PDA

View Full Version : My Coke Rewards - Are there any worth saving for?

debraW76
06-18-2011, 07:27 PM
I have been saving My coke rewards for about a year now and I see nothing that I think is a great deal. What have you used your coke rewards for? Is there anything worth saving for?

It seems once upon a time they had disney/universal tickets? Was I imagining things or was this just a temporary promo?

Disneyfanfour
06-18-2011, 08:25 PM
DebraW76, I've used my Coke rewards points for sling backpacks, Coke towel, Six Flags ticket, free 12 packs, a little hand-held vac (not very powerful, of course), a set of fry pans, and just recently, a Disney dining gift card worth $15 at the Parks. I've also used them for AMC tickets while in Florida (Oregon doesn't have AMC, which I've been suggesting to Coke that they start offering passes for Regal Cinemas and its sister companies!). So, that's what I've gotten out of my points. Oh, have done sweepstakes, but to no avail for winning. :( They've got car rental deals, but you do have to weigh the cost of it, and remember that they are just points. They didn't cost us anything so spend them however you want and don't sweat it if it doesn't work out like you thought. :) Have fun shopping!

akenneson
06-18-2011, 08:29 PM
In the past year I have used my rewards for 2 free 12 packs and a years subscription to Entertainment Weekly. Those have both been special deals. I don't always buy coke because it's not always the one on sale so I don't rack up a ton of points

WeLuvTink!
06-18-2011, 08:29 PM
About 3 years ago they had Universal Florida tickets for 1000 points. I scored one of those once. Been waiting for a repeat but nada. I agree...there isn't anything "big" worth saving for. I've started burning my points off on the 12 packs of Coke....

satorifound
06-18-2011, 08:31 PM
This year I got 9 free 12 packs. They had a deal one day and I turned all my points in.

poohbear8
06-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Last year I cashed out most of my points for the Priority Rewards Club which is Holiday Inn's reward club. They changed the rules, but at the time it was unlimited. I was able to get thousands of points, which I eventually converted into their "Anywhere/Any Hotel" card and used it on my last Disney trip. I had $250. :thumbsup2

For now, I just keep entering the codes and waiting for something good to come along while I rebuild my points.

Yoshi
06-18-2011, 10:54 PM
I was saving my points for years waiting for a good deal. There was a $75 Blockbuster Gift Card for 750 points years ago but I missed it (back when they weren't in bankruptcy). Then last November they had Best Buy and Home Depot $25 gift cards for 625 points each and I cashed out my points for those. I haven't been entering the codes because the rewards are horrible values like the $15 Disney gift card for 1500 points. That is 4 times worse value than the Best Buy and Home Depot cards! (100 points per dollar versus 25 points per dollar)

sskeen
06-18-2011, 11:38 PM
I scored two admission tickets to Dollywood with coke points. Since I live in the area it's a good one day getaway.

Sandi

ThisIsTheYear
06-19-2011, 12:00 AM
I was starting to think the same thing. We drink at least 1 2 liter bottle a day. When I look at the items I could get, it's junk. I wonder how much soda people drink to get these great prizes (I thought we drank a lot :confused3). I think I'm going to redeem them for something decent then call it quits. The new 2 liter bottles don't fit in my refrigerator anyway. lol

jam217
06-19-2011, 05:36 AM
We usually save up for the Nike $50 gift card which is 2000 points. Honestly, we don't drink a lot of Coke. On recycling night, I take a walk around the neighborhood and scavenge points from the open recycling bins. Each week I usually score 30 to 40 points from the 12 and 24 packs. And by this time, I know who drinks Coke products in my neighborhood so those are the bins that I target.

DisneyMissy318
06-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Coke Rewards offered the Universal Tickets last year as well - 1000 points / ticket (2 max). I have been kicking myself for months now that I didn't get them last year - as I wasn't sure about our plans for this year... now that we are definitely heading down - I wish I had those FREE tickets! Still crossing my fingers they may show up!

I also got the Entertainment Weekly subscription 133 points about a month or so ago... it was a Wednesday Special offered in an email.

We also recently got the Coke Racing string/cinch bag - which we like to take to the parks.

