PDA

View Full Version : Psssttt.. Hey Pete, I hate to burst your bubble....

indy1834
06-30-2011, 05:57 PM
You know those characters at Disney are not real! Im not sure if your comment about wrestling; informing wrestling fans that is isnt real, was meant to make fans of wrestling feel small, or stupid, or what. 99.9% of pro wrestling fans know its not real. Hate to burst your bubble. I would hate to think that you think all wrestling fans are ignorant and stupid rednecks. I have been listening to your show for a while now, even going as far back as the itunes library would take me and playing catch up. I spent 3 years studying law in college and I am now an operations manager of a $4.5 million Goodwill charity store here in Sarasota, Florida. Does that sound stupid to you? Just so you know WWE chairman Vince McMahon "pulled back the curtain" back in the mid 80's. Just because the fans go to the shows and cheer for their favorite wrestler does not mean they all think it is real. The name of the company is WWE the E being ENTERTAINMENT. The same way I go to a WWE or TNA show and cheer, I go to Disney and cheer and cry during the fireworks. I know Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, Hulk Hogan, and John Cena are not "real". It gets very hard for me to listen to your show sometimes because it feels like you guys are a bit snobby sometimes. I enjoy wrestling as much as I enjoy Disney. And btw, im gay. My partner also enjoys both wrestling and Disney. I know it is hard to put on a show and not "offend" people. Im not trying to tell you "never say this again", or "I demand an apology!", because you would have every fan group or minority group down your throat demanding you apologize. I am just saying that it felt like your comment and tone was very condescending and belittling. It felt like you were pointing your finger at wrestling fans and laughing. It felt like you were telling your huge audience that wrestling fans are dumb, ignorant rednecks who are so stupid they dont even know its real. No one wants to feel that way. Not overweight people, gays, or wrestling fans. Thank you guys so much for the great product you put out. I enjoy listening to the show very much and update itunes every 5 minutes throughout the week looking forward to a new show!!!

dansyr2514
06-30-2011, 06:43 PM
huh???
:confused3

indy1834
06-30-2011, 06:50 PM
a comment was made during this weeks show

*NikkiBell*
06-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi indy,

I am sorry to hear that you are upset and feel as if the comments on the show were belittling to wrestling fans. I found Pete's comments to be in jest and not something to take personally. I used to watch wrestling myself many, many years ago and was not offended, but I know that sometimes hearing criticism of things that are important to a person can be difficult. With this being said, please remember that all comments relating to the show, whether they be positive or negative critiques, need to adhere to DIS Posting Guidelines (http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm).

Thank you,

Nicole

dansyr2514
06-30-2011, 07:10 PM
No, I got that. I was just wondering how you got all that out of Pete's 30 second joke.

DisneyKevin
06-30-2011, 07:20 PM
I have been listening to your show for a while now, even going as far back as the itunes library would take me and playing catch up.

And this is the comment that stands out, huh?

You shoulda been around for Costaguadamexirico.

indy1834
06-30-2011, 07:48 PM
No kevin. A lot of them stand out. I just felt moved to post about this particular topic. Like i said i love the show. And my partner thinks I am crazy because i listen to past shows 24/7.......even while im sleeping.

indy1834
06-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Nicole, Did i violate one or more of the guidelines? Thanks for the help.

indy1834
06-30-2011, 07:55 PM
but I know that sometimes hearing criticism of things that are important to a person can be difficult.

I did not see his comment as a criticism, but more of a jab at fans.

Mike2023
06-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Hold on, let's back the wwe train up.... WWE is fake???????? You should have put "spoiler alert" in the subject line of this post!!!

Really though, it was a joke and Pete meant nothing by it. If you really have been listening to older podcasts you should realize this.

I really hope this does not get blown way up.

jcb
06-30-2011, 08:15 PM
A fairy dies every time someone says Tinkerbell is not real. Please be kind to fairies.

k5jmh
06-30-2011, 08:43 PM
A fairy dies every time someone says Tinkerbell is not real. Please be kind to fairies.

