PDA

View Full Version : Castaway Cay- sand toys/water shoes/Towels

Thumper43
07-13-2011, 01:48 PM
I heard you can rent sand toys on Castaway Cay? Is that true? Did anyone do this? Did your kids like this?

Also, do you suggest those water shoes/socks for the beach?

Ohh, and do you take your own towels to the beach or does Disney supply them on Castaway Cay? Should you just take your room towels?

THANK YOU!!!!

aidtrismommy
07-13-2011, 03:15 PM
To my knowledge, there aren't sand toy rentals. You can buy sand toys at CC and rent equipment like flippers, snorkels, rafts, etc. We brought our own sand toys from home. You can wear water shoes if you want. One of my kids did, the other refused to. I didn't wear any either. Towels are available after you exit the ship and are walking towards the trams.

1983disneykid
07-13-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't think you can rent them either. If you have space, you'll save $ buying them cheap and bringing them from home. You can always leave them and get more souvenir room.

This was the first time I didn't bring my watershoes and wished I had. The beach near Pelican Plunge was really rocky and Serenity Bay had lots of barnacle-type things.

I would just use the towels they give you. My dad left one of his favorite towels on CC once so we avoid bringing anything we don't have to.

1153rsmith
07-13-2011, 03:53 PM
We are planning on water shoes because I read on another thread of some folks getting cut on some shell fragments or rocks in the water. I don't want to risk damaging our feet because we are headed to WDW after the cruise.

GrumpyBelle
07-13-2011, 04:59 PM
You can buy sand toys at CC--nothing to rent to my knowledge.

I would definitely recommend water shoes as a pp mentioned there are a variety of barnacle-type creatures and rocks that make up the ocean floor. No need to risk getting stung or injured on those.

Towels are handed out as you debark the ship. No need to bring the towels from your room.

mattmommy
07-13-2011, 05:11 PM
I would buy cheap sand toys and have them make a one way trip (save room for souvenirs).

Definitely need shoes or sneakers (closed in for little ones). There are some shells and things on the beach.

Use Disney's towels.