PDA

View Full Version : Two families cruising together, putting all kids in one stateroom, could it work?

cheesekate2005
07-12-2011, 07:48 PM
So, we are planning an upcoming cruise with several families. We are thinking of possibly putting our two kids in the same room with their two cousins, in a connecting room to us. Does anyone have experience with this? What would it entail? Do I have to have an adult listed in the room? Would it be an incredible hassle with tips/billing/onboard credits etc? Thanks for any input!

twindaddy
07-12-2011, 08:02 PM
So, we are planning an upcoming cruise with several families. We are thinking of possibly putting our two kids in the same room with their two cousins, in a connecting room to us. Does anyone have experience with this? What would it entail? Do I have to have an adult listed in the room? Would it be an incredible hassle with tips/billing/onboard credits etc? Thanks for any input!

You have to have an adult registered in the room, but as far as I know DCL doesnt care where everyone sleeps, assuming they dont trash the joint.

I would use a TA who could try all the different scenarios to see what is cheapest, and then once you get onboard everyone can sleep whever you want.

PrincessShmoo
07-12-2011, 08:18 PM

Yes, you would need to book at least 1 adult in each room. However, as PP stated, you can sleep however you would like. Also, the first 2 persons in a room (regardless of age) will pay full fare. Discounts are on 3rd and 4th persons in a room.

:cutie:

lbgraves
07-12-2011, 08:20 PM
This is done all the time. :) You can go to GS and get extra keys for the kids' room. As said, they don't really care who is sleeping in each room.

mmouse37
07-12-2011, 08:22 PM
After you board you can can get extra KTTW cards for each room so you could enter your room and the kids room. You then have two KTTW cards.

MJ

cheesekate2005
07-12-2011, 08:37 PM
This is done all the time. :) You can go to GS and get extra keys for the kids' room. As said, they don't really care who is sleeping in each room.

That is great news! Getting the right keys for the room you are actually sleeping in/living in is one thing I was worried about!