PDA

View Full Version : Disney & Dreams Records Years: A Theory

Josh_the_Eagle
06-27-2011, 08:06 PM
In the recent podcast, the team read a news story about how theme park attendance in 2010 was in generally strong, Disney in particular (Dis parks worldwide occupy the top 8 spots) . Pete also noted that Dreams Unlimited had already had their best year ever. The podcast team proposed that a key reason for the park attendance was that people were valuing experiences over things. While I think this is true, I propose there is a larger idea at work here that explains why people are having this value shift, as well as the current uptick for Disney and Dreams: The flight to quality. It often happens in times of economic difficulty/uncertainly.

For experiences with love ones and Disney itself, we all know these are the quality choices over the alternatives. For Dreams, having been to the World three times, the trip that was booked with Dreams was by far the most complicated itinerary but was also the easiest for me because I had Beth in my corner.

Your thoughts?

cyberbox2
06-28-2011, 08:06 AM
There is no doubt that quality and the feeling of worry free happiness is a major factor in why I continue to visit WDW year after year.