PDA

View Full Version : I am nuts.....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR.

Pages : [1] 2

BelleTinkMom
07-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Welcome to my TR, finally. I hate when life gets in the way of Disney.

We had a very interesting trip. For those of you who donít know us, let me start by introducing my family:

There is myself, Jaime, I am a 33 year old working mom of 2 sweet girls. I love all things Disney and LSU Tigers football. I am always trying to lose weight. LOL! My Disney favorites are Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, and the Festival of the Lion King show.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/0152.jpg

My DH of 12 years is Shannon. He works very hard for us to be able to enjoy all the things we like to do, especially going to Disney. He is also a big LSU football fan. His Disney favorites are Rockin Roller Coaster, and anything else we like. You will see this is a habit of his, whatever we want, heís ok with. Sometimes this is good and sometimes itís bad!

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Shannon.jpg

Oldest DD, Jaden is almost 11. Wow, she is growing up so fast. She will be going to the 6th grade when school starts again, which she is actually looking forward to going to middle school. She is in love with Justin Bieber right now and loves dancing. She is on a competition dance team at her dance studio. Her Disney favorites are Rockin Roller Coaster, Splash Mountain, and her newest is Space Mountain.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/827.jpg

Baby DD, Madison or Madi is 6. She is going to the 1st grade and not looking forward to it. She is also a dancer. She likes to swim and Justin Bieber. Her Disney favorites are Mad Tea Party, Carousel of Progress and Itís a Small World. She does not like any thrill rides.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/063-1.jpg

This trip we also brought along my Father-in-Law Carl and Mother-in-Law Gail. This was their first trip to Disney and I think it was their last. They are not much into spending a whole lot of time with the kids. So I knew this trip was going to be challenging. As we were planning the trip, I was a little concerned about MIL walking so much at Disney, she is sorta a big person. She said she has no trouble walking because they go to Vegas once a year and she walks up and down the strip all day with no problem. Remember I said this. Also, she likes to drink beer and alcohol and she wanted to know where she would be able to buy beer or alcohol at the hotel and at each park.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/CarlGail.jpg

So thereís the who, up next the when and whereÖ..

kthshh
07-13-2011, 04:53 AM
I'm in and looking forward to the interesting in-law story.

dort
07-13-2011, 05:47 AM
:rolleyes:uh oh i'm here joining along to hear how things went. Hope everything turned out good and everyone had a great time.

OceanAnnie
07-13-2011, 05:52 AM
I'm in. It sounds like there may be some drama afoot.

disneylovin24
07-13-2011, 06:10 AM
Can't wait to read it!

Looks like some "interesting" things might happen!

twinkles
07-13-2011, 06:20 AM
Count me in::yes:: We are taking our in-laws next year, so maybe I can get some pointers!

petals
07-13-2011, 06:44 AM
joining in

ChattaAlley
07-13-2011, 07:31 AM
This should be interesting...LOL. Cute girls.

leslie826
07-13-2011, 08:22 AM
That photo of your in-laws does not make them look like the most fun-loving duo. :lmao: Looking forward to the report!

Donald Duck888
07-13-2011, 10:53 AM
From the sound of it this sounds like it is going to be an interesting TR to follow along with. :)

I am looking forward to reading along.:woohoo:

BelleTinkMom
07-13-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm in and looking forward to the interesting in-law story.

:welcome: It gets interesting later in the trip.

:rolleyes:uh oh i'm here joining along to hear how things went. Hope everything turned out good and everyone had a great time.

:welcome: In the end, we had a great time, not sure about the in-laws

I'm in. It sounds like there may be some drama afoot.

:welcome:

Can't wait to read it!

Looks like some "interesting" things might happen!

:welcome: "interesting" is a good description.

Count me in::yes:: We are taking our in-laws next year, so maybe I can get some pointers!

joining in

This should be interesting...LOL. Cute girls.

:welcome: Thanks.

That photo of your in-laws does not make them look like the most fun-loving duo. :lmao: Looking forward to the report!

:welcome: they are fun as long as they are with adults and alcohol is involved! :eek:

From the sound of it this sounds like it is going to be an interesting TR to follow along with. :)

I am looking forward to reading along.:woohoo:

Thanks everyone for joining me on this adventure. And what an adventure it was.

ZFamily5
07-13-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm in too! :thumbsup2

BelleTinkMom
07-13-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm in too! :thumbsup2

kenaiwitch
07-14-2011, 07:07 AM
I'm in sounds like a fun trip:eek:

Grumpy's Wife
07-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Great start...(from another LSU fan).

okw19
07-14-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm in!! popcorn::

mickeystoontown
07-14-2011, 02:58 PM
I had no idea you had started the report until I saw it in your signature on Jen's report. I'm going back to see what I've missed so far.

mickeystoontown
07-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Well, I'm back....thank goodness I wasn't too far behind and only missed the intros. I'm looking forward to hearing about how the in-laws did. You may recall that we took my mother with us last year (and this year too) and it's definitely a challenge.

princess isabella
07-14-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm in. I'm taking my daughter for the first time and my parents are tagging along. I'm a little worried about all this together time. :lmao:

I can't wait to hear about your experiences! popcorn::

Queenofallthings
07-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Can't wait! This sounds like it's going to be a good one!! Can't get over how much the girls have changed...they are growing up so fast:rolleyes1

BelleTinkMom
07-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Now that you know the who, here is the when and where and a little history.

Our trip was set for Friday, May 27th to Friday, June 3rd at the All-Star Movies Resort.

Originally, our trip was supposed to be Friday, May 27th to Sunday, June 5th. But, my daughters dance recital was scheduled for June 4th and 5th so we had to cut our visit short a couple of days. :eek:

My in-laws also wanted to fly. They didnít want to drive for 13 hours. But, my mother-in-law is also afraid of flying. :scared1:

Time for a little history about how this trip came about. My in-laws told us many years ago, that when my oldest daughter was 5 they would bring us to Disney World and they would pay for it all. Well, that was before I had my second daughter and it was not brought up again. I always knew that they just said that and would not come through.

In 2007, we decided to make our very first trip to the World. My mom, stepdad, sister and niece decided to come along. This was all our first trip and thatís when I fell in love, with Disney that is. We only had 5 days to spend in the parks and we were exhausted, but we had the best time. And thatís where it started.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/image45.jpg

In 2009 we returned for our second trip and everyone from our first trip came along except my sister, she couldnít take any time off of work. We took a longer trip this time and spent 8 days in the parks. We were still exhausted, but we took it a little more easy.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Image284.jpg

When we returned my in-laws brought up going with us in 2011 but they would not be able to pay for us, which I figured and did not expect them to. So it was planned that we would go when the kids got out of school, as we did our first two trips.

We decided after our 2009 trip that we would like to go by ourselves. So we made it a surprise to the girls and returned in 2010. Our spring break fell after the busy time at Disney, so we made plans. We didnít tell anyone because we didnít want anyone tagging along. Some of my family will just invite themselves and will get mad at you if you tell them you would like to go just your family. So surprise was the best way. We made it a surprise trip from DH and that I didnít even know about it. Just a little white lie. That was the best trip weíve had. Just us, what we wanted to do and at our own pace.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Image0369-1.jpg

So thatís a little history about how our love for Disney came about. Itís amazing how much my baby DD remembers from our first trip when she was only 2, her birthday was two weeks before we left.

There you go. Not many pics yet. I promise the next update will start to include my many pictures.

BelleTinkMom
07-14-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm in sounds like a fun trip:eek:

Great start...(from another LSU fan).

:welcome: and Thanks. GEAUX TIGERS!

I'm in!! popcorn::

I had no idea you had started the report until I saw it in your signature on Jen's report. I'm going back to see what I've missed so far.

:welcome: I'm a little late starting, we've only been back over a month! :eek:

Well, I'm back....thank goodness I wasn't too far behind and only missed the intros. I'm looking forward to hearing about how the in-laws did. You may recall that we took my mother with us last year (and this year too) and it's definitely a challenge.

Only intros so far. I was hoping to meet up with you being we were at Disney at the same time. I also think we were at AK the same day. Maybe one day.

I'm in. I'm taking my daughter for the first time and my parents are tagging along. I'm a little worried about all this together time. :lmao:

I can't wait to hear about your experiences! popcorn::

:welcome: First trips are amazing. I think the trick with bringing parents, in-laws or whomever, is to be up front about spending a little time apart. I think the all day every day together is was gets to me the most. But that's just me. I'm sure you'll will have a great time. The disboards are a good source of tips.

Can't wait! This sounds like it's going to be a good one!! Can't get over how much the girls have changed...they are growing up so fast:rolleyes1

:welcome:They have changed so much and are growing so fast. I need to update my signature with some updated photos. I wish I can stop them from growing. I know you must feel the same about Jasmine. I hope your mom is doing better. I have been trying to keep up with your report even though I haven't posted lately.

southern_redhead
07-14-2011, 10:39 PM
I'm in popcorn::

I can only IMAGINE a trip to WDW (or anywhere) with my in laws. I'd love to take my mom, but it really isn't her "thing". Perhaps if she would get comfortable with the bus system and felt okay joining us later in the day, she would love World Showcase and the animals at Animal Kingdom.

tavettava
07-14-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm in too. You are braver than I am.. I will not go anywhere with my inlaws.

longing2Batdisney
07-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey Jamie!
glad to see you started your TR! have not been around much my self lately...subbing in and will be back a little later to catch up!
:wave: Connie

MinnieMouse880
07-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Iam in! Can't wait to hear about your trip! Great looking family.:)

Native NYer
07-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Joining in!
Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

GrammyJudy
07-15-2011, 06:15 PM
I am enjoying your report so far.

BelleTinkMom
07-15-2011, 09:33 PM

I can only IMAGINE a trip to WDW (or anywhere) with my in laws. I'd love to take my mom, but it really isn't her "thing". Perhaps if she would get comfortable with the bus system and felt okay joining us later in the day, she would love World Showcase and the animals at Animal Kingdom.

:welcome: It's challenging.

I'm in too. You are braver than I am.. I will not go anywhere with my inlaws.

Hey Jamie!
glad to see you started your TR! have not been around much my self lately...subbing in and will be back a little later to catch up!
:wave: Connie

:welcome: and Hi. :wave2: How's your summer going. Is it as busy as mine?

Iam in! Can't wait to hear about your trip! Great looking family.:)

Joining in!
Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

I am enjoying your report so far.

GISELLEROL
07-15-2011, 09:38 PM

merbobear
07-15-2011, 10:19 PM
I love a good in-law story...and by good I mean very bad! :scared1::scared1: I'm definitely in! Can't wait to read more :)

BelleTinkMom
07-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Let the fun begin.

Day 1 Ė May 27, 2011 Travel Day

Up at 4 am. :scared1: Not my way of starting a vacation, unless I am going to Disney. :cheer2: Our flight was scheduled to depart at 8:35 am, arriving 2 hours early makes us arriving at the airport at 6:30 am and we live about 1 hour and 15 minutes away from the airport. Thatís plenty numbers. So we have to leave my house no later than 5 am because we have to go pick up my in-laws. I tried to get them to load most of their stuff on Thursday evening that way we wouldnít have so much to do in the morning.

When we went on Thursday evening my mil didnít want to until my fil told her to go finish up and she could put what she needed to use in the morning in her carryon or she could put it in quickly in the morning on our way to the airport. So we got most of their stuff in and we were set to head home and try to sleep. After everyone had their baths the girls were in bed and I was trying to sleep. I usually have problems sleeping and this night was no different. I think the last time I looked at the clock, it was midnight. :confused3

Anyway, we were up with the alarm at 4am and dressed and on our way at 4:50. :woohoo: Woohoo, we are early. We arrived at the in-laws and they were ready. We threw their carry-on bags in the car and we were on our way. The girls put on the Little Mermaid to watch in the car and I watched a little bit also, that is one of my favorite movies.

We arrive at the airport and Shannon drops us and all our luggage-all 6 suitcases and 3 bag- off at the airport and he went park the car at the park and fly lot. We got in the check-in line before he got back and it was challenging moving up in the line with all these suitcases, and this was just our count, my in-laws had a few also. My girls were such a big help that they thought it was a fun game moving all the suitcases along in the line. Shannon made it back before it was our turn. Checked us and the luggage in curbside check-in and were on our way into the airport around 6:30. We got through security no problems for us. Hereís where my in-laws donít have any understanding. Luckily we didnít have to go through the new body scanners, but they did. We discussed the carryonís and she had told me some time ago that she puts all her toiletries in her carry on. I told her to make sure that they were under the 2 oz. limit and in ziplock bags. Well, she had a large size toothpaste and an aerosol deodorant in her bag, so she had to have the bag checked and she decided to just throw them out and she would replace them once we were at the hotel.

Once we found our gate and got settled, we took turns getting some breakfast. I had a banana nut muffin and a smoothie, Shannon had a smoothie and a cup of fruit, and the kids had chocolate chip cookies. I know, not good for breakfast, but we are on vacation. They donít have these kinds of things for breakfast at home. I forgot to take pictures of our breakfast, but here are some pics of us waiting for our plane.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/001-4.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/002-6.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/003-6.jpg

Could this be our plane?
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/005-3.jpg

Our plane has arrived at our gate:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/007-5.jpg

Here we are on the plane. Jaden sat with the in-laws and Madi, Shannon and I sat together. Madi wanted the window seat, but about halfway through the flight, we traded seats:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/009-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/013-4.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/014-3.jpg

Up next: A few pics out the window of the plane and our arrival at our home away from home.

BelleTinkMom
07-17-2011, 11:21 PM

I love a good in-law story...and by good I mean very bad! :scared1::scared1: I'm definitely in! Can't wait to read more :)

amandaw
07-18-2011, 12:14 AM
So, I was just looking at TR titles, trying to find another good TR to follow along. I saw yours & decided to pop in & see if it got my attention. Well, as soon as you said "South Louisiana" and "love LSU football" you had me! :lmao: I'm also in south Louisiana & we are also big Tiger fans in our house. In fact, I think L S and U were the first 3 letters my son learned. :rotfl2: And, of course, he knows to follow them up with a "Geaux Tigers!"

But, on to your TR: I have learned the hard way, as you have, that our best Disney trips are by ourselves. In fact, I think I've upset all of my family by not inviting them along for our last 2 trips (which are the 2 times we've brought our son). Oh well, they will get over it (and I will have the vacation I want).

I can't wait to hear all about y'alls trip....and how much trouble the in-laws give you. :sad2:

mickeystoontown
07-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Yay! You're on the plane and on your way to Walt Disney World!

21hearts
07-18-2011, 10:36 AM
I'm subbing! :) Your off to a good start.

ZFamily5
07-18-2011, 10:42 AM
When we traveled with my grandma last summer she was oblivious to the "less than 2 ounces" rule too! We had to go through her whole carry-on and sort things out for her! Can't wait to read more! :cool1:

aprilisis
07-18-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm subscribing! popcorn:: I can't wait to read more.

