PDA

View Full Version : Hotwire car rental?

AK_Christina
06-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Has anyone rented a car with hotwire.com? I just used them for a recent trip of DHs in LA. The rental was supposed to be unlimited miles but at the end of the day we got charged $77 in mileage. (Hotwire says Enterprise did not pass along to them that there was geographical restrictions or something of the like) I am waiting to hear back from Hotwire to see if they will be reimbursing me for this charge since it was not stated in my original booking.

But that being said I had been planning on renting from them for our Disney trip come June as they are over $100 cheaper than anywhere else I can find but it will obviously NOT be a bargain if I get hit with mileage charges for 10 days worth of driving around.

Strawberry's mom&dad
06-25-2011, 09:28 PM
We rent through Hotwire all the time and have never had a problem.We were just at WDW and got a midsize from Hertz for $150. Have used several different companies through them and have never been charged extra. It seems like enterprise may have made the error.

jennyf2
06-25-2011, 09:28 PM
I've used hotwire many times & have never been charged a mileage fee....hopefully it was a glitch & you get your $$ back. Good luck :)

AK_Christina
06-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Yay! I was hoping that people would have positive experiences there in the Orlando area. Thinking I will wait and see if they refund my money from the first rental, then use that towards the Disney one. =)

Kat&Dom
06-25-2011, 10:17 PM
I've used hotwire many times & have never been charged a mileage fee....hopefully it was a glitch & you get your $$ back. Good luck :)

I have used hotwire numerous times and never had to pay any extra fees - I have rented at Orlando 4 times, in Hawaii (Big Island & Maui) with no problems at all.

None of my rentals were with Enterprise though, I personally don't like the company - I hit a deer a couple of years ago after Christmas and my insurance agency only dealt with Enterprise - well, driving home with the car rental, the windshield cracked (it was 50 below 0 so extremely cold) and since the windshield had cracked while I was driving it, I had to pay for it ($450). I will not rent from them ever just on principle. If I had done something that caused the crack, I would have been okay paying but I didn't.

jrtoastyman
08-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Have any of you used hotwire to rent a car from Disney property rather than from the airport? Only need it for a couple of days out of our trip and am considering using hotwire, but I'm concerned that it might book me with a company that is awkward to get to or something. Will be staying at AKL at the time.

ExpatDisneyLover
08-12-2011, 09:19 AM
I rented through hotwire in the Orlando area and didn't have a problem - the rental was through Alamo - no extra charges. I am using hotwire again for my next trip - got Alamo again. :) All my hotwire rentals have been from the airport.

hrslvr142
08-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Interested in the same thing as jrtoastyman about hotwire around Disney, not at the airport. TIA

MrsJackSparrow4Life
08-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I rented a car in Orlando through Hotwire last November and it ended up being an Enterprise car. We drove that car all around Orlando and took a trip to the Kennedy Space Center without being charged any extra.

You shouldn't have a problem but then again you shouldn't have had a problem in the LA area either :confused3