PDA

View Full Version : Snacks....

smalltowngirl504
07-12-2011, 06:52 PM
do they cost extra??? if so what are the price ranges/.?
:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

PrincessShmoo
07-12-2011, 07:13 PM

What kind of snacks?

Candy, popcorn and such outside the theatres, yes, costs extra.

Burgers, chicken strips, pizza at the fast food places, no, they are included in the fare.

Sodas at the drink station are also included.

:cutie:

sdchickie
07-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Mickey ice cream bars and cookies are free from room service too! :yay:

twindaddy
07-12-2011, 07:42 PM
How is the pizza at the pizza place? I am not a pizza snob, I love Costco pizza, is DCL pizza more in the chucky cheese range (tolerable but not very good)?

Will they make you a fresh pizza if you ask?

Cerberus9
07-12-2011, 07:48 PM
How is the pizza at the pizza place? I am not a pizza snob, I love Costco pizza, is DCL pizza more in the chucky cheese range (tolerable but not very good)?

Will they make you a fresh pizza if you ask?

It's not bad, not great (it's probably Costco-quality). (None of the food on board is really all that great, with the exception of Palo, imho).

They usually give it out by the slice, but I imagine they'd make you a fresh one if requested.

smalltowngirl504
07-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks!!!! :beach: always good to know!!! so ice cream cones and such would be extra?? in the theaters that stuff is included?? this is obviously my first cruise!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

PrincessShmoo
07-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks!!!! :beach: always good to know!!! so ice cream cones and such would be extra?? in the theaters that stuff is included?? this is obviously my first cruise!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ice cream is available at the fast food areas (pool deck). Included.

Snacks available at the theatres are not included.

mmouse37
07-12-2011, 08:53 PM

No, ice cream from the pool deck or ice cream from room service is included.....the snacks outside the movies and show theatre have a charge (popcorn, pretzels, chips, nuts, candy, etc.)

But...you can bring food into the theatre from the quick service places or room service.

MJ

DisPrincess26
07-12-2011, 08:59 PM

Depends on what snacks you want, basically the only food you have to pay for is that snacks outside of the theater, and the pre-packaged snacks from room service (candy, popcorn)

You can get free snacks from room service such as Mickey ice cream bars, cake, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, french fries.

They also have a soft serve ice cream dispenser on the top deck that is also free

My favorite snack to take into the movie theater is chocolate chip cookies (from room service) and soda from the beverage station. Best free snack for the movies :3dglasses

mommyofthreeboys
07-12-2011, 10:36 PM
so ice cream cones and such would be extra??

No actual cones available. Only ice cream. People are known to bring a small box of cones so they can make their own.

ibouncetoo
07-12-2011, 10:42 PM
No actual cones available. Only ice cream. People are known to bring a small box of cones so they can make their own.

Cones on the Dream! :thumbsup2

mommyofthreeboys
07-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Cones on the Dream! :thumbsup2

Really??? Where have I been? :goodvibes Thanks!

twindaddy
07-13-2011, 12:43 AM
How much is the popcorn outside the theater?

Starshine95123
07-13-2011, 12:50 AM
I keep hearing about the Mickey bars from room service or the kids menu. Are they available anywhere else? I need to try one (or more :lmao:).

maria-fan-22
07-13-2011, 12:52 AM
How much is the popcorn outside the theater?

The popcorn is expensive as I recall. It is also NOT freshly popped. It's all prepackaged. pirate:

maria-fan-22
07-13-2011, 12:54 AM
I keep hearing about the Mickey bars from room service or the kids menu. Are they available anywhere else? I need to try one (or more :lmao:).

