PDA

View Full Version : Disney gift cards (and $10 bonus) at Sams question...

disney*mom*82
06-24-2011, 01:29 PM
I asked this on another thread and hasnt had a response yet, so forgive me if you are seeing this twice.

Our trip is comming up and we decided we were going to see about getting the deal at Sams for the GCs to pay off balance and have some spending money too. (If you are not familiar with the deal, Ive heard it is buy a $100 giftcard get a $10 one free) We figured since we will get about $2000 in gift cards, the added bonus of $200 would be great and the best deal/discount we could get. (Im aware of some gas deal and not interested)
I called the 3 Sams closest to me and 2 said they didnt sell Disney gift cards and 1 said they had them but didnt have or know of any deal to get the $10 extra with $100 card.
How do I know what stores have it? Are the stores even aware? Im doing some traveling between now and WDW not to mention driving to WDW, so happy to stop along the way, I just dont want to waste time, I rather call and know they have it. Does anyone know what to ask them when calling? Are these special or specific cards?

Im from central IL and will be traveling to Branson next week, then off to Seiverville TN then to WDW, so lots of driving and possible Sams clubs in my path. If you know of any in those areas that have been doing this deal, let me know which ones too please. Thanks for any help!

Firefly09
06-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Did you see a recent promotion for the Disney giftcard at Sam's club?? I know there was one during Christmas time where it came with a $10 GC for the Disney Store but I haven't seen or heard of any offers recently.

ceecee
06-24-2011, 01:43 PM
You can't use the Bonus cards at Disney, only the Disney Store.
I would call all the Sam's and ask if the $100 gift cards includes the $10 bonus card, the ones we got said bonus card included on the top of the package. I think some of the Sam's only had them at Christmas, ours still have tons left (we're in Ohio).

disney*mom*82
06-24-2011, 01:49 PM
I know this was a Christmas promo, Ive just heard a lot of people on here, even recently still getting the cards. Im sure we could spend $200 at Disney stores on trips to branson and seiverville, no problem. Thanks for the info so far, Ill call and see if they have the ones that state on the top that the come with a bonus card. Do you know if they are in an actual package? Is it decorated like Christmas?

Thanks!

Sandy321
06-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Our Sam's had them - I bought 2, not sure if I can spend much more than $50 at the Disney Store!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/angelmum3/e92bf0b4.jpg

eta -
I'm from IL - near Great America

LisaY
06-24-2011, 03:50 PM
There are 2 Sam's Clubs in Springfield, Missouri, and I know the one on Sunshine Street has had them because I've bought some there for our next trip. They had them last week when I was there, but not 100% sure they would have them when you need them. The drive from Branson is easy and pretty short (30 minutes or so depending on where you're at).

LisaY
06-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Forgot to add that the cards cost $98.87 instead of $100!!! :)

MissManda
06-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Could you use the $10 Disney Store gift card to buy a Disney World gift card?

I've actually been wondering this for a while, as I received a Disney Store gift card as a birthday gift instead of a Disney World gift card. I'm saving for trip next summer and had requested Disney World gift cards to use towards the trip. The person who gave me the Disney Store gift card didn't realize they had purchased the wrong one and I didn't want to hurt their feelings by saying anything. If I could use it to purchase the one that I need, that would be great. Wasn't sure if it was possible or not.

jenedpey
06-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Cards do get restocked, because we purchase all that Peoria had, and even asked if they had any in back, but they looked it up and didn't have any more. A couple months later, they had some more. As of 2 weeks ago, Peoria had some, Bloomington and Champaign were bought out. I don't think asking via phone tells you anything unless you ask about the specific sku # which I believe is 712598.

tkitty
06-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Our Sam's had them - I bought 2, not sure if I can spend much more than $50 at the Disney Store!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/angelmum3/e92bf0b4.jpg

eta -
I'm from IL - near Great America
I just picked this one up today in So Cal! $98.87 out the door. :)

tkitty
06-24-2011, 08:42 PM
UPC# on mine is 799366 72458

Sandy321
06-24-2011, 10:21 PM

I've actually been wondering this for a while, as I received a Disney Store gift card as a birthday gift instead of a Disney World gift card. I'm saving for trip next summer and had requested Disney World gift cards to use towards the trip. The person who gave me the Disney Store gift card didn't realize they had purchased the wrong one and I didn't want to hurt their feelings by saying anything. If I could use it to purchase the one that I need, that would be great. Wasn't sure if it was possible or not.

That would be brilliant if it works - - so I'm guessing it doesnt!

bpesch
06-25-2011, 07:57 AM
The deal our Sam's has is a Christmas motif card so it's apparently let over from the holidays. But they have bunches of them and still had them just last week. The card is $98 and change for a $100 GC with a $10 bonus Disney Store card. The bonus card can only be used at a Disney Store.

disney*mom*82
06-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Thank you all for the wonderful help. Any help with a Sams one day pass? lol. Anyone know if teachers still get free Sams membership? Our BFFs are Sams members and if a store close by has them Im sure they would help out.

