PDA

View Full Version : Photobook of Our Trip on the Disney Dream

gatorgirl98
07-14-2011, 01:57 AM
We were on a recent 5 night Double Dip on the Disney Dream (July 5 - 10). Shutterfly was offering a great deal on their 12x12 books when we got home so I made one from our trip pictures! :)

Our Trip on the Disney Dream (http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaM2bFmzatWLEPg)

Disney Dreams
07-14-2011, 02:06 AM
WOW! Fantastic book! Thank you for sharing!

I take sooooooo many pictures and have never done a Shutterfly book because I just never really knew how they turn out in the tangible form.

Are you happy with the quality of the pages? The photos?

Does it turn out like a nice quality book when you are holding it in your hands?

Your fabulous book has tempted me!

Thanks for sharing and for any additional info regarding the above
Dreams

gatorgirl98
07-14-2011, 02:16 AM
WOW! Fantastic book! Thank you for sharing!

I take sooooooo many pictures and have never done a Shutterfly book because I just never really knew how they turn out in the tangible form.

Are you happy with the quality of the pages? The photos?

Does it turn out like a nice quality book when you are holding it in your hands?

Your fabulous book has tempted me!

Thanks for sharing and for any additional info regarding the above
Dreams

I LOVE Shutterfly's books!!! My girls just turned 4 and I have done a book for each one of them for each year of their life. I really like the 12 x 12 books, so I always do those. The books are great quality and as long as your pictures are not too low of a resolution, the pictures always look great!!!

They have a new "custom path" that you can do with the books. This is the way I have done my last two books......it allows you to move text boxes and pictures around, add text boxes and pictures, and add embellishments (stickers). You can choose your fonts, colors, frames around pictures, backgrounds, layouts, etc.

They have a gallery of books that you can search through to get additional ideas!!!

jtlover
07-14-2011, 02:29 AM
That is a great idea and I love your creation

Dizzyworld
07-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Great books. Looks like all of you had a fun time packed with lots of activities.

scooter7487
07-14-2011, 06:10 AM
:sad2: my iPad won't let me see :(

fishhooks
07-14-2011, 06:34 AM
What a great memory book... Did you order the cd from the cruise or are these all your pictures?

Momtotwogirls
07-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Love how your book came out! I agree, the Shutterfly book are fantastic quality (12 X 12 is the best). I just made one for my in-laws for their anniversary trip and they loved it. Thanks for sharing!

1153rsmith
07-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Great book.... I can't wait for our September trip. Did you order the Shutters CD for some of these pictures?

gatorgirl98
07-14-2011, 09:31 AM
What a great memory book... Did you order the cd from the cruise or are these all your pictures?

Great book.... I can't wait for our September trip. Did you order the Shutters CD for some of these pictures?

Thank you!

I did order the CD because we had SO many pictures on it, but most of the pictures in the book are pics that I took!

gatorgirl98
07-14-2011, 09:31 AM
:sad2: my iPad won't let me see :(

Sorry..... It needs Flash to see the shared version.

MichelleVW
07-14-2011, 09:37 AM
I love Shutterfly books!! :thumbsup2 I have started making a 12x12 book every year. So far I have 2007-2010 done, I'm still working on 2004-2006. They are such great quality and such a great way to share photos. I use the custom path too. I made one for my mom for Christmas of our extended family Disney trip we took last year, she loved it!

OP, your book is awesome!!!

ChristineandLiv
07-14-2011, 09:44 AM
I love it! Was Lita your stateroom hostess? I have a pic of her with my daughter from our May trip. I made my book through Creative Memories, but still have to order it. That will be done this weekend!

gatorgirl98
07-14-2011, 10:13 AM
I love it! Was Lita your stateroom hostess? I have a pic of her with my daughter from our May trip. I made my book through Creative Memories, but still have to order it. That will be done this weekend!

She was!!! We loved her!

Smith70592
07-14-2011, 10:54 AM
you have a great smile in the pics...

peachygreen
07-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Nice job!

I love Shutterfly Photobooks. We have a a bunch of them. The quality is great and it is so much nicer than a photoalbum or a scrapbook, nothing falls out or fades etc and they take much much less room.

pjstevens
07-14-2011, 11:21 AM
We were on a recent 5 night Double Dip on the Disney Dream (July 5 - 10). Shutterfly was offering a great deal on their 12x12 books when we got home so I made one from our trip pictures! :)

Our Trip on the Disney Dream (http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaM2bFmzatWLEPg)

Great job Amy, that came out wonderful. I'm so behind in my scrap booking that I may look into this after we return from the Dream in September.

gfolchick
07-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks for sharing. I've been using Snapfish for my photobooks, but I like the Custom Path that you were able to do. I'll have to check it out next month when we're back from our Dream cruise...

