PDA

View Full Version : Changing names on reservations?

erocrobro
07-16-2011, 03:51 PM
I am planning on cruising in 2013, and have been watching continually for news about release dates for itineraries and prices that year. I plan on booking the first day they are out if I can, but I have a couple of worries about that. I know you can change dates, so that's not so worrisome. I will be booking 2 rooms for my family and my parents, but if something should happen between the time I book and the time we actually sail, can one room be transferred to another family member. In case something happens and my parents cannot go, will we be able to change that reservation to another name?

lbgraves
07-16-2011, 06:52 PM
If your parents are the only ones in the room and they both cancel, then another family member will not be able to get that same room at the same rate you booked it at on opening day. At least one person on the original reservation needs to actually be on the cruise.

Is this a matter of you need someone else in your family to cruise so you have two rooms to fit all the kids in? If so, then I would book one of the adults in your family in each room as the lead name in that room. You would then be able to do a NAME CHANGE to switch out your parents with two others if they should cancel. Once you get on board, GS can give you a card to the room that you will actually be sleeping in.

erocrobro
07-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks! I tried looking for it on the Disney site, but I couldn't find it.