Queenofallthings
07-18-2011, 10:08 PM
I love early morning flights to Disney because I can never sleep anyways so I might as well be doing last minute packing:lmao: Great plane pictures ....:thumbsup2

BelleTinkMom
07-19-2011, 08:57 PM
So, I was just looking at TR titles, trying to find another good TR to follow along. I saw yours & decided to pop in & see if it got my attention. Well, as soon as you said "South Louisiana" and "love LSU football" you had me! :lmao: I'm also in south Louisiana & we are also big Tiger fans in our house. In fact, I think L S and U were the first 3 letters my son learned. :rotfl2: And, of course, he knows to follow them up with a "Geaux Tigers!"

But, on to your TR: I have learned the hard way, as you have, that our best Disney trips are by ourselves. In fact, I think I've upset all of my family by not inviting them along for our last 2 trips (which are the 2 times we've brought our son). Oh well, they will get over it (and I will have the vacation I want).

I can't wait to hear all about y'alls trip....and how much trouble the in-laws give you. :sad2:

GEAUX TIGERS! and :welcome: Glad to have another Louisiana girl here.

Yay! You're on the plane and on your way to Walt Disney World!

:woohoo: finally on our way. We only been counting down since Christmas!!

I'm subbing! :) Your off to a good start.

When we traveled with my grandma last summer she was oblivious to the "less than 2 ounces" rule too! We had to go through her whole carry-on and sort things out for her! Can't wait to read more! :cool1:

The sad thing is, we discussed it the night before. She never listens. :confused3
I'm subscribing! popcorn:: I can't wait to read more.

I love early morning flights to Disney because I can never sleep anyways so I might as well be doing last minute packing:lmao: Great plane pictures ....:thumbsup2

We llike to fly out in the morning because that still gives us the afternoon to do something, even if it's just DTD.

BelleTinkMom
07-19-2011, 09:03 PM
A few more from the plane. I forgot to add that I had packed the girls a bag for the plane with some surprises in them. I made them these cute pillow cases with all their favorite Disney things. I also had notepads, pencils, color pencils, sunglasses and also a few of their things like iPods and DS’s. This worked out great because it fit under the seat of the plane and it kept them occupied.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/020-4.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/022-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/027-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/032.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/022-2.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/029-1.jpg

See, I said we switched places which was ok with me because I like to look out the window.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/021.jpg

How about this picture from the plane: Epcot and DTD

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/031.jpg

Our flight was very uneventful. We landed right on time at 11:20 am and I told my in-laws just to follow me. We took the tram to the main part of the airport. We had talked a lot about the whole Magical Express experience. How we wouldn’t have to get our luggage, that they would that’s why we put the luggage tags on and that we just make our way to the Magical Express counter and they take care of the rest. Well, my father-in-law kept saying that we were going the wrong way because we were not headed to the luggage claim area. I kept saying we don’t have to get our luggage. It was so exhausting. So we finally make it to the Magical Express Counter and get checked in. The lines waiting for the buses were soooo long. Sorry I didn’t take any pictures. I was like, we will be here a while. I’ve never seen the lines so long before. The line they sent us to was………………………………………………………………………………

EMPTY!!! :cheer2:

For some reason, we were like the 5th family in line. Don’t understand that.

We waited about 15 minutes and we were on our way. The other lines hadn’t moved and they were looking at us like we were cutting the line. I felt so bad for them, but excited that we didn’t have to wait tooo long. And not to long after that we were on our way. Our bus driver was named Louis.

We went straight to the All-Star Resorts, but we were staying at the Movies so we were the last stop. Once again, I had to keep telling the in-laws that we would be the third stop, but they got up at each stop. Is this getting to be a habit? :confused3 My kids seem to retain info more than they do.

We arrived at the resort about 12:30pm. We made our way to the online check-in counter and check in but our rooms weren’t ready. That’s ok, we were hungry so we went to the food court and had lunch.

I had the chicken quesadilla’s, Shannon had the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich, Madi had the cheese pizza and Jaden had spaghetti and meatballs. We all loved our food except for Jaden, she ended up picking at the noodles and sharing Madi’s pizza with her. I get better at taking food pictures, I promise.

4littleones
07-19-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm in. Great plane pics. My MIL and my mom are coming with us so this should be very helpful & I imagine they will retain info about the same as your IL's

TrulyMadlyDisney
07-19-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm in. I also plan secret trips then tell everyone that I have to travel for work and taking DH with me..;)

fi46re129
07-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Joining in! and heading over to read the PTR!

amandaw
07-19-2011, 11:38 PM
That was a great idea about the surprises for the girls while on the plane. I need to remember to do surprise toys for my son the next time we fly. Maybe they'll keep him occupied a little longer than the stuff he's used to seeing/playing with. And a big :thumbsup2 to an uneventful flight & not having to wait long for ME!

Becc1
07-20-2011, 06:10 AM
I didn't realize you had started a report! All caught up and can't wait to hear more! I can't wait to hear how you managed your in laws, I deal with my MIL every trip but I don't know if I could have done both;)

bluejasmine
07-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Enjoying the report! I dont know about this inlaw thing.. Dont get me wrong I love my mom in law but I dont think she would do well in WDW..

We are in the middle of planning a big vow renewal in WDW for Sept 2012 and she has already made some waves.. Doesnt understand why we are doing a vow renewal and why at disney and she cant afford to come.. Its during the value season and all guests get discounted rooms plus she can stay value and split the cost..Its just b/c its disney..

Anyway sorry wasnt trying to take over your report! Cant wait to read more!!

thebigdisneydaddy
07-21-2011, 07:44 AM
I have to see how this ends, we are taking my inlaws with us in Jan popcorn::

BelleTinkMom
07-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Sorry I've been away for a few days. My girls had been on a mini vacation with my mom for 5 days camping and they came home Tuesday. I've been spending a little time with them.

I'm in. Great plane pics. My MIL and my mom are coming with us so this should be very helpful & I imagine they will retain info about the same as your IL's

:welcome: When my mom came she was helpful, but my Mil was not. Hopefully they will be helpful .

I'm in. I also plan secret trips then tell everyone that I have to travel for work and taking DH with me..;)

:welcome: Secret trips are the best.

That was a great idea about the surprises for the girls while on the plane. I need to remember to do surprise toys for my son the next time we fly. Maybe they'll keep him occupied a little longer than the stuff he's used to seeing/playing with. And a big :thumbsup2 to an uneventful flight & not having to wait long for ME!

Surprises are always good with my girls. I wish DH would've bought me a surprise for the plane. :laughing:

I didn't realize you had started a report! All caught up and can't wait to hear more! I can't wait to hear how you managed your in laws, I deal with my MIL every trip but I don't know if I could have done both;)

Enjoying the report! I dont know about this inlaw thing.. Dont get me wrong I love my mom in law but I dont think she would do well in WDW..

We are in the middle of planning a big vow renewal in WDW for Sept 2012 and she has already made some waves.. Doesnt understand why we are doing a vow renewal and why at disney and she cant afford to come.. Its during the value season and all guests get discounted rooms plus she can stay value and split the cost..Its just b/c its disney..

Anyway sorry wasnt trying to take over your report! Cant wait to read more!!

:welcome: A vow renewal in Disney sounds wonderful. I would love to do that one day.

I have to see how this ends, we are taking my inlaws with us in Jan popcorn::

:welcome: and good luck with the in-laws.

BelleTinkMom
07-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Hey everyone! :wave2: Hope yall had a good weekend. Mine was busy busy. I am taking classes to learn to use my SLR camera and photo editing, so I had that on Saturday. My friend is also taking the classes with me so not only do we go to class, we also did some shopping of Saturday. I also did some school uniform shopping today with my girls. That was challenging. I hardly bought anything, because they didn't have the styles that Jaden wanted. I can't just buy her anything anymore, so she choose Old Navy pants, but they didn't have the color our school wears, so I came home and ordered them online. I did find shoes and the rest of what Madison needed (she had hand me downs from Jaden).

OK where was IÖoh ya, we were waiting for our room to be ready. After waiting around for a bit, I went back to the check-in counter and checked again about our room. While the Castmember was looking it up, I received the text that our room was ready, but my in-laws room was not quite ready. We headed over to our room and everyone piled in. The mousekeeper was cleaning my in-laws room. They had told us their room number so they just waited a few minutes with us. We got into our room a little after 2pm.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/033-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/034-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/036-1.jpg

We settled in our room a bit, not that we had much but our carry on bags. Anyway we headed off to DTD. I had secretly made a reservation for my girls at BBB at 4:40pm. So we headed to the bus stop. My in-laws were amazed that you could take a bus to anywhere on Disney property. Of course, Madi fell asleep on the bus, we only been up since 4am.

We arrived at DTD about 3:15 and made our way towards World of Disney store. We shopped around a bit.

On the way:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/037.jpg

We were still early for our appointment so I tried checking in early, but they would not allow. They told me to wait until 5 minutes before our appointment time before I could check in. So we walked around for about another 20 minutes and then it was time to check in. I checked in and they gave me a buzzer and I still had to wait about 20 minutes past our reservation time for the buzzer to go off. My in-laws got tired of waiting, so they headed off to find alcoholic beverages. They missed the whole thing.

Pics from BBB:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/039-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/044-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/054.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/055-2.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/042-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/057.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/059-2.jpg

Those are just my pics. I need to upload our photopass pics. I will post those tomorrow.

When we were done, we headed out to find the in-laws. Of course, I took a few pics along the way.

Outside the Lego store:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/060.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/061-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/062-2.jpg

Continued on next post.

BelleTinkMom
07-24-2011, 10:47 PM
They were having a beer and sitting by the lake enjoying the view. It looked like it was going to start raining, so we decided to head back to the resort since we had been up so early and we would be having early mornings the next few days.

You can see the clouds coming:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/063-2.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/064-1.jpg

On our way out, we just had to stop at Goofyís Candy Co. for some snacks and some Goofing off!!

Shannon got the huge oreo dipped in chocolate with sprinkles on top. I got the pretzel rods dipped in chocolate and 2 with sprinkles and 1 with mini m & mís. I think Jaden got a oreo also, but Iím not sure.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/065.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/066-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/067-1.jpg

Ok that's it for now. I need to upload more photos and our photopass pics. Talk to you later.

amandaw
07-25-2011, 12:50 AM
The girls look so cute with their BBB makeovers! I bet they really enjoyed it!

I want to take more classes on using my DSLR. A few weeks before our last trip to Disney, I did take a beginners class at Kadair's in Baton Rouge. It was great! It really got me to understand the basics & now I don't shoot on "Auto"! I would also love a class on photo editing. That's probably what I need most right now.

shan23877
07-25-2011, 01:25 AM
I'm joining! My MiL loves disney. She was very disappointed that she won't be able to surprise us by joining us on our up coming trip. So were we:rotfl2:

mickeystoontown
07-25-2011, 10:52 AM
I smiled when you said that your in-laws thought it was neat that you could hop on a bus and it would take you anywhere on Disney property. My mother thought that was the greatest thing too (as do I).

The girls look so pretty with their BBB makeovers. I bet they were super surprised.

leslie826
07-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Love the BBB hair and makeup! The pilllowcases are adorable too! I was just thinking about how bad it would be to bring my in-laws, for one of the same reasons and one completely opposite...1. FIL would not remember anything I told him and would be all kinds of confused & 2. they think alcohol is from the devil (FIL's a baptist pastor :lmao:) and DH and I enjoy a good cocktail.:rotfl:

hmmurdock
07-25-2011, 03:13 PM
popcorn::

lbuzz52
07-25-2011, 04:01 PM
joining in. you are braver than I to travel with your inlaws. I've done WDW with my parents, but i'm not sure i could with the inlaws. I hope you all were able to carve out some alone family time. great bbb pics!

ShaylaLynn
07-25-2011, 04:06 PM
I'am Joining in popcorn:: Great report so far!

luvMickey72
07-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Joining in popcorn::

petals
07-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Luvin the BBB makeover pics!

Queenofallthings
07-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Love the pictures of the girls at BBB...they are gorgeous!

BelleTinkMom
07-26-2011, 10:55 PM
The girls look so cute with their BBB makeovers! I bet they really enjoyed it!

I want to take more classes on using my DSLR. A few weeks before our last trip to Disney, I did take a beginners class at Kadair's in Baton Rouge. It was great! It really got me to understand the basics & now I don't shoot on "Auto"! I would also love a class on photo editing. That's probably what I need most right now.

They loved their BBB makover.

I learned a lot during the first class. I went to Lakeside Camera Works in Metairie. It's the closest to me. The editing was pretty basic, most of the stuff I knew, but I learned a little.

I smiled when you said that your in-laws thought it was neat that you could hop on a bus and it would take you anywhere on Disney property. My mother thought that was the greatest thing too (as do I).

The girls look so pretty with their BBB makeovers. I bet they were super surprised.

They were surprised.

Love the BBB hair and makeup! The pilllowcases are adorable too! I was just thinking about how bad it would be to bring my in-laws, for one of the same reasons and one completely opposite...1. FIL would not remember anything I told him and would be all kinds of confused & 2. they think alcohol is from the devil (FIL's a baptist pastor :lmao:) and DH and I enjoy a good cocktail.:rotfl:

Thanks. I like to have a cocktail, but my in-laws like to have a cocktail or beer everyday, sometimes most of the day, especially on weekends.

Luvin the BBB makeover pics!

Thanks

Love the pictures of the girls at BBB...they are gorgeous!

Thanks

BelleTinkMom
07-26-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm joining! My MiL loves disney. She was very disappointed that she won't be able to surprise us by joining us on our up coming trip. So were we:rotfl2:

popcorn::

joining in. you are braver than I to travel with your inlaws. I've done WDW with my parents, but i'm not sure i could with the inlaws. I hope you all were able to carve out some alone family time. great bbb pics!

I'am Joining in popcorn:: Great report so far!

disneylovin24
07-27-2011, 10:15 AM
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/062-2.jpg

Love this picture! I love all of the pink hair:cutie:

Thadine
07-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Hi, Loving your report!
Can't wait to read more:goodvibes

Becc1
07-31-2011, 09:28 AM
Love the girlss BBB makeovers! They are so cute:love:

BelleTinkMom
07-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Love this picture! I love all of the pink hair:cutie:

They love their pink hair!!

BelleTinkMom
07-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Hi, Loving your report!
Can't wait to read more:goodvibes

BelleTinkMom
07-31-2011, 10:34 PM
Where were we, oh ya, at Goofyís Candy Co.

My fil also got a treat, but donít know what, maybe an oreo. We sat outside of Goofyís and ate our snack til it started to drizzle.

We headed back to our resort. When we arrived, our luggage had arrived. I unpacked our luggage and got everything situated before heading out to explore our resort a little. Even though we had stayed at the AS Movies two times before, we never really ventured out and explored.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/072-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/074.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/087-2.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/089-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/091.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/092.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/095-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/096-2.jpg

The kids found the playground, so we hung around there a while.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/077.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/079-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/085-2.jpg

My mil was hungry, so she went and get a chicken tender meal at the food court. She said it was very good. Ya!! First food picture.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/086-2.jpg

The kids played until it started to drizzle, so we headed back to our room and showered and went to bed. We only were up since 4 AM. :scared1: We had an early ADR the next morning.