Last year right before Christmas they offered a bunch of gift cards - Home Depot, Best Buy and Game Stop - those are good to save for as well.

maggiew
06-19-2011, 09:04 AM
I haven't found much good either.

I did cash a few points in for a $10 off (I think) code for Airtran. I was buying tickets anyway.

At Easter I cashed in a few points to get DD15 a Teen Vogue subscription.

Maggie

LaDonna
06-19-2011, 10:04 AM
My last few rewards

Macaroni Grill Gift cards
AMC movie tickets
Home Depot gift card
Best Buy gift card
Six Flags tickets
ChuckECheese gift card

Small Town Princess
06-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Crossing my fingers for Universal Orlando tickets again too. Picked up two last Dec (limit 2 per account). Would love several more tickets for our trip this fall. Here's hoping the "code fairy" will send some more Coke codes and pixie dust our way!:love:

starann
06-19-2011, 04:36 PM
I find it hit or miss....

I have cashed out for a Kmart GC, 2 Macoroni Grill GC and free photos from either snapfish or shutterfly (can't remember which).

Nothing too great, but better than what I would have had without collecting points!

Keep en eye out as sometimes they have 'deal' days. I got 50 free prints for 50 points one day, they usually are much higher.

crazelion
06-19-2011, 04:57 PM
I have redeem for:

Dollywood tickets

Six Flags tickets

Splash Country USA Tickets

free 12 packs

mp 3 player

Universal Studios tickets twice

Home Depot gift cards

I get all my points for free. I go to a lot music festivals I will pick up caps and beer cans to take to sale.

MaleficentRN
06-19-2011, 05:23 PM
The past few months I've entered the sweepstakes for trips to WDW, then DL, Now I'm trying for a 4 night cruise on the Dream. :rolleyes:

DCLbrideSept2009
06-19-2011, 06:00 PM
This year I got 9 free 12 packs. They had a deal one day and I turned all my points in.

Me too.. got 10 of them when they were "on sale" for 30 points each. Then went to Tom Thumb when they had a deal - buy (2) 12-packs, get (2) 12-packs free PLUS (2) free boxes of Wheat Thins or Triscuits. So for FREE, using the 10 free 12-pack coupons, I got (20) 12-packs of Diet Coke and (10) boxes of Wheat Thins and Triscuits! :thumbsup2

At one point, they had a $5 Chilis GC for like 140 points, and I got one of those.

HeatherFeather
06-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Also got two free tickets last year to Universal Orlando and took my sister when she came to visit last October. I am also hoping this one shows up again. If I remember correctly, it was towards the end of Summer that it showed up.

HeyIt'sMe
06-19-2011, 07:31 PM
We don't drink alot of soda in our house but once in a while a Coke sounds good so I'll get a 12-pack. I'll use the points to enter the sweepstakes. Haven't won...yet. ;)

This weekend I was at a parade of homes and as I entered one of the houses I noticed an empty 20 oz Coke bottle with the cap on in the garbage can outside one of the houses I was getting ready to enter. I almost reached in to get the cap...but I refrained. :laughing:

Marshay
06-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I have about 1500 points but haven't found anything worthwhile. I don't want to do the sweeps, b/c that's just like wasting the points. So I keep hoping something good will come but haven't found anything yet.

My DH is the Coke drinker in our house so we don't drink a lot...been saving for years.

I'm almost tempted to do the disney gift card ONLY b/c that's $15 more than I would have ... but it just kills me to spend that many points on $15 when other prizes/gift cards are a lot less.

I could use free tickets to Sea World or Six Flags!

PelletierBears
06-19-2011, 10:15 PM
I've cashed in for movie tickets, Nike $50 gift card and last year was able to get 2 tickets to Universal Studios Orlando (that was of course the best!)

LaDonna
06-20-2011, 09:03 AM
I could use free tickets to Sea World or Six Flags!

I'm not sure if it was just for my Atlanta area six flags, but there was six flags ticks for 1,000 pts each just today :)

worm761
06-20-2011, 09:16 AM
We drive to our vacation destinations so I save my points to get free sodas for the road trips. It saves me money for vacation.

