for the auction please just send me an email: msc2slc@att.net and we can go over the information. Thanks!

mommy2allgirls
08-07-2011, 11:11 PM
I am planning kids activities for the event and my hubby agreed to take pictures of the event! Also, I was thinking of making name tags for us that have our real name and our disboard name for the event, what do you think of that?

stitchlover
08-08-2011, 08:19 AM
I am planning kids activities for the event and my hubby agreed to take pictures of the event! Also, I was thinking of making name tags for us that have our real name and our disboard name for the event, what do you think of that?

Casey-I'll email you. I already bought some name tags. Suzette

stitchlover
08-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Just added an exciting new silent auction item. My roommate from the ABD February trip, Michael Landman (mikelan6 on the boards), just shipped me a set of Limited Edition Replica Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer Ears. They come with a stand. They are the sweetest thing. I think I have silent auction item that I am going to keep my eye on!

mikelan6
08-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Just added an exciting new silent auction item. My roommate from the ABD February trip, Michael Landman (mikelan6 on the boards), just shipped me a set of Limited Edition Replica Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer Ears. They come with a stand. They are the sweetest thing. I think I have silent auction item that I am going to keep my eye on!

I hear they are also magic rain making ears. :wizard:

stitchlover
08-13-2011, 06:35 AM
I hear they are also magic rain making ears. :wizard:

Yes, these mouseketeer ears arrived in my front porch and we finally received rain in Aledo! It's still raining this morning. Hope everyone else in North Texas is receiving some. We might actually have to skip mowing the yard today because it's too wet. When was the last time anyone could say THAT around here?

zuzu
08-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Please add me and DH, Carlos for the meet. So happy to find a local GKTW meet we can attend and can't wait to meet Pete and Walter. We attended Disapalooza in 2009 but the only podcaster we met was Kevin so this will be a real treat.

Let me know if I can help out in anyway.

exwdwcm
08-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Please add my son and I- William (4) and Michelle Peters. Might be bringing hubby along or sister/mom. Will confirm soon!

Thanks Theresa for alerting me to this! :thumbsup2;) I haven't had much time to be on the boards as much anymore (stupid work actually expecting me to work). Can't wait to experience a little disney here at home. We are heading to the world just two weeks after this meet too! :wizard:

LoriABil
08-14-2011, 11:01 PM
I am very interested in this meet, but unfortunately only a maybe at this point, as we are allll the way out in Lubbock! (3 total - Lori, Bob and Alex (8 year old son)

One question, though! California wines??? International wines??? No Texas wines!? Wait...maybe because we can get those any time...

But seriously, if you would like to add something like that to the auction or silent auction, I know a few people and could try to get something together - whether we get to attend or not :) Anything to help!

stitchlover
08-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Please add my son and I- William (4) and Michelle Peters. Might be bringing hubby along or sister/mom. Will confirm soon!

Have put you on the list. For now I am just listing the two people. If you add more people just let me know.

I am very interested in this meet, but unfortunately only a maybe at this point, as we are allll the way out in Lubbock! (3 total - Lori, Bob and Alex (8 year old son)

But seriously, if you would like to add something like that to the auction or silent auction, I know a few people and could try to get something together - whether we get to attend or not :) Anything to help!

Lori-I will put you guys as a maybe. Just let me know if you are going to make it. If you have items you would like to add to the silent auction or raffle please contact me: msc2slc@att.net We are trying to gather things now. We have international and california wines because that is what was donated. No discrimination here. Of course the person doing the donating is from Oklahoma. Hmmmmm makes you wonder? :lmao:

LoriABil
08-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Lori-I will put you guys as a maybe. Just let me know if you are going to make it. If you have items you would like to add to the silent auction or raffle please contact me: msc2slc@att.net We are trying to gather things now. We have international and california wines because that is what was donated. No discrimination here. Of course the person doing the donating is from Oklahoma. Hmmmmm makes you wonder? :lmao:
:lmao:

Oklahoma? Don't worry, I hear there are some very good boxed wines out there! ;)

I'm sorry... My mom is from Oklahoma, so I really couldn't resist - it was just too easy! I will ask around and see what I can do and then contact you! I'd like to do something even if we can't attend the event!