Thanks again!

disney*mom*82
06-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Im answering my own question, so anyone else interested can use this. I looked online and wasnt having much luck with finding a one day pass, did a search on sams club website, while it says nothing was found, there is also a PDF link, I clicked it and got a free printable one day pass good til Jan 2012. Here is the link...

http://samsclubanswercenter.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/2428/0/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzA5MDIwNDc5L3NpZC9peFJnaXB4aw==/filename/One+Day+Pass.pdf

disney*mom*82
06-25-2011, 01:16 PM
:cool1: With you help with the pictures and SKU numbers I called two of the same stores and the one closest to me said they have them and made sure there are enough left and said they have TONS left! Its only an hour drive, Im super excited! :banana:

MIannie
06-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Evidently not all Sam's clubs operate the same way. I had posted last Dec. about this great deal. I bought three of the special packages, gave the grandkids the Disney Store cards in their stockings, and kept the gift cards for our trip in Feb. I decided to buy a couple just before our trip, but our Sam's didn't have any. Manager stated that it was a Christmas special, and their leftovers were sent back. To who, I don't know. I just hope they appear this year, love prepaying for food and sovenirs.:cool1:

Purrrrfecta
06-25-2011, 07:16 PM
I have a question to ask you. Did you notice the one day pass has a surcharge? That would mean you would pay nearly $110.00 for every $100 you purchase. You would be better off just buying a full membership.

Madhatter family
06-25-2011, 09:54 PM
:cool1: With you help with the pictures and SKU numbers I called two of the same stores and the one closest to me said they have them and made sure there are enough left and said they have TONS left! Its only an hour drive, Im super excited! :banana:

Yeah, no idea where you are (central IL covers a lot of territory) but have seen these in both the Peoria and Bloomington-Normal Sam's club...

WhitGB
06-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Does anyone remember when these came out in 2010? Our store (Green Bay, WI) was out of them when I tried for our Jan 2011 trip and stated they would not get any back in until the holiday gift cards for 2011 appeared. We are going in Oct and would love to get a few.

TIA

angwill
06-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Does anyone remember when these came out in 2010? Our store (Green Bay, WI) was out of them when I tried for our Jan 2011 trip and stated they would not get any back in until the holiday gift cards for 2011 appeared. We are going in Oct and would love to get a few.

TIA

Our store did not put out the winter gift cards till March of this year. Last I looked they only had a few left but in March they had probably over a thousand of them.

tkitty
06-26-2011, 12:42 AM
I never noticed that there was a 'winter' design on mine, but the store had many.

CraigerK
06-26-2011, 05:09 PM
I picked up 7 today (wanted 10) at Sam's in Woodbury, Minnesota.

Asked the manager if they had more... She didn't think so, checked the computer and the 7 I had in my hand didn't even show in there... Said that gift cards don't show up in their inventory system with a quantity (I'd guess this has something to do with the "no value unless activated")

So, the lesson is if you call somewhere looking for them... They need to check the display/stock, as their computer does not track these in inventory.

Cheers...

jennyf2
06-26-2011, 05:44 PM

Asked the manager if they had more... She didn't think so, checked the computer and the 7 I had in my hand didn't even show in there... Said that gift cards don't show up in their inventory system with a quantity (I'd guess this has something to do with the "no value unless activated")

So, the lesson is if you call somewhere looking for them... They need to check the display/stock, as their computer does not track these in inventory.

Cheers...

Hello neighbor I'm in North St Paul :) They are hit or miss around here. I look every time I go & nothing & a few weeks later surprise--they have them :)

alexandmaddie
06-26-2011, 06:19 PM

Cheers...

Hi -

I was at the Woodbury Sam's yesterday and bought 2 of the cards. I think the 7 that you bought today are the last of them. We've been buying 2 a week for a few months now.

Krista

turtlegirl25
06-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Hi -

I was at the Woodbury Sam's yesterday and bought 2 of the cards. I think the 7 that you bought today are the last of them. We've been buying 2 a week for a few months now.

Krista

It's a small world after all. I'm in Stillwater, MN and was hoping Sam's in Woodbury would have a few as we just booked an August trip yesterday!

jennyf2
06-26-2011, 07:29 PM
It's a small world after all. I'm in Stillwater, MN and was hoping Sam's in Woodbury would have a few as we just booked an August trip yesterday!

Wow...can't believe how close we all are :). What r your dates in august?

alexandmaddie
06-26-2011, 08:30 PM

It is a small world, isn't it? We're in the Stillwater school district! My kids go to Lake Elmo Elementary and SAHS. I really hope they find more in back!