Before I go, an empty pool:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/098.jpg

Up next: Day 2-1st Park Day

amandaw
07-31-2011, 11:45 PM
All of the Toy Story decor is really cute! I especially like how they have the Green Army Men on top of the buildings.

Can't wait to hear about y'alls first park day!

Queenofallthings
08-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Great pictures of the resort! I think it's the best themed for the values! We've stayed in the Love Bug section and twice in the Fantasia section....we loved it!

mickeystoontown
08-01-2011, 10:08 AM
It looks like ya'll had fun exploring the resort despite a few drizzles of rain. All of the big icons are super cute!

Schmoodle
08-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi, you got me! I am tagging along because I have a feeling that MIL is going to be trouble! Hope you all had a good trip anyway. I am a former dance team mom - my oldest DD (named Maddie, btw) competed from the age of 7 until she graduated HS and went off to college - to major in dance! Fortunately for me, my younger DD has NO interest in dance. Don't think I could do it all over again. More power to you! And your girls look very sweet.

21hearts
08-01-2011, 10:58 AM
It looks like you had an awesome time exploring the resort.

&& its RC! When we stayed at ASMovies if you opened our door you saw RC. So everyday my son opened the door and begged us to let him take RC for a ride before breakfast. Aww memories. :)

ShaylaLynn
08-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Great pictures of BBB and All Star!! :goodvibes

BelleTinkMom
08-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi, you got me! I am tagging along because I have a feeling that MIL is going to be trouble! Hope you all had a good trip anyway. I am a former dance team mom - my oldest DD (named Maddie, btw) competed from the age of 7 until she graduated HS and went off to college - to major in dance! Fortunately for me, my younger DD has NO interest in dance. Don't think I could do it all over again. More power to you! And your girls look very sweet.

:welcome: We will be taking next year off from competition dancing. We actually are switching dance studios, big issues there, and the studio we will be going to does not have a competition yet. She is only in her 4th year of teaching dance and she wants to get established first. My girls are excited about their new teacher because she was a Saintsation (Saints dance team) and we were cheerleaders together in school. Thanks for joining.

BelleTinkMom
08-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Day 2 Ė Epcot

What kinda person plans a vacation that you have to wake up at the crack of dawn each morning? Oh, thatís right, me. We are at Disney, we can't sleep in. :laughing:

When the kids woke up, they found this waiting for them:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/100.jpg

It was a welcome postcard, an invitation to breakfast and each a little surprise. Jaden had Disney fllipflops and Madi had Tink sunglasses.

Here is a photo of the invitation:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/zz6.jpg

We were on our way to the bus stop by 7am. I like to be early because you donít always know if the bus will come right away. We took the bus to MK and then the monorail to the Poly. I had my in-laws all confused. :confused3I told them to just follow us.

ADR at Ohanaís for 8am. This was our second time eating here for breakfast. We loved it last time. The juice is awesome!! Of course, the kids donít like it. The food was awesome and our waitress was amazing. She even left us the whole pitcher of juice.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/104.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/109.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/110.jpg

This is my plate:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/101.jpg

and this is Madi's plate:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/102.jpg

I should've taken a photo of the food they bring to the table. This was my first time taking photos of our food, so it took me a while to remember.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/105.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/106.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/107.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/115.jpg

Madi didn't want to take pics with the characters. It takes her a while to warm up to the characters. Stitch kinda grabbed her for the picture. After that, we had to switch places. Will it get better? Will we get pics of her with the characters?

Self_resqing_princz
08-06-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm in! In my first trip to Dis with my DH... he was then my boyfriend and I had to share a bed at WL with my (to be) MIL! :scared1: At least you don't have to share a bed with your MIL or FIL!

amandaw
08-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Don't worry - you're not the only one who has the family rising at the crack of dawn while in Disney. There is just no way I could sleep in while I'm there & I am NOT a morning person. But, when there's that much magic & fun to be had - you just have to get going!

It's look like y'all had a great start to the day with the breakfast at Ohana's. I hope Madi warmed up the characters during the trip. You just never know how kids will react to them.

disneylovin24
08-07-2011, 06:24 AM
I've been to Ohana's a few times for dinner and love it but Ive never for breakfast.

Is the juice pineapple juice?

I think everyone gets up early on a Disney vacation. How can you not? You have to get as much time there in as possible:thumbsup2

Queenofallthings
08-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Looks and sounds like a wonderful start to your day! I've heard great things about that juice and can't wait to try it! Great pics with the characters and I have to say, as much as I think I'll remember to take pics of all the food, I too have been know to completely forget:rotfl2:

FloridaPixie
08-07-2011, 07:25 PM
I was browsing through and the title of your trip report really grabbed me! I'm enjoying it very much . . .I'm from Pensacola, about 2.45 hrs. from NOLA. GEAUX SAINTS!! We're heading to WDW on Wednesday for a week, trying to squeeze in a trip before kindergarten starts here on the 22nd (my daughter is 5). I really enjoyed the feedback about the Poly breakfast . . .I have been thinking about how much I would like to do that one time. This trip, we're set for a 10:50 at Cape May Cafe because my daughter wants to see Minnie! Can't wait to read the rest of your report!

jcano
08-07-2011, 07:52 PM
You're doing a good job of building the suspense popcorn::(and reminding me why we don't go on vacation with family!!:eek:)

amytheobald
08-07-2011, 07:56 PM
popcorn::popcorn::

BelleTinkMom
08-07-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm in! In my first trip to Dis with my DH... he was then my boyfriend and I had to share a bed at WL with my (to be) MIL! :scared1: At least you don't have to share a bed with your MIL or FIL!

:welcome: I really hope that I never have to share a bed with either one of my in-laws. :confused3

BelleTinkMom
08-07-2011, 08:44 PM
I was browsing through and the title of your trip report really grabbed me! I'm enjoying it very much . . .I'm from Pensacola, about 2.45 hrs. from NOLA. GEAUX SAINTS!! We're heading to WDW on Wednesday for a week, trying to squeeze in a trip before kindergarten starts here on the 22nd (my daughter is 5). I really enjoyed the feedback about the Poly breakfast . . .I have been thinking about how much I would like to do that one time. This trip, we're set for a 10:50 at Cape May Cafe because my daughter wants to see Minnie! Can't wait to read the rest of your report!

:welcome: I will be posting a review of Ohana Breakfast in a little bit. I've never been to Cape May, this may be on our list for our next trip.

BelleTinkMom
08-07-2011, 09:57 PM
You're doing a good job of building the suspense popcorn::(and reminding me why we don't go on vacation with family!!:eek:)

popcorn::popcorn::

Welcome!! Hope you guys enjoy!

BelleTinkMom
08-07-2011, 10:20 PM
I will give a little review for Ohana Best Friends breakfast.

The food here is wonderful. I know, breakfast is breakfast. However, they serve it family style at your table.

For starters, they bring out this wonderful juice. The juice is Orange, Passion Fruit and Guava. I love this juice. Our server actually left me the whole pitcher because she was tired of refilling my glass. :confused: Not really, she just asked if I wanted the whole pitcher and I said yes of course. :love:

Then they bring out the freshest fruit Iíve ever had. I remember cantaloupe, honeydew melon, grapes and watermelon. Madi ate almost the whole plate.

Then they bring out the platter of hot breakfast foods. It is scrambled eggs, pork sausage, bacon, and breakfast potatoes. They also have a server walking around delivering Mickey waffles. The food is great. The eggs are cooked perfectly for my liking.

I donít have a bad thing to say about Ohana breakfast.

The characters are Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. Stitch is usually up to his tricks, which is always fun.

I would recommend this breakfast to everyone. :thumbsup2

BelleTinkMom
08-07-2011, 10:39 PM
I will interrupt the featured showing with a long weekend camping trip we took before school started.

We took a long weekend camping trip to Grand Isle last weekend. Our friends invited us to go camping with them, in our camper of course, for the Tarpon Rodeo. My Louisiana friends out there, probably heard of the Rodeo before. Itís the largest fishing rodeo in the US. It takes place the last weekend of July every year. It used to be for adult eyes only, but in the last 5-10 years, its become more family friendly.

We were lucky enough to find a campsite a couple of weeks before. We were very lucky. I took a day off of work on Friday and we headed off on Thursday. We have been having lots of rain down here and the campground was flooded. Lucky our campsite wasnít but Madi was having a blast in her pool as she called it.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/012-1.jpg

We just lounged around the whole weekend. Shannon went fishing, we went to the beach, and we went to the Rodeo tent and the kids participated in the crab races.

The crabs at the crab race. Our crabs didn't even move!!
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/008.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/003.jpg

Hanging out at the beach:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/JadenMadi1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/Madi5.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/070.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/104.jpg

Our plan was to catch crabs on the beach, we were not so lucky. We only caught 5, that's not enough for 5 adults and 3 children. :laughing:

Madi was helping bait the crab lines:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/056.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/060.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/064.jpg

More in the next post.

BelleTinkMom
08-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Hanging out at the camper:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/Madi1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/Madi2.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/Madi4.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/Jaden1.jpg

Here are my girls all cleaned up to go out to eat dinner after we didn't catch enough crabs:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/105.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/106.jpg

Another one with Madi helping her dad bait our crab lines:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grand%20Isle/Crab1.jpg

We will resume our regularly scheduled program tomorrow.

amandaw
08-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Breakfast definitely sounds good at OHana. I would love to try it but I just really can't stand Stitch! :laughing: Oh well, maybe one day I'll just give in & do it!

Looks like y'all had a great time down in Grand Isle. The pictures of the girls on the beach are adorable!

mickeystoontown
08-08-2011, 09:05 AM
It's been years and years since we've been to Grand Isle. Looking at your pictures makes me want to go back for another visit. Too bad ya'll didn't catch enough crabs for dinner.

LoriH91
08-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Joining in!! :thumbsup2
I lived in Lake Charles for a couple of years as a kid & remember fishing for crawdads. Love Louisiana!! We're neighbors in Texas, but it would take me probably 8 hours to even make it across the state!

Anyway, I'm really interested in how this trip ended up with the in-laws. :lmao: We went with my in-laws in '98, when we only had 2 boys. Then they paid for us to go last year with all 5 of our kids, since we had always talked about going back. My MIL would LOVE to go to WDW again, but she can't fly, can't drive more than about 2 hours, and is relegated to a walker, which really should be a scooter. :rolleyes1 I have a feeling it would be a nightmare trip, anyway, since she doesn't exactly love kid-friendliness. FIL would be a huge help, but he won't take time off work! I would like to take my mom, tho. She has never been. :scared1: I don't think she'd go multiple times, as she really likes to travel all over the world, but she might surprise me!

BelleTinkMom
08-08-2011, 10:12 PM
After our breakfast, we took the monorail to the TTC and hop on the monorail to Epcot.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/120.jpg

We were lucky enough to ride the Tronorail. I didnít get a picture.

We head into the park and head straight for the Land to get fastpasses for Soarin:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/122.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/124.jpg

I knew the standby line would be long, 45 minutes long at 10am. So we got fastpasses

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/153.jpg

and headed to Living with the Land ride.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/123.jpg

No wait time here:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/127.jpg

This is one of Madiís favorites. Not the first ride that I wanted my in-laws to experience, but they thought it was pretty cool.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/128.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/129.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/130.jpg

Next, we headed over to the Seas with Nemo.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/131.jpg

Hardly any wait time here either. I remember on our very first trip in 2007, we waited almost 45 minutes to ride this. :scared1:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/133.jpg

We rode Nemo and we saw Turtle Talk with Crush. Jaden was chosen to ask a question, but I didnít write it down. I know, Iím a bad mother.

Up next, we check out the aquarium.

BelleTinkMom
08-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Breakfast definitely sounds good at OHana. I would love to try it but I just really can't stand Stitch! :laughing: Oh well, maybe one day I'll just give in & do it!

Looks like y'all had a great time down in Grand Isle. The pictures of the girls on the beach are adorable!

I would definately try Ohanas. Just ignore Stitch!! :rotfl:

Grand Isle was a nice and relaxing weekend. It was much needed. We should head down there more often, it is only 45 minutes from our house.

BelleTinkMom
08-08-2011, 10:17 PM
It's been years and years since we've been to Grand Isle. Looking at your pictures makes me want to go back for another visit. Too bad ya'll didn't catch enough crabs for dinner.

I was dissappointed about the crabs. That's one of my favorite things to eat. Grand Isle is very nice now. They have really worked hard to expand the beach so it is wider and they keep it extremely clean.

BelleTinkMom
08-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Joining in!! :thumbsup2
I lived in Lake Charles for a couple of years as a kid & remember fishing for crawdads. Love Louisiana!! We're neighbors in Texas, but it would take me probably 8 hours to even make it across the state!

Anyway, I'm really interested in how this trip ended up with the in-laws. :lmao: We went with my in-laws in '98, when we only had 2 boys. Then they paid for us to go last year with all 5 of our kids, since we had always talked about going back. My MIL would LOVE to go to WDW again, but she can't fly, can't drive more than about 2 hours, and is relegated to a walker, which really should be a scooter. :rolleyes1 I have a feeling it would be a nightmare trip, anyway, since she doesn't exactly love kid-friendliness. FIL would be a huge help, but he won't take time off work! I would like to take my mom, tho. She has never been. :scared1: I don't think she'd go multiple times, as she really likes to travel all over the world, but she might surprise me!

:welcome: I've never been crawfishing. Going with my parents or my in-laws is very tiring for me. Even though they are a big help with the kids, I feel like I have a couple more kids sometimes. :eek:

amandaw
08-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Sounds like y'all had a great start to the day at Epcot. Sounds like, so far, you're not having too much trouble with the in-laws. Can't wait to see if it continues that way! :goodvibes

Queenofallthings
08-09-2011, 08:27 PM
I have grown to really enjoy Living with the Land....I find it a great way to have some down time!

BelleTinkMom
08-10-2011, 10:58 PM
We checked out the aquarium's:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/138.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/139.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/140.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/141.jpg

Ok, at this point, Madi was starting to complain that she is hungry. She is not a big eater at meals, she likes to pick all day. So we stopped to get our favorite snack in Disney World......POPCORN popcorn:: and a water to share. and we also took a bathroom break. :)

We headed over to one of our family favorites, Figment. Madi is starting to be more comfortable in rides that have periods of darkness. She loves this ride, but usually freaks out when itís a little dark, or when the air blows at you. Hopefully next time we go, she will be totally over it.

The fountain right outside:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/142.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/143.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/145.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/148.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/152.jpg

I wanted to see Captain EO, but the show had just stared and it would be about 20 minutes til the next show and I didnít feel like waiting.