And Jesse "the Body" loses another hair...

Disney Dad Canada
06-30-2011, 08:48 PM
At least Disney fans KNOW that the characters are fake. And yes, I know several people who think WWE is real and not scripted.

dansyr2514
06-30-2011, 09:01 PM
The characters at Disney are not fake. I'm sure some of the kids that might be reading over mom or dad's shoulder would agree with me.:goodvibes

wdwfreeksince88
06-30-2011, 09:04 PM
At least Disney fans KNOW that the characters are fake. And yes, I know several people who think WWE is real and not scripted.
I will have to agree to this. I originally come from an area where most of the wrestling fans think it is real. Not saying they all do but a lot of them do. I think Pete's comment was taken WAY out of context. I felt it was to be fun and joke a bit, not to belittle anyone.

k5jmh
06-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi indy,

I am sorry to hear that you are upset and feel as if the comments on the show were belittling to wrestling fans. I found Pete's comments to be in jest and not something to take personally. I used to watch wrestling myself many, many years ago and was not offended, but I know that sometimes hearing criticism of things that are important to a person can be difficult. With this being said, please remember that all comments relating to the show, whether they be positive or negative critiques, need to adhere to DIS Posting Guidelines (http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm).

Thank you,

Nicole

Nicole,

Who was your favorite Wrestler?

Jimmy

BeamsofLight
06-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Something about this thread reminds me of The Geek Hierarchy (http://www.ifanboy.com/images/ifanboy/geekchartbig.gif). Only we need to pop out a few categories and put in Wrestling and Disney instead...

For the record, I'd be in the Disney Geek and Former Wrestling Geek (I still miss Andre the Giant... :sad1:) categories. And I've met obnoxious/delusional fans in both groups.

In any case, I think those who live in geeky houses shouldn't throw stones, but we're all going to anyway (see above re: hierarchy - it's inevitable in any subculture, I tells ya!) :lmao:

Live and let live, people. :flower3:

lugnut33
06-30-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm a racing fan and have heard the insults about it being a redneck sport all my life, and it doesn't bother me at all. Whatever. I enjoy it and that's all that matters.

Pete pretty much pokes fun at everybody.... and it's funny. Thank goodness you are not an Orlando Magic basketball fan.

Disney Dad Canada
06-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Pete's not prejudice, he hates everyone equally.

Justin Jett
06-30-2011, 10:44 PM
If Pete says wrestling is fake, then it is fake.

Justin Jett
06-30-2011, 11:03 PM
I will have to agree to this. I originally come from an area where most of the wrestling fans think it is real. Not saying they all do but a lot of them do. I think Pete's comment was taken WAY out of context. I felt it was to be fun and joke a bit, not to belittle anyone.

Careful.....I come from where you come from. LOL

kaligal
07-01-2011, 04:07 AM
DH was playing golf once and a couple dumb guys were standing not far from them, swatting at wasps. DH made eye contact and pointed to a sign that read,

Danger
Wasps

One of the guys looked at the sign, back to DH, and said - and I swear I am not making this up - "Danger Wasps?...uh...what kind are them?"

I recently read a story about people who were dying after buying Do It Yourself Gastric Bypass kits and attempting surgery on themselves. They had absolutely no medical or health care backgrounds, but they figured that if they bought the kit and followed the directions, surely they could perform surgery on their friends or even themselves. What could possibly go wrong?

There is nothing out there that is so dumb that someone wouldn't say it, believe it or do it.

simonkodousek
07-01-2011, 04:26 AM
I feel like I should chime in here...

I have been hard on Pete in the past for finding humor in sensitive topics. Sensitive for me anyway.

If Pete tried to appease every single person who listens to the podcast, there wouldn't be a podcast. It is very difficult to make everyone feel warm and fuzzy when the audience is so broad and varied.

I have learned to accept "offensive" comments on the show because what is offensive to someone may very well be found humorous by another.