Just wanted to say I loved all the girls dresses! Very cute!

wdwpirates
07-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Fabulous book!!! I love it!!!!

4HOLIDAYS
07-14-2011, 12:29 PM
The book is great! I was thinking of doing these instead od traditional scrapbooks this coming trip and now I will for sure!

ChristineandLiv
07-14-2011, 12:59 PM
She was!!! We loved her!

We did too! She even came in the room and taught my daughter how to make one of the towel animals.

steves100
07-14-2011, 02:00 PM
How long was the wait for the character pictures, I have been reading horror stories. : (

E&Cmom
07-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Great job!!! I love it.

I love Shutterfly. I have made a few books. I actually just started my book from our May Alaskan Cruise yesterday.

Nikki'sMommy
07-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Adorable..thanks for sharing.

tink,too
07-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Fantastic - thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

SSRJen
07-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Wow, that was fast! I was on the same cruise and haven't even transferred my photos to my computer yet! I always do digital scrapbooks so easy and clean looking!

floydfamily4
07-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Great job!! So cute and it looks like you all had a blast:cool1: I am also a twin mommy (b/g 6) so congrats on finding the time to put together such a cool piece of memorabilia :thumbsup2

jamie@dvcstore
07-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Hi gatorgirl98,
Your book is fantastic. You have lots of wonderful pictures and looks like you had a great time. :goodvibes I love the Shutterfly books.:lovestruc Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup2

DREAM WAVES
07-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Your book is wonderful! So you wanna do mine now???? :rotfl: We cruised in May & I still have not finished. Just curious the pages you have with lots & lots of pictures are they very clear and easy to see? As I am putting my book together some pages I worry it might look crowded or you might not be able to actually see facial expressions.

ukintheus
07-14-2011, 06:55 PM
What a great book! I've only used Shutterfly for calendars but your book looks great. We were on this cruise and saw Anson, your server, from our previous cruise on the Magic - he was great - we would have loved to have had him as our server but didn't realize he'd moved to the Dream. Maybe next time. :rotfl2:

dawne98
07-14-2011, 07:26 PM
great job...your DD's are just tooo cute

Mom2PrincessesLinSy
07-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Digital makes it so quick and easy, doesn't it?

Of course, I still have far too much paper, and stickers to go completely digital, but it does make great scrapbooks!

nikicares
07-14-2011, 09:21 PM
I love your book!

I do our family trips/daughters events books as well. But I use Mixbook.com, and they are wonderful as well :thumbsup2

mydisneyboys
07-14-2011, 10:50 PM
I love your book! What kind of camera do you have? Your photos turned out just as good or better than the professional ones Disney took- you can't tell the difference. Looks like you had a great time.
Debbie

gatorgirl98
07-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Thanks everyone!! :)

I love your book! What kind of camera do you have? Your photos turned out just as good or better than the professional ones Disney took- you can't tell the difference. Looks like you had a great time.
Debbie

Thank you!!! I used my Canon Powershot S95 (it takes really good shots in low light) on the cruise......I didn't want to haul around my big Canon Rebel.

great job...your DD's are just tooo cute

Thank you!!!

Digital makes it so quick and easy, doesn't it?

Of course, I still have far too much paper, and stickers to go completely digital, but it does make great scrapbooks!

I have never done the paper scrapbooks, but I love the digital ones!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing. I've been using Snapfish for my photobooks, but I like the Custom Path that you were able to do. I'll have to check it out next month when we're back from our Dream cruise...

Just wanted to say I loved all the girls dresses! Very cute!

Thanks!!! They love to be little princesses!!! :cloud9:

We did too! She even came in the room and taught my daughter how to make one of the towel animals.

That was so sweet of her!!! She really treated our girls like princesses! They looked for her everytime we were in the hall! What room were you in?

How long was the wait for the character pictures, I have been reading horror stories. : (

The longest lines that I saw were for the princess gathering. That line gets really long.......the key to not waiting in it for too long is to send someone down 30 -45 minutes before it starts. My dh went down about 30 minutes before it started and we were about 30th in line. The other lines for characters were not bad at all - 10-15 minutes tops, but sometimes not wait depending on where the characters were. I have waited in far longer lines at WDW to see the characters.

Wow, that was fast! I was on the same cruise and haven't even transferred my photos to my computer yet! I always do digital scrapbooks so easy and clean looking!

Too funny!! I wanted to take advantage of the great deal from Shutterfly....it was 50% off a 12 x 12 photobook. I paid $35 for the book and it should have cost me $83 if I did not have the 50% off and free shipping!!! :banana:

Great job!! So cute and it looks like you all had a blast:cool1: I am also a twin mommy (b/g 6) so congrats on finding the time to put together such a cool piece of memorabilia :thumbsup2

Thank you!! I know what you mean about finding the time!!! :lol: I tend to do a lot of my stuff after they go to bed at night or I wouldn't get anything done!

