PDA

View Full Version : Question for Recent Alaska cruisers

MassDisLovers
07-14-2011, 06:59 AM
We received an e-mail from AirCanada stating that they have changed our 12:30 pm flight (after the cruise) to an 11:25 am flight. I called and it is not possible to be changed without missing the final connection of the day (in Toronto or Montreal) to Boston. We do not want to stay another night in Vancouver in order to take an early morning flight the following day.

My question is - what time have recent AK cruisers been able to get off the ship? I know from experience that in Florida it would be reasonable to assume that we would be able to be off early - 8:00 am or so- but am not familiar with the disembarking procedures in Vancouver. I'd appreciate any thoughts/comments anyone has.

smb6
07-14-2011, 07:53 AM
We received an e-mail from AirCanada stating that they have changed our 12:30 pm flight (after the cruise) to an 11:25 am flight. I called and it is not possible to be changed without missing the final connection of the day (in Toronto or Montreal) to Boston. We do not want to stay another night in Vancouver in order to take an early morning flight the following day.

My question is - what time have recent AK cruisers been able to get off the ship? I know from experience that in Florida it would be reasonable to assume that we would be able to be off early - 8:00 am or so- but am not familiar with the disembarking procedures in Vancouver. I'd appreciate any thoughts/comments anyone has.

We were on the 5/31 sailing. We had an 11:30am flight and made it just find- with plenty of time to spare. We used DCL transfers. We had the option of getting of the ship earliest by carrying our own luggage off. These people started leaving about 7:30am. We had the earliest (chip and dale) luggage tags to be called- DCL gave us the earliest time based on the fact we had an early flight; so make sure they have your flight info and they will do the same for you. We did the 7:15am breakfast and finished up about 8:15am. We were told our luggage tags would be called about 7:45am. But when we finished breakfast they were still only allowing people with their own luggage off the ship. It was almost 8:30am when they called our luggage tags to exit and since we were standing at the exit, we were among the first off once called. We went through customs, grabbed our luggage, and boarded the DCL bus all very quickly. I can't remember exactly what time we got to the airport, but it was about 9am. The line for security check was not crazy long, but not short either.... even with all that - we were at our gate by 10:30am.... and that included going through customs!

MassDisLovers
07-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the info. We have DCL transfers too, so I will go to Guest Services when we board and update our flight info. I feel better, and I am going to TRY not to worry about this during the cruise! ;)