PDA

View Full Version : 90 days out,no brunch or hi tea

4HOLIDAYS
07-18-2011, 12:22 AM
So I log on at the 12:01 and only reg dinner is avail. Any one else have this? Finding any luck as you got closer? We are a 4 nite on 10/16.

Makayna
07-18-2011, 12:24 AM
So I log on at the 12:01 and only reg dinner is avail. Any one else have this? Finding any luck as you got closer? We are a 4 nite on 10/16.

On the Dream? There have been many recent posts about this. Some Gold members at 105 days who logged on right at 12:01 couldn't get Brunch or High Tea.

NHdisneylover
07-18-2011, 12:32 AM
I am gold and could not get tea at midnight when I could book on the Magic either. There are very few spots for these sea day only treats and a lot of demand.

4HOLIDAYS
07-18-2011, 12:34 AM
I guess what I am hoping to find out is if anyone found it to ever open up online by checking often or if they had success with the onboard? Posts have said outside Royal Palace, on the phone onboard, or D lounge...

darkwing818
07-18-2011, 07:25 AM
On the Dream? There have been many recent posts about this. Some Gold members at 105 days who logged on right at 12:01 couldn't get Brunch or High Tea.

We're gold & had no problem booking Brunch (Palo) & Dinner (Remy) at 12:01 for the 10/16 cruise on the Dream. If I recall correctly there were a few openings for both. :cool1:

Makayna
07-18-2011, 08:10 AM
I guess what I am hoping to find out is if anyone found it to ever open up online by checking often or if they had success with the onboard? Posts have said outside Royal Palace, on the phone onboard, or D lounge...

Yes. I'm going to be on the Wonder and when my booking window opened up, there wasn't a brunch available the day I wanted it, but 2 days later, one opened up (so I snatched that puppy!!! :cool1:). Right now, I'm trying to get an earlier dinner seating for our Palo night, and I'm going on EVERY day in hopes to get one! No luck yet, but I do know that sometimes, people cancel their reservations online and if you're lucky, you can snatch it!

But if you're not that lucky, or you don't want to stalk the DCL website everyday to see if one opens up, then just go to the place where you book/change Palo reservations when you get to the ship. They DO hold a few back, so you do have a decent chance of getting one. ;)

annmorr
07-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Just off the Dream, and we did get to have the Palo High Tea.... and there were no more than ten people there, so I don't know if they would have accomodated more, or if that is the llimit for the tea.. It actually felt a little weird to be in such a beautiful room with so few people.
The tea itself was interesting.... started with choice of teas, a few finger sandwiches, then some mini-pastries, then scones and jam or cream. While the food was good, I don't think I would do it again; so my advice would be not to feel as though you're missing something great if you're not able to get a Tea reservation.
And my daughter was able to move around her Palo dining night with no problem, so just go to the desk outside Palo when you board to get that dining reservation if you don't get it ahead of time.

brewcrew
07-18-2011, 08:34 AM
We just got of the Dream on the 10th. There was no availability online but we called Palo when we got onboard and they had an opening for brunch on sea day. We took it but Palo was only about half full. Just call as soon as you get onboard. Good luck!

luv2plan
07-18-2011, 11:54 AM
What is the cost for the Tea? Thanks!

SC Minnie
07-18-2011, 12:06 PM
We couldn't get a reservation on line either. When we boarded the ship we went to Palo and was told they didn't have any opening but 'we could speak with the manager'. We did and he immediately 'found' an opening for our party of 6. :confused3

croppincolburn
07-18-2011, 05:42 PM
I couldn't reserve brunch either. When I got on board (and we had a high number) I went to (Rockin D on the Magic) and they were able to give us reservations. Brunch was fabulous!

Good Luck!

annmorr
07-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Just checked my account summary, and the cost of the High Tea was $12.00... if the Palo Brunch is $20, I think that would be a much better value for your money. But you will enjoy whichever one you're able to get!

luv2plan
07-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks alot!! Are children welcome at the tea or is it adults only? :rolleyes:

woody73
07-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Adults only.

Woody

luv2plan
07-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks! That's what I thought.

I've been wanting to take the boys at the GF, but we never have the time when we are at WDW! LOL!
So, I thought this would be great to take them, but I was 95% sure they aren't allowed. Thanks again!

Happy planning!! :goodvibes

HappyontheLake
07-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Went to the Rockin' D Bar at 1pm when I got on the Dream on the 10th and got brunch with out a problem, people were even getting same day dinner reservations. Didn't realize they did the High Tea on the 5 night -- would have liked that A LOT!

llnolte
07-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Keep checking. I couldn't get brunch this morning either for our 10/16 cruise but could get high tea and dinner. Brunch just came available about 30 minutes ago for parties of 5-6, which was exactly what I needed!:goodvibes

QuiltTeddy
07-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Keep checking back. Something is bound to open up.

4HOLIDAYS
07-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the info. I am hopeful now. OK, I'm going to be checking twice as much since llnolte was able to find the high tea!, My husband already thinks I am obsessed with the brunchfor my parents.
I really want it for my parents even if only room for themand not DH and self. They couldn't get in the first time, couldn't make it last cruise and realistically I don't know how many more my Dad wil be able to do. Even this cruise is pushing i,t but he is determined to see the new ship and spend a day at the MK afterwards.
They started me and my sisters on our love of all things Disney 40 yr ago at that grand opening weekend at MK and it has been some of the best family memories. Plus it;s their 48th anniv!
I am hoping for pixie dust for them!

Ephany
07-19-2011, 09:45 PM
We just got off the Dream and there were no brunch bookings online before we cruised. However, I went up to Palo on the first day and had no problem getting a spot for yesterday morning. In fact, I'd say the restaurant was only about 1/3 full, it felt oddly empty. The waiter made a comment that seemed to imply that this happened often, perhaps due to a glitch with the online booking?

llnolte
07-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the info. I am hopeful now. OK, I'm going to be checking twice as much since llnolte was able to find the high tea!, My husband already thinks I am obsessed with the brunchfor my parents.
I really want it for my parents even if only room for themand not DH and self. They couldn't get in the first time, couldn't make it last cruise and realistically I don't know how many more my Dad wil be able to do. Even this cruise is pushing i,t but he is determined to see the new ship and spend a day at the MK afterwards.
They started me and my sisters on our love of all things Disney 40 yr ago at that grand opening weekend at MK and it has been some of the best family memories. Plus it;s their 48th anniv!
I am hoping for pixie dust for them!

Keep checking-you might not be able to get brunch yet but tea (and dinner) are available for 4 people. I was just looking and my screen is showing brunch for parties of 5-6 (there was nothing available at all when I checked in at midnight on Monday), tea for 3-4, and dinner for 1-6. Hope you can get what you want!:) I know what you mean about obsessed! Me too! I wanted brunch for my parents' 45th anniversary.

Tass
07-20-2011, 09:52 AM
We just got off the Dream and there were no brunch bookings online before we cruised. However, I went up to Palo on the first day and had no problem getting a spot for yesterday morning. In fact, I'd say the restaurant was only about 1/3 full, it felt oddly empty. The waiter made a comment that seemed to imply that this happened often, perhaps due to a glitch with the online booking?

We cruised on the Dream in May and this was our experience as well. However, I called from our stateroom right after we dropped off our luggage and was basically given my choice of times for brunch. We were given a table beside the window and the restaurant wasn't any more than 1/3 full.