PDA

View Full Version : Love AMC's Parmesan Fries!

*NikkiBell*
06-23-2011, 11:08 PM
I just listened to Kevin's review of AMC Dine-In, and I totally agree. The food is excellent especially the Parmesan fries. They really remind me of the pomme frittes over at Cafe Orleans in Disneyland. They just needed the garlic! It's a great way to feel a bit of Disney at home if there's a Dine-In near your home. :thumbsup2

EDIT: I just checked now that I'm tempted to go back to my local AMC Dine-In again. Cars 2 in Digital 3D is available there starting tomorrow. Guess where I'm going? :D

SamSam
06-23-2011, 11:17 PM
Dh and I are really looking forward to AMC Dine-in when we're in Orlando this October. What a great way to spend a non-park day!

*NikkiBell*
06-23-2011, 11:22 PM
You will love it! There are a few pics in my post from May. All of the AMCs look like this and the menus are the same...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2705449&highlight=amc

WaltD4Me
06-23-2011, 11:36 PM
Applebee's used to have AWESOME Garlic Parmesan fries. I used to go there sometimes just for those fries, but they took them off the menu. :sad1:

SamSam
06-24-2011, 12:19 AM
You will love it! There are a few pics in my post from May. All of the AMCs look like this and the menus are the same...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2705449&highlight=amc

I'm hoping there will be a good Disney movie showing while we're there in October. :goodvibes

BriarRosie
06-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Dh and I are really looking forward to AMC Dine-in when we're in Orlando this October. What a great way to spend a non-park day!

I wanted to do this in December, when I'm still around after all the people leave from the meetups. It sounds like a fun way to see a movie.

BriarRosie
06-24-2011, 12:33 AM
And I found a coupon!

http://www.amctheatres.com/uploadedFiles/Programs_and_Offers/Programs/GO_1054_InternetCoupon.pdf?n=9429

Free dessert with entree purchase, at the Downtown Disney theater location. Expires 9/30/11. Enjoy!

roomthreeseventeen
06-24-2011, 09:22 AM
The Grand Floridian Cafe has really good Parmesan fries. I don't remember if they use garlic.

TMcDwyer
06-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Those sound amazing! Great, now I am hungry... ;)

*NikkiBell*
06-24-2011, 09:40 AM
It's official. Kevin owes me money. :D

I already have two movies lined up to see today. I just need to calm myself down and see only one. And here I was trying to cut back on my movie-going... ;)

TMcDwyer
06-24-2011, 09:46 AM
It's official. Kevin owes me money. :D

I already have two movies lined up to see today. I just need to calm myself down and see only one. And here I was trying to cut back on my movie-going... ;)

What is the second movie?

*NikkiBell*
06-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Debating on Cars 2 and Bad Teacher, which I think will be hysterical. I'm not so sure I want to hit Cars 2 today with the schools being out. It'll be mobbed!

TMcDwyer
06-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Debating on Cars 2 and Bad Teacher, which I think will be hysterical. I'm not so sure I want to hit Cars 2 today with the schools being out. It'll be mobbed!

Very true! I think we are taking my daughter to see it tomorrow. She won't know the difference. My son is in SC visiting my parent's and I am convinced he will convince them to take him today. He is so excited about it I think his head might explode!

*NikkiBell*
06-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Haha. That's cute! I am sure it is going to be a fabulous film. I still haven't seen Pirates though and feel like I'm getting behind. I was going to AMC Dine-In every weekend for a bit there. Tried to cut back on my habit until Kevin's review. lol

TMcDwyer
06-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Haha. That's cute! I am sure it is going to be a fabulous film. I still haven't seen Pirates though and feel like I'm getting behind. I was going to AMC Dine-In every weekend for a bit there. Tried to cut back on my habit until Kevin's review. lol

Pirates was good too! I want to see Bad Teacher too. Gotta love summer movie season. Unfortunately we don't have an AMC dine-in here so I have to settle for popcorn and a coke, the classic movie standbys. popcorn::

*NikkiBell*
06-24-2011, 10:00 AM
But think of how much more special it'll be when you go to the one in DTD? :)

TMcDwyer
06-24-2011, 10:06 AM
But think of how much more special it'll be when you go to the one in DTD? :)

Exactly! I am trying to figure out where we can fit it in on our next trip...

*NikkiBell*
06-24-2011, 10:11 AM
It's a must and definitely a good option for rainy afternoons or when you need a break from the heat. You can definitely recharge there!

roomthreeseventeen
06-24-2011, 10:12 AM
We have not been to the movies in forever... DH does not like teenagers texting. Of course, we have that problem in Broadway theatres, too.

