PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Pre/Post cruise stay?

Dallas_Lady
07-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I would like to add 2-3 "land" nights to my 5 night cruise next summer, but I'm not sure what we should do. I'm looking for something other than going to WDW; we went this year and frankly I just can't bring myself to pay the 2 day MYW ticket prices so I think that's out. I was looking into spending a few days at the Nick Hotel, but the reviews are so mixed I'm just not sure. What about the Cocoa Beach area? Are there any nice resorts/hotels on the beach? How long does KSC take to explore? My kids love to swim, so something relaxing and centered around the beach or a great pool would be perfect.

Any ideas?

daipp
07-16-2011, 07:19 PM
We've stayed at the Radisson a few times before we cruise and they have some reasonable parking packages there as well. The kids will LOVE the pool there. :thumbsup2

Radisson-Cape Canaveral (http://www.radisson.com/cape-canaveral-hotel-fl-32920/flcocoa)

David

ssanders79
07-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Have you considered Busch Gardens here in Tampa and then if you fly just use TPA instead of MCO.

jdybnsn
07-16-2011, 07:30 PM
We stayed in the St Augustine area - the old town in St Augustine has so much to see & do...for adults and kids.

We stayed at this place ;
http://www.hammockbeach.com/

...which was a sister resort to Reunion Resort in Orlando (now under new ownership) just below St Augustine.

On the surface it looks expensive, but there are often good packages to be had especially off season and late booking !
Less than an hour from Port Canaveral / Orlando.

Absolutely wonderful resort that would rival any Disney property !

Silly Little Pixie
07-17-2011, 01:02 AM
We had a great time staying at Disney's Vero Beach Resort post-cruise in November. It was wonderful!! My DH enjoyed it more than our pre-cruise WDW stay, can you believe it? They have DVC rooms as well as regular hotel rooms. The DVC rooms can be rented as well for cash and the prices were pretty reasonable. The beach was gorgeous and the pool was great. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. :thumbsup2

Toria
07-17-2011, 01:04 AM
I would like to add 2-3 "land" nights to my 5 night cruise next summer, but I'm not sure what we should do. I'm looking for something other than going to WDW; we went this year and frankly I just can't bring myself to pay the 2 day MYW ticket prices so I think that's out. I was looking into spending a few days at the Nick Hotel, but the reviews are so mixed I'm just not sure. What about the Cocoa Beach area? Are there any nice resorts/hotels on the beach? How long does KSC take to explore? My kids love to swim, so something relaxing and centered around the beach or a great pool would be perfect.

Any ideas?

Have you tried Sea World or their new waterpark Aquatica? We love all the shows there. We were going to stay at the Nick hotel, but after reading most of the reviews I decided against it. Good luck on your decision:)

aidtrismommy
07-17-2011, 08:03 AM
We also added "land" days to our 5 night in June. We stayed at the Radisson (not sure if we would stay there again) and went to KSC. I expected it to be a museum type place, but it is much more. There are busses that take you to the launch pad and other buildings on site. It was definately a full day at least and I was not prepared for it. I think my kids were a little young for it. We will definately go back next time since I know what to expect now. We also went to Jetty Park and swam at the pool. In retrospect, I think I would have liked to get off Cocoa Beach and maybe do Sea World or something. There really aren't a lot of "resort" type places on Cocoa Beach with super nice pools since the beach is right there. We tried the Radisson, the Hilton, and Holiday Inn Express and we were dissapointed. They each had pros and cons about them. We had a great time of course and have learned a lot of what works for our family and what doesn't.