Your book is wonderful! So you wanna do mine now???? :rotfl: We cruised in May & I still have not finished. Just curious the pages you have with lots & lots of pictures are they very clear and easy to see? As I am putting my book together some pages I worry it might look crowded or you might not be able to actually see facial expressions.

I have been doing books on Shutterfly for 4 years now and I think the pictures turn out great. I have a hard time choosing which pics to add, so I tend to put LOTS of pictures on a page! Of course the pictures are much smaller on those "collage" pages, but I haven't ever found it difficult or overwhelming to see what was happening in each pic.......I have always done 12 x 12 books, so it may be different on a smaller book!! Good luck on doing yours!!!

What a great book! I've only used Shutterfly for calendars but your book looks great. We were on this cruise and saw Anson, your server, from our previous cruise on the Magic - he was great - we would have loved to have had him as our server but didn't realize he'd moved to the Dream. Maybe next time. :rotfl2:

We loved Anson!!! He was so great with our girls.....he was kind of like a kid himself!!! They adored him!!! :cloud9: I wish he would go back to the Magic.....we are sailing on it in March! I would love to have him again!!!!

cass'mom
07-14-2011, 11:13 PM
What a wonderful memory book! I loved the back cover as well! You have a beautiful family!

1princess1prince
07-15-2011, 07:10 AM

We just got off a 5 day 6/26-7/1 and I just finished my book - I used the same picture on the cover, first page and back cover - too funny - I thought I was looking at my book :) -
Great book - looks like lots of fun!!

sherreis
07-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Great job! It is motivating me that when I get back from our Dream cruise next month to to do it myself. I am so far behind in scrapbooking.

Thanks for sharing!

cctimmom
07-22-2011, 12:00 AM
thank you for sharing! I love making my Shutterfly books... I have never done the new custom path -- they unveiled it just as I was starting my latest RCCL Oasis of the Seas book. I'm too invested in it to go back and start fresh, but I can't wait to do my October Disney Dream one!

Harlemgirl720
07-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks for sharing. That was genious. I have to do that for our New Years Cruise.

scootch
07-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Cute book. Really like the Pirate page. My disney Dream shutterfly book ended up being 70 pages long, lol.... we did B2B cruises and CC and the Bahama's are just so beautiful! Shutterfly does great printing too for anyone looking to do one. You can also save your work and wait for a code to come along as they have frequent sales before you purchase it.:thumbsup2

ruadisneyfan2
07-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Awesome job!! Thanks for sharing. This really motivates me to do one.:thumbsup2

ukintheus
07-22-2011, 10:42 AM
We loved Anson!!! He was so great with our girls.....he was kind of like a kid himself!!! They adored him!!! :cloud9: I wish he would go back to the Magic.....we are sailing on it in March! I would love to have him again!!!!

He really is an awesome server. I asked him where he was going next, they are reassigning him to the Fantasy when it launches. We have requested him as our server on our 5/5/12 sailing, so fingers crossed. :yay: He told us he had two little girls that wanted to write his name on the tablecloth, so he told them to do it in crayon so it would wash out...then our last breakfast his name was on OUR tablecloth - LOL I guess it didn't wash out so easy after all....was that your little girls?? :lmao:

gatorgirl98
07-22-2011, 11:10 AM
He really is an awesome server. I asked him where he was going next, they are reassigning him to the Fantasy when it launches. We have requested him as our server on our 5/5/12 sailing, so fingers crossed. :yay: He told us he had two little girls that wanted to write his name on the tablecloth, so he told them to do it in crayon so it would wash out...then our last breakfast his name was on OUR tablecloth - LOL I guess it didn't wash out so easy after all....was that your little girls?? :lmao:

It was!!!! :rotfl2:

gatorgirl98
07-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Cute book. Really like the Pirate page. My disney Dream shutterfly book ended up being 70 pages long, lol.... we did B2B cruises and CC and the Bahama's are just so beautiful! Shutterfly does great printing too for anyone looking to do one. You can also save your work and wait for a code to come along as they have frequent sales before you purchase it.:thumbsup2

This is what I do too!!! The last several books I have made, I have gotten 50% off!!! :cheer2:

DisGal520
07-22-2011, 11:23 AM
OP - you book is lovely.

Has anyone used Snapfish Disney templates to do a book?

ukintheus
07-22-2011, 11:47 AM
It was!!!! :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2 :rotfl2: Funny!

Silly Little Pixie
07-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Gatorgirl, I loved your book!! I have made Shutterfly 12x12 books in the past but before they had the custom path. Yours turned out great! I think I'll do our last cruise using that. I too am WAY behind in scrapbooking!

Mimarian
07-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Great book. We just did our first Shutterfly book and loved it.