PDA

View Full Version : Hard Rock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club Villas Here we come!

tammydel
07-03-2011, 10:20 AM
My family and I leave tomorrow morning!!!
While I don't want to oversell my abilities by saying I'll do a live trip report, I will try to check in with info and pictures. I know there are many places on the boards - resort boards, trip report boards, Universal boards, etc...where I could put this, but this is the place that covers it all and I feel like is "home base".
I'm a little awkward posting from my phone but I will do my best, especailly if there is something anyone wants to hear about or see.

Our plan is:
Hard Rock Club Level 7/4-8
2 cabana days, dinner at Palm and Bice, Blue Man Group and as much butterbeer as I can buy! (anyone who is in the area - my daughter would love someone to ride the BIG, SCARY ROLLERCOASTERS with...the rest of the family is cursed with either fear of heights, motion sickness or just plain good judgement!)

Bay Lake Tower 1BR 7/8-12
Planning on boating and lake activities(NOT SWIMMING!:rotfl:), well, swimming, but in pools.
Wave, Nine Dragons (:scared1:), Chef Mickey, Gardenview Tea, Via Napoli and the Journey cover band and maybe Blizzard Beach

Beach Club Villa Studio 7/12 - 17
There's no place like home....(our DVC home that is)
Biergarten, Teppan Edo, Cape May breakfast, Le Cellier lunch

So there it is for anyone who is interested, I'll try to post pictures or info.
I always love hearing the adventures of others - so I do this as a "Thank You" to the Dis community:goodvibes.

Tammy

tammydel
07-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Checked in to Hard Rock, very quick and friendly. Room isn't ready yet, but that is ok, that's why we booked a cabana for today. We are all settled in, had our first frozen adult beverages and lunch. Life is good. Deciding if we should brave July 4th crowds in the Studios to see the show tonight.

tammydel
07-04-2011, 12:09 PM
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u334/tammybdel/2011-07-04_12-35-49_265.jpg
DH getting ready to get some sun, cabanas come with nice padded lounge chairs.

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u334/tammybdel/2011-07-04_12-35-40_244.jpg

Kids waiting for food, typical teens taking advantage of free wifi.

cannp123165
07-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned - enjoy your trip! :)

tammydel
07-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Nothing beats staying onsite at Universal and having Express access. We've been walking on to rides all day that had BIG waits. Butterbeer is so delicious, if the line at the cart is long buy it at the bar in 3 Broomsticks!

tammydel
07-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Had lunch at NBA yesterday, food was very good. We had a a few glitches with the service, but we were there when the Casey Anthony verdict was being read, I think they may have been distracted.
Had dinner at Bice at Portofino last night, it was a fabulos meal and a beautiful hotel.
Got up early for Harry Porter, even with 7 am early entry it was still a 40 minute wait. Sadly I have come to realize that I am way to prone to motion sickness to enjoy this ride, I managed Spider Man yesterday, but felt much worse today after Forbidden Journey.

We are seeing Blue Man Group tonight, we've never seen it and I think my kids (DS14, DD13) will really enjoy it.

Not sure what ourdinner plan will be yet.

Tammy

BriarRosie
07-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip so far! I'm not usually that prone to motion sickness, but I found a hard time focusing on parts of the film during the ride through. I had the start of a headache after I got off Forbidden Journey.

I think I might need a dose of Bonine/Dramamine before riding in December. ;)

tammydel
07-06-2011, 04:49 PM
At Blue Man Group, right behind the splash zone. Hmmmmm wondering what the margin of error is......

alice99
07-06-2011, 05:01 PM
I love the Hard Rock!! You can't beat the front of the line privilege.

Hope you are having a great time.

*NikkiBell*
07-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Have a great time!!!!! I saw Blue Man Group in NYC for my birthday last year. Fun!

tammydel
07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Blue Man was a hit! Not sure how I would describe it except a lot of fun!!!! At the Hard Rock Cafe now with this cool view:

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u334/tammybdel/2011-07-06_20-22-29_346.jpg