PDA

View Full Version : Starring Rolls or Writer's Stop for coffee?

disney4dan
06-17-2011, 06:59 AM
With our next trip coming up in less than two months, I was wondering which place in Hollywood Studios has the best cup of coffee? I have found in the past that a good cup of hot coffee helps to keep me going on a hot day - I know, very weird and I did get a lot of strange looks. However, it worked for me and I was wondering if they all have the same "brewed from Nescafe" syrup or if there is a place with real coffee?

maiyasmom
06-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Kona at the Poly also sells a very good cup of "real" coffee.

jcb
06-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Last December, Starring Rolls was not serving Nescrape. It was actually brewed coffee. It was nothing outstanding, but it tasted like real coffee. Several other places at DHS had real coffee makers behind the counter.

disney4dan
06-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks! I thought I remembered someone mentioning real coffee at Starring Rolls.

I've never made it to Kona for coffee, mainly because we head to the parks in the morning and we've never stayed at Poly.

Paul in CT
06-17-2011, 08:55 PM
I could be wrong, but I think that the coffee at Starring Rolls is the standard Nescafe. However, the last time I went to the Writer's Stop. The coffee was made from freshly ground beans and definitely better.

gojoe
06-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Writer's Stop (http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.ID=472)
Drinks
100% Arabica Coffee - .
Bottled Water - Bottled Water - $2.50
Cafe Cooler or Fruit Cooler - Cafe Cooler or Fruit Cooler
Cappuccino or Cafe Latte - Cappuccino or Cafe Latte
Character Cup - Character Cup; refills0
Chocolate Milk - Chocolate Milk
Disney's 100% Arabica Coffee - .
Double Espresso - Double espresso
Espresso or Americano - Espresso or Americano
Flavored Syrup - Add a flavored syrup to your beverage.
Hot Chocolate - A seasonal offering.
Hot Tea - American or Earl Grey.
Iced Cappuccino or Iced Latte - Iced Cappuccino or Iced Latte.
Iced Mochaccino or Iced Mocha Latte - Iced Mochaccino or Iced Mocha Latte
Island Chiller - Island Chiller
Milk - Milk
Mochaccino or Mocha Latte - Mochaccino or Mocho Latte
Powerade - Powerade
Selection of Soda - Selection of Soda

Starring Rolls (http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=221)
Drinks
Coffee Additions - Assorted coffee syrups. - $0.50
Selection of Cold Beverages - Dasani Bottled Water Assorted Milk , Nesquik Chocolate Milk , Minute Maid Apple juice or Orange juice , and Coca-cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Lemonade, or Nestea
Selection of Hot Beverages - Nestle Hot Cocoa or hot tea , Fresh roasted coffee , Espresso, Cafe Mocha , and Cappuccino or Latte
Selection of Wine - Served by the glass. Choose from pinot grigio, chardonnay, or merlot.

WaltD4Me
06-17-2011, 10:37 PM
There is a coffee and pastry stand outside the ride exit of Tower of Terror. They serve pretty good real coffee that is not Nescrap, lattes, Cappacunios and I think expresso too. That is my coffee stop at DHS.

crazy4stitch
06-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Writers stop is very relaxing!