PDA

View Full Version : Funding my Disney trips - Friday night babysitting service?

Beckypooh1972
06-26-2011, 09:36 AM
I'm looking for a way to make some extra money to build up our vacation fund without taking money out of the household budget. My situation:

I thought about starting a evening child care program for parents who just need occasional child care so they can have a night out or attend a class or something. Friday would be the obvious evening. But I'm wondering what other evenings should I choose? I'd like to limit it to 3 nights a week.

I work full time but I'm home by 5 pm every night with my 4 year old twins.

I live in a house with a fenced in backyard and of course we have plenty of toys - basically a kid friendly home. My kids love to play with other kids.

My DH works 2nd shift so it's just me and the boys home every night.

I don't want to work Sat or Sun at all to keep my weekends free for us.

Do you think there is a demand for this service and what should I charge?

I'd love to hear your feedback as many of you I know are parents too. What would you look for in a date night babysitting service?

Thanks!

sk!mom
06-26-2011, 09:56 AM
It sounds like a good idea but if you're going to do this as more than just a casual arrangement with friends then be sure that you check out the licensing requirements for your state.

Happy Mom2
06-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Sounds like a good idea. I've noticed some day cares around here offer child care on days/evenings with big sporting events. Of course most of them are on the weekend, but you might want to plan a weekend or two around a big event in your area.

I agree with PP... check your local licensing requirements if you are going to do this for more than a few friends.