We don't really think about these kinds of things when watching TV or seeing a movie because the characters in TV shows and movies are not A) realistic, or B) we do not feel a sense of family, friendship, closeness, whatever you want to call it, to ordinary people you listen to on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis discussing one topic at a time... and sometimes going off those topics. ;)

I'm not telling you what to do by any means, but I would encourage you to take a step back and look at why you are offended by Pete's comments about wrestling. Would you be offended if those comments were made in a movie or TV show? Would you turn off the movie or change the channel?

Just food for thought...

topolino
07-01-2011, 06:17 AM
DH was playing golf once and a couple dumb guys were standing not far from them, swatting at wasps. DH made eye contact and pointed to a sign that read,

Danger
Wasps

One of the guys looked at the sign, back to DH, and said - and I swear I am not making this up - "Danger Wasps?...uh...what kind are them?"

I recently read a story about people who were dying after buying Do It Yourself Gastric Bypass kits and attempting surgery on themselves. They had absolutely no medical or health care backgrounds, but they figured that if they bought the kit and followed the directions, surely they could perform surgery on their friends or even themselves. What could possibly go wrong?

There is nothing out there that is so dumb that someone wouldn't say it, believe it or do it.

I have no idea what this has to do with the thread, but I found the first part of this post hilarious!:lmao:

topolino
07-01-2011, 06:24 AM
To the OP:

Listen, we all have our causes in life that we feel strongly about. To me, some are worth defending much more than others. For example, I am a huge soccer fan. Living in America, most of my friends prefer American football, basketball etc. and enjoy teasing me about my love for soccer. I realize that soccer is only a sport and hardly worth getting upset or angry about. In life we sometimes have to choose our battles.

To be perfectly honest, being a huge fan of wrestling that you are, Pete's comment was probably mild compared to what you are used to hearing. If one of the podcasters had made a similar comment about a sport I love, such as, just for example "soccer is boring", or "soccer players spend half the game writhing on the ground in fake injury", I probably would've just rolled my eyes as I've heard it many times before. I wouldn't have dreamed of becoming upset or starting a thread about it. Your sensibilities towards wrestling may be more sensitive, but sometimes we need to not sweat the small stuff.

wdwfreeksince88
07-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Careful.....I come from where you come from. LOL

I said not all of them do. lol:rotfl:

Oglet
07-01-2011, 07:17 AM
Hi indy,

Thank you,

Nicole

I didn't quite catch what was wrong with the post? Could you please point out what was possibly wrong with it?

Thanks

After thought:
Maybe not the actual post but the topic?

jlindemer
07-01-2011, 07:37 AM
I think Nikki was just giving a warning to watch what is said. There are infractions w/points that I could see being given if the thread turned ugly. Examples would be argumentative sarcastic posts, attack on a moderator, minor personal attack, maor personal attack, etc. I don't think that the original post did anything (Nikki would have edited/removed the post if it did I'm sure), but it could have easily went in that direction.

FireDancer
07-01-2011, 07:46 AM
I realize this will not be the popular opinion but I don't think anything is off limits when it comes to humor or comedy. I hear people all the time say things like "I have a dark sense of humor but to joke about <whatever> is just too far".

As a daily O&A listener I can tell I've heard jokes about just about any cringe-inducing topic you can think of and not once have I ever been offended because someone told a joke about anything.

OP, I think you just became hits too close to home guy. That is the guy that will laugh at all kinds of jokes about all kinds of subjects but all of a sudden something hits too close to home and the humor stops and the offense begins. Please, don't be that guy. There is nothing wrong with not laughing at a joke or about a subject but there is no need what so ever to be offended by humor, even if it is brutal and about a subject that hits close to home.

Lastly, while wrestling isn't real I can assure you paragraphs are. Just sayin'.

That's right kids, punctuation humor coming right at ya.

All of this is merely my opinion. Well, except for paragraphs being real. I have that on pretty good authority.

