PDA

View Full Version : Frito Lay Alliance

MikeScott8
10-10-2002, 09:26 AM
The Walt Disney Company and Frito-Lay Form Multi-Year Strategic Alliance

see Press release Here (http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/021010/100085_1.html)

Mike

Sarangel
10-10-2002, 10:27 AM
I don't mind Frito-Lay having a monopoly on the snack front, but I worry about the sponsorship part... Must everything be sponsored by someone else these days? Before long, we'll have a park that resembles a Nascar.

Sarangel

WDSearcher
10-10-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Sarangel
I don't mind Frito-Lay having a monopoly on the snack front, but I worry about the sponsorship part... Must everything be sponsored by someone else these days? Before long, we'll have a park that resembles a Nascar.

Sarangel
Even in Walt's day at Disneyland, as many rides and attractions as possible were sponsored. Monsanto, GE, Kodak, etc ... all big-time sponsors of attractions from way back. Walt even had sponsors of his original World's Fair attractions -- because they were done for specific pavilions.

:earsboy:

KNWVIKING
10-10-2002, 12:33 PM
We took the "Walk in Walt's footsteps" tour at DL in Sept. The guide explained that on Mainstreet, Walt had leased out the buildings to various business. You could buy car insurance on mainstreet if you wanted to.

What's kinda interesting is that Coke is the official beverage and Frito Lay is a division of Pepsico.

Werner Weiss
10-10-2002, 07:20 PM
Bring back Casa de Fritos (http://www.yesterland.com/casafritos.html) at Disneyland!

doubletrouble_vb
10-13-2002, 12:08 AM
Unless they do it properly this is the quick path to looking like Six Flags. Ice Station Cool is pretty borderline (much as I love it).

jgates
10-13-2002, 01:04 AM
I'm just crossing my fingers for some contests by Frito with Disney trips/merchandise as prizes to promote the alliance.

Figmentrocks
10-13-2002, 01:38 AM
Cracker Jack Field.. that's really lame. :) It's really a bit pathetic that Disney is making all of these alliances.. They act as though they need to do so to survive and bring more "GREAT BRANDS" together for the public to see. It's too bad that the kids don't even get the cute Disney packaged chips with their meals at Disney now, it's gotta be Frito-Lay.

HorizonsFan
10-13-2002, 08:58 AM
Cracker Jack Field.. that's really lame.
That's funny, I was just thinking that it was very appropriate. You know, "Take me out to the ballgame... Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks..."
BTW, what did the name of the field used to be? ;)

Werner Weiss
10-13-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by HorizonsFan
BTW, what did the name of the field used to be?
According to the baseball stadium's official Web site (http://dwws.disney.go.com/wideworldofsports/venues/venueonlyindex?id=VENUBaseballStadiumVenu), the old name is Disney's Wide World of Sports® Baseball Stadium.

I like the name Cracker Jack field better.

Carnotaurus
10-13-2002, 09:41 PM
i can't remember ... isn't disney losing a few big sponsorships?

Testtrack321
10-13-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Carnotaurus
i can't remember ... isn't disney losing a few big sponsorships?

Montisario (sp?) is dropping Innoventions (around 4 mill) and American Express is going the way of the dodo. National is being absorbed by Alamo.

Carnotaurus
10-13-2002, 11:28 PM
thanks.

KNWVIKING
10-14-2002, 08:22 AM
.... Huge Pepsi banner behind homeplate- not Coke - when the Angels were playing at home.