At this point, it seemed my mil was really bored. I could tell. She just gets quiet and sulks. She is a very selfish person, and if its not all about her, you know it. :confused3 I know the things we've done so far, can be quite boring, but my kids love these rides. Especially Madi. Jaden also still likes these, and she is starting to get more into the trill rides. We are the type of family, DH and I, to make the most out of everything and we just enjoy seeing our kids enjoying themselves. That is the whole point of going to Disney!! TO HAVE FUN!!!

amandaw
08-11-2011, 10:27 AM
I love Figment! My little boy (he's 3) also hates when the air blows on you. Other than that, he loves that ride. Sounds like y'all were having a nice afternoon in Epcot. But, I hope your MIL isn't starting to brew trouble for you! :sad2:

lbuzz52
08-11-2011, 02:50 PM
From that description, are you sure you didn't take my mother in law with you by accident:lmao:

i have not been on figment in about twenty years. i need to do that next time. breakfast looked great!

BelleTinkMom
08-16-2011, 10:50 PM
We headed over to Test track and got FPís. Then we backtracked to Spaceship Earth after a potty break.

Waiting for everyone to take their break:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/158.jpg

My girls both love the little video that is made at the end of the ride. We emailed it to our home email and we watch it over and laugh at ourselves.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/155.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/159.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/160.jpg

The wait time was 15 minutes, but it passed by really fast.

We then used our FPís for Soariní. It was awesome as usual. My MIL got a little queasy; she gets motion sickness really easy. We told her it was nothing, till Jaden started explaining it to her. She said it is like you are flying in a hand glider and the wind blows in your face and it takes you up. I almost think she puts that in her head. She will get sick from swinging. Needless to say, she didnít ride any more rides today.

I wanted to bring my in-laws to experience Beverly.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/168.jpg

We discovered Club Cool on our last trip and Shannon and I tried a tiny taste of Beverly. Thatís all it took for me. There are some that are quite good. My in-laws wouldnít try Beverly, but they did try all the others.

Now on to World Showcase. On our way there, I was excited to see that they still had the CARS topiaries out:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/169.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/170.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/171.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/172.jpg

The topiaries are so amazing. This will be the first trip that we missed the Flower and Garden festival.

longing2Batdisney
08-17-2011, 12:50 AM
OK! so I didn't say when I would be back....just kidding...
Sorry! I have not been very good about dissing all summer...with school starting I am hoping to catch up with everyone and since I could not sleep I decided to give you a visit; had planned to catch up on a few post and ended up sitting here for the last half hour reading all your great post.

Your MIL sounds a bit like my parents on our last trip....you love having them but can be so tiring all in the same wrap!

sounds like you guys had a smooth trip over and a wonderful afternoon exploring DTD and the Movies resort; great pictures!!

I cannot wait to do Ohana's breakfast with Ashton I really think that will be his all time favorite! you guys seem to having a great day so far in Epcot and the lines seem non-existent....keep the fun coming!

your weekend to Grand Isle looked to be lots of fun! brought back so many memories of crabbing and baiting the lines....I really do not think I have been down that way since I was about 8... I can remember waking up around 3 am for the ride down and come home so sunburned in my dad's pickup with no A/C on pleather seats; OUCH!

looking forward to more! again so sorry I have not been around
I have been trying to keep the kids busy and having fun before starting Kindergarten which Ashton starts on Thursday and then start full time on Monday so I should have lots of time to keep up with you then! can't Wait to get back into the dis again....
:wave2: Connie

BelleTinkMom
08-20-2011, 08:00 PM
OK! so I didn't say when I would be back....just kidding...
Sorry! I have not been very good about dissing all summer...with school starting I am hoping to catch up with everyone and since I could not sleep I decided to give you a visit; had planned to catch up on a few post and ended up sitting here for the last half hour reading all your great post.

Your MIL sounds a bit like my parents on our last trip....you love having them but can be so tiring all in the same wrap!

They are so tiring, they just don't listen or retain what we tell them.

sounds like you guys had a smooth trip over and a wonderful afternoon exploring DTD and the Movies resort; great pictures!!

Our flight was great. I wish we could've spent more time at DTD.

I cannot wait to do Ohana's breakfast with Ashton I really think that will be his all time favorite! you guys seem to having a great day so far in Epcot and the lines seem non-existent....keep the fun coming!

your weekend to Grand Isle looked to be lots of fun! brought back so many memories of crabbing and baiting the lines....I really do not think I have been down that way since I was about 8... I can remember waking up around 3 am for the ride down and come home so sunburned in my dad's pickup with no A/C on pleather seats; OUCH!

We did have a good time. My dad used to have one of those pickups too!! :rotfl:

looking forward to more! again so sorry I have not been around
I have been trying to keep the kids busy and having fun before starting Kindergarten which Ashton starts on Thursday and then start full time on Monday so I should have lots of time to keep up with you then! can't Wait to get back into the dis again....
:wave2: Connie

I really haven't had time to do much dissing either lately. Trying to get back into the school routine. The girls also started at a new dancing school this past week, so that was a little nerve wracking and exciting all at the same time.

BelleTinkMom
08-20-2011, 08:15 PM
What a week. We are trying to get into the swing of school. Jaden started Middle school this year, 6th grade. We have to get up at 5:30 am :scared1: so she can catch the bus at 6:20. I think this is way to early. Madi is not wanting to go to school this year. She cries and wines every evening and morning. Hopefully she just needs to adjust to going back to school.

My girls also started a new dancing studio this week. They absolutely love it. I am so pleased. We had a bad year last year and they didn't want to dance any more. So we made a hard decision to change studios and I hope it will be a great decision.

Now onto Disney:

Now on to World Showcase. We always seem to head to Mexico first and make our way around to Canada.

I love to go into Mexico. I just think the theme and atmosphere is great. Madi wanted to ride the Three Cabaleros, so we did. My MIL sat out. She thought we were bluffing when we told her it was nothing, but she thought we were lying to her, because we told her Soarin was nothing. I donít think Soarin is bad, but I donít get sick.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/174.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/175.jpg

Margarita's are a must have at Mexico. We have tried Margaritaís at different locations in Mexico before. Our second trip, we got frozen ones from La Cantina that were great. One of the best Margaritaís Iíve ever had.

Our last trip we got frozen ones from kiosk and they were horrible. :eek:

I read a tip to get Margaritaís from the little bar inside of the Mexico pavilion. I have to say that these were the best Margaritaís that Iíve ever had. They were the right combination of sweet and sour that I like. They were very refreshing.

I think this is at a little kiosk outside of Mexico along the lake:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/176.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/177.jpg

twins4disney
08-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Love your report so far! I have to follow along, love a good in-law story. We always seem to get someone to tag along. We are keeping our Christmas trip a secret just for that reason.

amandaw
08-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Good start to WS...you can't go wrong with a good margarita! :thumbsup2

Becc1
08-20-2011, 10:40 PM
I absolutely agree with you about the margaritas in the pavillion as opposed to the ones outside, they aare much, much better :thumbsup2

BelleTinkMom
08-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Love your report so far! I have to follow along, love a good in-law story. We always seem to get someone to tag along. We are keeping our Christmas trip a secret just for that reason.

:welcome: I really feel bad, but that is what we have to do to go alone. A Christmas trip is my dream. I hope one day I will be able to go at that time.

BelleTinkMom
08-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Good start to WS...you can't go wrong with a good margarita! :thumbsup2

I absolutely agree with you about the margaritas in the pavillion as opposed to the ones outside, they aare much, much better :thumbsup2

They were the best Margarita's that I've ever had. I would recommend everyone to get one inside.

BelleTinkMom
08-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Sidenote: my MIL spirits were lifting because she is finally getting to drink alcohol. She was really worried before we left for this vacation about where she would be able to drink beer. Can anyone say alcoholic?

On our way, we got FPís for a Kim Possible Mission, but I donít remember where we picked up our phone. Maybe we got our phone here. Her mission was in China (remember this in a bit).

Next was Norway. I have finally tried something I have been reading about since I found the disboards. School Bread!!! I have to say, it was great. Definitely would get this again.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/178.jpg

While I was getting my school bread, my gang was waiting outside and ended up meeting a family, also taking a break by the lake, that only live about an hour from us. We finished eating our snacks while chatting with them and then went on our way.

We looked around China (I didnít realize this was China, I thought it was Japan). They sort of changed the store in the back area. They donít have as many things in there anymore. On our first trip, I had purchased a little coin purse, and the zipper broke recently. I looked for another one, but couldnít find one.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/179.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/180.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/181.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/182.jpg

We continued on our way. As we were coming upon Germany, Jaden was reading the map and told me that we were just in China. So Jaden and I headed back to China to do the mission. I think everyone else just took a break.

I took this while Jaden was on her mission:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/187.jpg

This is the end of the mission:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/188.jpg

Mission completed.

Jaden wanted to do another Mission and it was in Germany this time. So her and my fil completed it. While I finally took a break. It just always seems that I am running around while others take a break.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/190.jpg

We went into the Caramel shop in Germany. I got a chocolate and caramel covered strawberry and mil got a caramel covered brownie. The strawberry was delicious.

BelleTinkMom
08-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Once they were finished, we just strolled through the countries.

A must do for us at Epcot is to listen to Voices of Liberty in the American Pavilion. I think it was about a 15 minute wait until the next performance. We just took a load off while waiting. My girls just make themselves right at home, I only allowed them to lay out because there was no one else there. I just love listening to them.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/191.jpg

They are awesome; they even bring tears to my eyes.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/193.jpg

As part of my kids surprise this morning, was a carriage chain. They didnít quite know what this was for, except a chain with Cinderellaís carriage on it. I had seen them on another TR and purchased them on ebay for only 2.99 a piece. They were so excited when I brought them inside of Japan and showed them what we would be putting in them. I paid and they choose their oysters.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/194.jpg

Jadenís one was opened first. I think it was 6 Ĺ. Then Madiís was opened. She had twins!!! They were 6 ľ. She was so excited.
They made a Mickey:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/196.jpg

They do this little ceremony after they open them up. It is a wonderful experience.

On our way Shannon and I just had to have a Grey Goose Slush from France. I know I just said that mil was an alcoholic, and here I am having another alcoholic beverage. Well, I think I had a total of 4 alcoholic beverages the whole trip, and mil had more than 4 alcoholic beverages a day!!!!

A few pics of Japan:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/198.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/199.jpg

cont. in next post.

BelleTinkMom
08-21-2011, 10:45 PM
We saw Beauty and the Beast out, but neither one of my kids wanted to wait in line. Madi was scared of beast. I thought about getting in line for myself, but I didnít. This was the first time we have ever seen Beast out. I snapped this pic as we past by:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/200.jpg

Marie was out in France. Madi just adores her so we got in her very short line.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/201.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/203.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/204.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/205.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/207.jpg

Mary Poppins was out in the UK, and Madi wanted to see her also. She doesnít always want to see characters, so when she does, we jump in line. We got there just in time, they closed the line right behind us.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/208.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/212.jpg

The UK:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/213.jpg

I read a TR here on the boards that they had the phone numbers to the phone booths in the UK. They played around with calling the phones and see if someone would pick up. I added the phone numbers as contacts in my phone.

No one knew I had the numbers. Jaden wanted to go into one of the booths and take her picture. So while I took her picture, I quickly told Shannon about the phone numbers and he called the phone. She freaked out but I motioned her to pick up the phone. Shannon was trying to have an accent but she quickly figured it out and we were all laughing so hard, we could hardly breathe.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/215.jpg

One of the other phones kept ringing and when someone would pick up, they would hang up. I promise it wasnít us. We only called the one Jaden was in.

I guess Shannon snapped this of me:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/216.jpg

Canada:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/217.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/219.jpg

continued....

amandaw
08-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Sounds like y'all were having a lot of fun in the WS! :thumbsup2 One day I will stop & get some yummy treats there. That school bread looks delicious!

lbuzz52
08-22-2011, 11:06 PM
We have a nasty school schedule too. We have to leave by 6:30a which comes very early for a kindergartener.

It looks like you all are having good fun at WS! Love the coach/pearl necklaces!

BelleTinkMom
08-29-2011, 10:10 PM
After we made our way around WS, we still had our Test Track FPís to use. MIL did not want to ride and neither did Madi. So, Jaden and FIL used the two extra FPís.

The kids wanted to head back to the resort and swim, so thatís what we did.

On our way out:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/221.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/224.jpg

Once we got back to the resort, we were hungry for supper. I had the chicken alfredo, Shannon had the roasted chicken with mashed potatoes, Jaden had Mac & Cheese and Madi had a cheese pizza. Our total was $42.

The kids swam for a little bit and then we were in bed for 10:30.

Finally, the end of our Day. That took a long time. Maybe I should get on the ball and not go into so much details. :eek: I donít want to bore anyone. :confused3

BelleTinkMom
08-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Sounds like y'all were having a lot of fun in the WS! :thumbsup2 One day I will stop & get some yummy treats there. That school bread looks delicious!

The school bread was delicious. It had the creamiest custard filling. Everything in the bakery looked good.

amytheobald
08-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Can you please share the phone numbers for the phone booths?

magicmia
08-31-2011, 11:43 AM
joining in. Love a great in-law story :) I have so many of my own. ;)

FloridaPixie
08-31-2011, 11:50 AM
Still enjoying your trip report! I just caught up . . .I've been super busy too getting into my kindergartner's new schedule! So many forms coming home, policies for the car line, lots of new information to keep up with!

I am adding the school bread to my list of things to try our next visit to Epcot, I only wish I had of known about it a few weeks ago when we were there!! We did get the yummiest ham and cheese sandwiches in France, so much tastier than you think they will be because they use a type of cheese I am not familiar with and put a big dollop of soft cheese on top. It was awesome! The school bread looks amazing though! I like the idea of the carriage necklace and think I'll do that next trip as well. Looking forward to the rest of your report!

denise4disney
08-31-2011, 01:34 PM
Joining in. Love reading this since I am leaving soon with my family of four, MIL & FIL, my SIL and her husband, 2 boys, my sister and her husband and three kids, and some friends!!!

tyniknate
08-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Hi....joining in your trip report. Have been to WDW before with MIL and I have to say that all things SEEMED great until one night at dinner, about 5 nights into our trip, she stood up and exclaimed "I'm Not Getting My Shopping Done!" And away she stomped. WHAT? :confused3:lmao::confused3
We have been here 5 days and have asked multiple times "what do you want to do next" only to be told that she didn't care.
We also made a pit-stop at EVERY bathroom we passed.....we must have spent an entire day waiting for her while she was in bathrooms. I've never seen an obsession with bathrooms like she has!
And......we spent two and a half hours looking for her on our first day when she wandered away from us. She had never been to WDW and in fact didn't even know the name of the resort we were staying at or how to get back there. We searched, and searched and searched for her. Now, when she goes with us this time, I've made a shirt that says "Caution: Frequent Bathroom Stops" for the front and on the back it says "Have You Seen My Family?". It's just a joke, but I hope she gets the idea.
Sticking around to see if you have any pointers I can use on how to deal with her this time.

