PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Procession Dinner Package

chirurgeon
07-08-2011, 02:12 PM
I just saw what they are charging for the dinner package this year. :scared1: I haven't paid for the package in several years, but those prices are insane. $65 for the top tier, $50 for the lowest. I might have to go for the San Angel Inn. I guess I'm in the minority and like their food. I just don't know about paying $65 for the top tier. I was hoping to get Teppan Edo.

Kim

JenniBugInPink
07-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Where did you see the information? Do you know when they are going to start taking reservations? Last time I saw anything, it was "sometime in July", but when I called, the CM said August. :confused3

goofy4tink
07-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Deb has July 26 listed as the sell date over on allears. But Disney hasn't listed a date yet. So, who knows for sure.
In any case, I have bought the CP pkg every year, at least once, for the past 8 years. I dearly want to see Neil Patrick Harris this year. My dd is going with me as well. But, I can't justify the cost. I know what it will cost us to eat at one of those restaurants without the pkg...so I resent it like crazy to pay the price they are asking for just to sit down (for sure) in the theater and then to get a 'special' IllumiNations viewing spot. And they say you aren't paying anything extra for the pkg..yeah, right.
I don't know...this may be the year I go without, and just stand in back and watch from outside the theater. We'll see.

chirurgeon
07-08-2011, 03:59 PM
I want to see Neill too. The night before the Harry Potter Party.

Kim

ADP
07-08-2011, 04:00 PM
If I remember correctly, the 20% TiW discount does not apply to the CP package. If you just make an ADR and dine at the restaurant they'll take th 20% TiW discount. This is, of course, if you have a TiW card. The only downside is you'll have to wait in the standby line for the Candlelight Processional.

TIGGERmetoo
07-08-2011, 05:02 PM
I want to see Neill too. The night before the Harry Potter Party.

Kim

Neil Patrick Harris is on the 10th - the same day as the Harry Potter event.

ninecrayons
07-08-2011, 05:13 PM

NPH is slated to do the show December 10th - 12th. That may very well effect the days I take off from work since I had planned on taking off Friday and coming back Sunday.

chirurgeon
07-08-2011, 05:14 PM

Well, RATS!!!!!!!! Now what do I do? I guess I can do the 5p show and then head to where ever the DU transportation to the party is. I have to check the schedule again. See who else is going to be there when I'm there.

Kim

ninecrayons
07-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Well, RATS!!!!!!!! Now what do I do? I guess I can do the 5p show and then head to where ever the DU transportation to the party is. I have to check the schedule again. See who else is going to be there when I'm there.

Kim

I may try to do this as well. I'll likely have a rental car, so that should work out.

How long is CP?

JenniBugInPink
07-09-2011, 11:59 AM
NPH is slated to do the show December 10th - 12th. That may very well effect the days I take off from work since I had planned on taking off Friday and coming back Sunday.
We're planning on going the 12th. Who am I kidding? Husband hasn't spent a nanosecond planning a single trip we've ever taken! I want to go the 12th, LOL! Just gotta' see Neil Patrick Harris myself! :lovestruc

siskaren
07-09-2011, 01:04 PM
I may try to do this as well. I'll likely have a rental car, so that should work out.

How long is CP?

I have the CD which has a playing time of a little under 40 minutes, but the last time I went, I thought it went 45 or maybe a little longer