Do you know if the Maplewood Sams's has any? I might be out that direction tomorrow, so I can look if I get a chance. I'll let you guys know if I see any.

Krista

starry_solo
06-26-2011, 08:35 PM
If you plan to stock up on the Disney gift cards, remember that Sam's has a policy about their membership, similar to Costco's. You can supposedly cancel your membership at any time and get a full refund of the membership dues.

CraigerK
06-26-2011, 11:28 PM
It is a small world, isn't it? We're in the Stillwater school district! My kids go to Lake Elmo Elementary and SAHS. I really hope they find more in back!

Do you know if the Maplewood Sams's has any? I might be out that direction tomorrow, so I can look if I get a chance. I'll let you guys know if I see any.

Krista

My daughters go to Lake Elmo too... Small world....

jennyf2
06-27-2011, 09:54 AM

Krista

I just called & they have quite a few left. I have 7 being held for me @ the service center......Btw- my niece is a senior this year at Stillwater :)

jennyf2
06-27-2011, 11:28 AM
I am at SAMs & they have about 40 in their display! Happy shopping :)

wvdisneyfamily
06-27-2011, 11:33 AM
DH and I cleaned our SAMs out a few weeks ago. Gift cards to pay for trip and $10 bonus to buy DS presents =

alexandmaddie
06-27-2011, 12:19 PM
I am at SAMs & they have about 40 in their display! Happy shopping :)

Thank you! :) I'm going to head over there later today.

eyor44
06-27-2011, 01:25 PM
FYI - my Sam's just got in a new shipment of them. Same price, same deal as at Christmas. Did anyone mention that the extra $10 card is only for at the Disney Store and you can't use it to buy park tickets, nor can you use it at the Disney Store at Downtown Disney. Still a great deal though.

DaParkers
06-27-2011, 03:31 PM
I just left Sam's a few hours ago and didn't think about the gift cards. I wish the stores around here get them. I'm hoping to be able to use the $10 cards towards park tickets since the Disney Store sells them.

alexandmaddie
06-27-2011, 04:14 PM
I just left Sam's a few hours ago and didn't think about the gift cards. I wish the stores around here get them. I'm hoping to be able to use the $10 cards towards park tickets since the Disney Store sells them.

Hi,

The bonus cards can't be used on theme park passes.

SalandJeff
06-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Does anyone know if you can use Disney Store gift cards at either of the Disney outlet stores in Orlando area?

angwill
06-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Does anyone know if you can use Disney Store gift cards at either of the Disney outlet stores in Orlando area?

I tried to use the $10 ones at the disney outlet on vineland and the one at the outlet mall this month and they said no they are not owned by the Disney Store. They will however take the $100 card.

What I did was found things I needed at WOD and checked online if they were available online and then saved what was available online to come home and order those things with the $10 cards.:thumbsup2

turtlegirl25
06-28-2011, 09:25 AM

So do mine! This is getting really weird.

turtlegirl25
06-28-2011, 09:29 AM

8/21-8/27 Looks like we will just miss your family.

alexandmaddie
06-28-2011, 02:59 PM

So do mine! This is getting really weird.

Wow, I had no idea there were other Lake Elmo parents on the Disboards!

My daughter is going into 6th grade and my son is going into 4th grade. :)

CraigerK
06-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Wow, I had no idea there were other Lake Elmo parents on the Disboards!

My daughter is going into 6th grade and my son is going into 4th grade. :)

Mine are going into 2nd and K in the fall... Should be a interesting year, new principal and all...

mindsuckr
06-29-2011, 12:52 AM
would you be able to use the $10 bonus card at the disney store at the orlando airport?

marymac123
06-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Does anyone know if you can use the $10 bonus card online at the Disney Store?

cindycastle30
06-29-2011, 07:16 PM

TIA

I just bought 20 of them at the Green Bay store yesterday, and they have at least that many left. They are by the gift cards in the electronic section. If you don't see them on the front of the display look on the sides/back.

So happy because I just used my $10 bonus cards and bought a Disney Dooney&Bourke purse!! Used the 20% discount and free shipping, so my "free" purse was even cheaper. FYI if you want to order from disneystore.com with multiple gift cards you do need to call your order in. Even using 18 giftcards it went pretty quick. You also need to give a cc# just incase.

Cheshire88
07-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Hey, I just wanted to mention, I used gift cards to pay for a girl scout trip earlier this summer. I paid for the resort, the tickets, and meals with gift cards, then used the stack of $10 bonus cards to buy matching mouse ears and other goodies for the girls online before the trip. Our Sam's Club didn't have nearly enough cards, but the manager ordered more for us and got them to us in just a few days.

