PDA

View Full Version : Prices of Elemis products in the spa

son3disfan
07-13-2011, 10:22 PM
I sampled the Elemis products in the spa washroom after a treatment.
Loved them.
Didnt have time to go back to The spa and check prices.

I loved them so much I bought them online when I got home, from time to spa . Com

But the shipping and duties to Canada were quite steep.

Anyone purchase onboard and care to give an idea of prices?
I am looking for cleanser, toner prices.

Thanks so much!

luvdamouse91
07-14-2011, 07:05 AM
I can't help you with prices, but I find them at a good price on E-Bay.

Gigi22
07-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Loved them.

I loved them so much I bought them online when I got home, from time to spa . Com

Thanks so much!

It's been years since I purchased Elemis products onboard a ship. As I recall, their prices were comparable to those of a luxury dept. store higher end cosmetics line (think Chanel for comparison purposes). Not surprised that the shipping and duty fees to Canada were substantial. We can really get whacked with shipping and duty on imported products in Canada. Not sure it would be much different if you ordered from Ebay (or similar)--you can be hit with a very high shipping and duty rate there too.
Ever since the institution of the 3 oz. rule for carry on liquids, I have placed a moratorium on purchasing any cosmetics onboard--and that is what I tell the spa staff too. Just can be bothered with the hassle. It saves me $$ and the aggravation of packing them up in my checked luggage.

Tozzie
07-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Loved them.

Thanks so much!

The prices on board are the same as the prices on the time to spa website

son3disfan
07-14-2011, 08:44 AM
It's been years since I purchased Elemis products onboard a ship. As I recall, their prices were comparable to those of a luxury dept. store higher end cosmetics line (think Chanel for comparison purposes). Not surprised that the shipping and duty fees to Canada were substantial. We can really get whacked with shipping and duty on imported products in Canada. Not sure it would be much different if you ordered from Ebay (or similar)--you can be hit with a very high shipping and duty rate there too.
Ever since the institution of the 3 oz. rule for carry on liquids, I have placed a moratorium on purchasing any cosmetics onboard--and that is what I tell the spa staff too. Just can be bothered with the hassle. It saves me $$ and the aggravation of packing them up in my checked luggage.

Thanks for the reply...

Just wanted a comparison to onboard prices.
The reason I ask is I need more Product soon.
I thought maybe I will just by enough nowto get by until the cruise....
Or should I stock up......

I will be paying over $50 in shipping and tax and fees on a $ 120 purchase.
But if the prices are really inflated on the ship, I guess it works out to the same. You know what I mean?

Online had a sale on too. Oh what to do.....
I hate paying too much for things by not being informed!

son3disfan
07-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Oh, and eBay had products from hong kong and UK.

YIKES ! imagine that shipping!

flexsmom
07-14-2011, 08:53 AM
I stock up on board, too, to avoid tax and shipping, although occasionally there will be a no-shipping special on-line.