PDA

View Full Version : Tonight we meet to plan our trip!

Teresa Pitman
07-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Tonight I'm having dinner with my second son, his girlfriend, his girlfriend's mother, his girlfriend's sister, and the girlfriend's sister's boyfriend. We are going to plan our trip to WDW!

Our tentative plan is to arrive on October 31, go to the Halloween party on November 1st (I LOVE the Halloween party), and stay for a week. We're all making our lists of places we want to eat and things we want to do and we hope to have a complete schedule by the end of tonight so we can get everything booked.

My son actually met this girlfriend (and I just love her too) while they were both working at Le Cellier, on Disney's International Program. (My other son met his fiancee the same way, so if you have any unattached children you are hoping will find partners - see if you can get them to apply for the program; it certainly worked for us!) Her mother and sister, like me, LOVE Disney. So we are anticipating a great trip!

And I also have my second cruise booked for March 2012, on the Dream once again. I always feel better when I have a Disney trip or two to look forward to...

Teresa

hockey mom
07-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Met at LeCellier- how romantic.

We will just miss your group by 2 days. we come home on the 29th. Have a great trip.

iluveeyore
07-18-2011, 09:51 AM
We'll be there the 24th-4th - happy planning! I've been trying to get my son and his girlfriend to do the International Program as well! I know my daughter wants to do it when she's done high school.

Teresa Pitman
07-18-2011, 10:10 AM
The planning meeting went very well! We definitely have lots of ideas about what we want to do and where we want to eat. It looks like we are going to stay at POFQ, and we are planning to eat at Le Cellier, Tusker House, Sanaa, California Grill, Brown Derby, Rose & Crown and Artist's Point. I know, lots of pricey meals! We try to balance it out by eating breakfasts in our room with muffins and oatmeal brought from home.

Teresa

Tigger i luv DISNEY
07-21-2011, 02:18 PM
I would have loved to do this program as well... however being a Canadian they wouldn't let me apply! I don't get to Disney as much as I would like but I still love it just as much. Congrats on your trip planning you will have a great time!

Teresa Pitman
07-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Lisa, as a Canadian you have to apply to the International Program. My boys are Canadian, too. You work at the Canada pavilion in Epcot. It is a GREAT program, they loved their year in Disney (although they had some complaints about housing...).

If you are seriously interested I'd be happy to tell you more.

Teresa