PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a Prepaid simcard INSIDE Disneyworld

DisTROYed
07-13-2011, 12:14 PM
hello folks, iv been reading similar threads like these from Battymum, goofieslonglostsis. etc etc... & it seem im still not satisfied with the infos that im looking for so i hope you guys can help me out & thanks for your understanding.

so my family & i are going to Disneyworld Florida this year for just a week & for me communication on our whereabouts are very important on a big Resort. all we need is just SMS & local calls that's it & nothing else. we just need 2 prepaid sims coz we will be bringing our 2 openline phones. we also dont have any transportation such as rental car so from the airport we go directly to Disneyworld.

here are my questions:
1. where exactly can i buy a prepaid simcard inside the Disneyworld resort?
2. if there none available, is it available in the airport?
3. what mobile carrier is the cheapest & you would recommend?

thank you & have a nice day!:)

KeroKero
07-14-2011, 12:24 PM
I've been wondering the same thing and have been unable to get a reply ... any help would be greatly appreciated!

GrtWtNorth
07-14-2011, 02:28 PM
You might be able to buy one online and have it shipped to your resort, so it will be there waiting for you when you check in.

I asked about top-up cards a few months ago -- the general concensus was that if it wasn't available in a Disney gift shop, your best bet was a Hess gas station (DTD or at Swan/Dolphin), or somewhere off property. I expect that SIM cards are available in the same places.

Baltica
07-14-2011, 08:23 PM
I've had great luck in purchasing inexpensive, unused AT&T SIM cards on eBay and using them in an unlocked GSM phone I have lying around. I have the cards sent right to my home.

Then a week or so before I leave for the U.S. I set myself up online with AT&T's prepaid phone service, usually using the address of the resort I'm staying at. I get a local number to where I'm vacationing but nationwide phoning is all the same price. They have a few different pay-as-you-go plans so you should be able to find something that fits your calling and texting habits.

You can add to your balance online or directly through the phone.