PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Caribbean vs MR at Thanksgiving

bunny
07-13-2011, 12:22 PM
We currently have two cruises booked and can't choose between them. We initially booked a balcony on the Wonder at Thanksgiving when the kids sail free offer was announced. My husband is worried about sailing to Mexico and booked us on the Magic going to the eastern Caribbean on the same date. The Magic was more expensive and all he could book was an inside guaranty. We live in Pennsylvania so Florida is definitely easier to travel to, but we have a ton of frequent flyer miles and could use them for either location so airfare is free. Can anyone help us decide? Is the weather better at one location for that time period? We are more active excursions types than lay on the beach types, so I am a little concerned with the offerings in the Caribbean.

crafty91
07-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Our family of four just did the MR in March of this year for the first time. While it was nice and we certainly enjoy DCL we wouldn't choose to do the MR again. Being from NC the trip is MUCH easier to go to Florida for us. I enjoy the destination in the Caribbean better as well. Excursion are what you make of them and we are active types as well but there are some good active choices on the Caribbean cruises. Mind you we didn't hate the MR it was just a long way to travel for time changes, fairly chilly weather (until you hit Mexico), and pretty much the same beach "feeling" we can get closer to home if that makes sense. You won't go wrong with either choice but I wouldn't base it all on the excursions. You don't mention whether you have been to the Caribbean before and I'd say if not you should try it first. Also routines and information are well documented for trips leaving from FL not as much from CA as far as DCL goes.