Zhoen
06-20-2011, 09:34 AM
I've just started collecting, which is tragic, if you had any idea how much soda I drink... I figure even if I don't ever get anythign "big" with the points... I am more likely to buy bottles than go through drive-thrus now, so at least I'll save money that way (ie- CVS has coke 2-liters 10/$10 this week, and those are 3 pts each, but a coke from McD's is $1.90 and no points... so which is a better choice?)

I just took over running my office's snack bar, we do canned sodas, so while I stock according to demand and what is on sale, I get whatever points come in the cartons... and I am TOTALLY scrounging in the recycling bins here. No pride at all. :) I doubt I'll have 1000 points by the end of this summer, and our trip is next spring... but maybe I'll be able to pick up a gift card or something some day... thanks for all the hints, y'all!!!

gilby
06-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Has anyone won anything from their sweepstakes or is it a waste of time and points.

labdogs42
06-20-2011, 01:48 PM
My Dh Always gets the coupons for free 12 packs. Coke Zero is his beverage of choice, so we just roll the points back into more soda!

brianheather
06-20-2011, 01:52 PM
I usually use mine to get the photobooks from Snapfish for our Disney trips...
I have gotten 5 so far...

Wish they would have Disney Gift cards or tickets.. :confused3

Sammybeau's Mom
06-20-2011, 04:00 PM
We got 6 tickets to see the Thunder play in OKC earlier this years. They were the 2nd row from the top but as we say, free is free. My husband took our 2 boys and their friends.

I have 4 tickets to Universal in Floirda on the fridge that I hope we can use and I got 2 tickets to Silver Dollar City before they were out of stock. In the past they had crock pots, and sandwich cookers that I got for others I work with. So it has been a good thing for us....

DPK400
06-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Man there are some nice rewards in here. There doesn't seem to be anything of worth right now. We have around 4000 points right now.

johde
06-20-2011, 04:12 PM
My favorite thing on Mycokerewards was the $1.00 off a 12 pack. But their long gone. I won a pair of tickets to six flags through their sweepstakes. No, I didn't use any points either. If you click on the Rules and see if the sweepstakes has rule 5c. You can get a free entry by clicking on the link and typeing in a cryptic code. I'm hoping the Universal Hollywood tickets return. I didn't have 1000 points at the time but right after I got them, the tickets were gone.

tar heel
06-20-2011, 05:35 PM
If you go to concerts, the Live Nation gift certificates are a good deal and they are available most of the time -- probably b/c people don't know quite what they are. We have two Live Nation venues nearby.

A long time ago I got a $25 gift certificate to anywhere online -- used it to buy a Disney gift certificate.

More recently, I got my mom a magazine subscription.

I've also got a few free items for when you entered certain codes -- two college football T-shirts, a Coca-Cola 600 backpack and a Mello Yello Shirt.

MinnieVanMom
06-20-2011, 05:42 PM
I use to be a coke a day addict but set myself to quit the afternoon caffeine habit. I never knew how hard it would be to stop drinking a coke. But now two weeks into withdrawals I am now coke free.

I still have a few hundred points not worth very much at all.

Jennia
06-20-2011, 05:52 PM
They used to have Conde Nast gift cards to use for getting magazines, and I would redeem my points for a few of those for gifts. My last points were redeemed for an Omaha Steaks gift card that I used to get something for DH for his birthday. Although we don't drink tons of soda around here, we do entertain/have friends over often, and we always provide soda as one of the drinks. Also, my uncle pretty much lives off of Diet Coke and he'll save all of his caps for when he sees me. :goodvibes

ADisneygirl
06-20-2011, 06:06 PM
They had the free 12 pack coupon as recently as 2 weeks ago because I sent for that. There are also lots of magazines to choose from. I like to turn mine in for gift cards. In the past I've gotten $5 to Cracker Barrel, $5 to Maggiano's, $5 to Chili's and $10 to K Mart.

daughtersrus
06-20-2011, 06:15 PM
They had the free 12 pack coupon as recently as 2 weeks ago because I sent for that..

Do you remember how many points they were? I got 18 of them when it was on a Wednesday special many months ago and I haven't seen them since.

Edited to add...
Never mind. I found them but they're 240 points!