AndyPok1
08-20-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm probably going to be making the trek down from Tulsa.

stitchlover
08-21-2011, 08:21 AM
I'm probably going to be making the trek down from Tulsa.

Do you want me to put you as a maybe for now?

Justsyd2
08-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Please add myself (Cynthia) and DH (Don). Thank you!

javamoma
08-26-2011, 09:16 PM
At the DISMeet on October 1 we will also provide everyone the opportunity to donate items from GKTW's Wish List. These are items that help them keep their cost down. I will have an bucket or an area set aside for these donations when you check in. I copied some of the items from their website below. I did not copy over items like ladders, ant killer, etc. I think I would have a hard time shipping those! Don't feel obligated to purchase items from the Wish List if you attend. I just wanted to give everyone that opportunity if you so desired.

Help Give Kids The World keep costs down - and smiles up - by donating goods and services from our Wish List. Our list includes items needed for our daily gift-giving program, supplies for our Family Entertainment Program and items to help keep the Village sparkling.

In addition to the potential gifts listed below, we can gladly accept gift cards to stores in which we could purchase these items.

Support for our Gift Giving Program:
Batteries AA, AAA, C, D
Disposable cameras
Autograph Books
Photo Albums
Plush
Small toys and games for children of all ages (with batteries)
Board Games
Hand Held Games
Travel Games
Puzzles
Teenage Gifts
MP3 Players
Wii games (rated E)
Travel DVD Players

Support for Village Entertainment & Family Programs:
Candy (no gum, no chocolate)
Sunscreen
Adult Size Pirate Costumes
DVD-R (MINI - 30 minutes and/or 60 minutes)
Movies (G or PG rated on DVD and Blu Ray Disc)
Red and white crepe paper streamers
Golf Balls (preferably colors other than white)
Rain Ponchos
Wheelchairs (adult and child size)
Disposable Cutlery
Pillow Cases for Wish Pillows (pattern will be provided)
Gift Cards for material - Joann Fabrics, Walmart, Visa, MC
Balloons:
Mylar
Mylar Happy Birthday
12 Purple
Any type

Help keep our administrative costs down:
CD's - Blank (High Speed)
CD Envelopes with plastic window
Mailing Supplies
Bubble Wrap
Peanuts
#0 and #00 Padded Envelopes
2 Packaging Tape
Office Supplies
Pens
Scissors
Paper Clips
White Out
2 x 2 Post It Notes
Copy Paper 8.5 x 11

Just curious and I may have missed this in a post somewhere, but who is taking the donated item back to GKTW? I am guessing we should bring some of the smaller items? I have an adult pirates costume but it has been used once. I wonder if that would be okay?

stitchlover
08-27-2011, 12:22 PM
I was assuming I would just mail the items to GKTW. I don't think I included anything on the wish list that I copied that was huge, did I? Hopefully it won't cost me hundreds to mail the items!

hrngffcr
08-27-2011, 06:24 PM
I initially really liked the idea of the wish list, as I want to do more than give just the cost to be at the meet event. But the more I got to thinking about it, does it make sense to buy a lot of games, scissors, etc and ship them to Florida, when I don't think there's anything on the list they can't buy there themselves?

Maybe it would be better to try to set some kind of record for the most gift cards to places like Target, Office Depot, etc so they can get exactly what they need, when they need it, in the quantities they need. I would think that all of the chains we have here in Texas would be the same as they have around the Village. Then we could send all the cards back to Florida with Pete for Kathy to deliver (as she is going to deliver the contributions that come in at the meets in Florida). In addition, they may be able to use the cards to shop online and get better deals.