We just booked a family vacation for later in the year, so I ordered gift cards, prepaid our vacation package with the gift cards online, and bought a Dooney and Bourke bag at the Disney Store online with the bonus money (with the extra 20% off, great minds work alike!). It's tough to get a discount, but I love a loophole! Get it while it lasts!

neatokimmo
07-01-2011, 11:16 PM
What a deal, I wish FD would come out for next Feb so we could book. I have about $500 in reward points but I could still do 12 of them and use the $120 to buy fluff online for Christmas.

ColoradoK
07-02-2011, 12:15 AM

That's a big fat no. :( It says so specifically on the card.

APB513
07-02-2011, 01:11 AM
I am tryng to understand how the $10 Disney Store Gift Cards can be used.

I know they can be used at regular Disney Stores and Disneystore.com.

Can they be used at the World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney?

DuckMom
07-02-2011, 09:21 AM
How do you pay for your trip using these? Our final payment is due Tuesday and I would love to have some bonus Disney Store gift cards. I saw them at our Sam's yesterday, but didn't pay too much attention.

Thanks!

Cheshire88
07-02-2011, 10:08 AM
I am tryng to understand how the $10 Disney Store Gift Cards can be used.

I know they can be used at regular Disney Stores and Disneystore.com.

Can they be used at the World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney?

The $10 bonus cards are a "gift with purchase" for Sam's Club members to use at the Disney Store (stores or online), which is a different company than Disney World and WDW merchandise stores. Although, the online store has some WDW stuff like t-shirts, toys, mouse ears, etc.

The $100 gift cards (you buy for $98.87, enough of these add up) can be used everywhere on Disney property or online at the D-store. (I actually got youth group tickets from another sub-company which didn't accept the cards, but got around that by having the tickets sent to "Will-Call", which had no problem accepting the gift card.) I used these to pay for a vacation package online ("gift cards" are a payment option in the online reservation system, calling them in would work just as well). We also bought these for our meals in the park, the kids used them like a debit card, they just swipe them at restaurants (they can also swipe them at any register to give you a balance).

Not a bad idea for a payment option (they never expire, so you can keep the leftovers for another time). I did some extra checking before I used these for a scout trip, I was a little nervous about the kids carrying cards for their food and souvenir money. The cards are secure, keep the Sam's receipt with the card codes and they will replace the balance on a lost card onsite.

:wizard:

ceecee
07-02-2011, 10:45 AM
How do you pay for your trip using these? Our final payment is due Tuesday and I would love to have some bonus Disney Store gift cards. I saw them at our Sam's yesterday, but didn't pay too much attention.

Thanks!

I bought 12 and used them to pay off our trip. I did it online and it was easy. You can also call them and do it that way. They are $98.87 so you save .13 per card:) but you do get the bonus $10 per card.
The bonus cards can only be used at the Disney Store online (they do have park items).

2Monkeys
07-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Our Sam's had a ton of them the other day. Planning to go back with a strategy someone posted a while back.

1) Go to Walmart and buy Walmart gift cards with my Disney Visa (Sam's does not take Visa)
2) Go to Sam's & purchase Disney gift cards with Walmart gift cards.
3) Get reward dollars on Disney card purchase; get extra $$ b/c Disney gift cards are $98.87 for a $100 card; get Disney store gift cards to pre-buy t-shirts, etc.

The person that originally posted this strategy said she did have to get a manager involved at Sam's b/c the cashier didn't know how to do it, but it was worth it. I think she bought like $2k worth, so she got $20 reward dollars, $200 disney store, and $22.60 in savings on the gift cards. Not bad. Of course, this is only worth the extra reward $$ if your Walmart & Sam's are close together!! Don't want to waste gas for a few reward $$!

neatokimmo
07-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Our Sam's had a ton of them the other day. Planning to go back with a strategy someone posted a while back.

1) Go to Walmart and buy Walmart gift cards with my Disney Visa (Sam's does not take Visa)
3) Get reward dollars on Disney card purchase; get extra $$ b/c Disney gift cards are $98.87 for a $100 card; get Disney store gift cards to pre-buy t-shirts, etc.

The person that originally posted this strategy said she did have to get a manager involved at Sam's b/c the cashier didn't know how to do it, but it was worth it. I think she bought like $2k worth, so she got $20 reward dollars, $200 disney store, and $22.60 in savings on the gift cards. Not bad. Of course, this is only worth the extra reward $$ if your Walmart & Sam's are close together!! Don't want to waste gas for a few reward $$!

lol that is awesome. Triple dip!

DawnM
07-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Or you can use your Discover Card at Sam's and get Discover card rewards..... much easier for those of us who have Walmarts fairly far away and no manager needs to get involved.

Our next trip is November, we just decided, so I will be picking up a few of these.