*NikkiBell*
06-24-2011, 10:17 AM
This is why I go to the morning or afternoon shows. :)

gr8leg8
06-24-2011, 11:29 AM
For anyone else who is curious

A quick google of AMC dine in landed here
http://www.amctheatres.com/dinein/

Locations:
Atlanta
Dallas
Kansas City (2 locations)
New Jersey (3 locations)
Orlando *Open Now* :3dglasses
and
Phoenix *Opens August 2011*

We used to have something like this in the bay area, but I think it's closed now. They had a Monday night bring your baby to the movies thing.

TMcDwyer
06-24-2011, 11:32 AM
For anyone else who is curious

A quick google of AMC dine in landed here
http://www.amctheatres.com/dinein/

Locations:
Atlanta
Dallas
Kansas City (2 locations)
New Jersey (3 locations)
Orlando *Open Now* :3dglasses
and
Phoenix *Opens August 2011*

We used to have something like this in the bay area, but I think it's closed now. They had a Monday night bring your baby to the movies thing.

Hopefully Denver will get one soon. :goodvibes Why can't Colorado be closer to Florida? :upsidedow

*NikkiBell*
06-24-2011, 04:04 PM
Just got home from AMC. I wound up seeing Bad Teacher. It was funny, but I thought it'd be funnier. My mood was dampened by the crappy server I had. This is the fourth or fifth time I've gone and the first bad experience. I made sure to tell them on my way out and was given a free movie pass.

Oh, btw, couldn't resist the buffalo chicken tenders and Parmesan fries again. :D

TMcDwyer
06-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Just got home from AMC. I wound up seeing Bad Teacher. It was funny, but I thought it'd be funnier. My mood was dampened by the crappy server I had. This is the fourth or fifth time I've gone and the first bad experience. I made sure to tell them on my way out and was given a free movie pass.

Oh, btw, couldn't resist the buffalo chicken tenders and Parmesan fries again. :D

LOL! I took Lily to see Cars 2 and she LOVED it. The whole time I was eating popcorn I thought of you and your Parmesan Fries!

*NikkiBell*
06-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Hahaha. Don't worry, you will have them in DTD one day!!

roomthreeseventeen
06-24-2011, 04:18 PM

Nikki, unless you were in WDW for a LONG time, do you think going to the Dine-In would be worth spending a night or an afternoon at?

TMcDwyer
06-24-2011, 04:19 PM

Do you think I can the fries even if we don't have time to see a movie??? :rotfl:

*NikkiBell*
06-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Nikki, unless you were in WDW for a LONG time, do you think going to the Dine-In would be worth spending a night or an afternoon at?

This depends. Do you have an AMC Dine-In near you? If so, I wouldn't necessarily go to the DTD one unless there was something I really wanted to see and/or I didn't want to deal with the heat. If not, I'd definitely go. It's worth the experience and a ton of fun. Similarly, it's a great way to stay cool and out of the crowds.

Do you think I can the fries even if we don't have time to see a movie??? :rotfl:

You actually can. You can sit at the tables at McGruffin's, the bar in the lobby area, and order food from the menu. :)

TMcDwyer
06-24-2011, 08:50 PM
You actually can. You can sit at the tables at McGruffin's, the bar in the lobby area, and order food from the menu. :)

YES! I am running the Halloween 5K on 10/1 and DH is doing the 1/2 that night. We planned on having a late lunch/early dinner at DTD that day so I will have to treat myself to some fries! :rotfl:

DisneyKevin
06-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Just got home from the AMC Dine in at DTD.

Saw Bad Teacher.

Good food...ok movie....great afternoon out.

sjsjbrook
06-24-2011, 09:29 PM
I listened to Kevin's review and immediately thought we needed one of those here.

I am dreaming of not lining up for popcorn, sigh, Dinner would be great too.

Best of all having both at once you don't have to pay the babysitter as much.

TMcDwyer
06-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Just got home from the AMC Dine in at DTD.

Saw Bad Teacher.

Good food...ok movie....great afternoon out.

Glad you had a great afternoon out! It sounds like a lot of DISers were at the movies today!

derekburgan
06-26-2011, 01:57 PM
My friend and I tried out the Dine In theater within the past month and loved it. Like Kevin, we saw X-Men First Class and had a blast.

Here's my only negative about the experience: The only way you can sit is "back." They have great chairs to watch a movie in, but to eat meals on a plate in front of you? Not so great. There's no ability to move your chair up. Minor complaint, and probably wouldn't be a big deal at all if I was with my girlfriend and we could just sit back and eat from each other's plate, but if you're sharing with anyone else, it's an awkward way to eat.

What I loved:
Picking your seat. Why can't this be an option (with charge if needed) at just about any movie experience? Like Southwest, reward those who go out of their way to check in early or will pay extra money.

Food was AWESOME. Seconded on the fries and can't wait to have more. I'm not a flat bread pizza person at all and I thought the Pizzettas were fantastic. We also split the fire roasted quesilldilla (sp) and it was out of this world.

Kevin had a great review but you can't stress enough how good the food is and how much you get. I went in thinking we'd get overpriced crap, and was blown away. Great service. Great Food. This is how you want to watch a movie.