BelleTinkMom
09-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Can you please share the phone numbers for the phone booths?

The phone numbers for the Phone Booths in the UK are:

Left Booth: 407-827-9862

Center Booth: 407-827-9863

Right Booth: 407-827-9861

I also found these numbers:

Phone Booth in Morocco 407-827-9747

Phone Booth in Germany near the restrooms 407-827-9662

BelleTinkMom
09-03-2011, 05:47 PM
:welcome:joining in. Love a great in-law story :) I have so many of my own. ;)

BelleTinkMom
09-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Joining in. Love reading this since I am leaving soon with my family of four, MIL & FIL, my SIL and her husband, 2 boys, my sister and her husband and three kids, and some friends!!!

:welcome: Good luck! That's a big crowd to keep track of.

BelleTinkMom
09-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Hi....joining in your trip report. Have been to WDW before with MIL and I have to say that all things SEEMED great until one night at dinner, about 5 nights into our trip, she stood up and exclaimed "I'm Not Getting My Shopping Done!" And away she stomped. WHAT? :confused3:lmao::confused3
We have been here 5 days and have asked multiple times "what do you want to do next" only to be told that she didn't care.
We also made a pit-stop at EVERY bathroom we passed.....we must have spent an entire day waiting for her while she was in bathrooms. I've never seen an obsession with bathrooms like she has!
And......we spent two and a half hours looking for her on our first day when she wandered away from us. She had never been to WDW and in fact didn't even know the name of the resort we were staying at or how to get back there. We searched, and searched and searched for her. Now, when she goes with us this time, I've made a shirt that says "Caution: Frequent Bathroom Stops" for the front and on the back it says "Have You Seen My Family?". It's just a joke, but I hope she gets the idea.
Sticking around to see if you have any pointers I can use on how to deal with her this time.

:welcome: I would have been so aggrevated. :laughing: Love the shirt. Hope she's ok with the joke!!!

BelleTinkMom
09-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Day 3 Ė May 29, 2011

Magic Kingdom

Up at 6 am Ė AGAIN!! But itís worth it. Everyone was easy to wake up. Of course, we had an ADR at Cinderellaís Royal Table to get to.

We were on our way to the bus stop by 7:15 and at MK at 7:50am. I love walking down Main Street when itís almost completely empty.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/0022.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/0032.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/0052.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/0062.jpg

We made our way through the castle. I think the only other time I passed through the castle was our first trip in 2007. These are so beautiful.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/0082.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/0092-1.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/0102.jpg

Our Breakfast ADR was for 8:15 am.

We got checked in and waited for a few minutes before they called our name. When we headed in, Cinderella was not waiting for us, it was Snow White. My girls were a little disappointed. We met Snow White and I just told them that Cinderella was probably upstairs.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0127FourBySix.jpg

Upstairs we went. Our server was great. The options have changed a bit since the last time we were here. This time, they gave you two options for breakfast. They had the traditional breakfast and a Stuffed French toast option. Everyone choose the traditional, I almost choose the French toast, but decided not to. The girls also choose the traditional breakfast.

Fruit:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0162.jpg

Pastries, sorry we already took some!!!

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0172.jpg

the kids plate:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0212.jpg

My plate:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0222.jpg

up next: the Princesses.

amandaw
09-04-2011, 11:23 AM
I have always wanted to eat inside the castle. Since I don't have any girls, I probably need to do it on our Oct. 2012 trip when my son is still little. :laughing: Can't wait to hear what all y'all did at MK that day! And if the in-laws stayed in line! :rotfl2:

Oh yeah.....and how 'bout them Tigers?!?! :woohoo:

BelleTinkMom
09-04-2011, 12:20 PM
I have always wanted to eat inside the castle. Since I don't have any girls, I probably need to do it on our Oct. 2012 trip when my son is still little. :laughing: Can't wait to hear what all y'all did at MK that day! And if the in-laws stayed in line! :rotfl2:

Oh yeah.....and how 'bout them Tigers?!?! :woohoo:

Eating in the castle is something I would recommend doing at least once. I've seen booys there, they get swords.

All I have to say is GEAUX TIGERS!!!

BelleTinkMom
09-04-2011, 12:58 PM
We are in Tropical Storm Lee. We've had about 15 inches of rain since Thursday and lots of wind. I'm catching up with lots of things being we have to stay home and inside.

continuing with CRT breakfast:

The music started and the princesses started taking their turn. My girls were on the lookout for Cinderella.

First up was Sleeping Beauty.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0242.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0232.jpg

Even though I recommend anyone with girls to try CRT at least once, I didnít really think the princesses spent much time talking and interacting with my girls.

Then it was Ariel:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0252.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0262.jpg

And Snow White, again!

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0272.jpg

Then Belle:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0282.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0292.jpg

They did the wishing ceremony and we still had yet to see Cinderella. Others that came in after us said that they had seen Cinderella downstairs. Now my girls were really disappointed.

Our server came with our check and some good news. He asked if our photos had made their way to our table, of course they had not. He got the photopass guy to come speak to us. He didnít have our photos ready, but he did ask if we would still like to see Cinderella because she was back downstairs and we would get the Cinderella photo with our package. What kind of question is that? Of course they wanted to. He said that when we go back downstairs, just to get back in line and they would get to see her. They took their pictures again and they said they would have it shipped to our resort.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0139FourBySix.jpg

When I picked up our package at the resort a few days later, I kept forgetting, we were surprised that they had shipped up both Snow White and Cinderella photo packages. :yay:

My review of CRT: I enjoyed all the food. The girls also loved their food, they had french toast. The fruit was super sweet and fresh. The princesses didn't spend a whole lot of time interacting with my girls. They did interact a little more with some of the other tables, not all. This was the second time we have eaten here for breakfast, I don't think we will be returning anytime soon just because of the price. If Madi has her way, we will be back. I would recommend anyone eating here at least once. Our bill was $144.81.

Our bellies were full and my girls were happy! What more could you ask for? Wait, a day in the Magic Kingdom!!!!

BelleTinkMom
09-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Magic Kingdom here we come!! This is my favorite park.

Just as our breakfast was finished, the park was just opening. Perfect timing. We would head toward Fantasy Land for Madi.

On our way, we spotted the Evil Stepmother and stepsisters. Girls didnít want to wait in line.

Off to Snow Whiteís Scary Adventure. This was a must do because we never did it before and I think it will not be there much longer.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0332.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0342.jpg

Next was Dumbo. Madi was the only one who wanted to ride.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0382.jpg

The wait was:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0372.jpg

:scared1: So we decided to wait. I don't think we actually waited 40 minutes. I hope the renovation to Dumbo will help the wait times.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0422.jpg

I took this while waiting in line:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0392.jpg

I got these of the new expansion:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0402.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0442.jpg

I send Shannon to get FPís for Space Mountain while we rode Dumbo.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0472.jpg

Tosie
09-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Subbing! I'm really enjoying your report! You have incredible patience with your ILs.

Hope Lee doesn't cause too much trouble for you. We had a visit from Irene and luckily we only had a downed tree and loss of power for a day.

BelleTinkMom
09-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Subbing! I'm really enjoying your report! You have incredible patience with your ILs.

Hope Lee doesn't cause too much trouble for you. We had a visit from Irene and luckily we only had a downed tree and loss of power for a day.

:welcome: Thanks. I do have a lot of patience.

Lee hasn't caused us too much trouble. Just a lot of rain.

BelleTinkMom
09-04-2011, 08:30 PM
No one wanted to ride anything else, so we headed towards Tomorrowland.

One last thing in Fantasyland before we go, the Mad Tea Party. Madiís favorite. Me, Madi, Jaden and my FIL rode. Note: before we left for this trip, my FIL stated: I can ride everything I donít get sick!!! Well, he did get sick. Madi wanted to ride a second time, so she and I rode again.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0482.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0492.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0502.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0512.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0542.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0522.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0562.jpg

Now off to Tomorrowland after a potty break.

We rode the Peoplemover. MIL sat out, as she does for a lot of rides. I like this ride because it is nice and relaxing.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0652.jpg

Queenofallthings
09-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Great updates and now I'm all caught up! I was thinking of you while we were in FL and watching where Lee was heading...keeping you in our thoughts!

I have to agree with you...everyone should do the Castle at least once...it's just pure magic IMO!! I have found the princesses in Norway interact for a longer period of time with each child, but you can't beat the setting in the Castle! Cute pics of the girls!!!

amandaw
09-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Sounds like y'all were getting a lot accomplished in MK that morning! :thumbsup2 And that was great that the girls got to back down & have their picture taken with Cinderella. I'm glad you told me that boys get swords there. That would definitely make my DS very happy! :laughing: Can't wait to hear what else y'all did & if your MIL ever rode anything again! :lmao:

mickeystoontown
09-06-2011, 10:54 AM
I've finally got a minute or two to breath and am caught up again. Thanks to you, I now have all of the phone booth numbers in my cell phone and will be making a phone call or two when we are there in May. :thumbsup2

I hate that Cinderella wasn't there when you arrived at the castle. I wonder what was up with that? Oh well, at least you were able to meet her before you left.

You were able to do a lot in Fantasyland that morning. I don't think a 40 minute wait for Dumbo is too terribly bad. I've seen it at 90 minutes before. :scared1:

CandleontheWater
09-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi there, I'm joining in!

I've been with my in-laws a few times, and it does make for some hairy moments and funny stories. I hope it doesn't get too bad for you! It looks like you guys were having a great day at the MK! I'm sorry that Cinderella wasn't outside to greet you. I'll admit it is a little funny to see the Cinderella's Royal Table insignia on a picture with Snow White! :laughing: But, then again, Aurora's Dad used to run the restaurant in the castle, so that place has a history of being a little mixed up. I'm glad it all worked out in the end!

Can't wait to read more! :)

usd2bmd
09-06-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm subbing in. we also made a trip with my in-laws and I also wondered if I was crazy the whole time. Can't wait to read more..:)

BelleTinkMom
09-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Great updates and now I'm all caught up! I was thinking of you while we were in FL and watching where Lee was heading...keeping you in our thoughts!

I have to agree with you...everyone should do the Castle at least once...it's just pure magic IMO!! I have found the princesses in Norway interact for a longer period of time with each child, but you can't beat the setting in the Castle! Cute pics of the girls!!!

Lee was pretty good to us, just a lot of rain. We have a great levee system here that has protected us from all hurricannes, even Katrina a few years ago.

Sounds like y'all were getting a lot accomplished in MK that morning! :thumbsup2 And that was great that the girls got to back down & have their picture taken with Cinderella. I'm glad you told me that boys get swords there. That would definitely make my DS very happy! :laughing: Can't wait to hear what else y'all did & if your MIL ever rode anything again! :lmao:

We did do alot that morning. Cinderella was the main reason Madi wanted to eat there, so I'm glad she showed up!!

I've finally got a minute or two to breath and am caught up again. Thanks to you, I now have all of the phone booth numbers in my cell phone and will be making a phone call or two when we are there in May. :thumbsup2

I hate that Cinderella wasn't there when you arrived at the castle. I wonder what was up with that? Oh well, at least you were able to meet her before you left.

You were able to do a lot in Fantasyland that morning. I don't think a 40 minute wait for Dumbo is too terribly bad. I've seen it at 90 minutes before. :scared1:

The TR that I read that had the numbers was hilarious. They would call and let strangers pick up. funny!!

They told the grils that Cinderella overslept that morning.

We did alot in Fantasyland, Dumbo said 40 minutes, but I think it was more like 20-25.

Hi there, I'm joining in!

I've been with my in-laws a few times, and it does make for some hairy moments and funny stories. I hope it doesn't get too bad for you! It looks like you guys were having a great day at the MK! I'm sorry that Cinderella wasn't outside to greet you. I'll admit it is a little funny to see the Cinderella's Royal Table insignia on a picture with Snow White! :laughing: But, then again, Aurora's Dad used to run the restaurant in the castle, so that place has a history of being a little mixed up. I'm glad it all worked out in the end!

Can't wait to read more! :)

I've been with my parents before to, and I just like to be by ourselves. It makes it so much easier. I only have to worry about what my kids want to do.

I'm subbing in. we also made a trip with my in-laws and I also wondered if I was crazy the whole time. Can't wait to read more..:)

:welcome: My inlaws always make me crazy!! Even at home. :laughing:

lbuzz52
09-12-2011, 11:31 AM
great luck with the double photos at CRT!
your shots of the tea cups are nice. i always have such trouble keeping them from being a big blur

BelleTinkMom
09-13-2011, 09:23 PM
great luck with the double photos at CRT!
your shots of the tea cups are nice. i always have such trouble keeping them from being a big blur

I always take about 30 shots and get a few good ones!!!

BelleTinkMom
09-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Next up one of Madiís favorites, the Carousel of Progress. My MIL didnít want to get on because it spins. We kept telling her that you canít even tell. She reluctantly came on. She said she would close her eyes. I really think she puts this all in her head to get a little attention. :confused:
Of course, Madi enjoyed the ride.

Next was Monsters, Inc. Waiting:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0682.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0692.jpg

Not a happy camper:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0712.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0722.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0732.jpg

I love Roz:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0742.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0762.jpg

I am always nervous that I will get picked for these kinda shows. So far, Iíve never been chosen tilÖÖ.today!! :scared1:

I was chosen. I had my purse/cross bag and my camera strap across my chest, apparently two different directions. :laughing: They were crisscrossed across my chest. He was teasing me about having two seat belts on. It was kinda funny, but I was embarrassed!!

We used our FPís for Space Mountain. Shannon, Jaden, FIL and I rode. I had only rode this once before on our first trip. On our 2009 trip, it was closed for refurbishment and in 2010 the line was always too long and we just never got FPís because I was the only one who wanted to ride.
Everyone loved it except FIL, what a big surprise. He was feeling very sick. Jaden and I used the extra two FPís that Madi and MIL didnít use. Jaden loved it. It is now one of her favorite rides. :thumbsup2

amandaw
09-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Your MIL is cracking me up that she is afraid to go on everything! :rotfl: Although, I'm sure it wasn't funny for y'all to have to deal with.

I'm with you - I'm always scared of being picked in "participation" shows. I secretly pray "Not me, not me, not me..." :rotfl2:

Wow, for being someone who can "ride anything", your FIL sure is getting sick on a lot of rides. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Sounds like, all in all, y'all were having a fun day! :thumbsup2

Queenofallthings
09-17-2011, 08:34 AM
I love Laugh Floor and I'm still bummed that we didn't make it there this trip! Looks like a great time for all of you!

BelleTinkMom
09-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Your MIL is cracking me up that she is afraid to go on everything! :rotfl: Although, I'm sure it wasn't funny for y'all to have to deal with.

I'm with you - I'm always scared of being picked in "participation" shows. I secretly pray "Not me, not me, not me..." :rotfl2:

Wow, for being someone who can "ride anything", your FIL sure is getting sick on a lot of rides. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Sounds like, all in all, y'all were having a fun day! :thumbsup2

It wasn't fun because the kids wanted her to ride with them.