Dawn

MNWDWFAN
07-02-2011, 06:59 PM
We had to visit a few area Sam's Clubs to get as many as we needed, but we did manage to buy enough to pay off our whole package. I used the gift cards on-line to pay off our package and it worked really well! We are using the bonus Disney Store cards to buy things for our trip like pins, autograph books, t-shirts, etc. It's nice to be able to buy a lot of that stuff before we go (and for free!!!). I'm so thankful for these boards, or I never would have known about this!!

Steph

Dahly
07-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Or you can use your Discover Card at Sam's and get Discover card rewards..... much easier for those of us who have Walmarts fairly far away and no manager needs to get involved.

Our next trip is November, we just decided, so I will be picking up a few of these.

Dawn

I am not sure how many different types of discover cards there are, but i found out the the hard way that no matter how much you have spent so far in your year, warehouse purchases don't earn more than .25% on the card I have. So even though I had spent enough this year to earn 1% on everything I buy, I only got .25% ($12 instead of the $48 i was expecting on a $4800 Sam's purchase). And anything you spend at a warehouse store does not count toward you overall spending for the year to get to you whatever level you need to be out to get the 1% all the time if you aren't already there. hope that makes sense.

neenersmom
07-04-2011, 11:46 AM
I would love to buy some of these but not sure our sams has them. Its about 30 mins away so dont want to waste gas to just go and look. Does anyone have the product code for sku number from the gift card pack so I can call our sams and ask if they have any? I wasnt sure they would know what I was talking about if i just ask for the disney gift card packs.... any suggestions on how to ask about them?

OtherEvans
07-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I've called a few Sam's Clubs close to me and haven't had any luck. Anyone else on the DisBoards from AZ who has had success tracking these down? :)

luvdisney00
07-05-2011, 02:25 PM
My Sams had 3 this morning so $30 bonus dollars at the Disney store. I am debating whether or not to go take a ride to another Sams later. I used Discover for mine and my Discover card pays 1% on everything (I've had it since the 90's, not sure if that's why????)

My final payment is due next week so no time to order, but I'll take what I can get :)

neenersmom
07-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Anyone found any at Sams in NC, we are close to Charlotte or Winston Salem. I am going to call them both today and see if they have them. I wonder if they will know what I am looking for or if I just need to go and look ?? :confused3

I would love to find enough to pay ours off. Maybe they can order them for me. Has anyone had luck asking them to order them?

amy-momofthree
07-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks for this tip! I just called my sams club and they have a lot!! We are going in October (balance due next month) and will be visiting a Disney store in august so I can use both gift cards!Thanks everyone! I never would have known about this if it weren't for disboards :)

APB513
07-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Yesterday I called the Sam's Club in Ypsilanti, MI and asked if they had any more of the Disney $100 GCs with the $10 Disney Store bonus. The young lady did not even bother to look. She just said they were out and that they only get them at Christmas.

I knew I had seen some when I was there last week so I decided to go in and check. Sure enough, they had some. What makes it so bad is they were on the Gift Card rack directly across from the Customer Service desk.

There were about 40 GCs left. I bought 10 :cool1: and used them today to pay off my trip balance :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: The CM was very nice and it was quick and easy to do :goodvibes

:cheer2: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3:POP CENTURY HERE WE COME!! :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: :cheer2:

OtherEvans
07-07-2011, 04:07 PM
How sad that so many aren't even bothering to check and giving you incorrect information! I would've flipped out to have found 40! :) I did end up finding some at a Sam's Club about two hours away but they had enough to make it worth my drive. So thank you so much for the info as well!! It made my week!!! :)

APB513
07-07-2011, 07:07 PM
How sad that so many aren't even bothering to check and giving you incorrect information! I would've flipped out to have found 40! :) I did end up finding some at a Sam's Club about two hours away but they had enough to make it worth my drive. So thank you so much for the info as well!! It made my week!!! :)

I almost did flip out. I got the young ladies name and I was tempted to walk over to the Customer Service desk, ask for the manager and tell them what happened. But I was so happy to get the GCs I just let it go.

Glad you got your GCs!!

Tinker Tbell
07-07-2011, 08:24 PM

I was in the Slidell, LA Sams on Monday and they had quite a few.

neenersmom
07-19-2011, 11:07 AM
called the two sams close to us in NC and both said that they didnt carry those. Makes me wonder if they really checked or even understood what I was asking for. I still want to go there myself and check... but they are both about 30 mins away and I dont need to waste the gas. :sad2:
I checked the Sams in Winston Salem and the one in Concord in case anyone is close to either of these and has seem them there.

jsgrand0
07-19-2011, 11:17 AM
When I called our local Sam's about 2 weeks ago, they said they had them!! And we are not far from you, and probably on your way to Branson...I haven't been there yet, as I don't have the money to pay off my trip quite yet, but plan on going in the next week or so....as of 2 weeks ago, they said ayes!!

disney*mom*82
07-21-2011, 01:32 AM
Im glad this this thread was able to help other people save on their WDW trip, we are packing our car tonight, off to the Smokey Mtns for 5 days, then off to WDW:banana: Our DD3 still doesnt know, so this will be great! I thought Ide share the image of my most important thing to pack as of now...and of course with the help of the Dis!
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd352/bp042900/balletandbranson116.jpg:wizard:

WhitGB
09-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Does anyone know if you can use this at the disney outlet. We are going to Gurnee IL this weekend and would love to use the $10 disney store cards there.

