PDA

View Full Version : Reviews of Alaska port adventures

narsibvl
07-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Guys

Is there a thread on review of Alaska port adventures ? I am thinking of booking for 2012, prices are way too high. Here are my concerns,

1. What is there for a 7 year old and 4 year old to do in terms of port adventures ? We are what I might consider moderately if not mild adventure types so no active adventures for us.

2. Also the food, how vastly different is the Alaskan menus from the regular carribean ones ? Wife is a pure vegetarian, so is my dd. Dh and I make do with meat and chicken but not big on sea food.

3. Is a verandah a must for alaska ? The prices are over the roof...but very tempted.

GrumpyBelle
07-13-2011, 08:50 PM
We cruise to Alaska August 23rd.

Here is the link to shore excursion reviews from returning cruisers.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2723087

It seems as if there are a variety of activities to suit many needs and interests. Booked through DCL, they are very pricey. I have been researching and found that booking directly through the companies or doing them on your own, you can save tons of $$$.

I also don't do seafood. I don't know how different the menus will be, but I am sure I will find something to enjoy on the menu.

As far as a veranda goes, I don't know if it is necessary for everyone, but as far as I am concerned, it is always a necessity. IMO, this is one cruise if you don't usually book a veranda and can swing it, I would. I think it will be nice on Tracy Arm day to be able just to step inside my own cabin to warm up.