You can get the mickey bars from Room Service and The Dining Rooms Only. pirate:

DisPrincess26
07-13-2011, 01:46 AM

:rolleyes1 FYI, you won't find the Mickey Bars listed on the room service menu, the notice of their availability has gotten around by word of mouth, so it is something you have to ask for. But they do have them :mickeybar

HermanTriplets+1
07-13-2011, 01:55 AM
Is there anywhere to use a microwave, or a way to ask a waiter/room steward to microwave something? If so, we could bring popcorn... popcorn:: But I'm thinking that the answer is probably "no" since I haven't seen it mentioned here on the all knowing DIS!

gigipris
07-13-2011, 04:14 AM
what about the snacks from Cove Cafe??:confused3

SuperStar94
07-13-2011, 06:18 AM
Cones on the Dream! :thumbsup2.

And on the Magic on the June 8th Med cruise! Hope this continues to become regular on all ships, the icecream tasted so much better in a cone ;)

what about the snacks from Cove Cafe??:confused3

The snacks from cove cafe are free too, just help yourself. The coffee, etc, there you have to pay for unfortunately.

Beth D
07-13-2011, 06:52 AM
Is there anywhere to use a microwave, or a way to ask a waiter/room steward to microwave something? If so, we could bring popcorn... popcorn:: But I'm thinking that the answer is probably "no" since I haven't seen it mentioned here on the all knowing DIS!

We think alike! I always travel with microwave popcorn bags! So easy to pack and most hotels have a microwave in the lobby.

Does anyone else also travel with their purse/bag loaded with fruit snacks and mini bags of other snacks? :thumbsup2

Anyone, anyone know the answer about a microwave??:confused3

alikat99
07-13-2011, 06:56 AM
No - on the microwave for popcorn! My daughter will be sad, because her new fave snack is popcorn, but she'll have to do without. Besides, I can't imagine that awful smell when someone burns the popcorn (because someone always does).

smalltowngirl504
07-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks for all the great information :cool1::worship:

Mythicalbee
07-13-2011, 02:36 PM
We think alike! I always travel with microwave popcorn bags! So easy to pack and most hotels have a microwave in the lobby.

Does anyone else also travel with their purse/bag loaded with fruit snacks and mini bags of other snacks? :thumbsup2

Anyone, anyone know the answer about a microwave??:confused3

Was at the park today and ran into a friend of mine, and the first thing her son said was 'Do you have snacks?' Yes, buddy, I do :)

I gave birth to boys who can not go without eating every 2 hours, and yes they've even been known to wake us up and ask for a snack in the middle of the night!!!

My favorites are (and what I plan to bring with on the cruise): granola bars, raisins/yogurt raisins, annie's organics snack bags of cheddar bunnies, bags of apple slices/apple slices and grapes, Trader Joes has a great dehydrated snack section with blueberries, snap peas, bananas, etc., and dole apple bites (I think they also come in mango and pineapple)

We too love popcorn - bet we could pop our own and use ziploc bags as snack bags? anyone ever tried doing that???

Great thread!:thumbsup2

famo3cruise
07-13-2011, 02:49 PM
that just cracks me up.. sooooo true!!! lol:rotfl:

mmouse37
07-13-2011, 03:14 PM
And on the Magic on the June 8th Med cruise! Hope this continues to become regular on all ships, the icecream tasted so much better in a cone ;)

The snacks from cove cafe are free too, just help yourself. The coffee, etc, there you have to pay for unfortunately.

FYI...the snacks at the Cove Cafe on the Dream are not self serve....the CM got them out for you as there is no self service access to the case......the case door is behind the counter.

MJ

DisPrincess26
07-13-2011, 03:18 PM
We too love popcorn - bet we could pop our own and use ziploc bags as snack bags? anyone ever tried doing that??

My understanding is that the only food that can be brought on board has to be factory sealed/prepackaged & unopened. I don't think food in ziplock bags would be allowed. :confused3

marcemc
07-13-2011, 04:06 PM
FYI...the snacks at the Cove Cafe on the Dream are not self serve....the CM got them out for you as there is no self service access to the case......the case door is behind the counter.