I hate to draw any attention to myself. I was so embarrased!!!

My FIL was too funny!! each time he came off a ride, he was so pale!!! I know I shouldn't take joy in his pain, but he kept getting on rides!!!!

BelleTinkMom
09-18-2011, 09:37 PM
I love Laugh Floor and I'm still bummed that we didn't make it there this trip! Looks like a great time for all of you!

Laugh Floor is one of my favorites too. I just didn't like that I was chosen. But it did make for some good laughs!!! :rotfl2:

BelleTinkMom
09-18-2011, 10:52 PM
It was time to head back to the resort for some rest and down time. Once we were back at the resort, we grabbed a bite to eat. We got 2 nugget meals and nachos supreme and shared between the four of us.

Back at our room, we had a little surprise.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0782.jpg

Shannon napped and the kids and I just hung out. I donít know how Shannon could sleep, :confused3 the girls were getting a little rowdy. :laughing:

My in-laws napped. They were already tired and it was only day 2 of touring. :scared1: Will they make it.

Being the girls were getting a little loud, we decided to let Shannon sleep in peace and explored the resort a little. Even though this was our third time staying here, Iíve never explored the resort. I love the huge icons they have around.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0842.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0852.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0872.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0892.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0882.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0902.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0912.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0922.jpg

continued in next post....

BelleTinkMom
09-18-2011, 10:56 PM
continued:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0932.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0942.jpg

We headed into the gift shop for Jaden and I to buy a vinylmation to try and trade. I thought this would be fun for her.

That didnít work to well, because we both wanted to keep the ones we bought.
This is what we got:

Mines:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0802.jpg

Jaden's:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0812.jpg

Up next: Will Shannon ever wake up!!!

amandaw
09-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Sounds like y'all were having a nice, relaxing afternoon at the resort. The pictures are all so cute!

I've thought about getting into either pin trading or the vinylmation trading. I can't decide which one I would enjoy more. The ones y'all got are very cute! I've seen some that, well, aren't so cute. :rolleyes1

Can't wait to read about what y'all did that night!

CdnCarrie
09-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Enjoying the report! Your girls are adorable.

204charity
09-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Subbing! What a great TR. Your girls sure are troopers, really keeping up to the pace of the holiday without much stress or melt-downs hey? I have a question for you - when you arrived back at your room and the teddies were all propped up on the bed nicely, was that mousekeeping doing that with your items you brought with you?

BelleTinkMom
09-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Sounds like y'all were having a nice, relaxing afternoon at the resort. The pictures are all so cute!

I've thought about getting into either pin trading or the vinylmation trading. I can't decide which one I would enjoy more. The ones y'all got are very cute! I've seen some that, well, aren't so cute. :rolleyes1

Can't wait to read about what y'all did that night!

I rather pin trading over vinylmation. Pin trading is a lot easier, in my opinion. Most all cast members have pins to trade and ocassionally you can find pin trading boards at some shopping locations. There was also a pin trading hour at our resort. I have purchased pins off ebay (official pins) which are a lot cheaper that buying pins in the parks. We do buy pins that we want to keep, like attractions or theme parks.

BelleTinkMom
09-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Enjoying the report! Your girls are adorable.

:welcome: Thanks

BelleTinkMom
09-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Subbing! What a great TR. Your girls sure are troopers, really keeping up to the pace of the holiday without much stress or melt-downs hey? I have a question for you - when you arrived back at your room and the teddies were all propped up on the bed nicely, was that mousekeeping doing that with your items you brought with you?

:welcome: I am so blessed that my girls don't have melt-downs. Now, I may have just jinksed (spelling?) myself. :rotfl:

When we arrived back at our room, those items were things my girls brought with them or they purchased as their souviners. They usually sleep with them and when we would leave in the morning, they would just leave them lying around the room. Mousekeeping would make little arrangements with them. They would look forward to what their plush animals did all day!!!

amandaw
09-21-2011, 09:33 AM
I rather pin trading over vinylmation. Pin trading is a lot easier, in my opinion. Most all cast members have pins to trade and ocassionally you can find pin trading boards at some shopping locations. There was also a pin trading hour at our resort. I have purchased pins off ebay (official pins) which are a lot cheaper that buying pins in the parks. We do buy pins that we want to keep, like attractions or theme parks.

Thanks for the info! That's definitely good to know. Think I'm going to be reading up on Pin Trading before our Oct. 2012 trip. Hopefully, we'll get into it on that trip!

lbuzz52
09-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Your inlaws crack me up. I've seen that tactic before too- with the need for the attention. I've bought two vinylmation with the intention of trading and have kept them both. I love that Mousekeeping is playing with ya'll

BelleTinkMom
09-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Shannon didnít want to wake from his nap. The easiest way to get him moving is to let him know he will miss out on eating!!! :rotfl2: That got him up real quick. We had an ADR to get to.

We headed out at 4:15 to hop on a bus back to the MK. Our ADR was at Ohanaís for 5:30.

On the way to the bus stop, I stopped off at the gift shop for some muscle ache cream. I have trouble with muscles in my lower legs. When I exercise a lot or walk a lot, they hurt so bad. With each step I take, its like a sharp knife going up my leg.

On the bus, don't you love those faces!!
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0962.jpg

We were a little early for our ADR. My in-laws were lost because we took the bus to the MK and then the monorail to the Poly.

View from the Monorail landing at the MK:
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0972.jpg

We got to the Poly about 5pm. We looked around a bit.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0982.jpg

Jaden bought her another vinylmation and decided that she will keep this one and trade her first one.

We checked in a few minutes early and just hung out and enjoyed the beautiful views from the Poly. Sorry, no pictures. I would like to stay here one day. Maybe when I win the lottery. Oh wait, I should start buying tickets!!! :laughing:

BelleTinkMom
09-21-2011, 10:54 PM
This was our first time having dinner at Ohana. Iíve heard some great reviews.

OMG! It was great.

First was bread and salad. The dressing was Awesome.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0992.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1002.jpg

They brought out these dipping sauces, I don't remember what they were called. I think one was a little spicy and one was sweet and sour.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1012.jpg

Then they brought out the noodles, broccoli, pot stickers and chicken wings. I was in heaven. I just kept thinking, I wonít have enough room to eat all this food.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1032.jpg

Then they started coming around with all the meats on the skewers. It was all so good. I have no complaints as a whole. The steak was cooked a little more than medium, I order mine medium-rare, but it was still delicious.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1052.jpg

Shannon and I also ordered an alcoholic beverage. I decided on the Lapu Lapu. It was great, just what I needed.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1022.jpg

and the kids got the light up glasses adn I had to take a pic:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1042.jpg

Now, the best part of my meal, day, and almost vacation:
DESSERT. I died and went to heaven. This was so good. I will have to try to find the recipe and try to make it at home.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1072.jpg

and the kids had ice cream:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1062.jpg

amandaw
09-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Yum....dinner sounds delicious! We wanted to try OHana on our last trip but the only ADR available on the night I could work it into our plans was for 930 at night! :eek: Not really a good dinner time with a kid! But, we definitely want to give it a try next time we go!

Queenofallthings
09-22-2011, 09:14 PM
I love that picture of the girls on the bus....they are so cute:cutie:

We love O'Hana too....those noodles and potstickers...if I had nothing else, Iwould be a happy girl! Jasmine loves the wings!!! Like you, I think their bread pudding is the best dessert on property!

dizney chick
09-22-2011, 10:35 PM

BelleTinkMom
09-26-2011, 06:39 AM
Yum....dinner sounds delicious! We wanted to try OHana on our last trip but the only ADR available on the night I could work it into our plans was for 930 at night! :eek: Not really a good dinner time with a kid! But, we definitely want to give it a try next time we go!

Dinner was one of the best we had this trip. I will definately be going back there.

I love that picture of the girls on the bus....they are so cute:cutie:

We love O'Hana too....those noodles and potstickers...if I had nothing else, Iwould be a happy girl! Jasmine loves the wings!!! Like you, I think their bread pudding is the best dessert on property!

They are kinda cute!! :rotfl2: They love to make silly faces when I take their picture.

The potstickers and the wings were my favorite, until they brought out the dessert. My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it!!

BelleTinkMom
09-26-2011, 06:46 AM
We headed back to the MK because of EMH til 3am. :scared1: Didnít know if we would make it that late, but we would try.

First up, the Jungle Cruise. The wait time was only 20 minutes.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1082.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1092.jpg

Being silly!

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1122.jpg

Our boat:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1142.jpg

Pirates was next with only a 10 minute wait.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1152.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1162.jpg

We decided to head to the hub to watch Wishes! What a mistake. It took us 30 minutes to be squeezed into the crowd. They were showing the new show on the Castle and the crowds were horrible. We shouldíve just watched from Frontierland. We wouldnít had the best view, but we would have been able to breathe. We watched Wishes and it brought tears to my eyes as usual.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1252.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1292.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1312.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1352.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1362.jpg

When it was over, the crowds were not moving. People were trying to get out and others were blocking the sidewalks to wait for the next showing of the Castle show. What chaos. We stood at a stand still for about 15 minutes, because people were rude and not allowing the people to pass. They were saying that we were in their way and blocking their view. The next show was not until about another 45 minutes. If they would have used their heads and let us pass, we couldíve been out of their way in about 2 minutes. :confused3

Finally, we were out of the crowd and on our way to Splash Mountain. They had to evacuate the building so the FP line was backed up, so that ended up backing up the stand-by line. It took us almost an hour to ride. The only reason we stayed in line, was because this is one of Jadenís favorite rides and she really wanted to ride. So we did and I got SOAKED.

We were going to head out of the park, when my in-laws decided that they would take Madi back with them. What!! :eek:

We decided to head over to Tomorrowland. We wanted to ride Space Mountain but it was having technical difficulty. So we headed to Buzz Lightyear.

Then we brought Jaden on Haunted Mansion. She had never been on it. Of course it stopped on us!! :sad2: Right when you go down backwards, for about 15 minutes. She liked it. She was scared at first, but she liked it.
We headed back to the resort and were on the bus at 2am. We got back to the resort at 2:15 am.

End of the day!!

mickeystoontown
09-26-2011, 09:24 AM
We ate dinner at Ohana this past May and it was, by far, our favorite meal of the entire trip. I'm glad to hear that you all enjoyed it as well.

I hate it when people are rude and won't move for others that are, obviously, trying to leave the parade and fireworks crowds. Like you said, all they had to do was move to the side so you could get around.

amandaw
09-26-2011, 12:12 PM
What a great night....minus the rude people who wouldn't let y'all move. Sounds like y'all got to do a lot of rides. That was nice that your in-laws offered to take Madi back to the resort with them so y'all could stay longer. :thumbsup2

lbuzz52
09-29-2011, 05:12 PM
those people sure created a lot of stress for everyone by being stubborn in the hub.
i love the bread pudding!
i'd dug around for the recipe for pinterest. there are a lot out there, but they are all basically the same.

Ohana's bread pudding (http://******************/disney-travel-in-national/disney-dining-ohana-bread-pudding-at-walt-disney-world-s-polynesian-resort)

BelleTinkMom
10-02-2011, 10:43 PM
We ate dinner at Ohana this past May and it was, by far, our favorite meal of the entire trip. I'm glad to hear that you all enjoyed it as well.

I hate it when people are rude and won't move for others that are, obviously, trying to leave the parade and fireworks crowds. Like you said, all they had to do was move to the side so you could get around.

Ohana is great.

I don't know what was up with everyone at MK. If some would have taken a few steps back and others a few steps forward, we would have been out of their way in 5 minutes.

What a great night....minus the rude people who wouldn't let y'all move. Sounds like y'all got to do a lot of rides. That was nice that your in-laws offered to take Madi back to the resort with them so y'all could stay longer. :thumbsup2

Our night was great. I was very surprised that they offered to take Madi back. :eek:

those people sure created a lot of stress for everyone by being stubborn in the hub.
i love the bread pudding!
i'd dug around for the recipe for pinterest. there are a lot out there, but they are all basically the same.

Ohana's bread pudding (http://******************/disney-travel-in-national/disney-dining-ohana-bread-pudding-at-walt-disney-world-s-polynesian-resort)

That is the first time I have seen rude people at DW.

I will have to try making the bread pudding.

BelleTinkMom
10-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Hey guys. I really wanted to post a couple updates this week. But something unexpected came up that kept us really busy:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grayson/GraysonJames.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grayson/062.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Grayson/060.jpg

My younger sister had her first baby. He is so adorable. I am his godmother.

My sister does have a daughter, who has come to DW with us twice, but she is actually her ex's daughter that we still see. My sister has her all the time. That was not a good relationship and she doesn't always have a stable home. Her ex knows that we are good for her and that's why we still get to see her.

This week I hope to get a few updates posted.

amandaw
10-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Congrats to your sister! Precious baby! :goodvibes

BelleTinkMom
10-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Monday, May 30th.

Our sleep in day. We were tired. We slept in til about 9am. Took our time getting moving and the girls and I headed to the food court while Shannon slowly got up and ready. We just made it there in time to get some breakfast. Jaden had French toast and Madi and I had pancakes. Shannon took so long, he missed breakfast. I donít remember what he ate, or if he ate anything at all.

No real plans for today, except to head to DTD.

The girls swam for a while and we were on our way to DTD by 12:45.

First on the agenda was to eat at WPE. I love this place. Shannon and I was the only ones that ate. I had the BBQ chicken pizza and Shannon had the chicken Alfredo. Our bill would have been $32, but we used 2 counter service credits on the meal plan.

And we are off to do some shopping. We hit Mickeyís pantry, Toy Store, Tren-D, World of Disney and Basin. We purchased a few items. I bought my motherís day gift at Tren-D. I bought a Dooney and Burke purse.

My in-laws were looking for a backpack and sunglasses. They both forgot their sunglasses, or thought they wouldnít need them???? :confused3 Anyway, we headed over to the Westside of DTD to the sunglass shop. I knew he wouldnít buy any sunglasses from there, because it would be all expensive glasses. So we trekked all the way there for nothing because they bought absolutely nothing.

On the way there:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1392.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1402.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1442.jpg

Kids were ready for a snack. We stopped in Disneyís Candy Cauldron. Madi and I got a rice krispy treat and Jaden got a large cookie.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1412.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1422.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1432.jpg

Shannon got pretzelís from Wetzelís Pretzels.

We ate our snack and headed to the bus stop and it started to rain. It was only a little drizzle for about 15 minutes.

Jaden has been asking to have her hair wrapped, but we never had time at the resort, but I promised her we would do it before we left. They were out at the resort when we got back, but we wanted to head to Epcot to see Illuminations. We had only seen it on our first trip in 2007. Jaden had one of her attitude fits because I told her we couldnít wait.