SDSorority
07-01-2011, 07:54 AM
I didn't quite catch what was wrong with the post? Could you please point out what was possibly wrong with it?

Thanks

After thought:

You can't post a thread directed to a specific person- that's what PM's are for. I think that's what Nikki was talking about.

SDSorority
07-01-2011, 07:56 AM
I realize this will not be the popular opinion but I don't think anything is off limits when it comes to comedy. I hear people all the time say things like "I have a dark sense of humor but to joke about <whatever> is just too far".

As a daily O&A listener I can tell I've heard jokes about just about any cringe-inducing topic you can think of and not once have I ever been offended because someone told a joke about anything.

OP, I think you just became hits too close to home guy. That is the guy that will laugh at all kinds of jokes about all kinds of subjects but all of a sudden something hits too close to home and the humor stops and the offense begins. Please, don't be that guy. There is nothing wrong with not laughing at a joke or about a subject but there is no need what so ever to be offended by humor, even if it is brutal and about a subject that hits close to home.

Lastly, while wrestling isn't real I can assure you paragraphs are. Just sayin'.

All of this is merely my opinion. Well, except for paragraphs being real. I have that on pretty good authority.

:thumbsup2

rotlex
07-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Nicole, Did i violate one or more of the guidelines? Thanks for the help.

Yes, you have not yet learned to use paragraphs. (Just sayin'). ;)

topolino
07-01-2011, 08:53 AM
I realize this will not be the popular opinion but I don't think anything is off limits when it comes to humor or comedy. I hear people all the time say things like "I have a dark sense of humor but to joke about <whatever> is just too far".

While I agree that in general people should lighten up and learn to take humorous comments with less offense, I disagree with the blanket statement that I bolded. The reason for this is because many times, a nasty individual will use humor to make hateful comments and insults. In your way of thinking, you'd give them a pass because they did it in the form of a joke. I disagree; I feel nasty hateful individuals shouldn't be given passes simply because they were clever enough to disguise their hate with humor.

If it were true, like you say, that nothing should be off limits when it comes to humor, than it would be perfectly fine to joke with someone about the death of a loved one for example. I find that type of humor unacceptable.

SDSorority
07-01-2011, 08:55 AM
I am just listening to the podcast now. I guess wrestling being called out as fake doesn't bother me :confused3. I actually almost missed Pete saying it was.

Alright then, back to work :surfweb:.

Happy 4th of July weekend to all!! :cheer2:

indy1834
07-01-2011, 09:05 AM

Fire dancer; not only am I a HUGE wrestling, and Disney fan, I am an even BIGGER DMB FAN!!!!! 33 concerts and counting.........

FireDancer
07-01-2011, 09:06 AM
While I agree that in general people should lighten up and learn to take humorous comments with less offense, I disagree with the blanket statement that I bolded. The reason for this is because many times, a nasty individual will use humor to make hateful comments and insults. In your way of thinking, you'd give them a pass because they did it in the form of a joke. I disagree; I feel nasty hateful individuals shouldn't be given passes simply because they were clever enough to disguise their hate with humor.

If it were true, like you say, that nothing should be off limits when it comes to humor, than it would be perfectly fine to joke with someone about the death of a loved one for example. I find that type of humor unacceptable.

I can usually tell if someone is actually attempting humor or if they are just using it as an excuse. We'll probably have to agree to disagree on the topic which is fine.

Some of the funniest things I have ever heard were both mean and hilarious. I don't think the two are necessarily mutually exclusive. A lot of humor is at someone's expense. It would be against the rules of course to post links here but do a Youtube search for Jim Norton, Nick DiPaolo, Patrice O'Neal, Rich Voss, or Louis CK and you'll see the kind of humor I like.

Too often people forget that what one finds funny is just as subjective as what one finds beautiful.

Fire dancer; not only am I a HUGE wrestling, and Disney fan, I am an even BIGGER DMB FAN!!!!! 33 concerts and counting.........

