PDA

View Full Version : Layaway?

theducksdidit
06-26-2011, 12:54 AM
I was trying to find somewhere to put clothes on layaway (online) for my daughter and I for Disney :goodvibes. I know, WAY in advance :rolleyes:. But, the only places I've found is K-Mart and Sears... But they don't have much of a clothing selection (I want Disney brand) for layaway. I googled ''clothing layaway'' but haven't found anything ... Anyone know of anything other than K-Mart and Sears? There might not even be anything, but thought I'd ask y'all :) Thank y'all!!

carebee21
06-26-2011, 01:00 AM
Why not just put like $5 or $10 in an envelope every week. Then you can use the money for a sale at Disney Store or on Wal Mart Disney shirts, both of which are the cheaper options for Disney shirts.

disneylove69
06-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Very few places offer layaway since they have gone to pushing store credit cards. Marshalls and TJmaxx offer layaway. I have seen some Disney.

theducksdidit
06-26-2011, 02:33 PM
I like the idea of just putting 5-10 bucks back each week... I'm going to start doing that! Thanks y'all!!

gracie1
06-26-2011, 03:36 PM
I also second the idea of putting $5-$10 way each pay. How do you even know what size you will be in when you go to Disney in 10 months???

theducksdidit
06-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I also second the idea of putting $5-$10 way each pay. How do you even know what size you will be in when you go to Disney in 10 months???

I did not even think about that lol. Hopefully smaller!! :rolleyes:

dawnn12
06-26-2011, 09:58 PM
try burlington coat factory they have everything and yes they have layaway

gracie1
06-27-2011, 07:22 AM
I did not even think about that lol. Hopefully smaller!! :rolleyes:

LOL! I love that, hopefully smaller. I would definately just put money into a jar. Because if you buy clothes for your size now, and your smaller when it's time to go your going to have to buy more clothes!

JB2K
06-27-2011, 08:55 AM
I was trying to find somewhere to put clothes on layaway (online) for my daughter and I for Disney :goodvibes. I know, WAY in advance :rolleyes:. But, the only places I've found is K-Mart and Sears... But they don't have much of a clothing selection (I want Disney brand) for layaway. I googled ''clothing layaway'' but haven't found anything ... Anyone know of anything other than K-Mart and Sears? There might not even be anything, but thought I'd ask y'all :) Thank y'all!!

Layaway is not a good option for the stores, mainly because much of that merchandise goes unclaimed, taking-up valuable backroom space.

Target got out of it many years ago, and more recently/famously, Walmart discontinued layaway a few years ago, leaving only two national big-box/general merchandise retailers still in the layaway game:

Sears/Kmart
AAFES (Military BX/PX)

theducksdidit
06-27-2011, 10:26 PM
LOL! I love that, hopefully smaller. I would definately just put money into a jar. Because if you buy clothes for your size now, and your smaller when it's time to go your going to have to buy more clothes!

We've had a change jar going for a while. But today my mom found a Disney Vacation Club box at a thrift store and got it for me!! I'm not a member of the Vacation Club but it's going to be what I put my money back in from now on!! :cool1:

msmayor
06-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I work for a regional, privately-held department store in the NJ/PA area and we still offer layaway to our customers.

In reality though, its not much different than using a credit card. Our maximum period of time on clothing is 30 days with a payment required every 14 days, so you are expected to pay it off in a month. After 30 days, if not paid off and taken out then it is cancelled and the customer is given a refund by mail (check) less a $5 cancellation fee.

I continue to be shocked at the number of people who repeatedly put stuff on layaway then don't make the payments. A minimum $5 downpayment or 10% of the balance, whichever is greater, is required so that if we DO have to cancel it we already have the $5 in hand.

Kat77
06-28-2011, 02:48 AM
No need for layaway. Walmart has Disney t's for $7 or less. Buy one every month and store in a suitcase. You'll be all set for your trip.

AndreaDM
06-28-2011, 09:09 AM
No need for layaway. Walmart has Disney t's for $7 or less. Buy one every month and store in a suitcase. You'll be all set for your trip.

My Walmart just discounted a bunch of the $7 tees to $4, I picked up 3 of them for our trip. I got Rapunzel, Marie and Chip and Dale. O, I also got a Minnie Mouse one at Target over the weekend for $5.

locolala
06-28-2011, 10:50 AM

I bought clothes for next spring in northern CA.. aside from being pregnant, I've been the same size sine I was a senior in hs. Not everyone changes sizes in less than a year.