MJ

What do they have for snacks at The Cove? Is there a Cove Cafe on the Wonder?

oklamomof4boys
07-13-2011, 04:22 PM
When we were on the Dream Cove Cafe had some petit four type cakes, some little slices of banana bread, a few cookies and chocolate covered strawberries. It varied each day- they didn't always have all of these things.

We always bring boxes of movie theater candy with us- much cheaper to buy at Dollar General than on the ship!

mmouse37
07-13-2011, 04:58 PM
What do they have for snacks at The Cove? Is there a Cove Cafe on the Wonder?

Yes, there is a Cove Cafe on all the ships. All Cove Cafes are for 18 and older.

MJ

HigginsFamily3
07-13-2011, 05:09 PM
I have made arrangements to order my daughter a gift basket with snacks and such from The Perfect Gift (heard about it from the another thread).

The lady I spoke to was amazing and really helped me pick out a great selection of toys, movie snacks, drinks and other items for the cruise. They guarantee delivery to your room so it is there when you board.

I feel that it will be easier then trying to haul all that stuff around and get it on the ship after spending a week before hand at WDW.

DVC_Corrys
07-13-2011, 07:25 PM
The real question is do they have root beer?? If so then I am going to have a root beer float overdose.

Mythicalbee
07-13-2011, 08:23 PM
My understanding is that the only food that can be brought on board has to be factory sealed/prepackaged & unopened. I don't think food in ziplock bags would be allowed. :confused3

I have made arrangements to order my daughter a gift basket with snacks and such from The Perfect Gift (heard about it from the another thread).

The lady I spoke to was amazing and really helped me pick out a great selection of toys, movie snacks, drinks and other items for the cruise. They guarantee delivery to your room so it is there when you board.

I feel that it will be easier then trying to haul all that stuff around and get it on the ship after spending a week before hand at WDW.

Good point about the prepack'd food -- well, we should have enough snacks to last us at least the first three binges :lmao:

and GENIUS on the perfect gift -- had considered ordering gift baskets from Disney but I bet the perfect gift will be more capable of custom creating something for us. Thanks for posting the suggestion and how excited will the kids be to see TREATS!!!!! :rotfl:

PrincessShmoo
07-13-2011, 08:52 PM
The real question is do they have root beer?? If so then I am going to have a root beer float overdose.

I think you can order it at the bars, but I'm not sure they have it at the soda station.

ibouncetoo
07-13-2011, 09:10 PM

LOVED the basket my sister had Shirley do for me for our cruise. A six pack of DIET ROOT BEER and a few snack bags of Cheetos (she figured I couldn't survive the week withouth them). Also had a stuffed Tigger, Tigger Mug, Tigger beach towel...it was great!

The root beer on the ship is Barq's and CocaCola, in their infinate wisdom. adds caffine to it! :sad2: There hasn't been any diet Barq's offered that I am aware of. I bring my own and have been know to share with friends so root beer floats can be had by all!

smalltowngirl504
07-13-2011, 10:38 PM
I dont drink caffeine disappointing to hear that they add it to their rootbeer :sad1: I looked up the perfect gift...what an awesome idea thanks so much for that :hug:

DisPrincess26
07-13-2011, 11:32 PM

Good point about the prepack'd food -- well, we should have enough snacks to last us at least the first three binges :lmao:

and GENIUS on the perfect gift -- had considered ordering gift baskets from Disney but I bet the perfect gift will be more capable of custom creating something for us. Thanks for posting the suggestion and how excited will the kids be to see TREATS!!!!! :rotfl:

I dont drink caffeine disappointing to hear that they add it to their rootbeer :sad1: I looked up the perfect gift...what an awesome idea thanks so much for that :hug:

What is "The Perfect Gift"? :confused3

ibouncetoo
07-14-2011, 12:06 AM
What is "The Perfect Gift"? :confused3

http://theperfectgift.cc/

Shirley has a thread here on the DIS "helpful hints" all about Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach and is a good friend to the DISboards! :grouphug:
Call the shop and they'll discuss all kinds of ways to personalize gift baskets for you.