What does everyone think about this?

stitchlover
08-27-2011, 06:33 PM
I really like that idea. Let's hear from a few people and if everyone agrees I will pull the information about the Wish List and put a little blurb about accepting gift card donations to let GKTW purchase items. :thumbsup2

aggielawyer
08-28-2011, 12:36 PM
I need to take my name off the list. My cousin surprised everyone by getting married and they are having their reception/party that weekend. Y'all have a great time!

stitchlover
08-28-2011, 08:58 PM
I need to take my name off the list. My cousin surprised everyone by getting married and they are having their reception/party that weekend. Y'all have a great time!

Sorry you won't be able to join us.

tootogether
08-28-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm in!

-NaTasha & Chris

zuzu
08-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Gift card idea makes much more sense as the added cost of shipping the items could be additional money they could use. I can also get VISA gift cards for free as an employee of Chase so let me know if that would help.

hrngffcr
08-30-2011, 04:35 PM
I don't know how many people, if any, who are coming to this meet are employees of the State of Texas. But any who are know we are starting our annual SECC campaign. I discovered that Give Kids the World is a listed charity you can have a payroll deduction taken out for. This is an opportunity to give $10.00 a month (or more) each month for a year to GKTW, and just have it deducted from your check. It's a relatively painless way to make an ongoing contribution even after the meet in October.

stitchlover
08-30-2011, 09:10 PM
I am going to change the first post to say in lieu of bringing items from the wish list we will be collecting gift cards to various locations so they can purchase items. I will check in with their fundraiser coordinator for a list of locations that they need gift cards to and will update out information once I receive it.

hrngffcr
08-30-2011, 10:57 PM
That's great. I was wondering what cards would be best, in addition to places like Target and Office Depot. Thanks for all your efforts in doing this. You're doing a great job!

stitchlover
08-31-2011, 01:18 PM
That's great. I was wondering what cards would be best, in addition to places like Target and Office Depot. Thanks for all your efforts in doing this. You're doing a great job!

That's kind of you to say...thanks.

I have updated the first post.

AndyPok1
09-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Do you want me to put you as a maybe for now?
No, put me down as attending. I worded it poorly.

I'll be there unless something unexpected happens. (work travel shouldn't since I have a 2 week trip scheduled for that Monday but who knows). And on the off chance something does come up, I'll be sure to let you know beforehand.

disneynutz
09-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Kim and I will be there. Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing Pete and Walter again. :banana::banana::banana:

:earsboy: Bill

stitchlover
09-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Good evening everyone.

I believe I have the attendee list current and up to date. If I have any of you listed as maybe's and you know for sure whether or not you are going to be attending please let me know so I can make that adjustment.

I just set the appointment with the venue and the deli to go and meet with them and discuss set up of the room and the exact food that will be donated. I am still working on gathering items for the silent auction and the raffle. If you have items that you want to donate but haven't gotten me the information yet please drop me a note! msc2slc@att.net

I added an exciting item this afternoon to the Silent Auction. k5jmh (Christy and Mike) from Spring, Texas are currently on the London/Paris ABD trip. They have purchased a bag from the Paris Disney Store and plan to fill it with goodies from Disneyland Paris and Paris. They are also asking other ABD travelers on the trip to donate some items to the bag. Once we have a more thorough description of the bag and it's contents I will post them here. It will be late next week sometime.

I hope everyone is getting a break from the heat. I know here in Aledo we are having beautiful weather. I just hope the cooler temps stay until AFTER the football game Friday evening.

If you have any comments, suggestions or questions about the upcoming event please post them here or drop me a line directly. msc2slc@att.net

Thanks!

Suzette

stitchlover
09-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Just in case I missed anyone on the maybe list when I sent out emails this evening...

I am meeting with the deli on Wednesday, September 21. I need a firm head count by the evening of Tuesday, September 20. Please drop me a line and let me know if you will be attending.

THANKS!