Now, that makes you good people.

JenniBugInPink
07-01-2011, 09:47 AM
...You shoulda been around for Costaguadamexirico.
I hadn't thought about that in ages - one of the all-time most hysterical bits in podcast history. Now I'm going to have to find it! Any idea which one it is? I'll check the index, etc. first. [Edited to add that it's 10Jul07.]

I'm a racing fan and have heard the insults about it being a redneck sport all my life, and it doesn't bother me at all. Whatever. I enjoy it and that's all that matters.
Pete pretty much pokes fun at everybody.... and it's funny. Thank goodness you are not an Orlando Magic basketball fan.
Everybody probably is/has something worthy of joking about. I'm a big race fan, too. And football, both college and pro. Rabid in fact. We live so close the Bristol Motor Speedway that we can hear the races, and the noise from the drags is downright annoying. But I'm also a little bit of a girlie girl, and my gay friends swear I'm a gay man trapped in a woman's body. I'm a contradiction. I can be a big redneck with the best of them, and I can be quite the snob and swish with the best of them, too. Depends on the crowd.

I try to use a "laugh with" philosophy if I can. I know that many of my interests and my background are fertile ground for folks to make jokes and poke fun. People have been laughing at Southerners, hillbillies, Tennesseans (and let's face it, a lot of Tennesseans probably deserve it!), etc., etc. for years and I fall into all those groups. I'm also short, fat, and old, so that comes with its own set of joke opportunities. I love humor, and rarely miss a chance for satire in real life. So, it's ok if you have at me a bit. I don't bruise easily. Just don't start in on my ECV, LOL! ;)

*NikkiBell*
07-01-2011, 09:57 AM

Thanks

After thought:

As mentioned previously, there are specific DIS Posting Guidelines (http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm) that need to be adhered to on our message boards. You can find them at the link above. If you should have any further questions, please PM me as they do not relate to the content of this discussion.

SDSorority
07-01-2011, 10:38 AM
I hadn't thought about that in ages - one of the all-time most hysterical bits in podcast history. Now I'm going to have to find it! Any idea which one it is? I'll check the index, etc. first. [Edited to add that it's 10Jul07.]

Everybody probably is/has something worthy of joking about. I'm a big race fan, too. And football, both college and pro. Rabid in fact. We live so close the Bristol Motor Speedway that we can hear the races, and the noise from the drags is downright annoying. But I'm also a little bit of a girlie girl, and my gay friends swear I'm a gay man trapped in a woman's body. I'm a contradiction. I can be a big redneck with the best of them, and I can be quite the snob and swish with the best of them, too. Depends on the crowd.

I try to use a "laugh with" philosophy if I can. I know that many of my interests and my background are fertile ground for folks to make jokes and poke fun. People have been laughing at Southerners, hillbillies, Tennesseans (and let's face it, a lot of Tennesseans probably deserve it!), etc., etc. for years and I fall into all those groups. I'm also short, fat, and old, so that comes with its own set of joke opportunities. I love humor, and rarely miss a chance for satire in real life. So, it's ok if you have at me a bit. I don't bruise easily. Just don't start in on my ECV, LOL! ;)

:rotfl2: :worship:

FireDancer
07-01-2011, 10:55 AM

Opie from O&A once put it the best I've ever heard. He said everyone has to put up with being the butt of the joke at some point in their life. He calls it, and now I do too, spending you time in the barrel. Sometimes you are the one in the barrel, some times you are the one kicking the barrel while someone else is in it.

I have found that as long as you can laugh at yourself and don't take yourself too seriously you don't really mind it that much when it is your time in the barrel. Heck, I make fun of myself more then anything or anyone.

sayhello
07-01-2011, 12:07 PM

If it were true, like you say, that nothing should be off limits when it comes to humor, than it would be perfectly fine to joke with someone about the death of a loved one for example. I find that type of humor unacceptable.:thumbsup2 I totally agree with you. Some things I've heard that were supposed to be "funny" totally were not. Rude is rude, hateful is hateful. Calling it a joke does not negate the rude and/or hateful!