Ok, first time I wondered if I had made a mistake coming with my inlaws. My MIL didnít want to come to Epcot with us because she had been there and there was nothing else there she wanted to see???? :scared1: What!! :eek:

Up next: Epcot and Illuminations.

coteau_chick
10-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Subbing.........I am all caught up:thumbsup2 I can't wait to hear more about your trip. I am also from South Louisiana. We live in New Iberia. I just started a trip report too. The link is in my signature if you want to read along. My oldest daughter is at Disney doing the college program. She won't come home until January 3rd. She has been there since May 23rd.

amandaw
10-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Sounds like a productive afternoon at DTD. We love WPE - yummy pizza! Can't believe your MIL didn't want to go back to Epcot. Oh well - her loss!

CandleontheWater
10-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Yikes, not wanting to see Illuminations must be some sort of Disney cardinal sin! :rotfl2: I can't imagine not wanting to go back to Epcot!

I'm glad you guys enjoyed WPE, we ate there for the first time in May and really enjoyed it also. I'm thinking we'll definitely be back!

Queenofallthings
10-10-2011, 12:18 PM
First off...your nephew is beautiful! Congratulations!

I am dying to see which D & B you boughtpopcorn:: We ended up getting my nieces hair wrapped while we were at MK one morning when there was a downpour...it worked out perfectly! I can't believe they didn't want to go back to Epcot, I'm the exact opposite, it's sometimes the only place I want to go!!

newtexan
10-10-2011, 03:05 PM
coming out of lurking to say hi and let you know that I am really enjoying your tr and esp the photos of the park!

BelleTinkMom
10-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Subbing.........I am all caught up:thumbsup2 I can't wait to hear more about your trip. I am also from South Louisiana. We live in New Iberia. I just started a trip report too. The link is in my signature if you want to read along. My oldest daughter is at Disney doing the college program. She won't come home until January 3rd. She has been there since May 23rd.

:welcome: I will head to your TR.

Sounds like a productive afternoon at DTD. We love WPE - yummy pizza! Can't believe your MIL didn't want to go back to Epcot. Oh well - her loss!

WPE is one of my favorites. What am I saying, I have a lot of favorites. :rotfl2: Maybe that's why I can't ever lose weight!! :confused3

Yikes, not wanting to see Illuminations must be some sort of Disney cardinal sin! :rotfl2: I can't imagine not wanting to go back to Epcot!

I'm glad you guys enjoyed WPE, we ate there for the first time in May and really enjoyed it also. I'm thinking we'll definitely be back!

We always seem to go back to Epcot often. There's always something that we want to go back for!

We like WPE, but next time we will try to Earl of Sandwich. I've heard so many great things. Maybe we can eat at both places. :)

First off...your nephew is beautiful! Congratulations!

I am dying to see which D & B you boughtpopcorn:: We ended up getting my nieces hair wrapped while we were at MK one morning when there was a downpour...it worked out perfectly! I can't believe they didn't want to go back to Epcot, I'm the exact opposite, it's sometimes the only place I want to go!!

Thanks, he is beautiful! I hadn't seen him since Thursday, so I had to go rock him today!!

I will have to take a picture of the D & B. She did eventually get her hair wrapped liked I promised. They are just I want something and I want it now!! :confused3

We seem to venture back to Epcot quite often. There is always something we want to go back and do or eat!!!

coming out of lurking to say hi and let you know that I am really enjoying your tr and esp the photos of the park!

Thanks. I took alot of pictures.

BelleTinkMom
10-10-2011, 09:58 PM
We arrived at Epcot at about 6 pm.

We took another ride on Spaceship Earth.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1452.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1462.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1472.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0903.jpg

What an outfit!!

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1492.jpg

When we got off the ride:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1502.jpg

We headed over to see if Test Track had a short wait and surprise, it didnít. Shannon, Jaden and FIL rode single rider line. Madi and I headed over to see Figment, but it was already closed. We tried Club Cool, also closed. We headed back to Test Track and looked around the gift shop. Madi bought her a Goofy car.

Madi wanted to do some pin trading, so we headed over to the fountain area PIN trading area and she traded one pin.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1512.jpg

Shannon called to say they were done and I met up with them heading towards WS.

Jaden had found two FPís for Test Track on the ground, so she and I went for a ride, while they headed to find a spot for Illuminations.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0913.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/0923.jpg

She lucks out and ends up being the one to ride multiple times.

I called when we were done, and they had a spot right past France. So we headed that way, we were cutting it a little close on time.

I was kinda hungry and wanted to stop in China for some eggrolls, but Jaden didnít want to. She wanted a shaved ice, which she thought was in Italy, but it wasnít. It was actually in Japan. I got one for her and one for Madi. We finally made it. Shannon is so sweet, he had me a Grey Goose slush waiting for me.

I forgot how nice Illuminations is.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1552.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1582.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1592.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1722.jpg

A couple of pics on our way out of the park:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1742.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1752.jpg

Back to the resort. We took baths and had a snack-our brownie from our lunch.

Queenofallthings
10-11-2011, 07:04 PM
You've got it pretty girl...anyone who will have a GGS waiting for you is a keeper!!!! I could ride SE over and over, but I do miss Jeremy Irons as the narrator;)

amandaw
10-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Sounds like y'all had a nice evening in Epcot. I want to try one of those shaved ice things in Japan on our next trip. They look pretty good. Too bad your MIL wouldn't go & enjoy some nice family time in Epcot that night. :sad2:

Desiree
10-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Hi there! I'm late to the party as usual! Looking forward to going back and reading your trip report! I'm also from Louisiana and a certifiable Disney and LSU sports nut!

And I wanted to say that you are a brave, brave woman for bringing the in-laws! :worship:

Ok back to reading!

BelleTinkMom
10-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Tuesday, May 31st.

Animal Kingdom Day.

We were up at 6:15 am and at the bus stop for 7. We had an ADR for Donaldís Safari Breakfast at 8 am.

We arrived at AK at 7:30 am.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1762.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1772.jpg

We waited in a short line for a few minutes and made a bathroom stop.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1792.jpg

And soon they were verifying our reservation and letting us through. We got our stroller and were on our way.

Check-in had a kinda long line, but it went pretty quickly. Then we had to wait again to have our group picture taken with Donald. About 15 minutes total wait time.

Group Photo:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0185FourBySix.jpg

Tusker House Breakfast was really good. There was a big variety and it was all fresh. I really enjoyed the carving station.

We had time before the characters came around to grab something to eat.
Here is my plate:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1842.jpg

And Madiís plate:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1852.jpg

And she wanted a close up of her waffle: :laughing:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1862.jpg

And a little dessert for breakfast. Madi and I went up together to get seconds and shared a plate!

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1922.jpg

Continued in next post....

BelleTinkMom
10-17-2011, 10:20 PM
The characters were great. They also did a little parade, I think Madi joined in.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1832.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1872.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1882.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1902.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1912.jpg

Madi was excited to see Daisy. Our last trip, Daisy was Madiís favorite. We had to meet her before we left, so she was excited to see her.

Overall I would recommend Tusker House to anyone, good food, great characters and not to pricey. Out total bill was $89 and some change.

amandaw
10-17-2011, 11:02 PM
One of these days we'll have to try Tusker House. Sounds like y'all were off to a good start for the day. Maybe MIL will join in on the fun this day? :confused3

Desiree
10-18-2011, 05:54 AM
Woot! Love to see all the LSU/Saints representing going on! I've heard great things about Tusker House. I'll have to give that a shot one of these days!

newtexan
10-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Would you choose Tusker House instead of Chef Mickeys?

BelleTinkMom
10-18-2011, 12:40 PM
You've got it pretty girl...anyone who will have a GGS waiting for you is a keeper!!!! I could ride SE over and over, but I do miss Jeremy Irons as the narrator;)

He does spoil me! We like SE, Jaden is usually the one who asks to go back again and again.

BelleTinkMom
10-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Sounds like y'all had a nice evening in Epcot. I want to try one of those shaved ice things in Japan on our next trip. They look pretty good. Too bad your MIL wouldn't go & enjoy some nice family time in Epcot that night. :sad2:

They were pretty good. My MIL is so not into family time. She would much rather be with her friends. But that's ok, we still enjoyed ourselves. I've learned over the years to not let her bother me.

cajunbaby1
10-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the report and great photos :) Bless you for taking on the MIL. There's not enough money in the world that could have gotten me to take mine (when i was married) anywhere like wdw.
I'm going there in Dec and your photos helped boost my spirits today. We have Finally gotten some rain up here in northern LA and its wet and dreary.

Any who how bout our LSU Tigers. Just so awesome.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

ChefDisneyLu
10-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Awesome TR, your family is beautiful!

Thank you for sharing.

Lisa

CandleontheWater
10-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed Tusker house breakfast! We've done lunch there before and it has been awesome, and I have breakfast booked for our Dec. trip. My DS has been watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and now can name all the characters, so I think he'd get a kick out of a "live" roll-call! :)

Disneybuckeye
10-18-2011, 06:13 PM
A little late to your trip report but now I am hooked. Your girls are so cute and it looks like you are having a great time in spite of your MIL.

Personally the farthest I have ever travelled with my MIL is 10 mintues from her house to the airport one time in the 25 years DH and I have been together. DH's BIL died in Florida a few years ago and I drove DH and MIL to the airport to fly down there. She did not thank me for the ride, nor for the plane ticket that we had to pay for as she had no money to buy one. Obviously we will never take a trip to DW together.

I have gone several times with my family. We do split up quite often which I do think makes for a much more pleasant trip.

Looking forward to reading more. Your food pics are making me hungry. We are eating at O'hanas in December and it is one of my favorites too. I have never had the BBQ Chicken Pizza at WGPE. I might have to try it in December. I loved the Pepperoni Pizza there.

Busymom85
10-18-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm enjoying your trip report. Your girls are darling.

BelleTinkMom
10-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Hi there! I'm late to the party as usual! Looking forward to going back and reading your trip report! I'm also from Louisiana and a certifiable Disney and LSU sports nut!

And I wanted to say that you are a brave, brave woman for bringing the in-laws! :worship:

Ok back to reading!

:welcome: Better late than never. :laughing: Disney and LSU are my two obsessions! Hope you enjoy the rest of our travels.

BelleTinkMom
10-19-2011, 09:43 PM
One of these days we'll have to try Tusker House. Sounds like y'all were off to a good start for the day. Maybe MIL will join in on the fun this day? :confused3

Woot! Love to see all the LSU/Saints representing going on! I've heard great things about Tusker House. I'll have to give that a shot one of these days!

Yes, yall have to try Tusker House. I don't have one negative thing to say about it. The food, service, and characters were all great.

BelleTinkMom
10-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Would you choose Tusker House instead of Chef Mickeys?

I would most definately recommend Tusker House over Chef Mickeys. I will say more when I get to that part of my TR. We have eaten at CM three times and I don't plan on going back. My opinions; slow service, bad food, and expensive. There are so many more options for character meals that are so much better and sometimes cheaper. The only good thing about CM is that you get to see Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy. I don't think there is another character meal that has all these characters. You may find a few together.

BelleTinkMom
10-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the report and great photos :) Bless you for taking on the MIL. There's not enough money in the world that could have gotten me to take mine (when i was married) anywhere like wdw.
I'm going there in Dec and your photos helped boost my spirits today. We have Finally gotten some rain up here in northern LA and its wet and dreary.

Any who how bout our LSU Tigers. Just so awesome.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

:welcome: The only good thing about bringing my MIL, is that she will not come back. Kinda been there done that.

I so wish I was planning a trip to DW soon. Glad to help you smile today.

LSU Tigers #1 all the way to the Championship Game in New Orleans.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

BelleTinkMom
10-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Awesome TR, your family is beautiful!

Thank you for sharing.

Lisa

:welcome: Thanks.

BelleTinkMom
10-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed Tusker house breakfast! We've done lunch there before and it has been awesome, and I have breakfast booked for our Dec. trip. My DS has been watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and now can name all the characters, so I think he'd get a kick out of a "live" roll-call! :)

Tusker House was great. Yall will enjoy the breakfast.

If your son likes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, visit Playhouse Disney at Hollywood Studios, if yall haven't already. Just don't sit right up front, it'll be hard to see. Madi is 6 and she still likes to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

BelleTinkMom
10-19-2011, 10:38 PM
A little late to your trip report but now I am hooked. Your girls are so cute and it looks like you are having a great time in spite of your MIL.

Personally the farthest I have ever travelled with my MIL is 10 mintues from her house to the airport one time in the 25 years DH and I have been together. DH's BIL died in Florida a few years ago and I drove DH and MIL to the airport to fly down there. She did not thank me for the ride, nor for the plane ticket that we had to pay for as she had no money to buy one. Obviously we will never take a trip to DW together.

I have gone several times with my family. We do split up quite often which I do think makes for a much more pleasant trip.

Looking forward to reading more. Your food pics are making me hungry. We are eating at O'hanas in December and it is one of my favorites too. I have never had the BBQ Chicken Pizza at WGPE. I might have to try it in December. I loved the Pepperoni Pizza there.

:welcome: Thanks for reading along.

I prefer to go to disney just my family of 4. Even my oldest daughter, Jaden said that next time we go to DW, she would like it to be just us.

My parents have come with us two times and we don't usually split up and I think that is a big mistake.

O'hanas is the best. I could go for that right now. My mouth is watering just thinking about the bread pudding.

The BBQ Chicken Pizza is so good. I order it without the onions.

BelleTinkMom
10-19-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm enjoying your trip report. Your girls are darling.

Queenofallthings
10-20-2011, 03:08 PM
We loved TH too! I would definitely do breakfast there again:thumbsup2

We were in the same room as you when we went:cool1: The last picture you posted...the CM that's standing at the table behind....that's where we sat!!!

fromscratchmom
10-21-2011, 11:23 PM
FaB trip report. signing on!

BelleTinkMom
10-23-2011, 09:47 PM
After our wonderful breakfast, we headed over to Kilimanjaro Safaris.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1932.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1952.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1972.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1982.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/2032.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/2042.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/2122.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/2162.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/2222.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/225.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/231.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/237.jpg

Continued....

BelleTinkMom
10-23-2011, 09:52 PM
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/241.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/244.jpg

We saw the Lions out for the first time.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/251.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/253.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/255.jpg

Then we went through the Pangani Forest Trail.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/259.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/266.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/269.jpg

I will stop here, I just realized that I don't have all my photos from this day uploaded. I thought I completed the Animal Kingdom. :confused3

BelleTinkMom
10-23-2011, 09:54 PM
FaB trip report. signing on!

:welcome: Hope you enjoy!

Desiree
10-24-2011, 05:47 AM
Wow all the animals appeared to be wide awake that morning!

amandaw
10-24-2011, 09:20 AM
I love to start the day off at AK with the safari. Did your MIL actually ride the safari? :confused3

BelleTinkMom
10-30-2011, 10:27 PM
I love to start the day off at AK with the safari. Did your MIL actually ride the safari? :confused3

Yes, she actually did ride with us. It does get quite interesting later in the day!!

BelleTinkMom
10-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Sorry I've been missing in action. This week and weekend just got away from me. I've been working on some FE gifts for our cruise next summer!!