I posted elsewhere on this thread but was not getting any takers. Sorry about the double posting..

TIA.

luvdisney00
09-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Does anyone know if you can use this at the disney outlet. We are going to Gurnee IL this weekend and would love to use the $10 disney store cards there.

I posted elsewhere on this thread but was not getting any takers. Sorry about the double posting..

TIA.

I was able to use the cards at the outlet in Jackson NJ without a problem.

bpesch
09-07-2011, 03:57 PM

That would be a no. You can't use the cards to buy tickets or gift cards. They are only good on merchandise.

angwill
09-07-2011, 05:51 PM

TIA.

I tried and was told no you can not use the $10 cards at Disney stores only the $100 cards are good there. The $10 ones are only good online from Disney store online. I used mine for new silverware, a tea pot, and to preorder some movies online.

*MomTo2Princesses*
09-07-2011, 06:24 PM
We bought these to pay our trip off. We used the gift cards to buy Rapunzel dresses and autograph books, and we still have plenty left over for some Christmas shopping!:banana:

Does Sam's gets these annually near Christmas? If so, I will do this next time too! I would've never known about them had it not been for this board. Thanks DISboards!

AmandaRG
09-07-2011, 06:50 PM
I tried and was told no you can not use the $10 cards at Disney stores only the $100 cards are good there. The $10 ones are only good online from Disney store online. I used mine for new silverware, a tea pot, and to preorder some movies online.

I had no problem using mine at a local store. It states on the back that it can be used at participating Disney Store Retail locations and DisneyStore.com. I used 13 of them in August for a purchase at Disney Store.

jenedpey
09-07-2011, 08:50 PM

The Cards are valid at the Disney Store Outlets, but not the Disney Outlets. The easiest way to verify is to use the Store Locator feature on the disneystore.com If it shows up there (and is still in business), you can use the Disney Store Gift Cards. The Disney Outlet stores in Orlando will NOT show up in the Disney Store List.

WhitGB
09-07-2011, 09:04 PM
The Cards are valid at the Disney Store Outlets, but not the Disney Outlets. The easiest way to verify is to use the Store Locator feature on the disneystore.com If it shows up there (and is still in business), you can use the Disney Store Gift Cards. The Disney Outlet stores in Orlando will NOT show up in the Disney Store List.

Very Interesting. Thank you. It does show up so I will run there on our trip and see if I can find anything.

Thanks.

lelei
09-08-2011, 08:29 AM
We used about 25 of our bonus cards at the Gurnee outlet last month, so they do take them. We also used another 7 of them at the outlet in Michigan over the holiday weekend too. The Gurnee outlet seemed MUCH bigger than the MI one :)

APB513
09-08-2011, 09:23 AM
We used about 25 of our bonus cards at the Gurnee outlet last month, so they do take them. We also used another 7 of them at the outlet in Michigan over the holiday weekend too. The Gurnee outlet seemed MUCH bigger than the MI one :)

Which outlet store in Michigan did you go to?

Thanks!

Graciesmom77
09-08-2011, 01:10 PM
I called Sams and they told me they don't sell any gift cards others than Sams gift cards until November??? :confused3

Could that be right?

I was going to join Sams for this deal, but not if they dont have them and since I am not a member I can't even go in and check. I wonder if I should see about a one day pass and then if they have them, join? Who knows.....

APB513
09-08-2011, 01:54 PM
I called Sams and they told me they don't sell any gift cards others than Sams gift cards until November??? :confused3

Could that be right?

I was going to join Sams for this deal, but not if they dont have them and since I am not a member I can't even go in and check. I wonder if I should see about a one day pass and then if they have them, join? Who knows.....

The Sam's Club I go to sells gift cards for restaurants and probably other things too.

