PDA

View Full Version : Booking air travel with DCL

cyclenut
07-12-2011, 08:05 PM
I just ran across an interesting issue in booking airfare through DCL.

I'm less than 30 days out and I've already received my travel documents from DCL. I recently received an e-mail informing me that my airfare and all transfers were already taken care of because I booked through DCL, but that I should check with the airline for seat assignments, etc.

Well, that is when I started looking for some sort of airline confirmation number, eTicket number or other booking code. Nothing.

I called DCL and the happy and helpful person on the other end looked it up and sent me an e-mail with everything I needed also informing me that I would not be able to view that information on-line. Not sure why.

Oh, and the seats are already assigned.

It all seems to have worked out just fine, but I was curious if this was just me or if anyone else had run across the same thing.

mmouse37
07-12-2011, 09:59 PM
I just ran across an interesting issue in booking airfare through DCL.

I'm less than 30 days out and I've already received my travel documents from DCL. I recently received an e-mail informing me that my airfare and all transfers were already taken care of because I booked through DCL, but that I should check with the airline for seat assignments, etc.

Well, that is when I started looking for some sort of airline confirmation number, eTicket number or other booking code. Nothing.

I called DCL and the happy and helpful person on the other end looked it up and sent me an e-mail with everything I needed also informing me that I would not be able to view that information on-line. Not sure why.

Oh, and the seats are already assigned.

It all seems to have worked out just fine, but I was curious if this was just me or if anyone else had run across the same thing.

Many people do not like booking DCL air because they can't find out their seat assignments until 30 days out and can't pick the flight, time, seats, etc. without there being a custom air charge.

Glad it worked out for you but DCL does not even guarantee that families will sit together....or on the best flight to Orlando. They book blocks of seats on flights and then fill them. there are certain times that I think DCL is the way to go like during holiday times when DCL can get airfare usually cheaper than regular flights....but people need to do what is best for their situation.

MJ

luvdisney24
07-13-2011, 08:52 AM
I have a friend who booked air for her Med Cruise through DCL. DCL booked them on a 10am flight home from Barcelone. When she first booked the cruise, DCL told her not to book a flight before 12:30pm. Now she's worried about making that 10am flight. This is why I like to book air on my own. I like to have control over the times.

cyclenut
07-13-2011, 11:24 AM
I have a friend who booked air for her Med Cruise through DCL. DCL booked them on a 10am flight home from Barcelone. When she first booked the cruise, DCL told her not to book a flight before 12:30pm. Now she's worried about making that 10am flight. This is why I like to book air on my own. I like to have control over the times.

Now that seems a bit odd. If DCL booked the flight, they also do all the ground transportation. I'm sure they'll get her off the ship and to the airport in time, but I understand the concern.

I am also a little concerned that DCL is flying us out the day of the cruise. If I were doing this myself, I'd fly in a day early and stay a night somewhere. But since DCL booked it this way and does all the ground transportation, they state that they will get you on the ship.

What I found odd is that the e-mail sent to me by DCL said I needed to arrange the seat assignments and yet they already did it for us. Further, I'm not sure why I had to call to get this information. It should have been sent to us. We need it to check in with the airline.