PDA

View Full Version : Rain Jackets

luvdisney00
06-23-2011, 05:46 AM
I was looking for rain jackets that fold up into little pouches as an alternative to the ponchos for our August trip. I know I have seen them in the past at Old Navy , but last time I checked they didn't have them. Ebay might have something, but I'm trying different searches and not coming up with what I'm looking for. Last year they were blue and silver ones in the park that were really nice EXCEPT they did not have hoods. We definetely need hoods. Any suggestions on where to look? Last year was our rainiest trip ever and we are planning for the same this year.

pigletto
06-23-2011, 06:01 AM
I am thinking I have seen them at stores that sell outdoor and sports gear but I can't think of where. Have you tried Sierra Trading Post online?

ETA.. I found this on Amazon but didn't do a good search..there might be more there.

http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Pack-N-Go-Pullover-Jacket-Pink/dp/B002C1HLHU/ref=pd_sbs_a_9

ETA again) Do a search for "packable rain jackets" at Lands End. I just saw them for Women, boys and girls.
Can you tell I want them too now?:rotfl:

mrseace711
06-23-2011, 09:20 AM
For children I know target has a version of them for 7.99 in a little pack:goodvibes

tspooh
06-23-2011, 09:24 AM
I just bought two last week at the Eddie Bauer Outlet store. They had them for men and women. The hood even has a drawn string cord to make it tighter! They were $29.99.

Teresa

tlbwriter
06-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Walmart has them in the camping section. They have kid and adult sizes.

I Believe n Fairies
06-23-2011, 10:46 AM
I told dh that I wanted these for our next trip too. For me, it wouldn't be used so much as rain gear, but to put on at night when I get chilly and on cold bus rides back to our resort. My kids were so cold at the end of the day but taking a jacket when it's 100 degrees outside is not an option so I thought about these. Great to know that there are others places to find them!

verlee
06-23-2011, 11:14 AM
We got Children's Place pocket raincoats off of Ebay. We love them!