PDA

View Full Version : OT: MY first "Mommy Blog" post

Disney Dad Canada
06-20-2011, 04:45 PM
http://www.mommybeta.com/blogs/2011/6/20/life-during-wartime-advice-from-a-single-dad.html

I'd appreciate opinions and constructive criticisms.

Thanks.

WebmasterLeah
06-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Paul, I thought this was great! Your advice is wise for any parent, not just a single parent. Too often, we get caught up in the business of life and forget to take the time to enjoy our children, especially while they're little. We actually all went out this morning during a really heavy rain and splashed in puddles! We're having our 3rd baby next Monday and even though we've got tons to do before then, we really want to keep making memories with our boys! Thanks so much for the great reminder of what's really important in life. :thumbsup2

YukiPhnx
06-20-2011, 05:47 PM
That was a great post! I will try to remember what you said.

There really is a forum for anything nowadays huh? I'll have to keep that in mind when it's time for me to become a mommy.

The only part I was fuzzy on was this: "...and to a person will say “If you need anything, just call.” ". Did you mean...."and many people will say..."? Or did you mean, "and will say..."

Disney Dad Canada
06-20-2011, 06:04 PM
The only part I was fuzzy on was this: "...and to a person will say “If you need anything, just call.” ". Did you mean...."and many people will say..."? Or did you mean, "and will say..."

What I meant was almost every person will say they are there for you, but in the end very few are.

Thanks for the compliments. :)

SamSam
06-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Great job Paul! Good advice for all parents...actually for anyone. Thanks for sharing.

WorldWacky
06-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Paul, I thought this was great! Your advice is wise for any parent, not just a single parent. Too often, we get caught up in the business of life and forget to take the time to enjoy our children, especially while they're little. Thanks so much for the great reminder of what's really important in life. :thumbsup2

My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup2 It was a wonderful message for all and read very well. Nice job!

Disney Dad Canada
06-20-2011, 07:12 PM
BTW, a regular blogger on the site, Natali, is the new "Stacey" for Disney Cruise line.

Sarabi's Cubs
06-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Great column - a good reminder about what's really important!

Laurie

roomthreeseventeen
06-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Awesome blog. It is good to know the Jonas brothers apart. :):laughing:

Aburns8
06-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Loved it! Great advice and thank you for sharing it with us!

Pastamom
06-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Great column!!! Thanks for sharing!

disneydreamgirl
06-24-2011, 12:20 AM
Love what you had to say...all parents should take to heart what you've written. Life is too short any way you cut it. I'll be e-mailing the link to a bunch of friends and colleagues...definitely worth passing along.