PDA

View Full Version : NE GKTW Peeps - how was the movie?

OKW Lover
07-04-2011, 06:06 AM
Val & I had a great time at the NE GKTW meet. It was so much fun chatting with friends, new and old. Strangely enough we seldom talked about the actual movie. So; what did everybody think about the movie itself? :3dglasses

I'll forge right ahead and say that I enjoyed it, Val less so. And both of us have exactly the same reason. It was basically every James Bond film ever made. Yes, I love the whole James Bond franchise, Val not so much. popcorn::

Did anybody spot the easter egg? Supposedly in the scene where Mater is parasailing over the race you can see "A113" in the clouds. I missed it myself.

starwood
07-04-2011, 06:28 AM
There was so much to see in this movie I'll have to watch it many times more. Did you notice when they passed the drive-in movie sign they were showing "The Incredimobiles"?

OKW Lover
07-04-2011, 06:32 AM
There was so much to see in this movie I'll have to watch it many times more. Did you notice when they passed the drive-in movie sign they were showing "The Incredimobiles"?

Nope - I missed that. Did see "Gaston's" in one of the Paris scenes.

starwood
07-04-2011, 07:41 AM
That was the one I couldn't remember. But it was Gastow's LOL.

OKW Lover
07-04-2011, 08:21 AM
I also noticed some advertising banners along the crash rails in the London race scene where one of the advertisers was Lasitire.

OKW Lover
07-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Pretty even so far...popcorn::

safetymom
07-04-2011, 05:22 PM
I enjoyed the movie. Lots more to take in with this movie than the first. I will be going to see it again.

travisx4
07-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Enjoyed the movie but the original Cars ruled.

MelissaFromRI
07-04-2011, 10:58 PM
I have to admit , I didn't like the original Cars movie :upsidedow

I LOVED "Cars 2" :love:
I thought it was cute , funny and it kept me interested the entire time.