PDA

View Full Version : Brits Get Malled

kellymonaghan
05-05-2001, 06:02 PM
Watch out! Two Orlando area shopping malls are making a special effort to "target" British travelers, according to a report in the Orlando Business Journal.

Neither of the malls in question, Altamonte and West Oaks, are near the major tourist attractions but, apparently, tourists account for a quarter of their sales.

I'd recommend giving both a pass. There are better/bigger malls (like the Florida Mall) closer to the big attractions and outlet shopping in Orlando is justly famous.

An exception: If you are flying into Sanford Airport as many Brits do, then the Altamonte Mall is a convenient place to stop (it's just off I-4) if you're headed to the airport at the end of the trip and you suddenly realize there's something you absolutely must get before you go.

Sue's Mum
05-06-2001, 09:42 AM
Thanks for looking out for us Kelly and thanks for the tip. I shall remember that one.

Jan;)

Goofyish
05-06-2001, 10:19 AM
They don't need to spend a fortune on advertising - just provide a free bus for Janice - that should double their takings over night ;)

Tim
:pinkbounc

Janice
05-06-2001, 12:51 PM
Ha! Thank you very much Mr. Goofyish!! ;)

Thanks for the info Kelly - nice of you to share and pay us a visit here on the UK boards :)

Goofyish
05-06-2001, 01:13 PM
That's OK Janice :D

Goofyish
05-06-2001, 01:23 PM
Still trying to get my clipart to appear!

thefatman
05-06-2001, 01:59 PM
I must say I prefere the Altamont Mall to the Fla Mall, its a lot less busy and less touristy, there also a huge amount of big stores opened up around it, bit like Lakeside here.
Only downside is the drive up I4 but if you time i t between rush hours its ok.

Angeluk
05-06-2001, 03:23 PM
Janice
Love your 'shopping bag', did you buy it at lakeside today?!! LOL
I went too, but would rather have been at Florida mall!

Angel

:wave:

Janice
05-07-2001, 08:34 AM
Hi Angel - found the bag on an Avatar Website! (whatever that is!! LOL)

and give me Florida Mall anyday!

Seeya ;)

Mickeytaker
05-08-2001, 05:53 PM
I must admit I love the Altimonte Mall. I visited both that and the Florida Mall but they had a special Swarovski event on at Altimonte when we were there and being a collector I HAD to go :D
I shop anywhere. Belz is the best for bargains though. I got 2 pairs of Reeboks for less than the cost of one pair here.
Just got back yesterday and I feel it was such a long time ago now. Time to start planning again.

Mickey_UK
05-09-2001, 02:43 PM
We came home sunday 6th may from sanford,checked in early then went to OVIEDO ( i think)mall just off 417.It was really good,I was walking round and suddenly realised I still had the safe key from the hotel in my pocket,I went to the information desk and the guy gave me an envelope taped the key to a pc of board and said he would put a stamp on it and post it later that day and he would not accept any money at all.what a great guy