The Disney Gift Cards with the $10 Disney Store Bonus Card went on sale last year around Christmas time so maybe they will get more in this year around October or November :confused3

MIannie
09-08-2011, 10:58 PM
The Sam's Club in Traverse City has the discounted with bonus gift cards now.;)

APB513
09-09-2011, 11:14 AM
The Sam's Club in Traverse City has the discounted with bonus gift cards now.;)

Good to know! Maybe other Sam's Clubs will start getting them in too.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

nilseks
09-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Our Sam's Club in Kenosha, WI still has them from last year. And yes the Disney Outlet in Gurnee does take the $10 cards; I used 12 of them at that store recently. ;)

KrazyKollector
09-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Our Sam's Club had them. First I went to WalMart and bought WalMart GC's with a rewards credit card, then I used the WalMart gcs at Sam's to get the bonus cards.

{Note to self--ALWAYS call your CC company BEFORE you go. They get a tad suspicious when you don't and it will make it a very, very long transaction. Also, doofus--remember that you do NOT have to buy WalMart gcs in $100 increments. DOH! Luckily, I had a cashier with compassion and more sense than me that politely pointed that out :lmao:}

Anyways.....I bought 50 of the GCs at Sam's and plan to send DH out again for 5-10 more. I have placed 3 orders with the online Disney store since I got the bonus cards and have yet to use one of them. I have a tendency to hoard gift cards. I will pay off the trip and have several to take with us for snacks, souvenirs, Disney dollars, tips and etc.

KrazyKollector
09-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Our Sam's Club in Kenosha, WI still has them from last year. And yes the Disney Outlet in Gurnee does take the $10 cards; I used 12 of them at that store recently. ;)

Oh, I SO wish we had a Disney outlet nearby! I would be stalking that place everyday! Of course, I can hear DH sighing in relief that there isn't one. :laughing:

Fire14
09-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Oh, I SO wish we had a Disney outlet nearby! I would be stalking that place everyday! Of course, I can hear DH sighing in relief that there isn't one. :laughing:
Well there is an outlet at Great Lakes CRossing In MI, And 2 in this state (ohio) but can't recall locations. And for those that care Both Columbus, OH SAms clubs had Disney gift cards in stock In last Month or so( August/SEpt) Just got back from buying some at Sawmill one.

KrazyKollector
09-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Well there is an outlet at Great Lakes CRossing In MI, And 2 in this state (ohio) but can't recall locations. And for those that care Both Columbus, OH SAms clubs had Disney gift cards in stock In last Month or so( August/SEpt) Just got back from buying some at Sawmill one.

I know there is one by Cincinnati, but I didn't know there was another one. Hopefully someone knows where it is and will share. We are an hour and a half from just the MI border. About 2 hours from Pittsburgh. I really need to find a Disney Outlet! :love: :love:

Fire14
09-09-2011, 09:35 PM
I know there is one by Cincinnati, but I didn't know there was another one. Hopefully someone knows where it is and will share. We are an hour and a half from just the MI border. About 2 hours from Pittsburgh. I really need to find a Disney Outlet! :love: :love:
I will try to find again I had on disneystore website but couldn't get to work tonight.

adnil530
09-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Our local Sam's does not have them. I need some! If I can get a list of stores that have them, I will call and see if I can purchases over the phone and have them sent to me or to my local Sam. I'll pay off my cruise with them!

Thank you for any help.
Linda

Fire14
09-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Our local Sam's does not have them. I need some! If I can get a list of stores that have them, I will call and see if I can purchases over the phone and have them sent to me or to my local Sam. I'll pay off my cruise with them!

Thank you for any help.
Linda
I know SAms club on sawmill rd in Columbus Oh has em and last time I visted so did one on Morse Rd Columbus, Oh

zoemariesmamma
09-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I found eight of these at my Sam's (Clarksville, In) today. That is all they had..she looked in the back. She did say she expected to get more for this year's holiday season, but didn't say when.

adnil530
09-11-2011, 12:13 AM
I know SAms club on sawmill rd in Columbus Oh has em and last time I visted so did one on Morse Rd Columbus, Oh

I found eight of these at my Sam's (Clarksville, In) today. That is all they had..she looked in the back. She did say she expected to get more for this year's holiday season, but didn't say when.

Thanks for the tips! I'm gonna find em!

gypsydoodlebug
09-12-2011, 11:43 AM

Ack! Hi, neighbor! :wave2: I might have to check Blakenbaker today! Sure not gonna cross the river without one of our bridges.

SalandJeff
10-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone has seen these at Sam's recently :goodvibes

jimandami
10-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone has seen these at Sam's recently :goodvibes

We just bought $800 worth at the Sam's near Rookwood in Cincinnati!:cool1:

angwill
10-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Ours has been out for about 3 months and actually does not have as many varieties of gift cards they had in the past. We didn't get ours till March this year so I'm not expecting them for the holiday either.

Feistygirl916
10-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Is it obvious when you go into Sams that they have this deal? Does it say something on the gift card like "buy $100, get a $10 Disney Store gift card"?