Suzette
msc2slc@att.net

stitchlover
09-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Just added an AWESOME Silent Auction item from our friends on the West Coast. Check it out!!!!

Thanks California DIS Unplugged Team!

BilltM
09-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Indy just raised some good funds for GKTW. :cool1: Keep it going!! Sounds like some good auction items. Good luck and have fun! :yay:

mommy2allgirls
09-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I created and examiner article about the event http://******************/disney-travel-in-dallas/north-texas-disney-fan-meet

Amy276
09-09-2011, 12:35 AM
I had been put down as a maybe, but unfortunately we will not be able to attend. We will be out of town that weekend. I wish you much success.

stitchlover
09-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Sorry you won't be able to join us. Thanks for letting me know.

stitchlover
09-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone,

We are quickly approaching October 1. Seems like we planned the event so long ago and now it is just over 2 weeks ago. Just a reminder:

I meet with the venue and the deli next week. I need a firm, final head count by Tuesday evening, September 20th. I think we only have one or two families pending on the Maybe list. But if the numbers we have listed for your party on the 1st post are no longer accurate PLEASE let me know.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,

Suzette

stitchlover
09-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Reminder! If your party has changed sizes please let me know by tomorrow evening. I meet with the deli Wednesday.

Suzette
msc2slc@att.net

stitchlover
09-21-2011, 05:55 PM
I have had my meeting with both the venue and the deli. I think both the space and the food are going to work out nicely.

To get to the location (when coming from the highway) you will go North on Main Street. Then you will turn right on College and immediately on your right is a parking lot. Park there or along the street on College. We are in the office complex building on the East side of the parking lot. There is an entrance in the middle of the building and there will be someone to direct you to where you are going.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

javamoma
09-24-2011, 02:40 PM
This is my first dis meet and I am so excited to meet everyone! :cool1:

stitchlover
09-24-2011, 07:07 PM
This is my first dis meet and I am so excited to meet everyone! :cool1:

Glad to hear! We have had several people cancel since Pete announced he isn't coming. We are going to be a smaller group then we originally planned for. But I think we will still have a nice time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

hrngffcr
09-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Several people cancelled because Pete and Walter are not able to come? Um . . . . . .wasn't this originally designed as a fund raiser for Give Kids the World? I thought so. My daughter and I will definitely still be there. It is a disappointment about Pete and Walter (hey, they even cancelled their trip to HAWAII to be with Max), but we want to come and help raise money for the Power of 10. You're right, Suzette, it will still be a great time with a lot of fellow DISer's!!!

mommy2allgirls
09-25-2011, 12:45 AM
We didn't cancel because of Pete and Walter not coming we cancelled because I have to go to Louisiana to see my lyme doctor. It was the only appointment I could get and had to take it. When I thought about getting a meet together I didn't even think about podcast people coming I just wanted a Dismeet and am very sad I can't go :-(

jisom12
09-25-2011, 05:59 AM
If its not to late, my DW and I would like to participate. We will be in the DFW area next weekend and would like to attend the GKTW meet.

Thank you,

Jeff & Mitzie
(jisom12 & mitziemouse)

stitchlover
09-25-2011, 08:00 AM
If its not to late, my DW and I would like to participate. We will be in the DFW area next weekend and would like to attend the GKTW meet.

Thank you,

Jeff & Mitzie
(jisom12 & mitziemouse)

We would love to have you join us. If you have any questions about time, location, etc. Please feel free to email me. I will add you to the list.

Suzette
Msc2slc@att.net

stitchlover
09-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Good evening everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I just posted a very exciting Auction Item to our list. If I receive anymore information about it over the next day or two I will post but here is the information I have right now:

Minimum Opening Bid $1,000: 2012 Deluxe Resort Review with Pete and Walter. 3 day/2 nights at a Disney Deluxe Resort including meals.

I also posted some wonderful figurines in our auction. There are a few things that came in this past week that I need to package together and list. I think I will be able to go through all of that tomorrow and get it listed.

