PDA

View Full Version : Does it make sense to ...

ewerstruly
07-15-2011, 10:14 PM
I have to be paid in full soon for our Dream cruise, and I have booked both pre and post cruise Disney resort rooms directly through DCL. Does it make sense for me to remove those room only reservations before i pay in full - which are for rack rate - and book the same rooms and rates through Disney World directly in hopes of there being some sort of Fall discount that can still be applied between now and the cruise date in Oct? We also booked through DCL transportation from and to these resorts before and after the cruise. I suppose I'd leave that as is. Any input would be great. Thanks.

ruadisneyfan2
07-16-2011, 08:05 AM
I have to be paid in full soon for our Dream cruise, and I have booked both pre and post cruise Disney resort rooms directly through DCL. Does it make sense for me to remove those room only reservations before i pay in full - which are for rack rate - and book the same rooms and rates through Disney World directly in hopes of there being some sort of Fall discount that can still be applied between now and the cruise date in Oct? We also booked through DCL transportation from and to these resorts before and after the cruise. I suppose I'd leave that as is. Any input would be great. Thanks.

I would book the room-only reservations separately. The ground transfers are part of the cruise reservation so if you still want them, keep them on. They can be added/dropped up to 1 week prior to sailing, fyi.
Keeping the room res separate would make it easier to make any changes, imo, if a special should come out. Honestly though I've never done it so I can't say from experience. Maybe someone can shed some light on that aspect. I would call DCL and ask if the resort portion of your trip has the same cancellation policy as if you booked it separately.
Why be stuck with rack rate if a discount comes out soon?

mmouse37
07-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Personally, I would never book the pre or post days at WDW through DCL. As you said they are rack rate and no real benefit.

By booking WDW and DCL separately you can take advantage of any promos or room only discount codes that become available for WDW rooms. Much more flexibility.

As mentioned you can always add/delete the DCL transfers to you cruise reservation.

MJ

ewerstruly
07-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Thank you. We're first timers to both cruising and Disney resorts and are learning as we go. There are no Fall discounts out yet, but here's hoping there will be before the cruise! Thanks again.