I have never been in a Sam's before, but I just drove past one the other day and thought of this thread... I would LOVE to get a deal like this!

tyniknate
10-28-2011, 01:53 PM
We just purchased $3500 worth at our local Sam's Club. Paid off our trip with the gift cards and used the $350 disney store credit to purchase items we would have purchased in Disney. Also, Disney Store was having a 25% off sale for their merchandise so that was an extra bonus! Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but here's another tip.
Sam's Club does not accept the Disney Visa Card (at least ours doesn't). So we went to Wal-Mart and used the Disney Visa to purchase a $3500 Wal-Mart Gift Card. We got the credit on our Disney Visa for the $3500 in visa rewards. We then took the Wal-Mart gift card to Sam's Club and purchased the $3500 worth of Disney Gift cards. Each card came with a free $10.00 Disney Store bonus.....so we earned

$350 worth of Disney Store merchandise;

$70 worth of Disney Visa Credits.

It really is an awesome deal if you know how to work the system. :wizard:

angwill
10-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Is it obvious when you go into Sams that they have this deal? Does it say something on the gift card like "buy $100, get a $10 Disney Store gift card"?

I have never been in a Sam's before, but I just drove past one the other day and thought of this thread... I would LOVE to get a deal like this!

Our Sam's has a square gift card holder with a bunch of hangers for various cards. If you see the disney card it is in a cardboard holder that will say buy $100 gift card get $10 gift card free so yeah it is pretty obvious. :thumbsup2

Feistygirl916
10-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Our Sam's has a square gift card holder with a bunch of hangers for various cards. If you see the disney card it is in a cardboard holder that will say buy $100 gift card get $10 gift card free so yeah it is pretty obvious. :thumbsup2

Thank you! :thumbsup2

I don't have a membership there, but will when these come in stock in So Cal :goodvibes I just called the Fullerton store, but sadly they said they didn't have any...

Anyone else in So Cal (closest to Orange County) have luck with this? :worship:

goofyredraider
10-28-2011, 02:47 PM
I've checked several of them around here for them, and haven't found them.:confused3
I really would like to, though!

danielephant
10-28-2011, 02:51 PM
well i just called my sam's club and they don't have them in but they said to check around thanksgiving...well that would be swell since i have to have my money in around the 11th of December

AnjieNet
10-28-2011, 03:10 PM
I got the last one at a store in metro Kansas City, MO a couple of weeks ago. They told me to expect more closer to Christmas.

jennyf2
10-28-2011, 04:23 PM
I was at my local Sams this week & they did not have them. I'll check again closer to the Holidays :)

wishicouldgomoreofte
10-29-2011, 01:28 AM
We just purchased $3500 worth at our local Sam's Club. Paid off our trip with the gift cards and used the $350 disney store credit to purchase items we would have purchased in Disney. Also, Disney Store was having a 25% off sale for their merchandise so that was an extra bonus! Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but here's another tip.
Sam's Club does not accept the Disney Visa Card (at least ours doesn't). So we went to Wal-Mart and used the Disney Visa to purchase a $3500 Wal-Mart Gift Card. We got the credit on our Disney Visa for the $3500 in visa rewards. We then took the Wal-Mart gift card to Sam's Club and purchased the $3500 worth of Disney Gift cards. Each card came with a free $10.00 Disney Store bonus.....so we earned

On my Disney Visa Credit Card, I would only get $35 Disney Reward Dollars for $3,500. $100 = 1 Disney Reward Dollar. Is yours a special or platinum or something?

wishicouldgomoreofte
10-29-2011, 01:29 AM

Pictures of them in previous posts above.

wishicouldgomoreofte
10-29-2011, 01:33 AM
I got the last one at a store in metro Kansas City, MO a couple of weeks ago. They told me to expect more closer to Christmas.

Funny. I called the Overland Park store earlier today, before I finished reading through this thread. The woman on the phone said yes, they had some, someone else told her. She had never seen them herself and didn't know they had them. So I guess I won't know "do they? or don't they?" until I drive out there.

AnjieNet
10-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Funny. I called the Overland Park store earlier today, before I finished reading through this thread. The woman on the phone said yes, they had some, someone else told her. She had never seen them herself and didn't know they had them. So I guess I won't know "do they? or don't they?" until I drive out there.

The 135th & Antioch location? That's where I picked up mine. If they have them again, let me know please! They guy I talked to may not have had a clue either. I know they didn't have any at the Grandview, MO location earlier this week, my usual store. I've never seen them there.

AnjieNet
11-04-2011, 11:46 PM

Just an FYI, I was at the Overland Park, KS location yesterday and they had more of the $100 gift cards with the $10 Disney Store bonus for $98.87. None of the new ones with the pens yet.

SUSIEQ
11-05-2011, 08:23 AM

How did you get "$70 worth of Disney Visa Credits"?
Thanks.