Hope you are all getting excited!

Cherinva
09-29-2011, 07:49 AM
How exciting on the resort review !!! Your meet is coming up fast...I wish you a wonderful and exciting event.

javamoma
09-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Good evening everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I just posted a very exciting Auction Item to our list. If I receive anymore information about it over the next day or two I will post but here is the information I have right now:

Minimum Opening Bid $1,000: 2012 Deluxe Resort Review with Pete and Walter. 3 day/2 nights at a Disney Deluxe Resort including meals.

I also posted some wonderful figurines in our auction. There are a few things that came in this past week that I need to package together and list. I think I will be able to go through all of that tomorrow and get it listed.

Hope you are all getting excited!

My non-disney husband said, "you want to bid on staying at a hotel with 2 men you don't know???" :rotfl:

I replied that I do indeed know them. I've been hearing them in my head via the ipod for years. Of course they don't know me from Adam! So it's a much larger gamble on their side. :goodvibes

Looking forward to it everyone!

stitchlover
09-29-2011, 02:27 PM
My non-disney husband said, "you want to bid on staying at a hotel with 2 men you don't know???" :rotfl:

I replied that I do indeed know them. I've been hearing them in my head via the ipod for years. Of course they don't know me from Adam! So it's a much larger gamble on their side. :goodvibes

Looking forward to it everyone!

At this point my husband wouldn't even be surprised. When I went on my Dis Unplugged ABD trip this past February I had never met my roommate. See post #76 page 6...Hi Michael! :wave2: We will roomies again on PCC 4.0 next December.

CrusinLattas
09-29-2011, 10:15 PM
This week a close friend had a heart attack and I need to help them out this weekend! We were really looking forward to this!!!! I am so sorry I can't make it! You all have a magical time and hopefully we can do this again. I was really looking forward to it!

stitchlover
09-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Just added a few auction items that arrived from Pete today. When I started this I worried that I wasn't going to have enough auction and raffle items. Now I'm worried that we might have too much!

With all the cancellations I am going to see if I can rework the bingo game into a different ice breaker. That might not happen.

Please remember that tomorrow will be either Cash or Checks made payable to GKTW. I think we will try to close the auction and the raffle about 2:00-2:15 to give people a chance to pay and collect their items before we wrap things up at 3:00.

If you have any questions or get lost please call me on my cell: 817/714-1968.

We will have plenty of food and beverages please feel free to bring additional family and friends.

exwdwcm
09-30-2011, 07:57 PM
looking forward to seeing everyone there!!!

javamoma
10-01-2011, 08:34 AM
In the middle of the night Thursday night my whole family awoke with a stomach virus!. This is the first time I have been able to sit up long enough to type this message. So there is no way we can make the 3 hour trek to Grapevine. I am so dissapointed. This was going to be my first dis meet and there were lot's of things I wanted to bid on. Plus I was really looking forward to meeting fellow disers.

I am bummed. So bummed. :sick:

disneynutz
10-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Just got back home from the meet and I wanted to drop you a note to express what a wonderful time that Kim and I had.

Suzette you out did yourself, your hard work really showed and was much appreciated. The food was great, and the deserts were excellent. I have to admit that we did sneak a plate home for our Daughter.

There is just something about the DISers, you guys are a wonderful group of people. Pete really has created a Disney community and it was nice that the Mayor Of DIS called in during the event. :grouphug:

Looking forward to another meet next year. :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

mrcricket
10-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Really, really enjoyed the meet in Grapevine. Suzette did a great job! Really enjoyed meeting all of the DISers and sharing our passion for Disney. Can't wait until next year.

Plutofan
10-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Had a great time at our GKTW dismeet today. Fun bunch of people, great food and a great coordinator/organizer...Suzette.

Can't wait to meet again,
John and Cheri
:thumbsup2

WebmasterKathy
10-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Suzette- you ROCK! What a wonderful day, thank you for the tremendous amount of time, energy and enthusiasm you put into this meet.

