PDA

View Full Version : Let me say 1st....

Stephieann
07-18-2011, 11:12 AM
please forgive me if this has been asked but....I am having some printer issues and I would like to have new magnets for my up coming cruise. Is there an online company that i can order good quality magnets from that are large size (8.5X11)?

iloverags2
07-18-2011, 12:11 PM
I always use the Avery brand sheets, which can be found in regular office supply stores (Office Max, Staples, etc.). They have always worked wonderfully! One time I did try the generic type brand sold at craft stores (JoAnn, AC Moore, etc.) and they were not good at all. Stick with paying a few more bucks for Avery, and you should be just fine.

mom2brooke76
07-18-2011, 12:25 PM
The site magnets.com does up to 6x8, but at the bottom of their page says that if you need something bigger, to call them. Also, have you checked with Kinkos? I know that you can pay to use their computers and printers, just not sure if they would handle printing magnets.

iankh
07-18-2011, 12:28 PM
I have found that the lowest cost, highest quality alternative is to print on good quality, heavy stock photo paper. I bought a roll of magnetic "tape" at Office Depot, and cut pieces off, stuck to the back of the photo paper and, voila, a magnet for the door.

I find that since the cost is lower, if anything should go wrong in the printing process I can just reprint without waste other than the ink and photo paper.

Also since the cost is lower, I can get more experimental and creative.

Samantha_Mommy
07-18-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't know if your dollar stores have them, in Canada we have them. Maybe you have some Canadian friends?? Our Dollarama has them, and the best thing is they are really good and cost $1 or $2 at the most! :):goodvibes

Stephieann
07-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestions...my problem is i can not print! I am not sure what the deal with my printer is.....going to have to slap it around i guess....i found vistaprint.com does xl magnets!!

RoniBoBoni
07-19-2011, 12:53 AM
I was thinking of sending my magnets to print at Sam's (assuming there is no copyright violation) I really hope they don't tell me anything, as I usually print most of my images there. But I plan to cut them out and put sticky magnets on the back of the images. If I need to, I have a laminator, but this will be my first attempt at printing them at a photo lab.

runskyhy
07-19-2011, 07:46 AM
If money were no object, you could upload them to the on-line company, vistaprint, and order the XL Photo Magnets (11.60" x 8.85"). In addition to the $9.99 cost per magnet, there is an image upload fee, so it's probably not a cost effective way to go in this case :confused3 (but sometimes they have specials.) Good luck!