Sayhello

bookworm0312
07-01-2011, 01:50 PM
fire dancer; not only am i a huge wrestling, and disney fan, i am an even bigger dmb fan!!!!! 33 concerts and counting.........

dmb?

bookworm0312
07-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Ah! Forget it! I figured it out. Dave Matthews Band.

SamSam
07-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Ah! Forget it! I figured it out. Dave Matthews Band.

Thank you, I didn't figure it out...however, I do love the Dave Matthews Band.:goodvibes

txvjc
07-02-2011, 09:24 AM
sorry if this was already pointed out, but while wrestling story lines may be for entertainment, the stress but on the wrestlers body during matches is very much real...it is a combination of stage fighting, real moves, and physical stunts that hurt when not done correctly, not to mention the athleticism to do it up to 4 nights a week

Justin Jett
07-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Sorry I'm late. We lost our Internet connection for a while.

I have really had fun with Julie's mention of me, and Pete comment on the podcast, but it's time for me to be serious for a minute here.

I have not missed an episode of "Monday Night Raw" in 18 years (unless the VCR was set wrong). I have attended numerous live shows and tapings. In 1998-1999, I had a huge crush on Vince McMahon's daughter, Stephanie. In 1999, I attended 5 shows in North Carolina, Florida, Iowa, and Minnesota, just hoping to see Stephanie McMahon in person. Twice, I paid $300 for a ringside VIP seat, just to get the souvenir folding chair. I started watching the Impact show at Universal when Taylor Wilde was champion.

Now that you know my background as a rasslin' fan....it's time to make a point.

Since the beginning of time, people have mocked wrestling, calling it fake. My family and friends are totally embarrassed that I am a wrestling fan. My Dad tells me that wrestling is fake on a daily basis. 18 years of ribbing! Yet, my family buys me pay-per-views for my birthday. I watch alone, but my family mocks yet enables my wrestling habit.

Back during the Monday Night Ratings War, my Dad would accidentally tape Nitro instead of Raw if I was not home. When I'd get home to watch, I'd tell Dad "You taped the fake stuff again.

I absolutely adore Pete and the podcast team. I am thrilled that they took the time to mock and rib me like my family does. I am proud to be mentioned in the same sentence as Bubba and Cooter!

On the December 30, 1999 episode of Raw....Mae Young, a retired wrestler in her 80's, got pregnant. Three months later, Mae gave birth to a severed hand. Any form of entertainment that puts a script like that together cannot expect to be taken seriously. Wrestling is mocked constantly, but sometimes the writers make it so very easy to be a joke.

Wrestling fans have a right to enjoy it, but given the history, they need to have a thick skin and accept some ribbing.

Wrestling is fake....and that's the bottom line because Pete Werner said so. :lmao:

Mike2023
07-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Sorry I'm late. We lost our Internet connection for a while.

I have really had fun with Julie's mention of me, and Pete comment on the podcast, but it's time for me to be serious for a minute here.

I have not missed an episode of "Monday Night Raw" in 18 years (unless the VCR was set wrong). I have attended numerous live shows and tapings. In 1998-1999, I had a huge crush on Vince McMahon's daughter, Stephanie. In 1999, I attended 5 shows in North Carolina, Florida, Iowa, and Minnesota, just hoping to see Stephanie McMahon in person. Twice, I paid $300 for a ringside VIP seat, just to get the souvenir folding chair. I started watching the Impact show at Universal when Taylor Wilde was champion.

Now that you know my background as a rasslin' fan....it's time to make a point.

Since the beginning of time, people have mocked wrestling, calling it fake. My family and friends are totally embarrassed that I am a wrestling fan. My Dad tells me that wrestling is fake on a daily basis. 18 years of ribbing! Yet, my family buys me pay-per-views for my birthday. I watch alone, but my family mocks yet enables my wrestling habit.