I had a great time, and came home with some fun goodies!

donnaz123
10-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks Suzette for organizing a wonderful event. We had a great time. Looking forward to next year.

Friendly Frog
10-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Just another thanks to Suzette and to everyone who donated items and food for the event. It was nice to meet everyone. Tonight I will be dreaming about pressed penny bracelets.

Uncle Remus
10-01-2011, 08:43 PM
More applause for Suzette for such a great job. :thumbsup2
Jen 'n I enjoyed meetin' you folks here on the Podcast board 'n hope we can do it again soon. :goodvibes

exwdwcm
10-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Hi ya'll!

Great time meeting everyone! My mom and I had a ball and of course left with some great stuff!! All that wine will come in handy for our halloween party!

Suzette, thanks for organizing such a fun event. As always, everyone I met was fabulous and so sweet. I think I have yet to meet a bad Diser in person! :goodvibes

Looking forward to next year's meet (or sooner). Heck, we should get together more often to catch disney movies etc.

Just seeing other Disers gets me even more excited about our trip in 2 weeks.

oh and Theresa- looking forward to seeing your pressed penny bracelet! :thumbsup2

Michelle

exwdwcm
10-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks Suzette for organizing a wonderful event. We had a great time. Looking forward to next year.Hi Donna- i must not have had the chance to meet you today- but i am in Plano too! Where abouts are you?

stitchlover
10-01-2011, 09:48 PM
JUST got home. Went straight from there to my husband's company picnic. It has been a long day. :goodvibes

Thank all of you for your kind words. I really appreciate your, well, appreciation! I am so glad that everyone had a good time and enjoyed themselves.

Thanks to everyone who donated items and purchased items! I need to run the numbers again tomorrow but a quick count this evening is showing $2,515. I believe I have a local business owner was is interested in giving a cash donation to be included with our efforts. I also think that number does not include the guaranteed sell price on the framed item. I'm so proud of our little group for raising that much today. I will give you the final total later in the week when I have it.

Again, thank all of you for giving your afternoon to the group. It was great to meet so many of you. Let me take a nap and I'll put my thinking cap on about next year. :)

donnaz123
10-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Michelle, Sorry we didn't get to meet. I am at Custer and Legacy. How about you?

hrngffcr
10-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Great job Suzette!! This was my first Disney meet up, and it was great having the chance to talk to some like-minded folks. Especially enjoyed meeting Plutofans . . . Plutofan(s) . . . Plutofan 1 and Plutofan 2 . . . whatever. Look forward to seeing you again on Podcast Cruise 3.0! I really hope you organize another one of these, Suzette. I'll be there for sure. It was a pleasure to meet you. So take a well-deserved nap and begin planning the next meet.

*NikkiBell*
10-02-2011, 09:40 AM
I am so glad that everything went well!!! Great job, DISers!

disneym2m
10-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Me too. I am so glad everyone had a great time. Makes me excited for our Meet in 6 weeks.

javamoma
10-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Oh, you guys are killing me! I cannot believe I missed it! We have all been very sick and today is our first day to rejoin the land of the living. I would have much rather been having fun with you guys then battling a stomach bug.

exwdwcm
10-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Michelle, Sorry we didn't get to meet. I am at Custer and Legacy. How about you?I am off Plano Parkway between Coit and Ohio, so of Park/Preston area. :goodvibesSo not too far! I know that area well!

Cherinva
10-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Glad to hear your meet went so well !!! Congrats to all. If you have any tips that you can pass onto Melissa and I we would love to hear them...as our meet is coming up fast !!!!

YellowMickeyPonchos
10-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Tom and I were just chatting and we can't wait to hear who is guesting on our show! Look forward to hearing more stories from the even soon!

stitchlover
10-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Tom and I were just chatting and we can't wait to hear who is guesting on our show! Look forward to hearing more stories from the even soon!