Back to the TR:

A few more from the Pangani Forest Trail:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/1472.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/276.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/290.jpg

I guess this is how you sleep in the African jungle:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/291.jpg

If you look closely, the baby gorilla was playing around:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/295.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/297.jpg

This was the wait time when we finished up:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/298.jpg

Then off to Camp Minnie and Mickey. Madi wanted to see a few characters, even though we saw some of these this morning.

On our way:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/302.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/304.jpg

We found these little guys on our way:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/305.jpg

continued on next post....

BelleTinkMom
10-30-2011, 10:59 PM
We saw Donald with no wait. He was so funny. Jaden had a pen with Mickey on it and he threw it down and would not use it because it had Mickey on it.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/306.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/308.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/310.jpg

The photopass pics:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0216FourBySix.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0221FourBySix.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0227FourBySix.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0230FourBySix.jpg

I have to stop here. Photobucket keeps freezing.

amandaw
10-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Love all of the photos with Donald. I don't know what it is...but when we've gone to see Donald in Camp Minnie Mickey, there is never a wait to see him. And he's always so much fun....playing around with the kids. On our last trip, he kept playing "keep away" with my son's pen.

Is y'alls cruise next summer a Disney cruise? We went on our 1st one in May (on the Dream) & LOVED it! In fact, I've been pricing out 2013 cruises tonight.

BelleTinkMom
10-30-2011, 11:44 PM
Love all of the photos with Donald. I don't know what it is...but when we've gone to see Donald in Camp Minnie Mickey, there is never a wait to see him. And he's always so much fun....playing around with the kids. On our last trip, he kept playing "keep away" with my son's pen.

Is y'alls cruise next summer a Disney cruise? We went on our 1st one in May (on the Dream) & LOVED it! In fact, I've been pricing out 2013 cruises tonight.

I'm so glad I have someone still following along. I really need to get this TR moving.

Our cruise is a Disney cruise. My girls don't know about it yet. All they know is that it will be the best vacation we've ever been on. We are going with a group of friends and some of their friends. I think it will be about 5 or 6 families I think.

I'm trying to decide when and how to tell them I want it to be a surprise but I want them to know beforehand so we can be excited together.

merbobear
10-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Nice photopass pics! We have only met Donald at Chef Mickey's, but his interaction was great there too...he was flapping his hands around excitedly and kept motioning to the other characters and dissing them. So so funny!

We also saw a baby gorilla playing when we were at AK in May, and it was the cutest thing! We stood there watching him(her?) play for the longest time.

amandaw
10-31-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm so glad I have someone still following along. I really need to get this TR moving.

Our cruise is a Disney cruise. My girls don't know about it yet. All they know is that it will be the best vacation we've ever been on. We are going with a group of friends and some of their friends. I think it will be about 5 or 6 families I think.

I'm trying to decide when and how to tell them I want it to be a surprise but I want them to know beforehand so we can be excited together.

Yep, I'm still here! No worries - take your time with you TR!

Your girls are going to be so excited when they find out about the cruise! And y'all are going to have sooooo much fun. I'd love to make our next trip to WDW a surprise for our son & not tell him until we're almost there. But, I'm terrible at keeping things like that a secret. Good luck in pulling off your surprise! :goodvibes

GrammyJudy
10-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Realy enjoying your report

CandleontheWater
11-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Awesome shots of the lion! You hardly ever seem them up and moving!

And you got to see Lilly, the baby gorilla! It looks like she was having some fun too!

Great morning!

Desiree
11-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Great update and great pics!

204charity
11-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Don't worry! Im still following your TR too!

Queenofallthings
11-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Donald is so much fun...between him and Goofy we get the most interaction here! I love all the photopass pictures they are fantastic!

That cruise you're planning sounds like a blast! Vacations with friends were the best vacations to have when we were little!

donnaf516
11-04-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm still here. Looking forward to more! :thumbsup2

BelleTinkMom
11-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Donald was the only character we had time for.

The Festival of the Lion King was getting ready to start. I like this show. The Lion King was one of my favorite movies when I was younger. I remember when it first came out, my sister was little and we brought her to see it at the movies. We were in teh elephant section. Every time I seen the show, we are elephants!!

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/313.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/319.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/321.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/323.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/336.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/348.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/352.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/324.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/328.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/344.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/354.jpg

That's a lot of pictures. :rotfl:

We went back to Camp Minnie Mickey because we didnít see Minnie the first time and Madi wanted to see her.

Before we got in line, we were getting the autograph books and pens out of the bag. We could not find Madiís book. :eek: We looked everywhere. We think we must have dropped it as we went to the Lion King show, because Madi had it for Donald. She was devastated. Shannon told us to get in line and he would go buy her a new one. :yay: She was ok with that, but she said she lost all her autographs in the lost one. I consoled her by telling her someone would find it and turn it in. The bad news I didnít tell her was that I forgot to put her name in it. :confused3 But maybe, we would get it back. Jaden quickly put her name in hers along with her address. We got in line. Shannon did make it to us before it was our turn to see Minnie. I was even able to put her name and address before it was our turn.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/358.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/359.jpg

Photopass pics:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0237FourBySix.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0264FourBySix.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0292FourBySix.jpg

Will we ever see the autograph book again?

BelleTinkMom
11-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Nice photopass pics! We have only met Donald at Chef Mickey's, but his interaction was great there too...he was flapping his hands around excitedly and kept motioning to the other characters and dissing them. So so funny!

We also saw a baby gorilla playing when we were at AK in May, and it was the cutest thing! We stood there watching him(her?) play for the longest time.

Donald is always so fun.

The baby gorilla was so cute. I couldn't get the kids away.

petals
11-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Catching up luvin all the updates esp the tusker house one.. I'm eating there in 18 days!! :cool1:

BelleTinkMom
11-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Realy enjoying your report

:thanks:

BelleTinkMom
11-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Awesome shots of the lion! You hardly ever seem them up and moving!

And you got to see Lilly, the baby gorilla! It looks like she was having some fun too!

Great morning!

That's the first time we've seen the lions out.

The baby gorilla was so cute. Madi did not want to leave.

BelleTinkMom
11-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Great update and great pics!

Don't worry! Im still following your TR too!

BelleTinkMom
11-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Donald is so much fun...between him and Goofy we get the most interaction here! I love all the photopass pictures they are fantastic!

That cruise you're planning sounds like a blast! Vacations with friends were the best vacations to have when we were little!

Hey Queen. Donald is so much fun.

I always like our Photopass pics. That's the only time we are all in the picture.

This will be the first time we vacation with friends. I hope it goes well.

BelleTinkMom
11-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Catching up luvin all the updates esp the tusker house one.. I'm eating there in 18 days!! :cool1:

:thanks: I'm so jealous. I wish I was going back in 18 days!!

amandaw
11-07-2011, 08:12 PM
The FOTLK show is just terrific! Even my DH, who normally doesn't like the shows, thinks it's great.

I sure hope y'all were able to find the autograph book!

BelleTinkMom
11-07-2011, 09:01 PM
We went to see another favorite of mine, Itís Tough to be a Bug!

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/360.jpg

There was no wait. We walked right on in and just waited for the doors to open. Perfect Timing.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/361.jpg

A few pics from the Tree of LIfe:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/364.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/365.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/366.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/367.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/369.jpg

And the famous glasses:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/370.jpg

Then off to Asia for Kali River Rapids.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/372.jpg

It was a 50 minute wait.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/373.jpg

I really wanted to ride, so we headed in. On the way in, Madi kept saying she really didnít want to ride. Instead of making her, her and I turned around and said we would meet up when they were done.

We went in search of a snack. Madi got chips and I got popcorn and we shared a coke. We did a little sightseeing, and a little shopping. She bought her some headband mickey ears in pink leopard print.

Shannon called when they were done and we met back up. When I left them they were at 4 people, when they returned they were only at 3. They asked me where my MIL was. :confused3 What? The last time I saw her, she was in line with yall. I doubled checked my phone, and I didnít have any missed call from her. My FIL got all excited. He panics at the drop of a hat. It turns out she decided that she didnít want to ride because she didnít want to get wet. She was waiting at the exit of the ride and they never saw her. Why she didnít call me to say she didnít ride beats me. But, thatís her.

amandaw
11-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Awww, sorry you didn't get to ride Kali River Rapids. That's so strange that your MIL didn't find y'all when she got out of line. Oh well, it sounds like you got some fun time with just you & your little one. :thumbsup2

BelleTinkMom
11-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Awww, sorry you didn't get to ride Kali River Rapids. That's so strange that your MIL didn't find y'all when she got out of line. Oh well, it sounds like you got some fun time with just you & your little one. :thumbsup2

I was kinda disappointed about Kali. I really like that ride. What am I saying, I like all of Disney rides. My MIL is strange. I think if she could've flew back home, she would've. :rotfl:

Me and Madi had a great time.

BelleTinkMom
11-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Oh my, I am posting an update during the week. I really like the time change. We have been bathing and getting ready for bed earlier.

Back to AK:

Jaden and I wanted to ride Everest. We rode single rider. She was ok with that because the line was about a 40 minute wait. I told her to wait for me in the store when she was done. When we got off, she said it was good, but it gave her a headache. We decided to ride again, so I texted Shannon and he was ok with that. As we were waiting in line, Jaden decided she didnít want to ride again. I told her that was ok and I told her where Shannon was waiting for us. When I was done, I met up with the rest of the crew and we took a few photopass pics.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0312FourBySix.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0325FourBySix.jpg

We decided to make our way out of the park because we had an ADR at 5pm.

The kids wanted a little snack, so we picked up more chips and some frozen cokes. So refreshing. We stopped to enjoy the scenery and take a few more pics.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/374.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/376.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/378.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/381.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/384.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/390.jpg

Photopass pics:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0356FourBySix.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0370FourBySix.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0378FourBySix.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0385FourBySix.jpg

We also did a little shopping. Jaden did some vinylmation trading and Madi ended up buying her one to trade.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/391.jpg

And goodbye to:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/394.jpg

Queenofallthings
11-10-2011, 08:54 AM
That's a bummer about KKR but we do what we gotta do right when it comes to our kiddies!

Great pictures from AK!

mickeystoontown
11-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Too bad you didn't get to ride Kali River Rapids. We've skipped it the last couple of trips because we didn't want to either 1) get soaked and walk around all day wet, or 2) get soaked and then get on a cold bus back to the resort.

The photopass pictures came out great. I noticed that your mother-in-law was smiling. That's always a good thing. :thumbsup2

Desiree
11-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Loving the AK pics!

BelleTinkMom
11-19-2011, 10:43 PM
That's a bummer about KKR but we do what we gotta do right when it comes to our kiddies!

Great pictures from AK!

I was ok I didn't get to ride. Me and Madi had a good time by ourselves.

Too bad you didn't get to ride Kali River Rapids. We've skipped it the last couple of trips because we didn't want to either 1) get soaked and walk around all day wet, or 2) get soaked and then get on a cold bus back to the resort.

The photopass pictures came out great. I noticed that your mother-in-law was smiling. That's always a good thing. :thumbsup2

I am always pleased with our Photopass Pics.

Loving the AK pics!

BelleTinkMom
11-22-2011, 10:29 PM
On our way out, I made a pit stop at Guest Relations to check on the Autograph book. No luck. :sad2: They didnít have any autograph books turned in that day. She gave me a card with a number for the main lost and found and to try calling tomorrow, because they send everything turned in that day to the main location at night.

Madi was a little disappointed, but I assured her we would call and check.

So off to our Hoop De Doo Review ADR for 5pm.

We arrived at Fort Wilderness by bus, which we had never done before. We always arrived by boat from MK. We were dropped of in the front of Fort Wilderness and we werenít sure how to get to Pioneer Hall. There were others trying to figure the same thing out. I finally figured out the map and we made it by the yellow bus.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/Photo0396FourBySix.jpg

HDDR was great as always. This is one of Shannonís favorite place to eat. We happened to eat here by accident on our 2009 trip. We had an ADR for the Luau and it was cancelled due to bad weather. That left us 2 dining credits unused. We searched for an ADR, but no luck. The only thing available was the HDDR. Since then, Shannon is hooked. We also love it.

We were seated up in the balcony, which was a first for us. We didnít mind, we could see great.

The food was great as always. The only thing we donít care for are the beans. We devoured the cornbread because we were so hungry. We had skipped lunch.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/396.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/397.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/402.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/403.jpg

The show is so funny. It's funny how a few of the characters in the show are the same ones that have been there since 2007.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/398.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/400.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/404.jpg

And the kids' favorite part:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/406.jpg

We headed back to the MK by boat.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/407.jpg

My in-laws headed back to the resort and we headed into the MK.

BridgetR3
11-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Joining in!! popcorn:

We are from south Louisiana as well but on the other end of the state by Lake Charles! Go TIGERS!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

mickeystoontown
11-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Love the Hoop Dee Doo Review post! It's a favorite of our's too...except for the beans, they are always a bit hard or something.

donnaf516
11-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Love the HDDR! Always a blast!

BelleTinkMom
11-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Joining in!! popcorn:

We are from south Louisiana as well but on the other end of the state by Lake Charles! Go TIGERS!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

:welcome: Glad to have you along.

BelleTinkMom
11-27-2011, 10:24 PM
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/408.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/410.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/415.jpg

Once we were in MK, we headed to Tomorrowland for FPís for Space Mountain. I donít quite remember the order of what we did and I donít have any notes about if we actually got FPís and if we actually used them. My notes say we headed over to Splash Mountain and there was a 45 minute wait so we didnít wait. Madi and I rode the Carousel at some point.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/416.jpg

We found a spot in Frontierland to watch the Electric Parade. Madi fell asleep before the parade even started.

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/424.jpg

BelleTinkMom
11-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Parade pics:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/425.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/429.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/434.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/441.jpg

You see Alice pointing our way, she noticed Jaden's Happy Birthday button and told her Happy Birthday!

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/444.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/450.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/451.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/453.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/457.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/460.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/464.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/468.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/470.jpg

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/jsouda/Disney%20b2011/474.jpg

That was a lot of pictures of a parade that you probably seen a dozen times already!

After the parade, we headed back to Splash Mountain and Jaden and Shannon rode with a 5 minute wait.

Then back to the resort.

204charity
11-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Love the pics of the electrical parade!

winkers
11-28-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm late to the party, but when I saw your title a voice inside my head screamed "NOOOOOOOOO"!

I've taken MIL twice and decided never again!:eek:

amandaw
11-29-2011, 09:51 AM
One of these days we'll get around to trying HDDR....the food looks really good!

You got some really great pictures from the parade. But, the one of Madi sleeping is the best....so cute!

ETA: Woo Hoo! How 'bout them Tigers?!? SEC Champs & 13-0!

BelleTinkMom
12-06-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm late to the party, but when I saw your title a voice inside my head screamed "NOOOOOOOOO"!

I've taken MIL twice and decided never again!:eek:

:welcome: It's never too late. I don't think my MIL will ever vacation with us again. And that's quite ok with me.