Back during the Monday Night Ratings War, my Dad would accidentally tape Nitro instead of Raw if I was not home. When I'd get home to watch, I'd tell Dad "You taped the fake stuff again.

I absolutely adore Pete and the podcast team. I am thrilled that they took the time to mock and rib me like my family does. I am proud to be mentioned in the same sentence as Bubba and Cooter!

On the December 30, 1999 episode of Raw....Mae Young, a retired wrestler in her 80's, got pregnant. Three months later, Mae gave birth to a severed hand. Any form of entertainment that puts a script like that together cannot expect to be taken seriously. Wrestling is mocked constantly, but sometimes the writers make it so very easy to be a joke.

Wrestling fans have a right to enjoy it, but given the history, they need to have a thick skin and accept some ribbing.

Wrestling is fake....and that's the bottom line because Pete Werner said so. :lmao:

Great post, well said. Everyone should have there own interests and forget whatever people think about them.

I would sleep with one eye open though, if triple H hears you have a thing for his wife he may Pedigree you. ;)

dansyr2514
07-02-2011, 03:58 PM
I think we all have interests that are uncool to others. Let's see...umm..Disney being one of them. If I had a nickel for everytime somebody said, "you're going back there again...that's for kids"

Can it be irritating hearing that over and over...well sure, but I don't really care. If it's something I love, and I'm interested in, I'm secure enough to tell others that, that may be their opinion , but I enjoy it and leave it at that.

indy1834
07-02-2011, 05:48 PM
I am very secure in my love of Disney, wrestling, and dave matthews band. I just wanted to chime in and say that the majority of fans know its not "real". I use quotes because I wrestled for three years and I have had 4 knee operations, a torn quad muscle, and a bad back.
And not all wrestling fans are rednecks.

Like I said, I L:lovestruc O:lovestruc V:lovestruc E:lovestruc the show and cant wait to go on a podcast crusie.

Justin Jett
07-03-2011, 01:30 AM
I would sleep with one eye open though, if triple H hears you have a thing for his wife he may Pedigree you. ;)

I HAD a crush on Stephanie back before her makeover and marriage. She was cute back then. Now that she has been "enhanced," she is no longer cute. The 200 pound nose can have her!

That said.....I am not afraid of the Pedigree. I have fallen on my face before. :lmao:

dclarmn
07-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Gosh almighty, people. If Pete or anyone else on the crew offends you there are dozens of other Disney podcasts you can listen to which are bland, vanilla and will offend no one. Personally, the unfiltered candor and salty personalities are the reason I listen to the Dis. They make the other podcasts seem as exciting as staring at a bowl of oatmeal or listening to paint dry. Pete and the rest of the Dis Unpluggers , don't change a darn thing!

*NikkiBell*
07-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Great post, well said. Everyone should have there own interests and forget whatever people think about them.

Ahhh, Triple H. :love::love::love:

I HAD a crush on Stephanie back before her makeover and marriage. She was cute back then. Now that she has been "enhanced," she is no longer cute. The 200 pound nose can have her!

That said.....I am not afraid of the Pedigree. I have fallen on my face before. :lmao:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Swank
07-05-2011, 07:26 AM

Please, WWE admits it is not "real". If you know SEVERAL people who think it is real then they are putting one over on you. Many wrestling fans are not saying it is real, they are saying the moves are real, and the participants can and do get injured. Yes it is scripted, but it is more athletic then most sports, and by the way the Disney Characters are not fake, and neither is Disney Magic. Just saying.

Justin Jett
07-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Ahhh, Triple H. :love::love::love:

Into big noses, are you? :lmao:

*NikkiBell*
07-07-2011, 07:21 AM
http://wwethemesongs.synthasite.com/resources/Triple_H.jpg

-swoon-

appycat
07-07-2011, 11:05 PM
http://wwethemesongs.synthasite.com/resources/Triple_H.jpg

-swoon-