Nancy-I'm surprised. We didn't have anyone bid on that item. :confused3 But we thank you for offering it! :love:

stitchlover
10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Well I wasn't able to get the local business owner to chip in anymore. :sad2: But tomorrow morning I will put all the checks in the mail for a grand total of $2615 from the North Texas DisMeet. I think we did great! Thank all of you for coming and spending the day together!

stitchlover
06-25-2012, 10:19 PM
:scared: I looked for the smiley face stick it's head out of a hole and looking around but there isn't one. So I figured the scared smiley face might be more fitting!

So who is up for a meet this fall? I'm thinking beginning of November? Of course if I'm running the show or helping to run the show it will have to be in North Texas like last fall. If it appears we have some interest I will start looking at dates and location options to throw out there. Once I get some feedback I will look at starting a new thread if we have some interest.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone! popcorn::

mommystieg
06-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Count us in!! The cheer competition season starts sometime in November for us - the schedule hasn't been finalized yet, though. Look forward to seeing everyone again:)

zuzu
07-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Carlos and I would love to meet up again. Anywhere in the DFW area or a little beyond is fine for us.
:cheer2:

*NikkiBell*
08-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Hi All,

Is this still in the works? If so, could someone please PM me the info so I can add it to our official list? I will then sticky this thread. :)

If you need any help in planning, feel free to let me know.

stitchlover
09-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Hey guys it looks like I'm not going to be able to put together something this Fall. SORRY! We are dealing with some health issues with my dad and my daughter had surgery right before school started. There just isn't time in my schedule this Fall to put something together.

I will try next year some time!

Joyosaurusrex
04-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Hey guys it looks like I'm not going to be able to put together something this Fall. SORRY! We are dealing with some health issues with my dad and my daughter had surgery right before school started. There just isn't time in my schedule this Fall to put something together.

I will try next year some time!

Hope your family is doing better!:goodvibes

I was wondering if anyone was thinking about getting something together this year? I'd love to help coordinate, thought it might be fun to at least try to do something relatively simple like a chili cook off and/or bake sale?
I am most absolutely not experienced at all in putting together something like this, but after reading about this charity I can't help but want to be involved in helping them in some way! Also, it'd be awesome to meet some fellow disers!
Look forward to hearing from you all!popcorn::

stitchlover
04-09-2013, 09:00 AM
I would love to help with something. I have been kicking around a few ideas but haven't really come up with anything definitive. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I think a chili cook-off, or something along those lines would be fun. Depending on how many we have we could do it in my home if everyone is willing to travel to Aledo.

I'll throw this out there...I live in Aledo. Depending on how many we have i would offer my house for a gathering in the summer. We have a pool and people could mill around inside and out and swim. We could do a big pot luck with a donation to GKTW and I could try to put together some donations for a raffle/auction.

But if it's a large crowd we could come up with some other idea.

Any thoughts on who might be interested in gather this year?

mommy2allgirls
04-10-2013, 03:55 PM
I would be interested in coming.

Joyosaurusrex
04-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Well that's 3 of us...should we start a new thread? The next month is crazy crazy time for me, school ending and such but I think summer would be fun! I live out in McKinney, but I'd be happy to drive out for a meet. Anyone else interested in doing this and live out this way? We could definitely organize a car pool!:cool1:

donnaz123
04-28-2013, 10:19 AM
We would be interested in coming too! We live in Plano.

stitchlover
09-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Hey everyone,

Wanted to put a message on this old thread. We have another Meet planned for March 22, 2014. Please see our new thread. Hope to see all of you again.

Plutofan
09-12-2013, 01:08 PM
We are interested in going. We had a great time last time. Just keep us informed.

Thanks

mommy2allgirls
09-12-2013, 01:09 PM
We are interested in going. We had a great time last time. Just keep us informed.

Thanks

Will do!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

mommy2allgirls
09-12-2013, 01:10 PM

Thanks

We created a new thread for the new meet! It has the info on the meet

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards